Quantcast

» «
Photo

Lack of detail? Lack of peds? I DON'T THINK SO!

33 replies to this topic
iIiIiI00080
  • iIiIiI00080

Rock On

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

Let me just say, I've been exploring this game for a while now and it's probably the most detailed game ever. 

There are paparazzi's waiting outside houses in the hills, there are people racing atv's in the countryside, bus drivers stop and get out and light up cigarettes, the world just goes round. Not to mention the little vigilante missions that let you help or steal from people, random people to talk to, etc etc. 

I knocked over a pot in someones backyard in the hills and it made the most realistic noise ever. LIKE COME ON THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO DO THAT. But they did. 

0_0.jpg

Need I say more? anyone who works at a restaurant can relate. 

• IveGotNoValues and WorldWideFM like this

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

People just love to complain.

roostersrule2
  • roostersrule2

I'm Batman

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

This game is so choice.

fish61324
  • fish61324

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

There is so much lack of detail and pedestrians in GTA V.....

Said no one.. ever

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:25 PM Edited by RockstarFanboy, 26 October 2013 - 04:26 PM.

most people who complain haven't played the game yet... ignore them, I actually thought those people were right until I played the game and realized it was the most epic gta ever... and yes the game has tons of details

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

#MetInPR 😍

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

the other day i was just walking on vinewood hills and i saw this gardeners working, i got close, they looked at me but keep on working, all of the sudden a phone rang, ince of the guys stopped working, cleaned his hands and had a full conversation with his uncle. when he was done he when back to work while complaining that his uncle and family, south of the border just keep calling him asking for money.

they continue working and talking about their families. all of this was in spanish and it sounded so authentic.

IGhostUlt
  • IGhostUlt

LSLKS

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

Yeah but they just stand there, same for the pedestrian waiting outside of a club that they can't even go in. That shows how lifeless this game really is. It's all just eye candy

• Stockton209What and ThinRedLine1981 like this

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:33 PM Edited by 2281, 26 October 2013 - 05:34 PM.

The complaints about the lack of pedestrians relates to one of the previews that reported there would be "five times as many pedestrians" in V than IV.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

There are plenty of peds in areas that should be populated. Just try and drive in front of the shops on Vespucci Beach without hitting anybody.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

There are plenty of peds in areas that should be populated. Just try and drive in front of the shops on Vespucci Beach without hitting anybody.

Now drive down the road to Downtown LS. It seems a little bare.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

I always see plenty of peds.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

I f*cking love the pedestrians and life that this game has. Incredible really for current gen. Makes you wonder what Rockstar will deliver on next gen. May these wonderful people continue to make amazing games for years to come.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

You keep telling yourself that.

As long as you're satisfied.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

I know what I see with my eyes. There are even more or less people depending on time of day.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

I know what I see with my eyes. There are even more or less people depending on time of day.

You're missing the point: is there "five times as many" pedestrians in V than IV. There's not.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

You're missing the point: is there "five times as many" pedestrians in V than IV. There's not.

I didn't take out a calculator and count it.

TaazR
  • TaazR

$$$

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

What's the point of these pedestrians other than immersion since they die after you punch them once or shoot them in the leg? They don't even say anything remotely funny unlike the previous games which were full of GTA humor.

Longtonguehuey
  • Longtonguehuey

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

I know some people feel let down by certain aspects of GTA V but I'd like to know what is comparable in terms of games currently on the market? Is there a game out there that matches the sheer diversity of this game?

I'd love to know what people believe is the yardstick if it's not this.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

THEY MEANT FIVE TIMES MORE MODELS IN THE BASE OF MODELS TO CHOOSE FROM, not five times more pedestrians walking on the streets. That was explained WEEKS BEFORE THE GAME WAS RELEASED and yet here we are, a month+ after it was released and there are still ignoramuses like you walking around.

• IveGotNoValues likes this

killerx2
  • killerx2

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

first yes, but thats unfair since there is a way bigger map, there is more space.but foot by foot there is atleast the same amount, and i think they meant types of peds.there is a wide variety and i haven't noticed any peds repeat themselves all over the place.

back on topic- late at night at beaches you can see girls take off their clothes and go skinny dipping.the detail really is amazing.

ludvigR
  • ludvigR

Player Hater

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:51 PM Edited by ludvigR, 26 October 2013 - 07:51 PM.

