Photo

How to open the titan door

28 replies to this topic
Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

Youtuber :D

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:04 PM

For those that don't know, this is how it is done. Personally, I think R* messed up with this, there is no reason why they couldn't have put a simple switch!

• dontneedanotherusername likes this

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:13 PM

Yeah, add a simple switch he says, I'm sure its as simple as saying simple, you know what I mean?

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

Yeah, add a simple switch he says, I'm sure its as simple as saying simple, you know what I mean?

Haha, okay okay maybe I am expecting too much! But I am sure R* are capable of such amazing things as a working door.

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:29 PM

Haha, okay okay maybe I am expecting too much! But I am sure R* are capable of such amazing things as a working door.

They should be able to. Idk why they made the doors so useless. The cars slide right out...

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:43 PM Edited by Lil ski, 25 October 2013 - 11:45 PM.

What? You never punched the back hatch down of a C-130 with your bare fists before? Man you haven't lived!

One time I caught my ex girlfriend's car on fire once just by stomping on the roof a couple times.
  • Udrift likes this

WizardsSleeve
  • WizardsSleeve

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

your able to put up and down car roofs so it should be the same for the titan

United_Stealth
  • United_Stealth

Scooter brother

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:16 AM

Yeah, let's program a big game like gta 5, but we can't program a simple, yes simple, door like they already had in bf1942... (And I'm sure in games before that)

JoeB
  • JoeB

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:57 AM

Yee, defo hope they add it so you can pull down the back door, would love to be able to drive a car in there in the future. Bought it and it seems a little pointless but it can be fun to fly for a while

Slippery Gypsy
  • Slippery Gypsy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:53 AM

these are the small things that made gta v a fail

iKevhawk
  • iKevhawk

Street Racer

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:02 AM Edited by iKevhawk, 26 October 2013 - 04:05 AM.

The funny thing about your comment is that there's a mission in the story mode where you press a button to close the Titan's hatch. It's the same button for retractable softtops on covertibles in this game. Right on the D-Pad.

Chris CJ Jakobsson
  • Chris CJ Jakobsson

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:35 AM

Remember first time playing GTA San Andreas?

When you could pull airport-cars (or whatever they are called) with the Bagage Handeler?

When you could drive cars on to the Packer

-When you could controll a train

-these where the small things that made San Andreas a great game, it was disipointing that they removed this completly in IV.

-I was badly expecting these things in GTA V.. but no.. 

I agreed with the OP, one switch can't be that big of a deal for RockStar, i mean, maybe a hard for EA Games, HAHA, but come on RockStar..

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:35 AM

There were so many possibilities, if we could open and close it! When you fly it things in the back tend to fall out :/

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

What? You never punched the back hatch down of a C-130 with your bare fists before? Man you haven't lived!

One time I caught my ex girlfriend's car on fire once just by stomping on the roof a couple times.

Remember first time playing GTA San Andreas?

When you could pull airport-cars (or whatever they are called) with the Bagage Handeler?

When you could drive cars on to the Packer

-When you could controll a train

-these where the small things that made San Andreas a great game, it was disipointing that they removed this completly in IV.

-I was badly expecting these things in GTA V.. but no.. 

I agreed with the OP, one switch can't be that big of a deal for RockStar, i mean, maybe a hard for EA Games, HAHA, but come on RockStar..

I think online we can control trains, I am sure they can be stopped online and the driver killed. The titan would be amazing for playing with friends we could skydive a bunch of people at the same time and many crazy ideas!

• Strix aluco likes this

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

Yee, defo hope they add it so you can pull down the back door, would love to be able to drive a car in there in the future. Bought it and it seems a little pointless but it can be fun to fly for a while

2 million and you have to get out and punch it! It also glitches like the driver will see it open and others closed. Shame really, was really looking forward to using it.

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

your able to put up and down car roofs so it should be the same for the titan

Yes, that's even more complex! I just don't get why!

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:49 PM Edited by killahmatic, 26 October 2013 - 05:50 PM.

no more difficult that opening a car door, or putting the top down. Thats like adding a fire truck but not adding sirens and lights.

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

LMAO! Realism!

