Photo

First Game of the Year award goes to... GTA V

100 replies to this topic
woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

I don't agree with V getting that award, but whatever. TLOU and TellTales The Walking Dead should win every time against GTA V. I guess R* treated them right with gifts and such.

yes because R* giving gifts to a website will make GTA V win in a public voting  :facedesk:

you are just making stupid assumptions and blindly hating on this game, for a reason I have yet to discover (are you PC gamer? I'm not making assumptions just asking tbh)
In a public voting you don't even need to have a good game. All you need is sheep's like you who believe the game deserves GOTY while the true gamers know this game is a disgrace to the GTA name alone. 

All you do is bitch, the only problem I have with the game is lack of interiors, and that's pretty much it... which I'm hopping with updates they'll open interiors not sure though...

"while the true gamers"... I believe EVERYONE has the right to their opinion, not everyone has the same opinion as yours so get off your f*cking high horse.
I never said everyone has my opinion. Only fanboys think I said that. I say true gamers ones that play different games and don't suck Rockstar's dick like most on the forum know what a true game is. GTA IV was a true Rockstar game. RDR was a true Rockstar game. Max Payne 3 was a causal cash failed attempt and GTA V is a causal cash success. 

They release a half finish product and I find it even more funny people are willing to accept it. 
What on earth are you talking about?
Max Payne 3 and GTA V are both true Rockstar games, wether you like them or not.
Also, what's up with liking GTA IV all of a sudden?

How are they true Rockstar Games? 

Both of these games change the way how Rockstar makes game. The focus of Online is what these games have over the other ones. I still don't like GTA IV but I feel its a complete game and not a half ass one like GTA V. 

Companies are not required to make every game the same way. If they are made by Rockstar they are true Rockstar games whether you like them or not.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:53 PM Edited by redx165, 26 October 2013 - 05:54 PM.

I don't agree with V getting that award, but whatever. TLOU and TellTales The Walking Dead should win every time against GTA V. I guess R* treated them right with gifts and such.

yes because R* giving gifts to a website will make GTA V win in a public voting  :facedesk:

you are just making stupid assumptions and blindly hating on this game, for a reason I have yet to discover (are you PC gamer? I'm not making assumptions just asking tbh)
In a public voting you don't even need to have a good game. All you need is sheep's like you who believe the game deserves GOTY while the true gamers know this game is a disgrace to the GTA name alone. 

All you do is bitch, the only problem I have with the game is lack of interiors, and that's pretty much it... which I'm hopping with updates they'll open interiors not sure though...

"while the true gamers"... I believe EVERYONE has the right to their opinion, not everyone has the same opinion as yours so get off your f*cking high horse.
I never said everyone has my opinion. Only fanboys think I said that. I say true gamers ones that play different games and don't suck Rockstar's dick like most on the forum know what a true game is. GTA IV was a true Rockstar game. RDR was a true Rockstar game. Max Payne 3 was a causal cash failed attempt and GTA V is a causal cash success. 

They release a half finish product and I find it even more funny people are willing to accept it. 
Max Payne 3 and GTA V are both true Rockstar games, wether you like them or not.

Both of these games change the way how Rockstar makes game. The focus of Online is what these games have over the other ones. I still don't like GTA IV but I feel its a complete game and not a half ass one like GTA V. 

Companies are not required to make every game the same way. If they are made by Rockstar they are true Rockstar games whether you like them or not.

So if a company goes downhill its still a true game? Yea right its a milked product now and now a former self of the TRUE games. 

COD 4 was a true game for Activision but COD MW2 and up isn't a true game. Its a rush product aim to get causal gamers to spend ALL THEIR MONEY on. 

Just cause its made by the same company doesn't make it a true game. Its how they worked on it that makes it a true game. 

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

@AtomicPunk

Pre-V release, I used to think you were a pretty good member with constructive contributions. However, for these past few weeks, you've become extremely annoying with your constant repeated bashing of this game. 

If you hate V so much, what is the purpose of your presence on this forum? Do you just come here to tell us all how sh*t the game is to release those angry emotions? Sorry chief, but you have all the classic traits of a converted troll...

@Redx165

You don't have the right to label anybody a "fanboy", given your history of blatant, obnoxious, and shameless Sony arse-licking.

• nuer and xXGst0395Xx like this

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:14 PM

@AtomicPunk

Pre-V release, I used to think you were a pretty good member with constructive contributions. However, for these past few weeks, you've become extremely annoying with your constant repeated bashing of this game. 

