» «

Death from Above question

10 replies to this topic
  • Pelican

The one who knocks

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

If you're not supposed to do this mission until you have a chopper, how are you supposed to finish it? Started this mission on my lonesome, expecting to find a chopper/plane at the docks or at a hangar somewhere only to come up dead empty. Then I went back to the manor and went to the highest place around but it only lets you chute in to the yard and not where you need to be. Coming close to the manor will trigger a three star wanted level and there's a million blokes inside, making an escape just as unlikely. If R* offers this mission so early in my levels, I should expect them to provide means to finish and not laugh in my face because I dared to do it at a relatively low level. 

• howboutdemboyz91

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

I still don't get it... I have Lester so I can call and request a chopper I think, haven't tried it though.. Everytime I get into it with someone they try to do it by ramming in the gates and just having a shootout, doesn't work! Are we supposed to request a chopper and drive it inside the gates somewhere? If you have to photograph and kill the target, I guess with 2 people in a chopper it may work, then haul ass.. ??

• Wesburnsco86

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

We called Merryweather for a chopper lift, when the pilot arrived to pick us up we killed him and took his chopper,but you have to be a certain level to call in a chopper lift 

• riksterinto

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

If you don't know somebody who has a chopper, you can call the Merryweather chopper.

If you have a full team you can go through the front gates.  It's best to leave one teammate outside in the city and have the rest of the team take care of the target and grab the photo.  The team that goes in should go up to the left as soon as they break through the gates.  The inside team might have trouble getting out but as long as one person makes it back to Martin's after the photo has been taken you will all pass.

I can't imagine doing this mission solo even with a chopper.  I'm sure it could be done but  I'd rather have some help.

• N_Devil

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:47 AM

I did it solo and without a helicopter. It was a pain in the *** though.

I approached the mansion by the garage door next to the pool (can't explain better than this). I used my car (40% armor upgrade) as cover to kill the guys guarding the garage and the rooftop. Here, my main targets are the guards on the rooftop because they can shoot you while hiding behind cover. If you aren't using a silenced weapon and is outside the property area, you should have 1 star by now. Doing this will make every enemy hide behind cover inside the property. When this happened, I threw 3 grenades over the wall on the left to thin the enemies, this grants a 3 stars. I ran and evaded the police to cool things down a bit. Then did the same thing all over again (without the grenade part) to make sure I wasn't shot behind my back.

The most important thing is to not die while doing all this. You want save your life in case you can't get out of the mansion after take the picture of the victim.

Now, for the third and last incursion to the mansion.

I entered the property using the garage next to the pool, shot 2 guys on the left, went to the pool, shot the guy on my right side and proceeded to the victim location. As I passed the pool and turned to the left, I shot 4 guys, including the victim. I ran to take the picture and as I returned to grab a car, I got killed by the cop's helo. I respawned without wanted level and just went to Madrazo's house.

TL;DR: Don't do this sh*tty mission alone.

• R_Nail

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

About the chopper. There is one at the Vespucci Helipad. Only thing it that the pilot flying it takes off as soon as you get too close. Back off a bit and he will begin landing again. When he does shoot him in the head from a distance and steal it.

(You will not be needing a sniper rifle to take him out, i did it with my smg free aiming.)

• AlienWillHeMonsta

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:31 PM Edited by AlienWillHeMonsta, 27 October 2013 - 01:31 PM.

About the chopper. There is one at the Vespucci Helipad. Only thing it that the pilot flying it takes off as soon as you get too close. Back off a bit and he will begin landing again. When he does shoot him in the head from a distance and steal it.

(You will not be needing a sniper rifle to take him out, i did it with my smg free aiming.)

Is that the one next to the Marina?

If it is I've done this mission once by taking a chopper from there and landing it on top of a tall building about half a mile east of the target mansion. From there I snipered as many guards as I could see. But even at this distance you get a three star the cops are alerted, so flew away as far as I could until my wanted level dropped.

Once the guards numbers had been thinned out I drove to the mansion and finished them off and killed the target. For all the work put into it the payout was measly son I haven't done the mission again.

• Bgw4l

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

I just drive straight through the entrance on the right and there is a path you can drive through by pool. Then push hard to the right where those white columns are, get cover behind one of those and you should be able to handle mission easily.

• abfirstr8

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

Its not really a mission thats worth it... Its lame like the construction mission. You're better off just avoiding it.

• Shmiqq

you know how it is man

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

This is the only one Martin offers me when I request a job, still haven't done it. He doesn't even supply the heli. I could do it easily if it wasn't for the PD interfering, and maybe if the silencer actually stopped me getting noticed.

Just get 4 people inc yourself, that's all I can say.

• danya0365

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:29 PM Edited by danya0365, 31 October 2013 - 09:34 PM.

My friend solo lonely go straight inside home then kill the bodyguard and kill them then use super car near that to flee the police

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users