Photo

First Game of the Year award goes to... GTA V

100 replies to this topic
RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

Not really a suprise to be honest but just wanted to let you know... today was the golden joystick awards and well they gave the GOTY award to GTA V

TLOU did pretty good too winning the best storytelling award which to be honest I completely agree...

here's the link

http://www.vg247.com...s-three-awards/

• lol232 likes this

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

There better be a GOTY edition with all of the SE and CE content, I'd buy it in a heartbeat even though I just payed 60 bucks for the game earlier this month, it's worth it. I don't care how much money it is, would be a great Christmas present.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

People are really going to be pissed on here. 

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

haters are gonna hate.

now I'm perfectly happy! :cool:

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

I don't agree with V getting that award, but whatever. TLOU and TellTales The Walking Dead should win every time against GTA V. I guess R* treated them right with gifts and such.

• Mega likes this

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

TLoU does not deserve game of the year. It is an amaxing story but GAMEplay is horrible. You need to have gameplay tor it to be game of the year and I'm sorry Naughty Dog but it's just not there.

I will say right now that TLoU's story spanks the hell out of GTA V's though. Easy.

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

GTA #1 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

Haha! Haters can't argue with facts. Here is another fact for my list. This game is one of the best games of all time, anyone who says otherwise is a troll. Hehe.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

I'm very happy :)

It deserves it.

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

I Run This Town

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

Well deserved, GTAV is one of the best games of all time, hands down. It's the first game actually where i achieved 100%...

TLOU should get plenty GOTY's aswell, but GTAV will win the majority of them i think.

• Jacob-B likes this

VolkXue
  • VolkXue

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

I'd say a goty fits for V, though it does seem really early for awards lol  For all the best game of all time talk , o,O

VileClown
  • VileClown

Terrible In Terra-Belle

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

I don't agree with V getting that award, but whatever. TLOU and TellTales The Walking Dead should win every time against GTA V. I guess R* treated them right with gifts and such.

While The Walking Dead and The Last of us (Horrid and predictable story in my opinion) were more focused on the story, GTA 5 worked on the gameplay, because you know, video games are supposed to be GAMES and have actual gameplay other than choke, quicktime events, and clicking on objects.

• IveGotNoValues and cen0bite like this

sneety
  • sneety

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:01 PM Edited by sneety, 25 October 2013 - 08:02 PM.

TLoU does not deserve game of the year. It is an amaxing story but GAMEplay is horrible. You need to have gameplay tor it to be game of the year and I'm sorry Naughty Dog but it's just not there.

I will say right now that TLoU's story spanks the hell out of GTA V's though. Easy.

YES. V's story didn't capture me at all the way TLoU did and I have to agree with the you about the gameplay. Really lacking. Was really expecting The Walking Dead to take it, to be honest.

nuer
  • nuer

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

You just failed twice today. It was public voting, not Joystick themselves.

Kris194
  • Kris194

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:10 PM

I'm not surprised. Rockstar definitely deserved for this.

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

yes because R* giving gifts to a website will make GTA V win in a public voting  :facedesk:

you are just making stupid assumptions and blindly hating on this game, for a reason I have yet to discover (are you PC gamer? I'm not making assumptions just asking tbh)

LateNightNeons
  • LateNightNeons

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

Well if you consider that fact that GTA V has better gameplay, better combat, better visuals (although TLOU is at times simply stunning), better sound design, better animations, on par voice acting, better online mode, X10 longevity and on top of that it's a freaking open world game and the only thing that can't compete in is story and characters, which is the main focus of TLOU btw, is not really that surprising. 

• TehTacoGuy likes this

Vatus
  • Vatus

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

The gameplay wasn't horrible imo. The crafting system was pretty neat, the shooting and the melee combat were ally solid. The AI could be spotty at times, but the combat AI was very nice. it's not as fun as GTA V.

Both games deserve GOTYs. GTA V have gameplay, solid story, lasting appeal and a bunch of little things that makes it very fun. It's one of R* best along with Red Dead Redemption and San Andreas. TLOU have great story, solid gameplay, which equals to a one of the best experience you'll have in a video game.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

I'm alright with GTA V winning a few GOTY awards, despite not being flawless. However, more awards should probably go to more original titles (e.g The Last of Us).

