Quantcast

» «
Photo

[VIDEO] Playing Single Player as online character glitch.

4 replies to this topic
nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

I have been having cloud server issues, and one time when they were messed up, this happened. I was in a public match, and I went to find a new session. Camera went up in the sky, then went back in and I was in this with nothing to do.

List of features in this glitch:
-For other people it says your playing GTA Online and the session isn't joinable.
-Single Player car spawning. (MP is random and less dense, single player is more dense and the cars that spawn depend on the area)
-Parked vehicles spawned like in Single Player. (EX: Big airplanes at the airport. Airport gates also open for you like they do in Single Player.)
-Single player phone layout. (Quick Save doesn't work)
-Unable to access character wheel.
-Some interiors only accessible in missions, you walk through the door and fall under the map, like in the video.)
-No missions, no houses, no personal vehicle, etc.
-Ammunition and LS Customs work (but icon isn't on the radar.)
-Single Player pause menu. It fully pauses the game, Its the single player pause menu, shows your stats from SP, etc.)
-All safe houses from the three characters are enterable.
-No money (I had no cash on me in GTA Online, so that may be why.)
-GTA Online weapons and ammo.
-Doing a mission replay results in an infinite loading screen.

I'll look into seeing if I can repeat the glitch. I bet with the glitch, there may be other cool things to do, exploration, and glitch wise. As I'm still having GTA Online problems, I have a chance at repeating it, but for those who are able to enjoy GTA Online, they may not be able to do it. I'm gonna look into figuring out a way to save the game so I can upload the save. I don't know if it will work or not.

Here is the video.

FusionCold85
  • FusionCold85

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

Hope you can recreate it. Let me know if you do.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:42 PM

I'll try.

Basically what I think happened was it booted me to Single Player, but it didn't switch me to Michael. As there are no scripts for when your playing as your online character in single player this is what happens. Normally, the game brings you to online when you switch to the MP character.

How much do you want to bet me that if I had cash, and I didn't deposit it all into the bank, I would of had money. If I get the glitch again, I'm going to look into buying something from Ammunation. I want to get the game to save so I can upload my save. I'm not sure if it will work because if I do this, it may not have the data for my online character stored. Then again, I bet the cloud server save may be the same format as a single player save file, like in RDR. Heck, the glitch might be a way to get things online. If I can recreate it, I bet it opens up many holes. I just need to get the game to save my progress. I tried doing a mission replay but no success. I'm going to try and buy something from Ammunation and see what happens. If I get a save file, I'll upload it.

NOTE:

I'm on the Xbox 360. I think when I did it, I did this.

1. Press A for Online in the loading screen.

2. I got a cloud server message when I got into the game with others so my progress wasn't saving.

3. I can't remember correctly, but I think I might of attempted to join my friends game after this, and I couldn't connect so it kept me in the game.

4. I paused, and went to find a new session. It stayed in the sky for like 15 to 20 seconds (longer than normal), and there was no news on the screen. It went back down to where I was standing, and then I was in the glitch.

Artillery
  • Artillery

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

Oh no. :O

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

The trespasser of dimensions.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

I sort of wish that there was a legit way to use your custom character in single player...

And I really wish that all the safehouse options, etc from online were avaible in SP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users