Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:54 AM

Yeah free aim lobbies are always half full and I hate it

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:06 AM

Go play COD or BF if u don't want auto aim

Or he could go to settings and set the option to free aim. 

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:38 AM

I like it when people say that the community choose FA.

No they didn't. R* made assisted aiming default since the begining and so many think thats the way you are supposed to play it, or by the time they find out about DA they are too used to AA. If AA was taken out then there wouldn't be a huge outrage like some make it out to be, how come all those million of CoD or BF players are not asking for AA?

Game would be a lot better if only DA existed and some type of help like the super light AA that CoD offers. Everyone is together and more people. 

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:43 AM

As much as free aim does make the game more fun and challenging, it can be a real uphill battle with folks who use auto aim and have fast trigger fingers. This is of course a choice you make so nothing you could possibly be angry about - given that you have chosen to use FA - but if they could completely firewall both aim settings in all game types it would probably be better all around for most players as everyone would get what they want...

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:44 AM

I like that Rockstar gave people a choice. Those that want to use Auto Aim can use it and those that want to use Free Aim can use it. 

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:47 AM

Wait, I don't understand the logic behind all the complaining about auto aim.  

First of all, you DO have the option to switch to free aim and go to free aim lobbies.

Second, if you think you are better than people who use auto aim, shouldn't you be better than everyone else that gets the same boost?

• MLO_III likes this

hydro3652
  • hydro3652

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:04 AM

what's with all the hate over auto aim (i use it all the time and love it).

It makes it so that there is no skill involved in shooting (other than sniping)

lessthan3
  • lessthan3

Intensity In Ten Cities

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:04 AM Edited by lessthan3, 25 October 2013 - 04:05 AM.

If we had mouse and keyboard I'd agree. But we're playing with controllers. Free aiming with a stick is retarded.

You console FPS players need to realize that there's no skill involved in anything you do anyway. Console FPS/TPS is the kiddy pool of gaming.

Ginobili137
  • Ginobili137

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:07 AM

If we had mouse and keyboard I'd agree. But we're playing with controllers. Free aiming with a stick is retarded.

You console FPS players need to realize that there's no skill involved in anything you do anyway. Console FPS/TPS is the kiddy pool of gaming.

the ability to use those sticks well involves skill 

riksterinto
  • riksterinto

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:10 AM

what's with all the hate over auto aim (i use it all the time and love it).

It makes it so that there is no skill involved in shooting (other than sniping)

As a user of free aim, I'd have to disagree with the use of the term "skill."

You're moving a stick until a thing lines up with other things and then pressing a button.  Sure, it's technically a "skill," but it's kind of one of those base-level reflex things that don't mean much for anything.

The ability to move your reticule on to a target quickly doesn't have anything to do with reflexes, other than the time it takes to start moving it. Reflexes are involved the same amount in auto and free aim lobbies. The more skilled you are in a free aim shootout, the better you will do. In an auto aim lobby, the only thing that matters are reflexes. 

I don't agree with this.  There is much more to a gunfight than just aiming and firing.  There's proper use of cover and the environment, dodge rolls, using the radar to trick your opponent, evasive driving, etc.. All these tactics can be used to mess with the other players auto aim.  If you are just running around in the open all the time then it's just a matter of reflexes and aiming.  

I personally don't like the way free aim works with the cover system in this game.  I tried it for a while in SP but popping out of cover, even when I had the enemy dead in the middle of the screen, caused all kinds of unpredictable results.  Assisted Aim was a nice mix of auto and free but I doubt there is anyone on those servers.  I haven't checked though.

philthethrill81
  • philthethrill81

Japan makes hawt women (ai shinozake)

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:15 AM

For a third person shooter, the free aim in this game is probably the worst I've played with in any TPS. 

ProblemChiild88
  • ProblemChiild88

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:40 AM

Unless I'm mistaken, you can still use normal aim in auto aim servers (could at launch anyways).  But it's like playing call of duty against someone with aimbot.  Sure, you will kill them once in awhile, but most of the time they'll be knockin you out of the park and spewing hate into the mic.  So if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Is that how it is? I switched my aim settings in SP to free aim so I could try and get into free aim servers but I'm starting to think there are none. I would have asked some of the other players but my mic is broken, and didn't feel like typing a message.

