Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyone hate how you can't sprint up hills?

16 replies to this topic
ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

It gets pretty annoying. They allowed you to do it in RDR so why did they remove it for this? I always just jump up hills as it's a lot faster than just jogging. It just seems pointless to me how they don't let you sprint up hills.

Nairbnotsew
  • Nairbnotsew

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

I'd like to see you sprint up a hill IRL brah.
  • theGTAking101 and GTAboob like this

dontneedanotherusername
  • dontneedanotherusername

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

Agreed, jumping lol.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

I'd like to see you jump up a hill too brah, as apparently this game says you can do that but not sprint up it.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

Can be a bit annoying, but I just keep jumping up.

• AtomicPunk likes this

Vagos MC
  • Vagos MC

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

Yeah, it sucks. The only way to get up a hill fast is to jump and run. 

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

Well, I guess it is more realistic that you can't sprint up the hills/mountains, but if you could, then it would look to cartoony/silly. However, I do get annoyed when I die when running from cops because I move too slowly uphill.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

Well, I guess it is more realistic that you can't sprint up the hills/mountains, but if you could, then it would look to cartoony/silly. However, I do get annoyed when I die when running from cops because I move too slowly uphill.

You see, the thing is, they kinda messed up on the realism aspect, because you're still able to jump up the hill and it looks a lot more ridiculous than sprinting up the hill would've been. That's another point I forgot to mention. Dying because the hill slows you down. It gets pretty annoying.

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:26 PM

You see, the thing is, they kinda messed up on the realism aspect, because you're still able to jump up the hill and it looks a lot more ridiculous than sprinting up the hill would've been. That's another point I forgot to mention. Dying because the hill slows you down. It gets pretty annoying.
true, but there are some hills where if you try to jump while running up them, you will lose balance when you land and fall and go tumbling. I thought that was a nice effect.

davegrimes96
  • davegrimes96

One man army

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:26 PM

I remember jumping up mount chilliad in san andreas, now that was fun

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:05 AM

Can be a bit annoying, but I just keep jumping up.

That's the way ya gotta do it. Just might as well jump, as Van Halen would say.

mrkush90
  • mrkush90

the kid with the lethal left jab aka danny''onepunch'

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:50 AM

It gets pretty annoying. They allowed you to do it in RDR so why did they remove it for this? I always just jump up hills as it's a lot faster than just jogging. It just seems pointless to me how they don't let you sprint up hill

you try sprint up a hill bruv ... that's why when you are trying to go up a hill use the jump button aswell

Fluttershy Pony
  • Fluttershy Pony

Yay.

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:04 AM

I find it hilarious how you can keep jumping to 'slide' up a hill, same for stairs (you could do that in GTA IV too), I guess it's another aspect they didn't bother trying at, since the animation makes you slide up. Running up hills would be quite difficult though, so I guess that's why you can't.

What I really can't stand is how any NPC can run up a hill like it's nothing, they can sprint up hills with no problems, but if I tried, the clunky character control would make me tumble down...

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:08 AM

I can sprint up a hill and I'm not very athletic. I may not be as fast as I normally am on flat ground, but I can still sprint/run/jog up a hill, and a flight of stairs in real life. 

Actually, the characters in GTA V look more athletic than me, plus all that time spent running from the cops and dodging and ducking in fire fights gotta have some sort of positive effect on their bodies. Sprinting up a hill even for a short time should be relatively easy for them if they aren't too out of shape.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:56 AM

It's not RL, brah. You might have had more of a point if this was RL, brah. You can find UFOS in this game and get a space car. Is running up hills where the suspension of disbelief ends?

And if it was real life, cops wouldn't be able to sense me causing explosions with no one around ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN.

• keeronv likes this

keeronv
  • keeronv

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:18 AM Edited by keeronv, 27 October 2013 - 03:18 AM.

YES, I HATE IT ALSO!

The character just falls on his ass and takes like 5 seconds to get up.

If you walk into a wall my character falls flat on his ass, its quite annoying.

A game isnt supposed to emulate real life ffs.

IN REAL LIFE YOU CANT RUN OVER 50 PEDESTRIANS AND GET AWAY WITH IT . LOL

keeronv
  • keeronv

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:21 AM Edited by keeronv, 27 October 2013 - 03:24 AM.

It's not RL, brah. You might have had more of a point if this was RL, brah. You can find UFOS in this game and get a space car. Is running up hills where the suspension of disbelief ends?

And if it was real life, cops wouldn't be able to sense me causing explosions with no one around ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN.

LOL

well said, thats what i dont understand with all this IN REAL LIFE sh*t

Its a game !! The fact is, its not real life, its a video game, if we want to run up a hill in a game , then let us LOL..

Cops sense everything in this game, The cops are assholes just like in real life, so at least they got that right in this game lol.

On a Serious note, The Cops need to be like they was in the other games, its hard to have fun in GTA V if you do anything at all, the Cops come out of nowhere, they start ramming you off the road and start f*cking you up lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users