» «
Photo

Disinterested mods should be replaced/

16 replies to this topic
Canucks555
  • Canucks555

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:40 PM Edited by Canucks555, 28 October 2013 - 02:42 AM.

Edited.

Thanks guys.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:16 AM

Have you tried moderating a forum of this size? I guess not. We understand that the forum is way too busy since a new game is out. We can't go around being nazis and killing everything that is not up our alley. We're still effectively cracking down on spammers, rule breakers, etc. whilst letting minor things slide. Things will quieten after a certain while and we'll be back to normalcy.

As for topics getting locked, is it not easier to report the people harassing you as opposed to engaging them further with back and forth insults and derailing your own topic?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:20 AM

Better yet, since we're the worse.. find another community that's better than us.

Oh wait...

Sauron
  • Sauron

chillin' like a mega villain

• The Precinct

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

Nice job proving his point GunWrath ;)

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

Would be nice to have moderators partake in conversations more, as apposed to it coming across as though it is beneath them to do so.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

Stormer, most of the staff here have been on the forums for years. Most of us have Careers and other stuff going on. We stick around as older adults to maintain the forum we grew up posting on. I'm definitely a fan of the series and played GTAV as much as any other person. I have posted in threads in the V section but not that often.

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:12 PM Edited by Adriaan, 26 October 2013 - 04:18 PM.

Would be nice to have moderators partake in conversations more, as apposed to it coming across as though it is beneath them to do so.

There's no emotion or internet hatred attached to this comment, but I'm pretty sure that last bit is something that was created in your mind. I don't think a lack of participation in discussion is meant to showcase what you are saying at all. I say this knowing a lot of these guys, and having been a moderator on and off on this forum throughout the years.

You can't ask the [volunteer] moderators to step up moderation, while at the same time, ask them to participate in discussions more. Being that it is the internet, and in an appy app world that we live in, you're used to getting what you want at the click of a button, but these are human beings that have the freedom and choice to do how much they want of their hobby as much as they want.

Sorry for the ramble, but these comments and demands just sound quite a bit grating to me towards the moderation staff.

As for other communities, you should check out http://reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV. There's some interesting stuff upvoted on a daily basis - and the associated voting system for the comment threads also filter out the stuff you're referring to. It's a bit different than say a forum, but nice if you're looking to read through and browse through things now and then.

• GunWrath likes this

Canucks555
  • Canucks555

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:55 PM Edited by Canucks555, 26 October 2013 - 07:00 PM.

Well thanks for replying guys.

At the end of the day it's just a gaming forum and kids will take control in their own special way I suppose.

But Wow!  That GTO5 forum is a miserable place to wrap your head around if you're a mature gamer.

Would post a few questions about the game I have there, but the traditional and witty answers IE:

OP is a fcking homo

Didnt read op is a fag

Wut

Bro mad u?

u Bro mad

Just aint cutting it in my books.

Oh and yah maybe if you find the time, chime in every once in a while. The rude little brats may take the appearance of a mod as a sign to tone down their un warranted insults.

Frag on brothers.

Have  a great weekend.

bobblunderbust
  • bobblunderbust

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:58 PM Edited by bobblunderbust, 26 October 2013 - 08:59 PM.

Well thanks for replying guys.

At the end of the day it's just a gaming forum and kids will take control in their own special way I suppose.

But Wow!  That GTO5 forum is a miserable place to wrap your head around if you're a mature gamer.

Would post a few questions about the game I have there, but the traditional and witty answers IE:

OP is a fcking homo

Didnt read op is a fag

Wut

Bro mad u?

u Bro mad

Just aint cutting it in my books.

Oh and yah maybe if you find the time, chime in every once in a while. The rude little brats may take the appearance of a mod as a sign to tone down their un warranted insults.

Frag on brothers.

Have  a great weekend.

cool story bro

tell it again

S99
  • S99

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

Why did you join if you don't like it?

Why are you online if you don't like it?

Right currently (At the time of posting) we have 556,192 members. Now 2554 people are viewing the GTAV section currenly there are 4 threads that are unneeded, then conciser this there's 24? category with sub forums, then think about admins and mods have lives, they need to work etc.. What i am getting at is theres 4 mod on at the moment, they cant cover every single part of the forum, so there will be threads that slip through the net, give them a chance.

Dont like it? f*ck off! and make your own forum, this popular!

Like it or Lump it pal

The mods and staff do a great job

Canucks555
  • Canucks555

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:59 PM Edited by Canucks555, 29 October 2013 - 12:42 AM.

edited

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:13 AM Edited by StormerBoy, 27 October 2013 - 12:14 AM.

Why did you join if you don't like it?

I was hoping for something better.

-Forum integrity.

I guess childish idiocy and a lack of moderating is the status quo ...

But you're right, of course, and I am wrong in assuming that these forums could be a better experience for gamers.

Oh and your nose is just a little brown there buddy. lol.

There's nothing wrong with having a life beyond modding an apparently uncontrollable forum.

There also should be nothing wrong with replacing those that are too busy with other things in life, family, jobs, etc.  with folks who are up to making this forum a better experience for the many people who come here seeking information.

Just my opinion,

You have covered everything I was going to say, agree 100%.

Mostly the last section. I don't know/recognise most of the apparently existent moderators, or administartors for that matter. Granted I don't spend a lot of time here, but nevertheless. Perhaps it is time to 'nudge' on a few 'old timers' who have more important things going on in their lvies, and good for them if they do.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:49 AM

...I'll nudge yer ma.

(i've been patiently waiting on the ultimate bern op in this thread)

In the interest of self preservation, allow me to illuminate you: the areas of which you speak are under assault by a slurry of new members who won't likely be sticking around for the long haul. You can help by reporting offending posts and ignoring spam. Anything else is less than helpful. Thanks.

LT. Ronald C. Spiers
  • LT. Ronald C. Spiers

"Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse."

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

How does one become a moderator on this forum? I would gladly help out, I have ran my own community and will happily look after certain threads that I am actively apart of.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:50 AM

How does one become a moderator on this forum? I would gladly help out, I have ran my own community and will happily look after certain threads that I am actively apart of.

It doesn't work that way. Moderators are generally chosen based on their experience/behaviour/knowledge here on the forums and to some extent, their time zone. At present, we are adequately covered and aren't looking to add more staff.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

Girish, you should start a fee for staff membership.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

I suggested it but Waddy doesn't make enough fish to pay for it.

• PhillBellic likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users