Now that dust has settled: IV or V? And Why?
Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:50 PM
Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:59 PM Edited by Mega_Byte, 27 October 2013 - 04:59 PM.
GTA V IS BETTER THAN GTA IV.
and it's not even close.
GTAV improved on all of the quality metrics of a modern video game, enhanced most of the core elements of GTA games, and added a number of ambitious/innovative things to the fold. Here is just a very quick breakdown on how GTAV is better than GTAIV.
- PLAYER MOVEMENTS: Faster | More Fluid | Swimming | Underwater Swimming | Sneak | Car Slide | etc
- LAND VEHICLES: Quantity | Variety |
- AIR VEHICLES: Planes | More Diverse
- ECONOMY: Housing | Businesses | Cars | Bikes | Planes | Minor Purchases
- DRIVING: Fewer Flaws
- MAP: Size | Variety | Underwater Access
- WEAPONS: Quantity | Quality | Sound | Variety | Customization | Maintenance
- GRAPHICS: Snow | Better Rain | Terrain | Varied Beaches | Water Looks Better | Night Looks Terrific
- MISSIONS: Quantity | Quality | Variety
- SIDE MISSIONS: Quantity | Quality | Variety
- RANDOM EVENTS: Quantity | Quality | Variety
- CHARACTERS: Quantity | Quality | Variety | Non GTA-Cliche | Innovative
I've probably forgotten to list about a dozen other things that make GTAV much better than GTA IV. Rockstar improved on a ton of things, and V is just flat out better than IV. If you happen to be reading this prior to buying one or both, buy V now. .
Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:13 PM
Grand Theft Auto V - Couple of reasons:
1. Environment. The appearance of the game and draw distance is amazing.
2. It's fun to play. It's pretty similar to Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and San Andreas. Less like Grand Theft Auto III or IV.
3. So much to do. Vehicle to customize, planes to fly, mini games, diving and so on.
That was a FEW!
Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:03 AM
GTA IV freeroam, no cops, noon, sunny, friendly fire off, airport, rocket launchers only: best game mode ever.
change the rocket launchers to all powerful weapons and i'm in total agreement.
i have a few friends that bought V just for online. needless to say they never play it. they are the type that buy games for online mode only and never play story mode (which is sad) regardless they all went back to playing IV because of how much V's online changed.
they need to add a classic "kill em all" freemode with no goals other than staying alive. the new so called "freemode" has been pussified with microtransactions, badsport penalties, and missions you have to do in order to unlock sh*t.
Had to quote the whole thing as you got a few good points. As I probably said in my post (can't be assed reading it again), I also have friends that bought V just for online. One of my friend tried countless times to connect and a week and a half later, he could enjoy his game with his friends. Just buy yourself a game your friends all play and don't open it for a week and a half. Same thing.
I also wonder if all those that (like me) enjoy GTA IV more is mostly because of the free-for-all freemode. No money. No issues dying except losing your car or weapons which you can EASILY get back. GTA IV freemode is perfect with the exception of hackers. That's the only problem. Griefers? Please, just hunt them down. I had a blast doing that and I even griefed people myself because, hey, it's GTA. Don't worry, I am super friendly and cautious in GTA V but if there would be a no-money freemode that you could select that would freeze your money, I would be spending my days in that.
It would be so easy to make. All R* need to do is remove the money portions of freemode lobbies. Seeing we have no money, I wouldn't be annoyed at all if you couldn't buy anything. Maybe pick up guns from dead people or guns now appear on the map like GTA IV did. Seriously, I'm sure all those GTA IV fans would like GTA V more if only for that option.
I also wonder how many in here don't play online...or anyone in the world! They probably don't have an internet connection to read this, anyway.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users