Photo

GTA III Car Has Messed Up Textures.

7 replies to this topic
cogkicker
  • cogkicker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:28 AM

I just got GTA 3, and I downloaded Cut III Stretch, and this is the first mod I downloaded for GTA 3.
Instead of replacing the Kuruma, I Replaced the Stinger. Well, I go ingame, and the model loaded correctly, it's just the texture. Also, I wanna change the wheels if possible. The textures are all white, and the cars color is a neon color. I re-archived the IMG twice, with no succsess. I looked around, online and everyone said to remove TXD.IMG, but I don't have that file, and they said to then delete caps.dat, but I don't have that either. I'm using the disc version of the game, and I'm using a brand new Nvidia card.
Can somebody help me out here, why are my car's textures messed up? And how can I change the wheels?

Black Mantis
  • Black Mantis

TH3 Don

• Members
  • Syria

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

Use TXD workshop and make sure you replaced Stinger.dff and Stinger.txd as well in gta3.img, then Delete txd.img , it should work

about the wheel, if you want to change the texture of wheels which located in misc.img.

I recommend you to use Onepiece's High Definition GTA III cars http://gtaforums.com...ityhd-gta-cars/ which also contain HD wheels of GTA Cars......

• cogkicker likes this

cogkicker
  • cogkicker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

Where is TXD.Img it's nowhere in my directory...

Black Mantis
  • Black Mantis

TH3 Don

• Members
  • Syria

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

Where is TXD.Img it's nowhere in my directory...

txd.img located in models folder, after you Deleting txd.img.....run and load the game(while loading the game the message will show up converting texture for your video format) that mean you're ready to go!

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Do it thyself

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:57 AM Edited by sharpie_eastern, 27 October 2013 - 05:25 AM.

Open TXD workshop and open the cars texture file after that go to file and dff check and click on the corresponding dff file it uses and txd workshop should say if all the texture are there or not. If they're all there and  you're still getting the issue then its either corruption or the model

cogkicker
  • cogkicker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

There is only one img file in models, and that's gta3.img,

Computer/Local Disk (C:)/Program Files (x86)/Rockstar\ Games/GTAIII/models/:
Backups, Coll, Generic, fonts.txd, frontend.txd, generic.txd, gta3.dir, gta3.img, HUD.txd, menu.txd MISC.txd, particle.txd

Computer/Local Disk (C:)/Program Files (x86)/Rockstar\ Games/GTAIII/models/Backups/:
gta3.dir, gta3.img

Computer/Local Disk (C:)/Program Files (x86)/Rockstar\ Games/GTAIII/models/Coll/:
commer.col, generic.col, indust.col, peds.col, suburb.col, vehicles.col, weapons.col,

Computer/Local Disk (C:)/Program Files (x86)/Rockstar\ Games/GTAIII/models/Generic/:
air_vlo.DFF, arrow.DFF, lowpolyguy.dff, peds.dff, player.bmp, qsphere.dff, sphere.dff, weapons.dff, wheels.dff, zonecyla.dff, zonecylb.dff, zonesphr.dff

The only mods that I have are CLEO, Aircraft mod, and interiors mod. I'm using the disk version, on windows 8.

cogkicker
  • cogkicker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

Never mind, the TXD files are there now. I reset te compatability mode from Windows Vista to Windows 98.

cogkicker
  • cogkicker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:57 PM

Okay, I replaced it, and it looks great, and there are no errors.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users