Photo

this game would be so much better if there wasn't auto aim

59 replies to this topic
Ginobili137
  • Ginobili137

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:50 AM

I mean I think auto aim sucks but I am forced to play in auto aim lobbies so that I can play with fullish lobbies on jobs. Why do developers keep implementing this trash mechanic? GTA V has the strongest and most bullsh*t auto aim I have experienced by the way. Who the hell is even in favor of it being in the game? Surely not more than 50% of players. It makes free roam sh*t because you're not even safe if you're in a car going top speed or a helicopter or plane and near another player. Are free aim lobbies as empty as they were at launch?

The Law
  • The Law

Collector

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:51 AM

It's been like this bubba.

JYP_KR
  • JYP_KR

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • South-Korea

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:52 AM

They gave the players options.

The players chose.

Ginobili137
  • Ginobili137

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:54 AM

The players chose.

No, they didn't. In SP, I used auto aim because it made completing the game easier. I didn't even know that you could change your online aiming style at first. You're saying that just because people are playing in auto aim lobbies, they like auto aim being in the game, that's not true at all. 

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:57 AM

but I am forced to play in auto aim lobbies so that I can play with fullish lobbies on jobs.

You are?

I play on Free Aim and I never have an issue with this.

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

DON'T HATE ME 'CAUSE I'M BEAUTIFUL, N**GA

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:58 AM

Unless I'm mistaken, you can still use normal aim in auto aim servers (could at launch anyways).  But it's like playing call of duty against someone with aimbot.  Sure, you will kill them once in awhile, but most of the time they'll be knockin you out of the park and spewing hate into the mic.  So if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em.

JYP_KR
  • JYP_KR

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • South-Korea

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:58 AM

The players chose.

No, they didn't. In SP, I used auto aim because it made completing the game easier. I didn't even know that you could change your online aiming style at first. You're saying that just because people are playing in auto aim lobbies, they like auto aim being in the game, that's not true at all. 

Well, people will find out, as you did. And then they have the option to choose. What is the problem again?

Ginobili137
  • Ginobili137

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:00 AM

but I am forced to play in auto aim lobbies so that I can play with fullish lobbies on jobs.

You are?

Well I'd like to know how you do it. I joined countless jobs from the quick job option on my phone for the 1st week after release and I usually joined 1 other person or was forced to host due to there being no jobs available to join. 

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:01 AM

I mean I think auto aim sucks but I am forced to play in auto aim lobbies so that I can play with fullish lobbies on jobs. Why do developers keep implementing this trash mechanic? GTA V has the strongest and most bullsh*t auto aim I have experienced by the way. Who the hell is even in favor of it being in the game? Surely not more than 50% of players. It makes free roam sh*t because you're not even safe if you're in a car going top speed or a helicopter or plane and near another player. Are free aim lobbies as empty as they were at launch?

You'd be surprised at the amount of players who think that's THE way to play this.

I mean people actually blame auto aim for their problems in game. Rather than turning it off they complain about how "snappy" it is or that they get shot out of cars too easily as if there is no other way around the problem.

This forum is about 60% auto aimers.
Imagine now the entire fanbase go GTAV. Probably about 80-85 percent auto aimers.

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:02 AM

That's a matchmaking problem, has nothing to do with others not playing free aim.

Options are good things.

Tabarnaaaack
  • Tabarnaaaack

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:02 AM Edited by Tabarnaaaack, 25 October 2013 - 01:04 AM.

The players chose.

This.

I had no idea I could turn auto aim off. All my friends are MGO vets and didn't know either. Even when I told them they did not believe me, since they would join a lobby before trying to switch it off, and then it looks like it is permalocked. Therefore, this IS entirely on Rstar, because it defaults to auto-aim.

My connection is not the best, but all my free aim lobbies are very low in people that join, as opposed to my lobbies in autoaim. Best suggestion; join two or three crews that play free aim only. If I were you, I would make a thread explaining what you are looking for in the recruitment section.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:03 AM

what's with all the hate over auto aim (i use it all the time and love it).

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:03 AM

You are?

Well I'd like to know how you do it. I joined countless jobs from the quick job option on my phone for the 1st week after release and I usually joined 1 other person or was forced to host due to there being no jobs available to join. 

I don't know man.  Join a session and invite people.

And if that doesn't work, try waiting more than 10 seconds for people to respond.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:05 AM Edited by Chukkles, 25 October 2013 - 01:05 AM.

That's a matchmaking problem, has nothing to do with others not playing free aim.
Options are good things.

Not when the community gets split 6 ways between
auto aim
manual aim
Assisted aim.
Each also has good sport and bad sport lobbies.

R* has really f*cked this up. Splitting the community 2 ways in IV was a bit of a problem, but now.
Extinction level f*ck up.

Ginobili137
  • Ginobili137

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:06 AM

It makes it so that there is no skill involved in shooting (other than sniping)

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:09 AM

As a user of free aim, I'd have to disagree with the use of the term "skill."

You're moving a stick until a thing lines up with other things and then pressing a button.  Sure, it's technically a "skill," but it's kind of one of those base-level reflex things that don't mean much for anything.

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

Options are good things.

auto aim
manual aim
Assisted aim.

R* has really f*cked this up. Splitting the community 2 ways in IV was a bit of a problem, but now.

If you're going to complain about splt communities, why not complain about players being split due to the multiple game modes?