If you hate V so much, what is the purpose of your presence on this forum? Do you just come here to tell us all how sh*t the game is to release those angry emotions? Sorry chief, but you have all the classic traits of a converted troll...

@Redx165

You don't have the right to label anybody a "fanboy", given your history of blatant, obnoxious, and shameless Sony arse-licking.

I'm sorry but you were the c*nt that started the thread explaining that you enjoy being a dick to others online, so to be honest I still think you're a c*nt.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

GOTY awards are nothing more than popularity contests, it says absolute nothing about the actual quality of the game. GTA V is the most sold game this year, of course it takes the cake.

I absolutely agree with this. GOTY awards along with the likes of the Grammies and Oscars are nothing but corporate assholes sucking each other's dicks. The most popular stuff gets the awards while the better, more underground stuff gets no recognition. I'm not gonna have some greedy corporate bigwig tell me what the best game, album, or movie of the year is, regardless if it's GTA V or not. The only GOTY award that matters to me is my own personal one.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

@AtomicPunk

@Redx165

I'm sorry but you were the c*nt that started the thread explaining that you enjoy being a dick to others online, so to be honest I still think you're a c*nt.

Could you possibly explain what that has to do with this thread? Or do you just like to nit pick at something completely irrelevant as a means to present anything even remotely rendering an argument?

Also, I love being called a c*nt.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

GOTY awards are nothing more than popularity contests, it says absolute nothing about the actual quality of the game. GTA V is the most sold game this year, of course it takes the cake.

I absolutely agree with this. GOTY awards along with the likes of the Grammies and Oscars are nothing but corporate assholes sucking each other's dicks. The most popular stuff gets the awards while the better, more underground stuff gets no recognition. I'm not gonna have some greedy corporate bigwig tell me what the best game, album, or movie of the year is, regardless if it's GTA V or not. The only GOTY award that matters to me is my own personal one.

Except it wasn't a "greedy corporate bigwig" who told you what the best game is, it was the voting Joe-Public.

This whole "it won because it's popular" argument doesn't cut it with me. Is there perhaps not a reason why it's popular? Just because a product sells well, doesn't mean everybody's going to enjoy it (as evidenced by the whiners on here). And as somebody else mentioned, CoD sells record amounts every year, yet it rarely wins anything significant. 

Yes, R* marketed the sh*t out of GTA V, but despite what it looks like on this depressing/troll-infested forum, 99% of the guys who purchased it love the game; which is evidently reflected with it winning its first publicly voted GOTY award.

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:41 PM Edited by RockstarFanboy, 26 October 2013 - 08:42 PM.

So if a company goes downhill its still a true game? Yea right its a milked product now and now a former self of the TRUE games. 

COD 4 was a true game for Activision but COD MW2 and up isn't a true game. Its a rush product aim to get causal gamers to spend ALL THEIR MONEY on. 

Just cause its made by the same company doesn't make it a true game. Its how they worked on it that makes it a true game. 

Are you even reading what you are writing? You say a game that took 5 years to make a half assed game and than compare it to cod mw2 which took 1.... and IV was a real rockstar game and V isn't? Wake up kid... people like GTA V, IMO it's the best GTA out yet and it will win tons of GOTY awards

I'm starting to think you never played the game because honestly you are starting to make no sense... V a half assed game... a half assed game that kept me hours after hours glued to screen like no other game did in the past years...give me a break kid

VolkXue
  • VolkXue

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:48 PM

Are you even reading what you are writing? You say a game that took 5 years to make a half assed game and than compare it to cod mw2 which took 1.... and IV was a real rockstar game and V isn't? Wake up kid... people like GTA V, IMO it's the best GTA out yet and it will win tons of GOTY awards

I'm starting to think you never played the game because honestly you are starting to make no sense... V a half assed game... a half assed game that kept me hours after hours glued to screen like no other game did in the past years...give me a break kid

V sadly was actually a shorter game then SA or 4.  Though I am still not 100% sure we haven't had quite a bit cut out of V for later content.

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

V sadly was actually a shorter game then SA or 4.  Though I am still not 100% sure we haven't had quite a bit cut out of V for later content.

in terms of story it was the shortest one, but it has a lot more content and explorable zones than IV IMO and probably SA too (I have double the hours in V that I had in IV)

dp415263
  • dp415263

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

GTA V won? lol that's hilarious this sh*tty ass game. The biggest heist of GTA V was the game itself, Rockstar stealing your money will a half-ass game with a boring horrible story.

