Photo

Rockstar money cards. Why it isnt a conspiracy

30 replies to this topic
blitzzd
  • blitzzd

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

I've seen several uneducated guesses that there is a conspiracy from Rockstar to force us in to buying their cash cards.

This is stupid for several reasons.

1) You don't HAVE to buy a card. Just because your levels were lost doesn't mean they want you to buy money cards. Money cards won't do anything for levels characters lost

2) despite payouts being cut you earn enough to "survive" in the GTA online world. Those who complain about this are just upset it will take more TIME to get what you want. This wasn't intended for people to fully level up in 3 weeks. The impatience of youth really shines through on this one... You want it all NOW NOW NOW!!!

3) they would already have the cards in place if they were just doing it to rape the masses of their wallets. This fact alone makes me laugh at all you morons that claim its a money grab...

4) micro transactions are now a fact of the gaming world. Get used to it. Almost no game comes out that you aren't able to purchase something extra to add to it. Maps, weapons, DLC anything. Even bloody Facebook games.

Considering a GTA game is released about every 5 years and is literally a one time purchase, I don't have a problem with the micro transactions as I realize I am not forced to purchase them.

Good day
  • Goldmine Sucks and Kulgrim like this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

The only way to be forced to buy a cash card is to go enter your credit card information and click agree to purchase.

• Kulgrim likes this

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:42 PM Edited by SideburnGuru, 25 October 2013 - 06:44 PM.

2) despite payouts being cut you earn enough to "survive" in the GTA online world. Those who complain about this are just upset it will take more TIME to get what you want. This wasn't intended for people to fully level up in 3 weeks. The impatience of youth really shines through on this one... You want it all NOW NOW NOW!!!

I've seen this so many times. 
And only on this f*cking board. 

It's still as f*cking stupid as the first time I've seen it.  

And you didn't even need a post with legiamate reasons. Is R* going cash hungry? Yeah. Why? Because they're a company. What people need to realize is, no company is going to cater for love. f*ck the people who believe that. 

Each company has a desire for cash. Period. Love comes second. It's a quote that's spread around, money can buy love, love can't buy money. R* wants money. 

Will they continue to expand GTA Online out of love? f*ck no. They're going to expand it out of money. Will it be fun to play? Surely. 

But the people who are acting like R* is doing all this out of love, and for longetity of the game are f*cking hilarious. 

So in short, no TC. R* isn't running a "conspiracy" with cash cards. But are they doing it for love, and cutting things back for longetity? Yes and no. The main reason? Money. 

• Ertrick36 likes this

Crookid
  • Crookid

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

The only way to be forced to buy a cash card is to go enter your credit card information and click agree to purchase.

<3

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

Yes, I agree with you. People are stupid. R* cares more about the integrity of their game then cash cards. 

• Kulgrim likes this

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:46 PM Edited by iFight, 25 October 2013 - 06:47 PM.

OP. it's useless, stupid people won't understand.

• Kulgrim and tubevox1982 like this

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

Yes, I agree with you. People are stupid. R* cares more about the integrity of their game then cash cards. 

I really hope you don't mean this. 

Because this is silly. They're a f*cking company. 

GTA Online is going to be a money grabbing system. If not the cash cards, the future DLC to expand their Online universe will surely show that.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

I could theoretically hold a gun to your head and tell you to buy GTA$. I think that might count.

• iEatzNiggletz likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

I could theoretically hold a gun to your head and tell you to buy GTA$. I think that might count.

I'd still have to enter my credit card info and press agree to purchase.

• Kulgrim and tubevox1982 like this

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

Pay to win systems have been in games for a long time now. They simply tweak mission/race etc payouts and add in enough cash sinks to make sure everyone is just about scraping by so the only way to get those expensive items is to either play for some sort of ridiculous 10 hours a day, or pay R* for their cash cards.

No thanks R*, think we'll just destroy your whole in game economy by using the glitches and make your cards redundant to all but the poor hapless souls who want to continue paying money for a game after they've bought it. 

OutrageHash
  • OutrageHash

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

The reason the cash cards aren't out now is because if people spent real money on them and then had their characters/money/purchases deleted they wouldn't be appeased by a bullsh*t stimulus package and Rockstar would have to start giving refunds.

That's the only reason they aren't up

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

Is it a conspiracy? No.

Are they trying to make their cash cards a more viable option? Yes.

Why is this still a discussion?

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

Is it a conspiracy? No.

Because some people still believe that R* is only doing this for their fans and not the money alone.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

They obviously WANT to take your money, anyone would. But you buying them is an entirely personal choice. Saying "I need the cars all my friends have" is not the same as Rockstar forcing you.

• Kulgrim likes this

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

If I really wanted to get technical, doing it yourself isn't technically being forced so much as it's a choice you're making. Being forced to do something involves an outside "force" leaving you no other option but to do what's being asked of you. It stops being a choice at that point.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

If I really wanted to get technical, doing it yourself isn't technically being forced so much as it's a choice you're making. Being forced to do something involves an outside "force" leaving you no other option but to do what's being asked of you. It stops being a choice at that point.

Nothing Rockstar can do is equal to this type of forcing, but you are right I suppose!

riksterinto
  • riksterinto

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

Pay to win systems have been in games for a long time now. They simply tweak mission/race etc payouts and add in enough cash sinks to make sure everyone is just about scraping by so the only way to get those expensive items is to either play for some sort of ridiculous 10 hours a day, or pay R* for their cash cards.

