Quantcast

» «
Photo

What Rockstar said about the Content Creator.

17 replies to this topic
HammerLarry
  • HammerLarry

Boss member

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

This isn't a question, it's just a perception i'd like to share.

You might've read the newest story on the newswire about the beach bum pack; stimulus package and content creator, but if you haven't - here: http://www.rockstarg...ine-update.html

Pay attention to this excerpt.
--
THE CONTENT CREATOR
We are also working to bring you the debut of the first part of the GTA Online Content Creator this fall giving players the ability to craft, publish, rate and play custom-made Deathmatch and Race Jobs. Well be keeping our eye open for exceptional ones that well be stamping as Rockstar Verified and will be featuring them here at the Newswire and as part of forthcoming GTA Online Social Club Events. Both the Content Creator and the Beach Bum Pack are free.
--
Re-read this: We are also working to bring you the debut of the first part of the GTA Online Content Creator this fall.

First part?

I'm guessing the second part of content creator will be the ability to create missions.

It's unfortunate that the game is half broken because of the economy and inflation due to glitchers and hackers, but what do you think of this "first part" and what are your ideas for the "second part"?

thx

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:26 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 26 October 2013 - 06:42 PM.

You are reading too much into it. You are also assuming it will only have two parts, or this is how I am reading - sorry if I am mistaken.

What worries me is the non-regulated part of all this: what`s to stop 2 pals to make the shortest race possible, with the biggest RP / money reward possible, then farm it?

• Loxley and KamikaziOtter like this

NudasPriest
  • NudasPriest

Midnight Toker

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

I would assume that you wouldn't be able to set an RP/money reward on your custom missions (races, deathmatches, whatever). Maybe you can set it within a range, or maybe it's automatically calculated based on how you make the mission (how many checkpoints in a race, distance between them, something like that), that's my guess.

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

What I'll say about the content creator - it's completely pointless until players can create actual missions.

Allowing players to cordon off areas for Deathmatches or create Race routes has no purpose when the game is already saturated by an overabundance of events which a) utilize nearly all the map and b) lack effective quality control.

I mean what proportion of the playerbase has completed all 72 Deathmatches + all 19 LTS events or completed all 94 Races? And if players haven't exhausted all the standard options.. then what point is there in adding new player-created ones? Not much, unless the players come up with maps that are significantly different or significantly better (seems unlikely) and that can only ever work with systems which promote quality content (at this stage I'm not convinced the Like rating has any use, checking through the jobs menu basically every menu-launchable job has a like rating near 80%).

If Rockstar had come up with say... 15-20 high quality DMs & 15-20 high quality races then there would be use in having a content creator, but when the game has 100 mediocre races / mediocre deathmatches allowing more doesn't really help.

• LordCold likes this

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

What I'll say about the content creator - it's completely pointless until players can create actual missions.

^ this who cares about making races or death matches? it will just be genneric marker/weapon/vehicle placements etc...boring.

Need missions to really keep the game going.

Daos Draxon
  • Daos Draxon

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

They have already said that eventually they want the content creator to allow the building of missions as complex as those found in story mode.

dream3r
  • dream3r

Keeper of dreams

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

^ this who cares about making races or death matches? it will just be genneric marker/weapon/vehicle placements etc...boring.

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

PC or die'

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

I wouldn't really say there is an economy since prices don't really change, but the money glitchers do devalue it for everyone else.

As for the content creator, I'm not surprised there is more coming, I'm so sure it will be continuously added to in the future which is great to think about.

Don't know if they will let us create missions like the ones from NPC's since that would leave open a lot of room for abuse. Some sort of objective like game types would be nice though, as I'm sure the community could come up with some awesome missions.

Either way can't wait till it drops, I'm going to go wild with it and try to create the most interesting maps and game types I can. If they can implement a content creator that's even a little on pat with Halo's forge then I see this game having a bright future.

Can you imagine a zombie like gametype in GTA? Zombies only using melee, with humans only using pistols and shot guns. I mean like I said it really depends how much freedom we're going to have with this thing, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

Sorry to b e so negative, but this isn't a surprise in the least. Like everything else it seems to be on a "wait and see" and "have faith" that this will be awesome ... someday ... idea. The whole game is designed like that, imo. As some have already stated, and I agree with entirely, this game doesn't need more races or deathmatches; regardless of quality or who developes them. The game needs more variety of things to do such as better missions, heists and a heaping handful of something that gives it some form of desperatly missing depth; not infinate variations of the same old things we already have enough of.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:58 PM Edited by Pinnkiepie, 26 October 2013 - 08:59 PM.

"The Benz claims that Rockstar wants the learning process to be gradual, to better introduce the creation tools and enable more complex things - like your own missions - later on down the line.

The creation software will also allow you to change the difficulty of a mission - even mid-way through a mission - as well as elements such as weather or time of day.

A Clan Wars style system may also be coming to GTA Onilne, but not on launch.

The Benz was cagey on the idea, and suggested that we would learn more about such a feature next year."

HammerLarry
  • HammerLarry

Boss member

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:14 AM

interesting posts

-Murder-
  • -Murder-

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:45 AM Edited by -Murder-, 27 October 2013 - 03:46 AM.

There's no way being able to create deathmatch maps and race tracks is going to be pointless. People are very creative and I guarantee that with time the created content will be much better than the Maps/Tracks that Rockstar have made. 

I mean, look at how horrible most of the maps for deathmatch are now? You think that can't be improved upon and make for a much better deathmatch experience?

I don't understand the obsession with these tedious, boring missions people enjoy so much.

HammerLarry
  • HammerLarry

Boss member

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

There's no way being able to create deathmatch maps and race tracks is going to be pointless. People are very creative and I guarantee that with time the created content will be much better than the Maps/Tracks that Rockstar have made. 
I mean, look at how horrible most of the maps for deathmatch are now? You think that can't be improved upon and make for a much better deathmatch experience?

I don't understand the obsession with these tedious, boring missions people enjoy so much.

you're right about the races and deathmatches. everyone is, but the missions can be made more fun than the ones rockstar created as well.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

death matches and races are boring

creating heists or missions would be much more gratifying

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

I look forward to it but I'm also a bit sceptical for reasons allready mentioned

quality control is going to be a problem

rockstar has allready said they will approve certain missions but if it's a popularity thing I'm worried

just look at what people play now

nothing but criminal records, worries me wat will happen with this content creator

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:55 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 27 October 2013 - 06:56 PM.

death matches and races are boring

creating heists or missions would be much more gratifying

Agreed.

However, by the looks of things, with beach bum pack coming November, we`d be lucky to have heists in December (hunch, not facts). I am assuming content creator in December too. That`s at least 2 months for toolset since mode is in the game. No guarantee it will be the next thing introduced and not the 10th, after Survival Toolset, Parachuting Toolset, and 7 more Whatever Toolsets.

I would LOVE doing heists and try to do nice and interesting heists via the creator, but I don`t see it before March.

All the above is just theory without any supporting facts to support said dates. It is my personal opinion only, so don`t be an idiot and argue about them.

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

I agree with the people here that says its to little to late, and i also agree that R* continues their wait and see it will be cool one day campaign ... And if you dont find the missions horrible boring after 5-10 completions, you are indeed unique ...

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

I have a track in mind. "The widow maker". With pieces of through the grapevine, Vinewood nights and a glorious downhill entrance into the city between houses through narrow streets. Can´t wait!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users