I was getting kills but for every two kills someone got on me I could only get one kill on them. I thought I was rusty maybe or needed to get that muscle memory into rhythm, but it seemed like they were killing me way..way to fast for free aim. At the end I assumed they still had auto aim and I was the only one with free aim. :/

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:43 AM Edited by Chukkles, 25 October 2013 - 04:46 AM.

What, a keyboard and mouse involve skill?
If there is no skill involved, I'm sure you must be a good free aimer, right?
Everyone complains about how awkward it is then says that people who do use have no skill or there is no skill to using it.
That flat retarded.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:45 AM

Unless I'm mistaken, you can still use normal aim in auto aim servers (could at launch anyways).  But it's like playing call of duty against someone with aimbot.  Sure, you will kill them once in awhile, but most of the time they'll be knockin you out of the park and spewing hate into the mic.  So if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em.

You are very much mistaken, it wasn't even possible at launch.

TheLegendofRyan
  • TheLegendofRyan

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:47 AM

I'm so used to AA that FA is some hard sh*t. Like I have my sensitivity all the way up, but it's still slow as hell. Then when I FA, like when I do when AA is too slow to cover like 5 people in front of me, it feels really sludgy. It feels like after I'm done moving the game has to catch up, and then when it does it over shoots somewhat. It's not input lag from my tv either as I have no problem on any other shooter game, and I'm a standard tv poor kid. I'm just guessing the FA mechanic is kinda crappy, and not very effort was put into it. Assisted aiming might be the bridge to a better experience though. I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know. Hopefully it'd be like a super light auto aim system that feels more like free aim, but with that extra much needed edge.

ProblemChiild88
  • ProblemChiild88

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:49 AM

I don't agree with this.  There is much more to a gunfight than just aiming and firing.  There's proper use of cover and the environment, dodge rolls, using the radar to trick your opponent, evasive driving, etc.. All these tactics can be used to mess with the other players auto aim.  If you are just running around in the open all the time then it's just a matter of reflexes and aiming.  

I personally don't like the way free aim works with the cover system in this game.  I tried it for a while in SP but popping out of cover, even when I had the enemy dead in the middle of the screen, caused all kinds of unpredictable results.  Assisted Aim was a nice mix of auto and free but I doubt there is anyone on those servers.  I haven't checked though.

Dodge rolls and evasive driving does nothing against autoaim. Unless you are already going at full speed and the other player isn't setup yet you wont escape the auto aim and your evasive car maneuvers..

When I would fly around in a chopper on GtaIV I would NEVER get shot out of my chopper in free aim only lobbies until people finally developed a SKILL on achieving it and there were very few people that could do it and do it well.

In an auto aim lobby with the M4 assault rifle on GtaIV I would shoot pilots out of their chopper no problem, hell Ive done it with a SMG and pistol.

PIOCapacitor
  • PIOCapacitor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:50 AM

Haven't they all had auto-aim? 

This is not a new thing. 

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:55 AM

You are mistaken. Each aim setting plays within their own group only. There aren't auto-aim players in the free-aim servers.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:56 AM

Dodge rolls and evasive driving does nothing against autoaim. Unless you are already going at full speed and the other player isn't setup yet you wont escape the auto aim and your evasive car maneuvers..

When I would fly around in a chopper on GtaIV I would NEVER get shot out of my chopper in free aim only lobbies until people finally developed a SKILL on achieving it and there were very few people that could do it and do it well.

In an auto aim lobby with the M4 assault rifle on GtaIV I would shoot pilots out of their chopper no problem, hell Ive done it with a SMG and pistol.
He's talking about the skill involved in free aiming.
In Max Payne 3 the evasive roll actually broke of father auto aim.
So there's another retching R* did well and then f*cked up on their biggest game.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:56 AM

:^: :^: :^:

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:59 AM

That doesn't matter.
It's the lobbies that matter.
If you don't get that, well can't help you.

