Photo

Why isnt the Prison used?

23 replies to this topic
Sinnerous
  • Sinnerous

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only time I've seen it used was in the Lester Mission: Bust Out. Other than that, I just hear the C.O.'s yelling. Honestly I feel like its a waste of space and should've been put towards something more useful. Like keeping the actual Bad Sports locked up in the Prison in bright oranges and a dunce cap. And even get visitation lol.

Anyway, why is the Prison so useless?

KatieTheCookie
  • KatieTheCookie

The Cookie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

Maybe there will be DLC, or its just there for looks? :D

Drake1212
  • Drake1212

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

Well, Rockstar wanted to create a living and breathing world. Such a world would naturally also contain a prison, even through it's only aesthetic.
If Rockstar had not added a prison to the game, then certain fans would create dumb threads as to why there is no prison in the game, and demand that Rockstar added one.

• IveGotNoValues likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

Because Brad is dead so there's no need to break him out. 

Wait. What?

fish61324
  • fish61324

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

I always beat "Bust Out" before the bus even gets to the prison. So to some one like me.... I have never used the prison for anything, kind of stupid of R*

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

I always beat "Bust Out" before the bus even gets to the prison. So to some one like me.... I have never used the prison for anything, kind of stupid of R*

We do not have any idea what DLC is coming in the future, the prison may play a bigger role in the future, we just have to wait and see 

Synethste
  • Synethste

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

Well, Rockstar wanted to create a living and breathing world. Such a world would naturally also contain a prison, even through it's only aesthetic.
If Rockstar had not added a prison to the game, then certain fans would create dumb threads as to why there is no prison in the game, and demand that Rockstar added one.

This

Haydn
  • Haydn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:01 PM

Criminal Records? There's also a stunt jump in to the prison.

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

just like how people are dissapointed w/ Ft. Zancudo, yet if they had no base we'd have 5 topics a day around that.

BabyDontHurtMe
  • BabyDontHurtMe

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

Can´t you just make a deathmatch in the prison, with the map/match creator tool? 

PS: When will the map/match creator be available?

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

Would you rather no prison at all? its their for the believability and immersion, that's it. They might as well remove the whole of Blaine county seeing as most of the story took place in los Santos only.

Just because a location didn't feature in the story doesn't mean its pointless.

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

Before release I thought R* would actually use it in-game. Like when you get busted in Red Dead you can actually spend time in jail. They could have also built on that and made spending time in jail a side mission. Gaining respect or being someones bitch, and that would have played into single player (conversations or fights with Amanda).

At least with the Military Base there are vehicle spawns so it's not totally useless. I think R* tried to do too much this time around. I would have been happy with a complete (EPIC) singleplayer or a functional well-thought out and balanced MMO.

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

We would be getting a topic called "where's the prison?!?" If there wasn't one in the game.

There is no pleasing some of you. Like children getting a stack of toys at Christmas and complaining there's not enough.

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT
  • I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT

I Rips that hole

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

Maybe there will be DLC, or its just there for looks? :D

yup. dlc is my guess. 

ShopToCustomer
  • ShopToCustomer

Ven rápido

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

no dlc. the prison is purely there for decoration, kinda like all the other buildings

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

If they wanted to create a living breathing world, great build a prison but ffs, if you get busted rather than wasted, you should end up there for a few days. Hell, they gave us 3 playable characters... if one was banged up it would be a clever way to slow the story down since any mission which requires all 3 or the one who is in jail wouldn't be able to be played.

They could have added a bust out mission which was optional. This could be if you had been given a long sentence so the remaining playable characters could get you out or... you could break out like in shawshank redemption since just outside the prison theres some sort of drainage system leading from the prison ( best viewed from a helicopter)

I still say from everything I have seen, they started out well with V but decided to rush it half way through in order to get it out for when they did. Yes it was delayed but, I bet if they continued to put everything they wanted to put into the game, we wouldn't have seen it until next gen consoles.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

It really is a missed opportunity. One of the many in V. Just like the race track, the military base, etc., etc.. As short as the main story was, it wouldn't have hurt R* to add some stories to all that stuff. I guess Dan is such a legend in his own mind that he thinks it's cool to leave out such things.

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT
  • I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT

I Rips that hole

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

no dlc. the prison is purely there for decoration, kinda like all the other buildings

nope. it will be used

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

I do wish they would make a useful prison,in the GTA series, but spending time in it should be optional and you should have the option to skip it entirely, not be forced to sit in there.

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

We would be getting a topic called "where's the prison?!?" If there wasn't one in the game.

There is no pleasing some of you. Like children getting a stack of toys at Christmas and complaining there's not enough.

Honestly I wouldn't care if there wasn't anything there. Just some more resources to go elsewhere. Since I haven't used the prison once except to avoid flying over it to avoid a wanted level I would have rather it be out.

It's people like you so readily defend a half-hearted game. Most of people are asking questions and some of us are pointing out the missed opportunity. If you are too stupid to see that maybe you should sit there and pay attention to what's going on around you. Better yet put down your phone and pay attention in class...you need a little more education before you can join us at the big table...

Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Big Homie

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

The answer is right in front of us.

The jetpack is in the prison.

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

Honestly I wouldn't care if there wasn't anything there. Just some more resources to go elsewhere. Since I haven't used the prison once except to avoid flying over it to avoid a wanted level I would have rather it be out.

It's people like you so readily defend a half-hearted game. Most of people are asking questions and some of us are pointing out the missed opportunity. If you are too stupid to see that maybe you should sit there and pay attention to what's going on around you. Better yet put down your phone and pay attention in class...you need a little more education before you can join us at the big table...

It's people like you that drags everyone moods down with your unrealistic expectations and consistent put down anyone that like a game they like. You don't need to be stupid or require more education to realize gta 5 is the best game on ps3, clashing with red dead redemption. For People like you it's never enough, you see this game for what isn't there rather than what is.

I'm probably feeding the troll with this response but it needs to be said
  • MindCorrupt likes this

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

Same with Ft Zancudo. A HIGHLY detailed military base that has no purpose other than jacking a fighter jet or to commit a 4 star suicide.

They better have somthing added in DLC.

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:08 PM Edited by MindCorrupt, 26 October 2013 - 01:09 PM.

School was over a decade ago for me champ.

Like I said, if there wasn't a prison there, there'd be another idiot like you complaining there wasn't one. Rockstar can't possibly make a game that caters for everyone, yet there is always posts like yours bitching and moaning that the game wasn't built around his or her preference. Put your big boy hat on and enjoy the game for what it is or wait until it comes out on PC and mod it yourself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users