DM

Missions

Races

Golf

Tennis

Arm Wrestling

Free Mode

etc

Ginobili137
  • Ginobili137

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:12 AM Edited by Ginobili137, 25 October 2013 - 01:14 AM.

You're moving a stick until a thing lines up with other things and then pressing a button.  Sure, it's technically a "skill," but it's kind of one of those base-level reflex things that don't mean much for anything.

The ability to move your reticule on to a target quickly doesn't have anything to do with reflexes, other than the time it takes to start moving it. Reflexes are involved the same amount in auto and free aim lobbies. The more skilled you are in a free aim shootout, the better you will do. In an auto aim lobby, the only thing that matters are reflexes. 

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:17 AM

The ability to move your reticule on to a target quickly doesn't have anything to do with reflexes, other than the time it takes to start moving it. Reflexes are involved the same amount in auto and free aim lobbies. The more skilled you are in a free aim shootout, the better you will do. In an auto aim lobby, the only thing that matters are reflexes. 

And what I'm saying is that any "skill" involved is barely worth calling a "skill."  I think some people put too much weight on their video game playing abilities, and that really hampers their potential as a human being.   They see that they can play a game well, so they think they're good at something.  Sure, maybe they're good at something, but what they're good at is something any human without a nerve disorder would be good at if they played the same game as long.

5HT2a
  • 5HT2a

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:20 AM

Nothing wrong with Auto-Aim. It's a different kind of system, but in my opinion it generally works better in Third Person Shooters than Free Aim (at least on consoles). 

Auto-Aim requires a different skill set. It's not all about hand-eye coordination and reaction times. You need to think, take cover, understand when and where you are vulnerable. It requires more assessment of the situation. In first person shooters and Free Aim third person shooters, a lot of these elements are deemphasized.

I prefer Auto-Aim for that reason. I prefer strategy and cunning over fast reflexes and the ability to keep the Right Stick steady. 

• yesir1 likes this

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:22 AM

You are?

same here..

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:23 AM

Nothing wrong with Auto-Aim. It's a different kind of system, but in my opinion it generally works better in Third Person Shooters than Free Aim (at least on consoles). 

Auto-Aim requires a different skill set. It's not all about hand-eye coordination and reaction times. You need to think, take cover, understand when and where you are vulnerable. It requires more assessment of the situation. In first person shooters and Free Aim third person shooters, a lot of these elements are deemphasized.

I prefer Auto-Aim for that reason. I prefer strategy and cunning over fast reflexes and the ability to keep the Right Stick steady. 

wait wait.  You're saying, "In first person shooters and Free Aim third person shooters, a lot of these elements are deemphasized," as if it were common knowledge, but all intuition points to those things still being emphasized just as greatly, regardless of auto-aim or free-aim--at least in the example of GTA V.

Could you perhaps explain why you think these aspects are not emphazied as much in Free Aim as they are in Assisted Aim, in relation to this game?

Ginobili137
  • Ginobili137

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:23 AM Edited by Ginobili137, 25 October 2013 - 01:23 AM.

Well, all of what you say is true, but none of it means that there shouldn't be skill involved in the game. The equivalent of team deathmatch in an auto aim lobby would be a drag racing video game. 

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:25 AM

You will get much better players and much more fun missions in free aim. Stick with it.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:25 AM Edited by Chukkles, 25 October 2013 - 01:26 AM.

Options are good things.

auto aim
manual aim
Assisted aim.

If you're going to complain about splt communities, why not complain about players being split due to the multiple game modes?

DM
Missions
Races
Golf
Tennis
Arm Wrestling
Free Mode
etc
That doesn't matter.
It's the lobbies that matter.
I can't get a good game no matter the mode because the rest of the community are playing an entirely different game.

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:28 AM Edited by R.R, 25 October 2013 - 01:29 AM.

That doesn't matter.
It's the lobbies that matter.
If you don't get that, well can't help you.

It sort of does, considering the lobbies you're talking about are lobbies for the game modes listed above, which means it's exactly what the OP is talking about.

You're saying the community is split between the different aiming modes - i'm saying they're also split by the different game modes. Both are exactly the same point, and just as meaningless.

edit - cleaned up quote train.

Ginobili137
  • Ginobili137

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:30 AM Edited by Ginobili137, 25 October 2013 - 01:32 AM.

Well I play Battlefield and that in my opinion is a healthy mix of strategy, the ability to use your analog sticks well, and reaction time. I don't see how there is more strategy involved in auto-aim lobbies. In my experience, it's just hiding behind something and then popping out and killing a guy. In a free aim lobby, the strategy would be hiding behind something, popping out, and then killing a guy, except there would be some skill involved in killing the guy. 

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:32 AM

AA is a noob mode. I can kill someone with my eyes closed literally. L2, tilt up tap R2 Bam! Free Aim does require skill because you have to control the avatars walk and the the aiming at the same time. AA 75% of that is already done for you. OP join a gang in the gang section, us real men play FA there. Been that way since IV

GoodGreen
  • GoodGreen

Gustavo "Gus" Fring

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:44 AM

Go play COD or BF if u don't want auto aim

Zonegamer
  • Zonegamer

Front Yard Balla

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:50 AM

Not really because I have no problem with traditional/auto Aim, why over complicate things? If you want to use free-aim then more power to you but I'm glad there's a choice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users