It sort of does, considering the lobbies you're talking about are lobbies for the game modes listed above, which means it's exactly what the OP is talking about.

You're saying the community is split between the different aiming modes - i'm saying they're also split by the different game modes. Both are exactly the same point, and just as meaningless.

edit - cleaned up quote train.

Well then can't help you.
You say you cleaned quote train. But just cut out all context of convo.
You musta been waiting for a reply so hard because I did edit what was said just seconds after posting.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:00 AM

:^: :^: :^:

How can anyone say consoles are awkward, mouse and keyboard are easy but there is no skill in console controller.
People are so far up their own assholes.

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

Only Zuul

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:17 AM

It does suck. I don't know why anyone is playing auto aim, and shame on Rockstar for making it the default.

Free Aim is so much fun, I just don't know why people would want the game to lock on for you and take away all skill.

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:38 AM

ummmm....didn't think GTA5 was on pc

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:56 AM

It does suck. I don't know why anyone is playing auto aim, and shame on Rockstar for making it the default.

Free Aim is so much fun, I just don't know why people would want the game to lock on for you and take away all skill.

Some people don't care about skill. They just want to join and have fun. People who work 40 hour or longer work weeks, people with kids, or people that are in college/university either don't have the time or don't want to devote time to getting good. They just want to pick up a controller and play. 

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:41 PM

Nothing wrong with Auto-Aim. It's a different kind of system, but in my opinion it generally works better in Third Person Shooters than Free Aim (at least on consoles). 

Auto-Aim requires a different skill set. It's not all about hand-eye coordination and reaction times. You need to think, take cover, understand when and where you are vulnerable. It requires more assessment of the situation. In first person shooters and Free Aim third person shooters, a lot of these elements are deemphasized.

I prefer Auto-Aim for that reason. I prefer strategy and cunning over fast reflexes and the ability to keep the Right Stick steady. 

This is by far the dumbest auto aim defense post I've ever read.

To make it clear.  In free aim (manual aim) you need to think, take cover, understand when and where you are vulnerable. It requires assessment of the situation... And then it actually requires you to aim yourself.

The only difference between auto aim and manual aim is that the game does all the real work for you.

Auto aim ruins all games. Especially GTA V since a players aim preference separate that player for all others no matter the game mode.  Even racing modes are separated by aim settings.  WTF?

GTA O free aim Death Matchers are already turning into ghost towns.  Much faster then Read Dead.

Have fun auto aim.... noobs

MUT3D
  • MUT3D

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

if this game had a permanent aiming reticle like socom i would turn it off. but going from running around blind to aiming at the sky or ground i dont like so i keep it on. if there was an option to keep a permanent one i would go free aim no problem, but there isn't so i dont. auto aim doesnt give you headshots anyways so i only use it to get a general target then i aim for the head.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

if this game had a permanent aiming reticle like socom i would turn it off. but going from running around blind to aiming at the sky or ground i dont like so i keep it on. if there was an option to keep a permanent one i would go free aim no problem, but there isn't so i dont. auto aim doesnt give you headshots anyways so i only use it to get a general target then i aim for the head.

Excuses... Excuses... Excuses.

Vrgadin
  • Vrgadin

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:00 PM Edited by Vrgadin, 25 October 2013 - 03:04 PM.

AA is a noob mode. I can kill someone with my eyes closed literally. L2, tilt up tap R2 Bam! Free Aim does require skill because you have to control the avatars walk and the the aiming at the same time. AA 75% of that is already done for you. OP join a gang in the gang section, us real men play FA there. Been that way since IV

real men dont brag about videogame acumen.

we tell bitches we have good jobs when we really dont, play gta for lulz all day than f*ck the bitches at night while making up stories about how tough our day was.

winning

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

When this game will allow me to plug in my keyboard and mouse (let alone the fact that I have a different setting in my living room, which isn`t too.. keyboard and pad friendly, nor short cord friendly), but let`s ASSUME for a second... THEN I will support free aim. 

Until then, you, OP, can select free aim in SP menu, then fire up MP and presto! You are the star of your movie!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users