Photo

Tips for Fighter Jet Deathmatch

6 replies to this topic
JungaBahadurRana
  • JungaBahadurRana

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

I played this deathmatch for the first time yesterday. I played like 3-4 games but couldn't destroy a single jet.

Question is, when should I launch the missile? Is it when the box goes green or red?

Also any tips regarding this kind of deathmatch is appreciated. 

geckits4301
  • geckits4301

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

Launch when it's red.  Also, its easier for you to hit targets (and harder for them to dodge) if your angles are good.  Try shooting at them when you are behind them so the missile has a more natural path to the target.  If you aim at them heading at one another, there is a very good chance you miss.  I also always fire two missles back to back to increase chances.

• JungaBahadurRana likes this

SnoSurfer
  • SnoSurfer

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

Only when red.... that means it has a solid lock, however the missiles can still be dodged.

Learn to switch between guns and missiles too, guns are incredibly effective at closer ranges and if the jet is flying at you etc. Basically learn the best situations to use both.

And just get better at flying. The more manoeuvrable you are the better you will be at avoiding enemies, and keeping them in front of you rather than behind.

If you are on xbox I will gladly do some Jet Deathmatches with you!

geckits4301
  • geckits4301

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

If you guys want to add me as well, that would be great.  I love that deathmatch and will play anytime.  my XBL name is Willy Welfare

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

We Heistin'

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

I played this deathmatch for the first time yesterday. I played like 3-4 games but couldn't destroy a single jet.

Question is, when should I launch the missile? Is it when the box goes green or red?

Also any tips regarding this kind of deathmatch is appreciated. 

Launch missiles when the box goes red, else you won't get a lock-on and the missile will enter free-flight.

Typically though, any experienced Lazer (or indeed, any aircraft) pilot knows that the missiles can be avoided by performing a tight turn. My advice? Launch your missiles and then switch to guns to shred your target as he slows for a turn. Trust me, i've won the Fort Zancudo jet Deathmatch a few times, once without dying once.

SnoSurfer
  • SnoSurfer

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

If you guys want to add me as well, that would be great.  I love that deathmatch and will play anytime.  my XBL name is Willy Welfare

I will happily play this too...

GT: SnoSurfer

I won't claim to be amazing or anything, but I enjoy loads and am always up to fly in jets!

JungaBahadurRana
  • JungaBahadurRana

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:26 PM Edited by JungaBahadurRana, 25 October 2013 - 07:28 PM.

Thank you very much for the replies. I'll surely give this a try.

I'm on PSN. Please add if you like 

PSN : s_paw1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users