Photo

Gaming industry YEAR 2050!

31 replies to this topic
rave2012
  • rave2012

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

Just want to talk about games and GTA I already see GTA having 100s of types of cars, millions of pedestrians and millions of things to do. I can see that future gaming will have 200 people in one server imagine that with no lag no limitations no pop ins. Well as a whole gaming and consoles in the year 2050 will be groundbreaking probly most of it will be virtual reality. What's your thoughts on future gaming!

dreadluxx
  • dreadluxx

дрэдлоксъ

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

sh*ts prolly gonna be virtual reality or some crazy sh*t

Strix aluco
  • Strix aluco

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

Direct neural stimulation. I.e. intracellular nanobots stimulating the neocortex to conjure up virtual realities that seem way more real than reality itself. 

United_Stealth
  • United_Stealth

Scooter brother

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

I will be 60 by then.... So no thank you 8)

It will be an amazing game though, to bad it will be so big we have to wait even longer between gta's

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

Which will further make the media ignorant and say it causes crime in real life because of how real it is

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Minion

• The Connection
  • Finland
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

I see myself in Hexagon of Saturn 2050.

Juggernate007
  • Juggernate007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

2050 you will be playing nes on a generator both of which you scavenged from some random house after the apocolypse has accured.

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

2050... you have the choice of living in the real world full of corruption, over population, famine and war or, you can be hooked up to the WWW which has now become a virtual world. Welcome to the Matrix.

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

I Run This Town

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

I Run This Town

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

2050... you have the choice of living in the real world full of corruption, over population, famine and war or, you can be hooked up to the WWW which has now become a virtual world. Welcome to the Matrix.

For a high fee i guess...

LateNightNeons
  • LateNightNeons

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

I would hope that the day comes by and not die by then, couldn't give a f*ck what the game would look like.

rave2012
  • rave2012

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

I think graphics will look life like well actually it will lol I like all your theories

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

For a high fee i guess...

Oh the fee is high alright, you simply sign a lifetime contact so once your plugged in, you can never be disconnected. You a designated a job and you have to work your ass off. Failure to comply would infect you with painful viruses lol.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

Well as a whole gaming and consoles in the year 2050 will be groundbreaking probly most of it will be virtual reality. What's your thoughts on future gaming!

Virtual reality? doubtful. 

As for the year 2050, I couldn't care less. I'll be 60-something and wont be playing video games. 

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

Dullard

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

Depressingly realistic, to the point where you hear the door go and you wonder if it's a neighbour or the start of a new mission.

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

workers of all countries, destroy

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:40 PM

The Earth will probably be inhabitable by then.

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

Well, assuming there is no energy crisis, with the population boom and rising economies, the budget for the game will be in the trillions. Africa, China and South America will add a lot of money.

The game will be on the cloud and probably be hundreds of terabytes. With the huge budget and falling cost of technology and maybe quantum computing, the game could be run by supercomputers. No limit to how many people on each server, one server for everyone.

I would use something like Google Maps to map out the whole world. There will probably be a computer program that will take the images from Google maps and turn them into a 3d map, but they will still look lifelike. If they don't want a 100% accurate representation of the world, the computer program will scramble and mix and match all the assets. You could edit out the boring areas of town make it smaller and more action packed, but I have no doubt the maps for video games in the future will be drawn by computers.

By accessing the cloud, all video games will probably be connected. If you want to play Madden Football, you drive to the stadium. You can go to space, conduct raids in Iraq. Anything you can do in real life.

Couple that with virtual reality or what ever else comes up, and there will be people playing it for years straight, not going into the outside world much.

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

I'm hoping it will be full virual reality and you can feel everything. Getting shot/stabbed will give you a little sting, skydiving will give you the sensation of intense free falling, hookers will...well you know  :lol:

• rave2012 likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Wise old Yardie

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:49 PM Edited by The Yokel, 25 October 2013 - 10:49 PM.

I'll be 61, if I don't choke on my own tongue before then, so I don't care. But if we don't get holodecks in the next 20 years I will be really disappointed.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:11 PM

Direct neural stimulation.

BINGO

we have a winner.

the future of gaming is basically The Matrix.

gaming (like movies, even) will someday be an ACTIVE experience that YOU personally get to star in.

you'll be placed in the "physical" game universe and it will look/feel NO different than reality. like an interactive dream that you don't have to be afraid of because nothing can harm you in spite of how intense it feels. where it's so realistic that you cannot tell the difference between it and real life. that's where everything in entertainment is heading.

• rave2012 likes this

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:13 AM

BINGO

we have a winner.

gaming (like movies, even) will someday be an ACTIVE experience that YOU personally get to star in.

you'll be placed in the "physical" game universe and it will look/feel NO different than reality. like an interactive dream that you don't have to be afraid of because nothing can harm you in spite of how intense it feels. where it's so realistic that you cannot tell the difference between it and real life. that's where everything in entertainment is heading.

That'd be a great place to put the insane. Those who have a knack for violence, toss them in a virtual reality simulator full of people and let them go to town.

Going Nowhere
  • Going Nowhere

Nobody Interesting

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

Maybe we can go to outer space and explore other planets.... who knows?

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:12 PM Edited by Skizzo45, 26 October 2013 - 06:12 PM.

Well as a whole gaming and consoles in the year 2050 will be groundbreaking probly most of it will be virtual reality. What's your thoughts on future gaming!

Virtual reality? doubtful. 

As for the year 2050, I couldn't care less. I'll be 60-something and wont be playing video games. 

A real gamer will always play games no matter how old they are

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

BINGO

we have a winner.

We still have a long way to go, it seems even more distant than 2050

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

I know you've been complaining, but you weren't ready.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

You're hoping for 200 people in a multiplayer server when even a 1000 is already possible on PC? The concept of multiplayer will probably change forever and will be based around holograms of actual people or game characters, something like Oculus Rift but much more advanced. I'm with the direct neural stimulation guy, and that sh*t is going to make everyone go crazy eventually. :p

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:28 PM

We still have a long way to go, it seems even more distant than 2050

you're right.

I wasn't talking about 2050.

I was just talking about the future in general.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:31 AM Edited by nightwalker83, 27 October 2013 - 12:39 AM.

Virtual Reality isn't new! It has been around in one way or another since the 70's/80's.

Such as a  Schriebmann-Port? (play Beneath a Steel Sky if you don't know what I am talking about).

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:09 AM

We (if still alive) will live a retro era where arcade machines will take up the gaming industry.

So by 2050, Call of Duty MW 25 will look like this.
original.png

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:42 AM Edited by AceKingston, 27 October 2013 - 05:43 AM.

Console gaming and PC gaming will die instead Phone gaming will become popular even more popular. Phones will be able to play almost anything.

Or of course something like The Matrix.

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

2050!?

I don't think I'll be playing video games by then.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users