Photo

The handling is actually good...

20 replies to this topic
Tikhung
  • Tikhung

Where is my mind?

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:05 PM Edited by tikhung01, 26 October 2013 - 03:09 PM.

Hi guys,

I'm a PC Gamer.

i can't play GTA 5 so i decided to BUY L.A Noire on PC.

And i must admit, the handling and physics are freaking awesome!!!

I bet GTA V have the same handling and car damage, but more explosions...

I used to hate GTA V handling VERY MUCH, until now...

Betox190
  • Betox190

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

You shouldn't either like or hate it, as you haven't played...

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

mmm i have LA Noire Complete Edition on ps3, i like the game but my only complain is the cars... they are awesome but they are weightless and can turn in a dime.

i dont know if thats fixed on pc but on console they never addressed that issue.

Fluttershy Pony
  • Fluttershy Pony

Change my stupid name.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:38 PM Edited by -=Bert=-, 26 October 2013 - 03:44 PM.

L.A. Noire has horrible driving, not to mention Rockstar didn't make that game, they published it. The driving in GTA V is terrible, not to mention anything explodes from the slightest bump...

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

Its opinionated. I went to play Forza Horizon again today and I am having much more fun driving. If find it more thrilling yet easier to stay in a lane while driving around a tight bend.

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:45 PM Edited by RockstarFanboy, 26 October 2013 - 03:46 PM.

L.A. Noire has horrible driving, not to mention Rockstar didn't make that game, they published it. The driving in GTA V is terrible, not to mention anything explodes from the slightest bump...

everything explores from the slightest bump? wat....

and the driving is awesome so i think we played diffrent games

Artillery
  • Artillery

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

wat? :lol:

• Jacob-B likes this

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

GTA V handling is fun for me, though it does feel like Saints Row 2 (especially in taxis and police cars) in some way. Rockstar definitely took a step back with the realism in GTA V when compared to IV.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

Its opinionated. I went to play Forza Horizon again today and I am having much more fun driving. If find it more thrilling yet easier to stay in a lane while driving around a tight bend.

Forza is actually a great franchise. Very fun. And I love the cockpit views they have.

GTA V is too arcadey. Even the damage is arcadey and I can't forgive for that. It just feels cheap compared to IV.

LennonNL
  • LennonNL

English Rose

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

LA Noire driving is terrible.

GTA V driving is brilliant.

Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

um wut

vashts1985
  • vashts1985

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

cars have too little weight in this game.

JANTSUU
  • JANTSUU

Wanted Level: ★★★★★

• Members
  • None
  • Best Video 2012 [GTA V Trailer with Niko, Luis and Johnny]

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

And way too much grip.

• Sting4S likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

And way too much grip.

Agreed. I miss the thrill of going into a corner wondering if I'm going to make it out perfectly. That's why I'm sort of heading back to Forza and IV when I want to actually have fun driving.

TheTruthOnly
  • TheTruthOnly

Street Cat

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

Driving is like in the past GTA's. It's dumbed down and limited, but actually feels "fun" and responsive. Although Rockstar gone way too far to satisfy GTA IV driving haters.

In IV and especially EFLC handling was perfect for bigger trucks, good for SUV's, average for sedans etc, but awful for sports cars. Weight was great, damage was perfect. Overall was fine, but still far from perfect.

In V every car is f*cked up, besides sports and super ones which are ok. There's no weight in cars and they are too tough to damage. If you add Armor they are like tanks. ehh

Something in between those two would be perfect I guess....

the_kid311
  • the_kid311

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

You shouldn't either like or hate it, as you haven't played...

i see what you did there... lol

The Dark Passenger
  • The Dark Passenger

Bay Harbor Butcher

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

So you've evidently never played GTA V.

Duxfever
  • Duxfever

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

I get what you mean by this, but it only happens perhaps by chance, if your vehicle is really damaged, or I think if you hit something in a specific area of your vehicle.

I tried to go up a very small hill with a plane on its wheels near Trevor's airfield, but I bumped into a wooden fence and the plane exploded.

I miss GTA IV's vehicle handling, but I have more fun with V's.

And I hate how the body of a vehicle sometimes automatically adjusts itself when driving through different levels of terrain, instead of it being "transitioned" like in IV.

Vagos MC
  • Vagos MC

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

I have to agree. The car handling is just rubbish. It's like one of those PS2 games with the fast car handling. I can't even control it. A major difference from IV. 

Fluttershy Pony
  • Fluttershy Pony

Change my stupid name.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:01 PM Edited by -=Bert=-, 26 October 2013 - 05:02 PM.

So you've evidently never played GTA V.

Yes, my 194 hour+ playing time is all a lie. I don't like the handling, I prefer realistic handling, it gives you more of a challenge, if you play something like BeamNG.drive, you will see how a vehicle should handle, with soft body physics too. GTA V's driving was made easy because players complained that having to actually control a vehicle was too difficult, if they kept IV's driving and tweaked it a little, it would have been fine.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

I liked V's handling and it is nothing like La Noire.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users