A car that has gone unnappreciated

35 replies to this topic
M16A3 TryHard
  • M16A3 TryHard

Carbine Rifle Tryhard

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

The Voltic.

Dear god, this car is fast, cool, quiet, and just an over-all beast.

Can't be destroyed via fire and is so quiet that you'll from time to time check your audio settings.

YouMirinBrah?
  • YouMirinBrah?

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

The Voltic.

Can't be destroyed via fire and is so quiet that you'll from time to time check your audio settings.

It's sh*t. The Sentinel has always been one of the best cars in the GTA series. Remember the mafia versions from the older games.

gametyme89
  • gametyme89

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

The Voltic.

I got mine in Black Metallic with Ultra Blue Pearlescent!! :D

Brainberry
  • Brainberry

Tiger Lion King Of The World

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

It isn't fast, it just accelerates really quickly and the fact that it can't use turbo makes it useless in races. Once other cars get turbo they will accelerate just as fast and top out higher. 

M16A3 TryHard
  • M16A3 TryHard

Carbine Rifle Tryhard

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

It isn't fast, it just accelerates really quickly and the fact that it can't use turbo makes it useless in races. Once other cars get turbo they will accelerate just as fast and top out higher. 

If you can explain to me how you turbocharge an electric car, then by all means explain.

Mars A7X
  • Mars A7X

Echelon

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

It's not that good and you could just get the Comet as it's a lot like it but better. 

RobWithGuns
  • RobWithGuns

Master Creeper

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

While I love the Voltic and have one myself, it just doesn't have enough speed once it's moving. Most of the race tracks in this game have far too many straightaways and it's way too easy for someone to catch up to you going down one of those - especially since it's thrown in the supercars category with the Cheetah and Entity. 

The lack of power is too much of a liability for most people, I guess. It can still be very useful in a few specific scenarios, though. 

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

If you can explain to me how you turbocharge an electric car, then by all means explain.

He said it CAN'T.. lol

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

PC or die'

• Members
  • None

The Tesla knock off? I love that car.

dream3r
  • dream3r

Keeper of dreams

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:59 PM Edited by dream3r, 26 October 2013 - 08:00 PM.

If the Voltic is the one based off the Tesla models (sorry Idk my GTA cars) Then I want it just to say I have one.  Thhat being said I like when my car makes noise, feels more powerful that way....Might just keep it for looks and stick to my 9F with trubo....also anyone else notice the 9F cost 130k yet I've been able to races any supers and either win or tie?

PZVNGI
  • PZVNGI

BOSS

• Members

Nice sig.

BobjebobMarleyson
  • BobjebobMarleyson

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

Pretty sure he said it can't use turbo.

Brainberry
  • Brainberry

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

Exactly my point, you can't which makes it useless since its top speed is ass so once other cars get turbo and match the Voltic's acceleration the car loses it edge. You basically just answered your own question. Its unappreciated for a reason. 

RobWithGuns
  • RobWithGuns

Master Creeper

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

The Voltic sounds like an angry vacuum cleaner. 

M16A3 TryHard
  • M16A3 TryHard

Carbine Rifle Tryhard

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:02 PM Edited by M16A3 TryHard, 26 October 2013 - 08:04 PM.

Pretty sure he said it can't use turbo.

I know, I'm telling him your supposed to expect that it can't have turbo when it is an electric car.

-TommyVercetti-
  • -TommyVercetti-

@Vercetti Estate

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

Car that has gone unappreciated is Cognoscenti. the Bentley knockoff

M16A3 TryHard
  • M16A3 TryHard

Carbine Rifle Tryhard

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

Exactly my point, you can't which makes it useless since its top speed is ass so once other cars get turbo and match the Voltic's acceleration the car loses it edge. You basically just answered your own question. Its unappreciated for a reason. 

You know turbocharging cars in GTA V only increase acceleration and not top speed, right?

M16A3 TryHard
  • M16A3 TryHard

Carbine Rifle Tryhard

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

The Tesla knock off? I love that car.

Yeah, its a Tesla Roadster.

Brainberry
  • Brainberry

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:09 PM Edited by Brainberry, 26 October 2013 - 08:09 PM.

You know turbocharging cars in GTA V only increase acceleration and not top speed, right?

No sh*t, what the fuk is wrong with you? Havent I said that already? haha wow. 

I hope you're high. 

M16A3 TryHard
  • M16A3 TryHard

Carbine Rifle Tryhard

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

I hope you're high. 

Well, explain how a stock Voltic accelerates quicker in a race than a custom Entity.

(without quickstarts)

crashhat69
  • crashhat69

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

i hate that car. the sound it makes drives me nuts

Brainberry
  • Brainberry

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:13 PM Edited by Brainberry, 26 October 2013 - 08:14 PM.

I hope you're high. 

Well, explain how a stock Voltic accelerates quicker in a race than a custom Entity.

(without quickstarts)

wtf lol

That was my whole point, jesus christ you're dense. Are you trolling me? 

*sees avatar*

Nvm carry on. 

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

Voltic and surano by far. Surano is a whole 100k cheaper and nearly faster than the Carbonizzare, not to mention classier styling, yet no one has one. Bullet as well is the best bargain super and looks and sounds better than any of them for the price.

• Vitamin PWN likes this

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:22 PM

I personally despise this car, all electric cars creep me out, I like to hear the exhaust and engine roaring but its so absent that I start to make up weird engine sounds in my head and now a have complex and hatred towards all electric vehicles. Not to mention its small, so so so small of a car that its super status should be revoked.

PS-B_C
  • PS-B_C

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

Voltic and surano by far. Surano is a whole 100k cheaper and nearly faster than the Carbonizzare, not to mention classier styling, yet no one has one. Bullet as well is the best bargain super and looks and sounds better than any of them for the price.

The Surano has no good mods that make it look good, though.

klova91
  • klova91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

I hope you're high. 

(without quickstarts)

wtf lol

*sees avatar*

Nvm carry on. 

But I am curious, I've been doing quite a few races and even tested a couple of theories with friends and it seems that the custom vehicles allowed option only affect the look and sound of your car and when choosing your custom vehicle you still get the stock car stats. So that would mean the voltic does have some good qualities too it.

Screenshot
  • Screenshot

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

Only reason i don't like Voltic is because it makes no noise. I want my baby to scream!

Brainberry
  • Brainberry

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

I hope you're high. 

(without quickstarts)

wtf lol

*sees avatar*

Nvm carry on. 

But I am curious, I've been doing quite a few races and even tested a couple of theories with friends and it seems that the custom vehicles allowed option only affect the look and sound of your car and when choosing your custom vehicle you still get the stock car stats. So that would mean the voltic does have some good qualities too it.

Custom stats carry over. Try racing a full modded Entity with a stock and you will see a difference. A person on here made a video about full upgraded cars, some even show the difference past the LSC upgrade bar. Every performance upgrade makes a difference. 

Born_Homicidal
  • Born_Homicidal

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

surge is probably better imo..

since you can customize it more and use turbo on it..

Scorpionking20
  • Scorpionking20

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

I can confirm it's a cool car, but as said above, once other super's are turbo'd up, it loses it's benefits.  On a side note, no other can can go reverse, then 180 quick turn to forward like the Voltic...nothing comes even close.  It's the most nimble car in the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users