Quantcast

» «
Photo

Should Free Aim Be Default for Online Competitive Play?

101 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Free Aim Be Default for Online Competitive Play? (145 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Free Aim Be Default For Online Play?

1. Yes (106 votes [73.10%])

Percentage of vote: 73.10%

2. No (39 votes [26.90%])

Percentage of vote: 26.90%

Vote Guests cannot vote
HITMAN1342
  • HITMAN1342

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

So another day and no free aim death match lobbies has me curious. Do people really like auto aim that much? Or do they not know that it exists? I always play on free aim and I've completed missions and all ten waves of survival with free aim so it's not some act of god to get kills with.  Once you get used to the aiming you realize that it is actually very fun and not all that hard to use.

With that being said, I have no problem with auto aim during PVE, it's the PVP that I feel is made irrelevant due to this glaring problem. Even then, those that want to use auto aim they can do so by switching the aim settings before jumping onlne though I don't see the fun or competitiveness in it at all. To each his own.

I enjoy free aim quite a bit, though I usually prefer auto for a variety of reasons (assisted, not full-on). One thing that would greatly improve free aim is if they improved the reticle. Without a lock-on, it just goes to a random spot every time, so I can't make the shots I have done in other games. Sometimes, the gun aims really high for some reason, which is ridiculous.

There is actually a fix for this too, unadvertised but you can change your reticle and if you make it "complex" instead of "simple" I think it's called then you will have a normal reticle. It's still not the best of sights, but it's miles better than the default.

binLatin
  • binLatin

El Rey Supremo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

Free aim is default you have to change it to assisted

lwalsh00
  • lwalsh00

FC Halifax Town supporter

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

No, free aim shouldn't be the default. This is GTA V, not COD.

Itsagimp
  • Itsagimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

That's pretty overwhelming poll results.

Odd to see the free aim DM lobbies always empty

HITMAN1342
  • HITMAN1342

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

For f*cks sake, I hate people like you who say "free aim this free aim that" there's a damn server for free aim only go and find out how to switch to that server

GTA from III has always been auto aim and always will.

A TL;DR would have sufficed

voad1
  • voad1

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

No. Because this is Grand Theft Auto, not -insert generic FPS-. 

Yeah and auto aim was something implemented for a single player game. And if you need it in single player to use as a crutch so you can go through the games story and enjoy yourself then that is fine. But when it becomes player vs player it should always be matching player skill vs player skill. Not hitting a button that aims for you. Should they also add auto driving for some of you? So you can simply hold down the acceleration button and the car drives and turns by itself?

lwalsh00
  • lwalsh00

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

Yeah and auto aim was something implemented for a single player game. And if you need it in single player to use as a crutch so you can go through the games story and enjoy yourself then that is fine. But when it becomes player vs player it should always be matching player skill vs player skill. Not hitting a button that aims for you. Should they also add auto driving for some of you? So you can simply hold down the acceleration button and the car drives and turns by itself?

People like you are what's wrong with the community. Maybe some people need auto aim because they are bad at aiming with a controller, or they just prefer to use auto aim. Ever since GTA III, GTA has used auto aim, so come to accept it.

HITMAN1342
  • HITMAN1342

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

People like you are what's wrong with the community. Maybe some people need auto aim because they are bad at aiming with a controller, or they just prefer to use auto aim. Ever since GTA III, GTA has used auto aim, so come to accept it.

The thing is, as previously mentioned with technological advances games are much easier able to implement a "free aim" system. I suppose either rockstar didn't want to take more time to work on that part of the game, or maybe you're right. Maybe it's just their staple.

I don't think the free aim is that bad, and I like the bit of a challenge. I just don't think enough people are aware that it exists and that is the main point of the thread.

voad1
  • voad1

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

No people like you are whats wrong with gaming. If you are bad at something then get better. You don't get better by using a crutch like auto aim. Getting good at or improving in anything is rewarding. Having something spoon fed to you with no real effort on your part is not. And it does not matter that this has been a part of GTA since 3. # wasn't an online game. And all online games are competitive. That is why you are online pitted against other players. It wouldn't even be such a big issue if it were easier for me to stay in my free aim lobby but I can't. I have to change it to free aim every time before going online, and then if I want to join a random session or a session that some friends are in then I have to switch.

X S
  • X S

Miss LS Organizer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

I don't usually play many games on my PS3, and I can't stand using the PS3 controller for shooting.  I play all my FPS games on Xbox, and even went as far as to buy a Scuf controller for that.  So, when I play GTA on PS3, I'm mostly playing it casually and for the experience, not the shooting.  I can't use a PS3 controller to aim, I'm just not used to it and don't really care to adjust.

I really wish I could use my Xbox Scuf on the PS3.  I think there's a way to do that, but the adapter costs money.  No thanks.

lwalsh00
  • lwalsh00

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

No people like you are whats wrong with gaming. If you are bad at something then get better. You don't get better by using a crutch like auto aim. Getting good at or improving in anything is rewarding. Having something spoon fed to you with no real effort on your part is not. And it does not matter that this has been a part of GTA since 3. # wasn't an online game. And all online games are competitive. That is why you are online pitted against other players. It wouldn't even be such a big issue if it were easier for me to stay in my free aim lobby but I can't. I have to change it to free aim every time before going online, and then if I want to join a random session or a session that some friends are in then I have to switch.

Grow up.

voad1
  • voad1

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

How about you grow up? You have nothing intelligent to say so that is your only response? Something is difficult for you and there are people better than you at it, so you'd rather it be done for you instead. Or you can play and get better, which is more rewarding.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users