This game is very detailed and there is a lot of things to do. I can't see how people still keep coming up with new things to complain about.. like think. In Gta iv everyone was bitching about the planes not being flyable. Now we have that but everybody takes it like it's just there.. think about how many things that are in the game that you would probably have been whining about if it wasn't there.

• John Smith likes this

dp415263
  • dp415263

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

THis game isn't detailed

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

This game is very detailed and there is a lot of things to do. I can't see how people still keep coming up with new things to complain about.. like think. In Gta iv everyone was bitching about the planes not being flyable. Now we have that but everybody takes it like it's just there.. think about how many things that are in the game that you would probably have been whining about if it wasn't there.

Exactly.

Most of these spoon-fed brats take everything for granted. They are too brain-dead (thanks to a certain generic FPS game) to appreciate the finer details of effort that go into making a GOTY-worthy title.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

Not only that, but pedestrian numbers also depend on the time of the day in game.

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT
  • I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT

I Rips that hole

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

i wish peds didnt die so ez. in iv i could hand/foot shot ppl over and over for a lil torture fun. in v 1 hand shot is fatal

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:43 PM Edited by lizardman563, 26 October 2013 - 09:47 PM.

Let's stop the dogma and take it from someone who actually lives in LA. There SHOULDN'T BE "five times as many peds in V as there is in IV" because that would be disproportionate to the amount of people in LA and NY, and henceforth in LS and LC. The amount of people I see in LS is pretty much accurate to how many people I would typically see in LA, save for a few areas like the "del perro" promenade which should be alot more populated but that's just one area. The traffic in LS is also alot smoother than real life LA but that is understandable as its due to game limitations and the amount of vehicles on the screen at any given time is spectacular to begin with. 

And yeah OP, the amount of detail is incredible. I always hated the unauthentic conversations that were had in GTA IV, it really broke immersion. In V, I can't tell you the amount of times I've walked past peds talking on their phone or to other people around them and actually having a realistic conversation.

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

THEY MEANT FIVE TIMES MORE MODELS IN THE BASE OF MODELS TO CHOOSE FROM, not five times more pedestrians walking on the streets. That was explained WEEKS BEFORE THE GAME WAS RELEASED and yet here we are, a month+ after it was released and there are still ignoramuses like you walking around.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Some people really need to do their research before complaining. The five times statement is very true, there is a much greater variety in peds depending on the area you're in.

Anyway, the detail in this game is incredible, easily the most detailed game i've ever played

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

Took the words right out of my mouth. Some people really need to do their research before complaining. The five times statement is very true, there is a much greater variety in peds depending on the area you're in.

Anyway, the detail in this game is incredible, easily the most detailed game i've ever played

Exactly. It's like they look for stuff to complain about without even getting their facts straight. 

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

Sortve have a life outside of video games, go easy

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

Let's stop the dogma and take it from someone who actually lives in LA. There SHOULDN'T BE "five times as many peds in V as there is in IV" because that would be disproportionate to the amount of people in LA and NY, and henceforth in LS and LC. The amount of people I see in LS is pretty much accurate to how many people I would typically see in LA, save for a few areas like the "del perro" promenade which should be alot more populated but that's just one area. The traffic in LS is also alot smoother than real life LA but that is understandable as its due to game limitations and the amount of vehicles on the screen at any given time is spectacular to begin with. 

And yeah OP, the amount of detail is incredible. I always hated the unauthentic conversations that were had in GTA IV, it really broke immersion. In V, I can't tell you the amount of times I've walked past peds talking on their phone or to other people around them and actually having a realistic conversation.

I love the real conversations they have with eachother. Whether it's face to face or when one of them gets a phone call, it always sounds legit. Like you said, IV jus didn't sound right when it came to that sortve thing. I love this game and the little things they put an effort to put in the game.

Sure there might be some things they left out or forgot, but you can only do so much with current tech, ie; how much you can fit on a screen at one time. The fact they got a decent amount of traffic on parts of the freeways really floored me.

Overall they did a great job with this game. The pros greatly out way the cons.

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT
  • I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT

I Rips that hole

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

gta v is truly amazing. case closed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users