No thanks R*, think we'll just destroy your whole in game economy by using the glitches and make your cards redundant to all but the poor hapless souls who want to continue paying money for a game after they've bought it. 

People who think and act like you are ruining the game for everyone else.  You have caused delays for the release of FREE DLC that will benefit everyone. Features like transferring cash to friends has been disabled in the game because of you.  I really hope R* brings down the hammer soon and resets your entire account.

• Kulgrim and JustHatched like this

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:27 PM Edited by Black Rabbit, 25 October 2013 - 07:27 PM.

Is it a conspiracy? No.

Because some people still believe that R* is only doing this for their fans and not the money alone.

Cash cards are not where R* money is going to be coming from. If the integrity of their game is broken via a bunch of glitchers, nobody will purchase the game. If players are making too much money too fast, then they'll quit playing the game all together. This is exactly why R* changed the payouts. They even said they would be reviewing how quickly people earn income and adjusting things throughout the first month or two. When they release a new island for $10 or whatever, they want the most amount of players possible. 

You've always been an ass and assumed that R* is out to steal your piggy bank. Yes. They're a company. No. They're not a stupid company. No. They did not do the things that have been happening to force people to buy cash cards. You're an idiot to think so. $20 for a million bucks? f*ck that....people that have money and want to buy them will buy them no matter what other people are doing. People that won't, won't. Just because you're mom won't let you spend any extra money on the game doesn't mean R* is ruining your experience by making high-end objectives take longer to achieve. 

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

People who think and act like you are ruining the game for everyone else.  You have caused delays for the release of FREE DLC that will benefit everyone. Features like transferring cash to friends has been disabled in the game because of you.  I really hope R* brings down the hammer soon and resets your entire account.

Why don't r* simply remove cash cards from the game completely and increase mission payouts to 5-10 times the amount? It would make all these glitches redundant overnight. I mean surely the $500+ million dollars they must have made in profit from box sales alone warrants at least a couple of DLC's and content updates, without trying to dig further into the players pocket...

MrMonkish
  • MrMonkish

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

Cash cards are for the mass of players who are stupid enough to buy them.

This almost makes me want to go on a rampage killing everyone I come across.

Can you imagine spending real money on this game, then losing it all because you keep dying?  I really only imagine horrible players using the micro-transaction, which will make it that much more fun killing them, knowing you are costing them real money.

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

FYI

Nobody reads your posts anymore

You diluted yourself

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

Is it a conspiracy? No.

Wait, tell me again, why is it wrong for a business to want to make a profit? Because your logic doesn't even make sense until you can explain this.

Kouhia
  • Kouhia

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

Why don't r* simply remove cash cards from the game completely and increase mission payouts to 5-10 times the amount? It would make all these glitches redundant overnight. I mean surely the $500+ million dollars they must have made in profit from box sales alone warrants at least a couple of DLC's and content updates, without trying to dig further into the players pocket...

I bet you were disappointed in SP when you didn't have 100 million a the start of the game?

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:51 PM Edited by Ola441, 25 October 2013 - 08:05 PM.

And you didn't even need a post with legiamate reasons. Is R* going cash hungry? Yeah. Why? Because they're a company. What people need to realize is, no company is going to cater for love. f*ck the people who believe that. 
Each company has a desire for cash. Period. Love comes second. It's a quote that's spread around, money can buy love, love can't buy money. R* wants money. 
Will they continue to expand GTA Online out of love? f*ck no. They're going to expand it out of money. Will it be fun to play? Surely. 
But the people who are acting like R* is doing all this out of love, and for longetity of the game are f*cking hilarious. 
So in short, no TC. R* isn't running a "conspiracy" with cash cards. But are they doing it for love, and cutting things back for longetity? Yes and no. The main reason? Money.
So rockstar are not doing this for the love of their work and for their product to be played for years to come? Companies can't like what they do. You seem very disillusioned with life or you aren't old enough to realize people need a purpose in life and it's not all about money.
  • Black Rabbit likes this

riksterinto
  • riksterinto

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

What world do you live in?  What business isn't there to try and make money?  The point of this thread is nobody was or ever will be forced to buy them.  People act like R* sent live mercenaries to their house forcing them to buy cash cards.

Zonegamer
  • Zonegamer

Front Yard Balla

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

No one's forcing you but R* know majority of it's fanbase are gullible and will take shortcuts to obtain the best item. Just look at glitching, none of those players have enough patience so they retort to cheating the system without putting any real effort in. 

R* is a business at the end of the day and there's a reason the cash cards were bought into the picture and money's become harder to obtain as a legit player.

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

So rockstar are not doing this for the love of their work and for their product to be played for years to come? Companies can't like what they do. You seem very disillusioned with life or you aren't old enough to realize people need a purpose in life and it's not all about money.

Who's the fat girl in your avi?

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

If you want your things NOW, you might buy said cash cards. Depends what things you want and how fast.

I already have all I want and money is still nice, so it is only the "I want it now" crowd that is crying conspiracy.

Revelation2106
  • Revelation2106

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:10 AM

You do realise that the cash cards system isn't pay to win, right?

You still have to reach a certain level to unlock weapons/tanks etc...

I despise people that cry "it's p2w because micro-transactions!"

What you've said about people just scraping by is moronic. Obviously they're only making a small amount every 10 hours, it'd be stupid if everyone had millions of dollars within the first couple of weeks. Rockstar actually want you to play the game for a while...

Pig__Destroyer
  • Pig__Destroyer

DRIFT THIS *****

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:37 AM

For me and every adult out there- Time is Money!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users