Vatus
  • Vatus

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:26 PM

I'm alright with GTA V winning a few GOTY awards, despite not being flawless. However, more awards should probably go to more original titles (e.g The Last of Us).

The Last of Us isn't flawless either tho. The AI, hit detection, and the sound can sometimes be spotty.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

The Last of Us isn't flawless either tho. The AI, hit detection, and the sound can sometimes be spotty.

No game is flawless to be perfectly honest.

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:32 PM Edited by Proletariat, 25 October 2013 - 10:35 PM.

Despite GTA V's shortcomings (I have finally come around to the fact that the driving is somewhat downgraded from GTA IV, the physics are fine, but the deformation levels are kinda weird), the story is solid (the satire, allergory, humor, suspense, drama, comedy, voice acting), the other extras (large map, customization levels for vehicles, etc) are beyond amazing. I don't care about interiors are a few trees being taken away unlike some PC guys and I am not one to harp on the graphics. I have always maintained GTA graphics are far superior to that of most games, albeit not the best. All in all, GTA V is truly worthy of the Game of the Year awards. TLOU ,despite the amazing storytelling, can go suck its own dick. This is the year we GTA forumers have been waiting for. We broke 7 new records and completely trashed CoD and Activision. I don't want it to be taken away by some zombie/post-infection apocalyptic world video game.

• nuer and JRC99 like this

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:43 PM

Well deserved, No surprise here. Oh look, here come the V haters to complain more.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

I DONT f*ckING UNDERSTAND WHY THERE ARE SO MANY f*ckING GTA V HATERS ON A MOTHERf*ckING GTA FORUM. I GO ANYWERE ELSE AND PEOPLE ARE ABSOLUTLY LOVING IT BUT HERE PEOPLE JUST f*ckING COMPLAIN GTFO IF YOUR A f*ckING HATER. GTA 5 FULLY DESERVED GAME OF THE YEAR!!!

HATERS CAN GO f*ck THEMSELVES WITH A MACHETE. ACTUALLY EVEN WORSE, GO PLAY COD OR SAINTS ROW!

nuer
  • nuer

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

oh man

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

I DONT f*ckING UNDERSTAND WHY THERE ARE SO MANY f*ckING GTA V HATERS ON A MOTHERf*ckING GTA FORUM. I GO ANYWERE ELSE AND PEOPLE ARE ABSOLUTLY LOVING IT BUT HERE PEOPLE JUST f*ckING COMPLAIN GTFO IF YOUR A f*ckING HATER. GTA 5 FULLY DESERVED GAME OF THE YEAR!!!

HATERS CAN GO f*ck THEMSELVES WITH A MACHETE. ACTUALLY EVEN WORSE, GO PLAY COD OR SAINTS ROW!

I know. If I went on any other forum and started trashing the thing that forum is dedicated to I would get three times the backlash haters get on this forum. People should expect there to be GTA fanboys on a GTA forum.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:56 PM

I know. If I went on any other forum and started trashing the thing that forum is dedicated to I would get three times the backlash haters get on this forum. People should expect there to be GTA fanboys on a GTA forum.

You dont need to be a gta fanboy to appreciate this game. But people here complain about every tiny little thing, they expect a perfect game with no issues at all. There is no such thing as perfecf

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

I also want to say not only is V worth it, but Beyond Two Souls and TLOU are epic too.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Glitcher In 12 Step Program

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:59 PM

not surprised... GTA V is not perfect but its on a league of it own.

champagne poppin @ R* Headquarters

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

I also want to say not only is V worth it, but Beyond Two Souls and TLOU are epic too.

I haven't played BTS but TLOU is a great game. If GTA V didn't come out it would have been hands down the GOTY for me.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:12 PM Edited by LotusRIP, 25 October 2013 - 11:13 PM.

These days "Game of the Year" just means: the only game that wasn't absolute sh*t.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users