• Stockton209What likes this

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:15 PM Edited by redx165, 26 October 2013 - 09:25 PM.

There is no proof V took 5 years to make. Show me some proof. Don't say 2008-2013 cause that isn't proof. Also Call of Duty games take 2 years to make. All DLC is cut from the original game ( Sarcasm ). Also don't call me a kid if your user name is Rockstar Fanboy and all you do on here is WASTE your time trying to defend this game. No adult would do that. You are just mad little kid that can't take others opinion and facts about GTA V. I don't even think you played the game seeing how you're always on here. If it truly is your favorite then why are you NEVER playing it anymore? 

VolkXue
  • VolkXue

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

in terms of story it was the shortest one, but it has a lot more content and explorable zones than IV IMO and probably SA too (I have double the hours in V that I had in IV)

I prob have more hours in V but that only going on the basic IV, and yeah the sandbox better I think part of where people got thrown off is they expected something more massive in story being an end of system game.  Just from the feeling of it I still think we might be getting DLC that will tie more of it all together.
For online, eh... Started out having fun but got kinda old fast for me.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:27 PM

@Redx165

What do you think of 'CoD: Ghosts' moving fish and realistic dog? That's some ground-breaking sh*t right there. Maybe in 'CoD: Die Already' we can have realistic deer, who eat out of your realistic hands while feeding them realistic lettuce? Do you think next gen could handle such innovation? I sure hope so.

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

@Redx165

What do you think of 'CoD: Ghosts' moving fish and realistic dog? That's some ground-breaking sh*t right there. Maybe in 'CoD: Die Already' we can have realistic deer, who eat out of your realistic hands while feeding them realistic lettuce? Do you think next gen could handle such innovation? I sure hope so.

The only thing COD does better then GTA V is its online. GTA Online is a joke. Servers down for 3 days and people losing Ranks and money. Never really hear that problem with COD. Mostly its hard to connect to a lobby but can still play private. Also forgot to say GTA O made people's consoles freeze. 

Seeing that Next gen can't even handle some game in 1080p. BF4, Ryse, COD G ( Xbone ), Dead Rising 3. I really don't think next gen will help. 

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:32 PM Edited by RockstarFanboy, 26 October 2013 - 09:36 PM.

There is no proof V took 5 years to make. Show me some proof. Don't say 2008-2013 cause that isn't proof. Also Call of Duty games take 2 years to make. All DLC is cut from the original game ( Sarcasm ). Also don't call me a kid if your user name is Rockstar Fanboy and all you do on here is WASTE your time trying to defend this game. No adult would do that. You are just mad little kid that can't take others opinion and facts about GTA V. I don't even think you played the game seeing how you're always on here. If it truly is your favorite then why are you NEVER playing it anymore? 

actually I play it everday... and I'm a kid because I can't take others opinions? You are the only one that starts bashing V whenever you see someone say something positive about the game so to be honest you are the only little kid I see around in here  ;)

grow up boy don't you have nothing better to do in life than criticize a game 24/7?

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:36 PM Edited by redx165, 26 October 2013 - 09:37 PM.

actually I play it everday and the only kid I see around is you considering you always whining that V is this and V is that ;) grow up boy don't you have nothing better to do in life than criticize a game 24/7?

Don't you have nothing better then defending a company that doesn't give a sh*t about you? You make 2 accounts with pictures of 2 girls on them just cause you're a little kid that thinks its funny. Join 2 weeks ago just cause you're a fanboy and saw all the hate going for this game. If it truly bothers you don't respond. Get out and leave. I have every right to express how I feel about this game. If you don't like it then that's too bad. YOU CAN'T DO sh*t about it. 

• Witchking Of Angmar likes this

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:44 PM Edited by RockstarFanboy, 26 October 2013 - 09:46 PM.

actually I play it everday and the only kid I see around is you considering you always whining that V is this and V is that ;) grow up boy don't you have nothing better to do in life than criticize a game 24/7?

Don't you have nothing better then defending a company that doesn't give a sh*t about you? You make 2 accounts with pictures of 2 girls on them just cause you're a little kid that thinks its funny. Join 2 weeks ago just cause you're a fanboy and saw all the hate going for this game. If it truly bothers you don't respond. Get out and leave. I have every right to express how I feel about this game. If you don't like it then that's too bad. YOU CAN'T DO sh*t about it. 

