Photo

We Need Rep Points on Here

8 replies to this topic
FinalStandLabs
  • FinalStandLabs

TGN Partnered YouTuber

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

Its gives people a reason to keep on posting. You need forum mods, admins, and so on. 

Shou
  • Shou

y

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

The likes feature is good enough, it's was abused to death anyway. When someone likes your posts you can simply see the total in your profile. 

FinalStandLabs
  • FinalStandLabs

TGN Partnered YouTuber

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:31 PM

The likes feature is good enough, it's was abused to death anyway. When someone likes your posts you can simply see the total in your profile. 

Thats true, I would at least like possible rankings? Maybe?

Shou
  • Shou

y

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

The longer you're here you'll realize why this idea wont work. This board has over 500,000 members. How we'll decide who is in what position in the ranking is beyond me really. If you're thinking post count then people will just spam to get to a higher ranking, if you're referring to the quality of the post one makes, the like feature is already there. 

Still think it's a good idea?

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:10 PM

negged

• Matty likes this

FinalStandLabs
  • FinalStandLabs

TGN Partnered YouTuber

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

The longer you're here you'll realize why this idea wont work. This board has over 500,000 members. How we'll decide who is in what position in the ranking is beyond me really. If you're thinking post count then people will just spam to get to a higher ranking, if you're referring to the quality of the post one makes, the like feature is already there. 

Still think it's a good idea?

Thats true I didn't realize it was a forum of that size!

S99
  • S99

'StueyCow'

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

Its gives people a reason to keep on posting. You need forum mods, admins, and so on. 

1. We did have rep for a while when we switched to this forum version and we had it before i joined, It was abused. There is still the 'like' feature

2. We have admins and mods and forum 'led-bys' So..

No in all honesty 

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

I think the ''like'' button is good enough. These sorts of systems tend to get abused. The worst system is those who have negative ranking meaning that people will write you down not for making a bad post, but having a different opinion than yours.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

we had rep points, they were taken down days after implementation, would be stupid to reverse their policy on rep points again.

This forum has got a lot of regular users, and has been here for 12 years, and got by without reputation points, the regular members seem to post without this motivation. To be honest the kind of weak-willed people who are motivated by this, and demotivated by the lack of this, you don't want to see regular posts from most of them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users