Jets Chase You To The Ends Of The Earth

16 replies to this topic
Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

This is news to me. Anyone else? I stole a jet from the military base and took it over Los Santos where I kept getting shot at by a military jet (and yeah, I checked, it was an NPC). To my surprise, after it shot me down, it continued to circle Los Santos and shot down any player with a wanted level.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

Haven't seen that yet! Sounds kind of interesting though to see a NPC jet attacking randoms in Los Santos with a 1 star level?

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

Haven't seen that yet! Sounds kind of interesting though to see a NPC jet attacking randoms in Los Santos with a 1 star level?

Very. It was pretty cool, actually. Had a guy in a Buzzard firing rockets at me on the street after respawning and the Jet came in and annihilated him, then returned to patrolling the skies.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

That's actually pretty bad ass.

Sami Nitro
  • Sami Nitro

Boost!

• Members
  • Scotland

Wow, I haven't seen that.  In my experience the opposite has been true.  Especially online, I'll often escape the base without even being missile locked, and haven't had any jets tail me out of there before.

I stay very low on my way out.  No idea if that really helps, but I feel it should!

inphared
  • inphared

Square Civilian

• Members

Weird. I've been chased once or twice by jets out of FZ and that's in like 100+ attempts to steal a jet. Usually I just fly out to sea and never get followed.

Born_Homicidal
  • Born_Homicidal

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

Very. It was pretty cool, actually. Had a guy in a Buzzard firing rockets at me on the street after respawning and the Jet came in and annihilated him, then returned to patrolling the skies.

lmao that is probably the best story ive read about online

that would be sick if you can actually do that constantly, imagine 3 jets patrolling the skies damn..

anyways the key to losing jets is to fly low (under the solid line in your radar) that way they wont see you in their radar nor chase you/shoot you down

Hypertion
  • Hypertion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:59 PM

i steal the jets all the time.. i have seen so many of those NPC gets its shocking..

they are TERRIBLE pilots usually.... i observe them flying into mountains constantly.. the AI turns and manuvers very slow and smoothly in them... often causing the AI's doom.

they are very accurate with their guns tho. both missiles and the cannons.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:01 PM Edited by Vlynor, 25 October 2013 - 06:02 PM.

that would be sick if you can actually do that constantly, imagine 3 jets patrolling the skies damn..

anyways the key to losing jets is to fly low (under the solid line in your radar) that way they wont see you in their radar nor chase you/shoot you down

I escaped the base unscathed but when I got over Los Santos I heard the, "Beep. Beep. Beeeeeep." sound of the missile lock, and I thought another player was f*cking with me. So I did the basic evasive maneuvers and looked through the rear camera trying to see who was shooting, and to my surprise it was an NPC pilot from the fort. I flew in a continuous loop and so did the pilot, it was impossible to lock onto them.

Ethereal_NYC
  • Ethereal_NYC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

weird. sounds like a fun glitch.

paragouldgamer
  • paragouldgamer

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

Don't worry, R* will patch this soon, could lead to too much fun. Too much money, they nerf replayability and pay outs, a car too fast, they add catch up, a girl too pretty, they turn female chars into trannies, no matter what they say we've done, they make sure we don't have too much fun.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

Don't worry, R* will patch this soon, could lead to too much fun. Too much money, they nerf replayability and pay outs, a car too fast, they add catch up, a girl too pretty, they turn female chars into trannies, no matter what they say we've done, they make sure we don't have too much fun.

Tell us more about your offtopic anti rockstar rant that has nothing to do with this thread.

OP, I just took off in a jet and got wanted stars but not even any jets persuing me much less hanging around. Definitely sounds like a glitch.

interesting
  • interesting

Pilot

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

I escaped the base unscathed but when I got over Los Santos I heard the, "Beep. Beep. Beeeeeep." sound of the missile lock, and I thought another player was f*cking with me. So I did the basic evasive maneuvers and looked through the rear camera trying to see who was shooting, and to my surprise it was an NPC pilot from the fort. I flew in a continuous loop and so did the pilot, it was impossible to lock onto them.

I'll hit the brakes, he'll fly right by.

-Maverick 1986

GRINCH ASS BITCH
  • GRINCH ASS BITCH

Bustre

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

Used to happen to me pretty often, that's why my number-one priority is shooting it down as soon as I take off. The plane can also fire its cannon backwards, which is annoying as f*ck if you get too close.

Mustard Tigers Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:50 PM Edited by 1158, 25 October 2013 - 06:51 PM.

I'll hit the brakes, he'll fly right by.

-Maverick 1986

What are you doing? You're slowing down, you're slowing down!

I'm bringing him in closer, Merlin.

You're gonna do what?

• Sens420 likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

You guys are both foolish and dangerous, which makes you dangerous.

shackled_rosati
  • shackled_rosati

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

That's fantastic! Me and my friends steal jets all the time and I've never had that happen. I may have to try and see if I can recreate it sometime. I think that would be fun to be the cause of people with wanted levels to get ganked!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users