Quantcast

» «
Photo

So witch game lived up to its hype GTA IV or V?

34 replies to this topic
Dodgers2013Champs
  • Dodgers2013Champs

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:21 PM

IMO it was 4 I was pumped for 5 but it gets boring quick I'm playing 4 right now as I type. I might trade in V. Gta V is missing the magic feel that all other GTAS had
  • carl turtle and ThinRedLine1981 like this

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

Neither fully lived up to the hype but 4 was a disgrace. I did enjoy TBOGT though.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

Hard to say, IV blew me away at first with the improved physics and mechanics. Same with V.

Dodgers2013Champs
  • Dodgers2013Champs

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

Luis is the best protagonist IMO

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

IMO it was 4 I was pumped for 5 but it gets boring quick I'm playing 4 right now as I type. I might trade in V. Gta V is missing the magic feel that all other GTAS had

I honestly might have to agree with GTA V missing its magic feel. III, VC, SA, IV, and even LCS, and VCS had a magic feeling. V still is better then IV in my opinion. There's a few things IV does beat V for me. 

Dodgers2013Champs
  • Dodgers2013Champs

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

Gta 5 had the worst story of any game I've ever played

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:09 AM

IV was Offering a more Streamline Focused mature Story Driving Experience and i think they Succeeded  V Despite being a fun game was Underwhelming for how long i had to wait. i felt almost a little empty after i beat it i was like so this is it? i remember  when i first beat IV and that feeling of Bittersweet  Victory After killing Dimtri it was epic i quite simply did not get that same Feeling With V  so for me it has to be IV. 

• ThinRedLine1981 and CharlesManson855 like this

PlasmaFLOW
  • PlasmaFLOW

Immortal

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:16 AM

Subjective. To me, GTA IV is better because it came out on PC, and V didn't. If it had came out on PC, I'd probably be playing V all day and all night long.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:23 AM

Subjective. To me, GTA IV is better because it came out on PC, and V didn't. If it had came out on PC, I'd probably be playing V all day and all night long.

Before this comparison makes any kind of sense you have to wait 8 months. It took that long for IV to come out on PC.

Anyway, IV sucked me in and became one of my favorite games. It's probably my favorite game of the generation. V was a pleasant game that I don't think met my expectations. So IV for me. 

GEO9875
  • GEO9875

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:25 AM

Whats with this "magic feeling" thing people are talking about? Can someone explain it too me, sounds like a bunch of bs and a sh*tty excuse to bitch about gta v....
  • DeafMetal and Lil ski like this

Vellocet
  • Vellocet

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:28 AM

GTA IV, The story felt amazing and the city felt alive, GTA V Doesn´t feel like IV, but it has better core gameplay than IV.

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:31 AM Edited by COASTERPUNK, 25 October 2013 - 12:32 AM.

Whats with this "magic feeling" thing people are talking about? Can someone explain it too me, sounds like a bunch of bs and a sh*tty excuse to bitch about gta v....

That "magic" feeling is nostalgia. If all the older GTA games came out today, they would be saying the same things about San Andreas and Vice City not having that "magic" feeling. Since V is a new game, they haven't developed nostalgic feelings toward it yet, but in a few years they will talk about how "magic" it was. Same cycle over again.

So in short, yes it is a BS excuse the bitch about V.

• adictoGTA likes this

Matt06
  • Matt06

Consigliere

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:49 AM

A lot of people say it's missing the magic feel. For me it's totally there. Pure GTA all over this game. Having three characters makes it way more fun and interesting instead of being stuck with only one.

Everybody's bitching had me worried but of course once I played it for myself I was amazed. 9.9/10 for what I was expecting.
  • IveGotNoValues likes this

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:56 AM

Definitely IV

user14
  • user14

Prankster

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:03 AM

GTA IV IS BETTER THEN GTA V

super_slav
  • super_slav

Fo Shizzle

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

IV lived up to the hype and more, GTA V is boring and I have not played it for a month now, IV is just that much better.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:11 AM Edited by ThroatSlasher2, 25 October 2013 - 01:15 AM.

I prefer to say ''vibe''. Each GTA had its own vibe to it. You have GTA III which has that dark, cold, gritty vibe to it, Vice City had, of course, the vibe of the 80's, colorful, sunny, neon, the music helped alot. San Andreas had a few different vibes but the main one was obviously the Hood and GTA IV's vibe was that really grey and depressing profound vibe. You could feel it by just looking at the city. V however, doesn't seem like having a specific vibe at all. Sometimes it takes itself seriously, being dark and gritty and other times it's all goofy and joyful. It kinda tries to be everything at the same time but fails miserably. I still like V though, but I don't feel like I am playing a GTA game.

Amount that to the fact that the game has improved much more from IV over the technical aspects of the game, like graphics, size of map and draw distance, and left out the content once again + all the online exclusive content, makes GTA V a failure in my book.

• sqre and ThinRedLine1981 like this

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:45 AM

To me v is the greatest game I've played with my ps3. It's gta that got me into console gaming in the first place and this game still has it.