You are an idiot for assuming Starvisitor is my second account (which suprisingly it's not) and I'm not defending rockstar... I'm defending the game GTA:V because it's a game that deserves respect but little sh*ts like you will always be dissapointed with something and whenever you see someone talking positively about the game you get immedeatly raged out and need to bash the game no matter what

And all the hate? hahaha this is the only website with hate about the game because seriously out of here people love the game, you are just to blind to see that ;) go play your sh*tty TLOU and leave this forum for people who actually have a brain and now how to apreciate a game instead of being a spoiled little brat

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:49 PM Edited by redx165, 26 October 2013 - 09:50 PM.

You are an idiot for assuming Starvisitor is my second account (which suprisingly it's not) and I'm not defending a company... I'm defending V because it's a game that deserves respect but little sh*ts like you will always be dissapointed with something and whenever you see someone talking positively about the game get's immedeatly raged out and needs to bash the game no matter what

And all the hate? hahaha this is the only website with hate about the game because seriously out of here people love the game, you are just to blind to see that ;) go play your sh*tty TLOU and leave this forum for people who actually have a brain and now how to apreciate a game instead of being a spoiled little brat

Then who is Starvisitor? Your friend? You guys do the same thing and have two female avatars. You got to be stupid if you can't put two and two together and see they're the same person. I never see Starvisitor anymore. All your doing is wasting your limited time trying to defend a half ass product that was focus on the sh*tty online for nothing. 

Then you tell me to play a sh*tty game. We are not changing the subject. You know the funny thing is. Playing online and been online for years you know how people respond are going to be and how you can easily make them out in age. 

Most kids will call others kids if they get mad online. I found out playing COD, RDR, BF3. 

Most adults will just call someone out and call them a ass. 

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

Uhm, it was public voting, TLOU was overrated, and The Walking Dead sucks penis.

There, I said it. 

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

@Redx165

The only thing COD does better then GTA V is its online. GTA Online is a joke. Servers down for 3 days and people losing Ranks and money. Never really hear that problem with COD. Mostly its hard to connect to a lobby but can still play private. Also forgot to say GTA O made people's consoles freeze. 

Seeing that Next gen can't even handle some game in 1080p. BF4, Ryse, COD G ( Xbone ), Dead Rising 3. I really don't think next gen will help. 

So how long before you whiners stop using the online aspect as your little straw arguments to hate on V?...

But I'll humour you anyway...

GTA MP: exploring a huge, detailed, beautiful, immersive world with your friends, and setting up crazy stunts and other imaginative stuff; or purchasing properties/cars and customising them; or having car/bike/boat/plane races; or having simple deathmatches

CoD MP: running around a restricted, linear enviroment, endlessly shooting at each other, while enduring squeaky voiced children screaming into microphones

So...yeah...

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

@Redx165

So how long before you whiners stop using the online aspect as your little straw arguments to hate on V?...

GTA MP: exploring a huge, detailed, beautiful, immersive world with your friends, and setting up crazy stunts and other imaginative stuff; or purchasing properties/cars and customising them; or having car/bike/boat/plane races; or having simple deathmatches

CoD MP: running around a restricted, linear enviroment, endlessly shooting at each other, while enduring squeaky voiced children screaming into microphones

So...yeah...

GTA MP: Full of trolls, with weak paying missions with NOTHING to do in the freemode once you hit about 50 rank. Cops are more annoying and ruin great battles. Auto Aim will aim at crew members and pussies hiding in apartments or passive mode cause after they kill you they're afraid to die. 

COD MP: Full of trolls with the same amount of assholes and kids that GTA have. Better connection, better guns and just like GTA you always fight someone different. But in COD you can kill any enemy while GTA if they go in passive mode and on a roof you can't kill them.

Each MP has their own advantage and disadvantage. 

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

@Redx: What a clueless bastard. Your saying BF4 isn't 1080p on next gen when it's already been running on the devkit on 1080p all this time? At least for the PS4. The only thing is the framerate which is staying at a LOCKED 30 fps.

Stop talking out of your dirty lying ass.

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:59 PM Edited by redx165, 26 October 2013 - 10:00 PM.

@Redx: What a clueless bastard. Your saying BF4 isn't 1080p on next gen when it's already been running on the devkit on 1080p all this time? At least for the PS4. The only thing is the framerate which is staying at a LOCKED 30 fps.

Look up your information. 

BF4 is 900p on PS4 and 720p for Xbox One both have 60FPS. 