Vagos MC
  • Vagos MC

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

Hahaha. Are you serious? How would anyone possibly know that the back door is accessible by punching the back of the plane. I also don't see why they wouldn't add a door. Jesus.. 

• gta-massy likes this

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

impossibru

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:19 PM

impossibru

Lol!

• mariana_dm1989 likes this

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:41 PM Edited by Murad96, 26 October 2013 - 11:44 PM.

I actually managed to close the Titan door, but then a few seconds later I hear BOOM and the bike in the Titan exploded and I had to pay the insurance for it. My Titan was going down and then it flew into the water and sank.

ILuvRockstarGames
  • ILuvRockstarGames

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:32 AM

Programming doors are actually one of the easiest things to do ... 

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

I actually managed to close the Titan door, but then a few seconds later I hear BOOM and the bike in the Titan exploded and I had to pay the insurance for it. My Titan was going down and then it flew into the water and sank.

Lol that happened to me too, it glitches sometimes and just blows up

HitPoint
  • HitPoint

<3

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:07 AM Edited by HitPoint, 27 October 2013 - 11:13 AM.

Pretty sure it wasn't the programming of the door, it's the collision issues with anything that has a fuel tank tends to explode inside of the titan, or sometimes even just driving up the hatch causes sh*t to explode.

They obviously had something in mind for the titan to carry vehicles but probably ran into too many issues coding the collision detection with moveable objects inside of it so they left it as is.

Collision detection is one of the harder things to code in a video game.

Stop acting like you know what it takes to make "simple" contraptions like this to work in a complex environment.

Good day sir.

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:23 AM

Pretty sure it wasn't the programming of the door, it's the collision issues with anything that has a fuel tank tends to explode inside of the titan, or sometimes even just driving up the hatch causes sh*t to explode.

They obviously had something in mind for the titan to carry vehicles but probably ran into too many issues coding the collision detection with moveable objects inside of it so they left it as is.

Stop acting like you know what it takes to make "simple" contraptions like this to work in a complex environment.

Good day sir.

One of us is a game designer...good day to you too.

HitPoint
  • HitPoint

<3

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:45 AM Edited by HitPoint, 27 October 2013 - 11:47 AM.

Good day sir.

Labeling themselves as a game designer sure does make them a magical being who can cure all collision woes even when dealing with 8 year old hardware. ALIENS!

Good night sir!

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

Good day sir.

Labeling themselves as a game designer sure does make them a magical being who can cure all collision woes even when dealing with 8 year old hardware. ALIENS!

Good night sir!

Hmm? Dude you are full of assumptions! I admit I was just showing my annoyance by saying it is simple, obviously if they could've made it they would've. I don't need to prove myself to you anyway, p.s use some commas that was one messed up sentence.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

Yeah, let's program a big game like gta 5, but we can't program a simple, yes simple, door like they already had in bf1942... (And I'm sure in games before that)

I've given up trying to understand Rockstar's decision making. They are capable of doing incredible things with game design & programming, yet omit what could've been some really cool features. 

As for the door on the cargo plane & the storing of vehicles inside (haven't even done the mission involving this plane). The problem seems to be them moving independently of the plane, causing them to get damaged & explode. In programming terms, would there have been no way to lock them in place, which I'm sure happens in real life? 

I understand that what might seem simple to me, could be a technical nightmare for developers & impossible to get working properly. However, as you said, a relatively old game BF1942 (a similar sandbox, open world/map type game) managed something similar. 

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:25 AM

I've given up trying to understand Rockstar's decision making. They are capable of doing incredible things with game design & programming, yet omit what could've been some really cool features. 

As for the door on the cargo plane & the storing of vehicles inside (haven't even done the mission involving this plane). The problem seems to be them moving independently of the plane, causing them to get damaged & explode. In programming terms, would there have been no way to lock them in place, which I'm sure happens in real life? 

I understand that what might seem simple to me, could be a technical nightmare for developers & impossible to get working properly. However, as you said, a relatively old game BF1942 (a similar sandbox, open world/map type game) managed something similar. 

Well said! The textures inside are pretty rubbish too, but the game is huge I guess, more important things to focus on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users