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:48 AM

I prefer to say ''vibe''. Each GTA had its own vibe to it. You have GTA III which has that dark, cold, gritty vibe to it, Vice City had, of course, the vibe of the 80's, colorful, sunny, neon, the music helped alot. San Andreas had a few different vibes but the main one was obviously the Hood and GTA IV's vibe was that really grey and depressing profound vibe. You could feel it by just looking at the city. V however, doesn't seem like having a specific vibe at all. Sometimes it takes itself seriously, being dark and gritty and other times it's all goofy and joyful. It kinda tries to be everything at the same time but fails miserably. I still like V though, but I don't feel like I am playing a GTA game.
Amount that to the fact that the game has improved much more from IV over the technical aspects of the game, like graphics, size of map and draw distance, and left out the content once again + all the online exclusive content, makes GTA V a failure in my book.

So basically you don't like modern day America because all other gta game were set in the past. For me it encapsulates what it was tryna achieve pretty well and that is a false sense of achievement that America has and materialistic culture of this generation. Just listen to the radio station.

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:02 AM

That "magic" feeling is nostalgia. If all the older GTA games came out today, they would be saying the same things about San Andreas and Vice City not having that "magic" feeling. Since V is a new game, they haven't developed nostalgic feelings toward it yet, but in a few years they will talk about how "magic" it was. Same cycle over again.
So in short, yes it is a BS excuse the bitch about V.
Damn, took the words outta my mouth. :pp

Yeah its a new game, people are just starting to get the feel of it. Give it about a couple months or until a new game comes out. The nostalgia will sink in, MARK MY WORDS!
V is the best gta for me (well at least neck and neck with SA) I still play this game every day and still got that game booted up and on pause since launch!

I wasn't there for the hype when IV was coming out (It was during my army basic training and AIT and I had no clue another gta was coming out lol) but ended up buying it when I first bought my ps3 back in June in 2008. Honestly if it wasn't for the PC version and the EPIC dlc TBOGT, I wouldn't have gave two sh*ts about IV that much.
  • adictoGTA likes this

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:24 AM

So basically you don't like modern day America because all other gta game were set in the past. For me it encapsulates what it was tryna achieve pretty well and that is a false sense of achievement that America has and materialistic culture of this generation. Just listen to the radio station.

That was also the case in GTA IV, but GTA IV's story also fell into the vibe of the game, to get you more immersed, as of V, if we take out the usual modern day materialistic American culture ( that was displayed in GTA IV, in a much more subtle way ), then what is the vibe of V ? What is it suppose to be ? The answer is: it's all over the place and it was executed in a messy, sloppy way. 

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:38 AM

They both did. v was just more successful at it than iv.

notsoslimshady14
  • notsoslimshady14

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:43 AM

Honestly saying GTA 5 isnt as fun as GTA 4 makes ZERO sense, there's so much more content and activities and a much bigger world in 5.

• cheetah_7 likes this

Vatus
  • Vatus

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:15 AM Edited by Vatus, 25 October 2013 - 03:21 AM.

I don't know. I don't remember the hype of GTA 4 that much. I just disagree on the metacritic rating of GTA 4, since it's the best rated game of all time.

I think both games didn't live up to the hype, but both are great games. But I think GTA IV was a major step back from San Andreas with all the features and the missions were too reptitive and heavily scripted.  GTA V brought some of  the features, and add some, but didn't quite get them all. The missions are pretty epic tho. Might be the best of the series.

That was also the case in GTA IV, but GTA IV's story also fell into the vibe of the game, to get you more immersed, as of V, if we take out the usual modern day materialistic American culture ( that was displayed in GTA IV, in a much more subtle way ), then what is the vibe of V ? What is it suppose to be ? The answer is: it's all over the place and it was executed in a messy, sloppy way. 

I disagree. The vibe was supposed to be the heists and making money. And not only the city was lighter and brighter than GTA IV but the overall tone was lighter tone than GTA IV. It was more of summer block buster movie. The storyline included. It didn't take itself too seriously, but it wasn't entirely goofy. The tone was similar to San Andreas and TBoGT imo. And the whole point of the game is surrounded by making money hence the properties, heists, and racing. Most of the activties makes you money. Right from the start of the game, you are robbing a bank to get money. The vibe of making money goes all the way to online. You need to make money to buy weapons, apartments, etc, etc.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:16 AM

I don't think either game lived up to its hype. But V is better than IV imo.

IV is still the worst game out of the 3D and HD era GTA releasea.. The graphics and driving are great though

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:17 AM Edited by AtomicPunk, 25 October 2013 - 03:18 AM.

Neither one. They both were two steps back and disappointments. I will concede though that IV did introduce good driving physics and a great crash model(vehicle damage). I liked Niko too, but IV was a boring featureless game after the story. V is very unfinished and a lot is missing that shoulda been in it.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:29 AM Edited by ThroatSlasher2, 25 October 2013 - 03:30 AM.