I think you need to look up this information and stop being CLUELESS. 

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:05 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 26 October 2013 - 10:08 PM.

http://www.nowgamer....ive_on_ps4.html

Actually, battefield runs on 1080p native. As well as COD Ghosts. Read this article. 900p doesn't exist on ANY modern TV's. Oh and to correct my self, it's even 60 fps too. Hidden messages were found through Sony that tells you that the game is going to use native 1080p resolution and 60 fps. You're so called news is old and not true.

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:07 PM Edited by RockstarFanboy, 26 October 2013 - 10:08 PM.

You are an idiot for assuming Starvisitor is my second account (which suprisingly it's not) and I'm not defending a company... I'm defending V because it's a game that deserves respect but little sh*ts like you will always be dissapointed with something and whenever you see someone talking positively about the game get's immedeatly raged out and needs to bash the game no matter what

Then who is Starvisitor? Your friend? You guys do the same thing and have two female avatars. You got to be stupid if you can't put two and two together and see they're the same person. I never see Starvisitor anymore. All your doing is wasting your limited time trying to defend a half ass product that was focus on the sh*tty online for nothing. 

Then you tell me to play a sh*tty game. We are not changing the subject. You know the funny thing is. Playing online and been online for years you know how people respond are going to be and how you can easily make them out in age. 

Most kids will call others kids if they get mad online. I found out playing COD, RDR, BF3. 

Most adults will just call someone out and call them a ass. 

Exactly that's why you called me a "mad little kid" you just admited yourself that you got mad  :lol:

@Redx165

CoD MP: running around a restricted, linear enviroment, endlessly shooting at each other, while enduring squeaky voiced children screaming into microphones

So...yeah...

GTA MP: Full of trolls, with weak paying missions with NOTHING to do in the freemode once you hit about 50 rank. Cops are more annoying and ruin great battles. Auto Aim will aim at crew members and pussies hiding in apartments or passive mode cause after they kill you they're afraid to die. 

COD MP: Full of trolls with the same amount of assholes and kids that GTA have. Better connection, better guns and just like GTA you always fight someone different. But in COD you can kill any enemy while GTA if they go in passive mode and on a roof you can't kill them.

Each MP has their own advantage and disadvantage. 

Of course cod has better weapons and you can kill enemy's... it's a freaking first person shooter  :facedesk:  

everytime you post something, you make me facepalm more and more

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

@Redx

Way to completely ignore all of the aforementioned features that GTA Online has to offer, over the severly limited, boring/repetitive run-shoot-kill gameplay that 'Call-it-a-Day' has to offer...

ThinRedLine1981
  • ThinRedLine1981

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

In a couple of years the Game of the Year awards will be held in April or May...

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

http://www.nowgamer....ive_on_ps4.html

Actually, battefield runs on 1080p native. As well as COD Ghosts. Read this article. 900p doesn't exist on ANY modern TV's. Oh and to correct my self, it's even 60 fps too. Hidden messages were found through Sony that tells you that the game is going to use native 1080p resolution and 60 fps. You're so called news is old and not true.

How is this a legit source? A person made it without any knowledge in what he's talking about. Saying just cause it says 1080p on the box means its 1080p in game. 

@ Rockstar So I can't defend myself using the same words you do? So what gives you the right to call me a kid and I can't do it to you? You are getting so worked up with the word kid. Really helps prove that your a kid cause you try so hard to tell others they're a kid. 

@ Niko What other activities? I'm already a rank 86 and done most. Deathmatches are the worst ones Rockstar made. You shouldn't be allowed to keep you regular weapons and now its SO slow pace. Parachutes are fun for sometimes yet gets boring fast. Not many activities to go. 

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:40 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 26 October 2013 - 10:46 PM.

^

Seems like you can't accept that you got schooled. Go f*ck yourself. It's a confirmed source because he is only one of the guys who found out. A hidden message was found through PSN, I'm not sure if it's the one for PS4 or 3. But they found out it and it clearly says that the TV has to support native 1080p in order to run it on it's true resolution and rendering. It also makes sense considering that this could be a new small feature on PSN. It makes sense. I don't understand what you're talking about the box thing. Are you just adding bullsh*t to what I said, just so you can confuse me and manipulate your point? If so, you are the saddest loser on the internet.

You have severe OCD. Go to the doctors.

Edit: I read it properly and it says that they found out on the PSN store in the pre-order section, now it makes even more sense. So again, go f*ck yourself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users