Photo

movies GTA was inspired by

64 replies to this topic
Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:52 AM Edited by Deji, 17 April 2014 - 09:55 AM.

Ok I am a massive BB fan, but everyone using any excuse to link V to Breaking Bad needs to screw their head on straight. I saw no references to the show at all throughout the game, and I'm fine with that.

Yet you go on to use this topic as an excuse to link V to Reservoir Dogs. In my eyes, the two have nothing to do with each other. Reservoir Dogs isn't based on a heist at all, but the events that transpired after and what got them to where they were. But in a blind mans eye's, V is the living embodyment of Breaking Bad as a game. Let people believe what they want to believe, or don't expect to be allowed to do the same thing (unless you have hard evidence the writers of V were directly 'inspired' by Reservoir Dogs, in which case the producers of that film may have a lawsuit on their hands). They could have been just 1% inspired by Breaking Bad (I've never seen the show - me ma wanted me to watch it, but I just can't get into those CBS-y Drama-every-week shows) and he would still have as much right as you to claim the inspiration of a game whose writers none of us have met or spoken to.

This topic may be proof that people from this forum practise double standards, or are just really bad at seeing the blatant lack of logic behind their standards. Or the uptight moderation of this forum is causing everyone to police themselves...

burnstern
  • burnstern

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:59 AM

British movie Sexy Beast looks like it played a part in inspiring Michael's side of the story.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:14 AM

I remember GTA: London 1969 (loved that game for PS1) had some weird "James Bond" missions. I think you got confused for the british agent or something. With the Union Jack Banshees (which were probably not called Banshees back then, but I can't remember what they were called) and the dying groovy 60's themes, it felt quite 007-esque and reminded me of Austin Powers. Someone was going to poison Londons tea supply...

That videos unfortunately nothing like I remember it. I didn't play it on PC, so it seems weird the idea of GTA London being an expansion pack. I hear some "JB-" Aston Martin looking car exists in GTA V now.. god damn game and it's incessant nostalgia triggers.

Phoenix_Shit
  • Phoenix_Shit

Hey

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:06 PM

We all know Grand Theft Auto V was heaviley inspired by the Movie Heat. Franklin - Chris, Michael - Neil Mccauley , And Trevor - Waingro.

ChrisMathers3501
  • ChrisMathers3501

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:34 PM

Apparently I'm not the only person who sees a connection between Breaking Bad and GTAV.

http://patrickbrown....oment-440260702

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users