I disagree. The vibe was supposed to be the heists and making money. And not only the city was lighter and brighter than GTA IV but the overall tone was lighter tone than GTA IV. It was more of summer block buster movie. The storyline included. It didn't take itself too seriously, but it wasn't entirely goofy. The tone was similar to San Andreas and TBoGT imo. And the whole point of the game is surrounded by making money hence the properties, heists, and racing. Most of the activties makes you money. Right from the start of the game, you are robbing a bank to get money. The vibe of making money goes all the way to online. You need to make money to buy weapons, apartments, etc, etc.

Well they kinda f*cked the heists too .. :(

I was expecting them to admit they're bad guys that just want money and adrenaline but .. what we got is more: We need to rob this store because I owned somebody a lot of money, we need to rob this bank because the FIB said so, we will rob this freight because why the f*ck not ?! Kinda dissapointing if you ask me.

Property management missions are rubish.

And buying stuff with your money was always something that was part of the core gameplay in GTA. Buying weapons, clothes, SAFEHOUSES. V would be 100 times better if it let me have a mansion overlooking the beach, that's all Im asking :(

• sqre likes this

Vatus
  • Vatus

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:41 AM Edited by Vatus, 25 October 2013 - 03:41 AM.

Well they kinda f*cked the heists too .. :(

I was expecting them to admit they're bad guys that just want money and adrenaline but .. what we got is more: We need to rob this store because I owned somebody a lot of money, we need to rob this bank because the FIB said so, we will rob this freight because why the f*ck not ?! Kinda dissapointing if you ask me.

Property management missions are rubish.

And buying stuff with your money was always something that was part of the core gameplay in GTA. Buying weapons, clothes, SAFEHOUSES. V would be 100 times better if it let me have a mansion overlooking the beach, that's all Im asking :(

You're talking about the storyline of the Heists missions? Well, to be fair, they had to figure out how to make Michael come back from retirement because he already has money. He needed something to force him to do it unless you wanted R* to totally scrap this entire story arc. Trevor and Franklin are totally willing to do it of course.

And you would rather no properties missions? What would you prefer? It was very similar to Vice City properties missions, but different because if you don't do the side missions, then your business would take a hit.

And the ONLY GTA game along with GTV V that had the amount of features of spending your money with is GTA: SA. GTA IV had limited clothing and limited weapons. You couldn't even customize your car nor could you even buy properties. You couldn't even change your hairstyle or get tattoes. GTA: SA had all of this and GTA V brought most of the stuff back. This made GTA IV a step back from the features. There was nothing to spend your money on in GTV IV, which made it a little bit dull. Not to mention the missions were repetitive.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:59 AM Edited by ThroatSlasher2, 25 October 2013 - 04:01 AM.

^ I agree about IV, but I forgive them since it was their first attempt at the ps3. Technically, I don't have a problem with V, its just the way R* advertised it, like it was Jesus 2 falling from the sky.

And about the storyline, Im fine with the idea of the first heist, but I think it would have been better to scrap all that corrupt FIB/gouvernment second half of the game in exchange for a more ''Money seeking'' game. Imagine if after the first heist, Micheal was like '' Woah, it felt good ... I .. I want more '' ( Speaking of the adrenaline ) and then took the initiative to make more heists. REAL Heists, like the last one.

*Spoilers*

Because frankly, that 5th heist, in the FIB building. Considering this a heist ? Really ? That's like considering the mission in IV where you go pick up files at the Goldberg Lynher and Schyster Office, a heist. Other than that, good game, could have been better but Im fine with what we have. 7.5/10 

Vatus
  • Vatus

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:53 AM Edited by Vatus, 25 October 2013 - 04:56 AM.

^ I agree about IV, but I forgive them since it was their first attempt at the ps3. Technically, I don't have a problem with V, its just the way R* advertised it, like it was Jesus 2 falling from the sky.

And about the storyline, Im fine with the idea of the first heist, but I think it would have been better to scrap all that corrupt FIB/gouvernment second half of the game in exchange for a more ''Money seeking'' game. Imagine if after the first heist, Micheal was like '' Woah, it felt good ... I .. I want more '' ( Speaking of the adrenaline ) and then took the initiative to make more heists. REAL Heists, like the last one.

*Spoilers*

Because frankly, that 5th heist, in the FIB building. Considering this a heist ? Really ? That's like considering the mission in IV where you go pick up files at the Goldberg Lynher and Schyster Office, a heist. Other than that, good game, could have been better but Im fine with what we have. 7.5/10 

I agree with part of your second paragraph, but that is more subjective of the storyline. I don't really consider it as a fault. Michael did do that the whole "I kind'a want more" deal, but it was late in the game. And he admited that he liked  it earlier on. But I'm fine with a mob boss or FIB corruption that make them do the heist as well. But starting from GTA: SA, you usually do things that you are kind'a blackmail to do by the federal government. You do the same thing in GTA IV. Only this time, the reward is greater.

But it seems that your problem with the heists is more what lead to the heists, but not the actual heists itself. Like "The Paleto Score" was driven by the FIB, but that was my favorite mission in the game and have one of my favorite moments in the GTA series.

Spoiler

And to each their own. I agree with you said about the 5th heist though, but that mission was also fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users