Photo

So why they delayed the game?

33 replies to this topic
17th
  • 17th

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:39 PM

They said to make it more polished... But actually game has a lot of bugs, and lack of some features. 

I guess GTA V was rushed, and full development started somewhere in 2012. 

• TheCornking101 likes this

ThinRedLine1981
  • ThinRedLine1981

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

Yoga and virtual nipples.

hierbamala
  • hierbamala

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

To get more money at this point everyone has an 360 ps3

Trevor_Philips_Enterprise
  • Trevor_Philips_Enterprise

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

To delete trees and vegetation. ;)

• KiiWiiDeee, rex84, mariana_dm1989 and 1 other like this

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

Nate is Love, Nate is Life

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

To tweak the game, there would have been more glitches and bugs and possibly less features if it wasn't delayed.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:44 PM

Yeah, development started in 2012. That's why they had a trailer in 2011.  :sarcasm:

• ThroatSlasher2 likes this

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

Yeah, development started in 2012. That's why they had a trailer in 2011.  :sarcasm:

I heard that GTA III was getting worked at the same time as IV was even though it came out in 2001 :O God the technology these days :')

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

It does seems unfinished. Look at the mission and story potencial...

• Deadly Target likes this

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

It would appear you also didn't finish school.

• rex84 and GTAboob like this

17th
  • 17th

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:11 AM

I said FULL development. V was in production from late 2010

lh1
  • lh1

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:13 AM

GTA ONLINE

KiiWiiDeee
  • KiiWiiDeee

Liberty City's finest.

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:14 AM

They delayed it to actually make it good. I bet if it was released in May it wouldn't include GTAOnline in all its detail and it would basically be just GTA IV Multiplayer. They realized that they had competition and finally got their head in the game and made serious improvements. My guess is they probably added in the hills and mountains on the right side of the freeway on the right side of the map, just for that extra sense of scale when you're bombing down the road at full speed.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:19 AM

TO piss off fans and make them cry their f*cking eyes out on the reg.

JoeyDeacan
  • JoeyDeacan

Donkey Rapist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:21 AM

Hiding the Jetpack ?

Jay_
  • Jay_

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:36 AM

They delayed it to remove missions and features from SP and move then to MP, and then take out some trees and what not

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:38 AM

Sit down kid. Yes story was short but it was awsome.

Not better than red dead though

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Legendary

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

Imagine the mess the game would have been had they released it when they said they would.

The game is a mess now, I can only imagine what it must have been like way back then.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

I said FULL development. V was in production from late 2010

Full development probably started in 2010 after Red Dead Redemption. Before that they probably were tossing around ideas and scripting. If full development didn't start until 2012 they're just complete idiots and I don't think that's the case. 

I think the delay was to add property purchasing because I keep hearing about an interview where they said it wasn't in the game but in the end game we can buy assets... and they're all half-baked with either quick phone calls (which would only require some additional dialog from the voice actors ) or text messages. I strongly suspect the arms trafficking was originally a strangers and freaks like bounty hunting started as.

Also, there were probably some bugs and glitches that were fixed thanks to the delay. Imagine how much buggy it might have been if it just released.  It's also possible they stopped focusing on the PC development at that point because there were builds for the PC version apparently in 2012. That would also explain why it's taking so long for the PC version. If the PC version was left in an unfinished state to get the console version out in time they would have to finish it before it could release. 

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:06 AM

To make some modifications to the game- probably changed some physics, did some stuff to get the game running smoothly without any major issues, and worked on some feature like property buying/management.

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

Considering there were teasers coming before 2012 I highly doubt that development started then. I'd go as far to say that development on GTAV started in one form or another straight after or shortly after the release of IV.

This isn't a call of duty once a year title.

TheTruthOnly
  • TheTruthOnly

Prankster

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

They started working on it few months before EFLC- mid 2009

nuer
  • nuer

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:08 AM

To add the second disc = more content. 

Fluttershy Pony
  • Fluttershy Pony

Yay.

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:23 AM Edited by -=Bert=-, 25 October 2013 - 11:25 AM.

To work on that online mode thing, and also to cut content to resell as greedy DLC so they could make more, oh and also to probably cut 85% of the single player content and make it multiplayer only. No way was it bug fixing or testing, this game has so many bugs and issues to the point that it just loses its fun factor and feels like some cheap, half-done game they cancelled mid-way in development so they could shift their focus to multiplayer, because we all want to play multiplayer... Can I do better? Not by myself, but for a company famous for open-world games, it's sub-par.

I don't see 5+ years of development in this game, nothing is revolutionary about it, sure the map is big, but it's bland, every building is solid, you can barely enter any, making a skyscraper model takes about 5 - 10 minutes, since it's just the outside, I could make a building more detailed... The countryside is pretty nice, but console limitations means we can't have forests, or a decent amount of trees. Since they used RAGE and many other assets from GTA IV, lots of the game was already done after they released GTA IV (which myself think had more effort put into it).

• Udrift likes this

United_Stealth
  • United_Stealth

Scooter brother

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

GTA ONLINE

This probably

It's I think also the reason why we saw a trailer in 2011 but we could play the game only 2 years later. 

I guess they wanted to make an MP similar to IV at first, but later on wanted to make it bigger and bigger.

But that's just my 2 cents

StingrayX
  • StingrayX

♢ Las Venturas ♢

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

They delayed the game and fixed some bugs. Unfortunately they still left a lot of bugs that needed to be patched only leading to more bug likes the current one, no lightning AT ALL. -_- The big reason they delayed the game is for Online. Back with the May previews they tried to f*cking make us believe they added the features we wanted through the delay like properties and other things that never made it into the f*cking SP game. The delay wasn't for giving us what we want nor fixing big bugs, it was for Online.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

Obviously it was GTA Online.

People seem to have forgotten that RDR was R* San Diego, not R* North. So they would have started on it while RDR was still in pre-release stages. 

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:13 PM Edited by JustOneMonth, 25 October 2013 - 08:14 PM.

Sit down kid. Yes story was short but it was awsome.

Not better than red dead though

Im not a kid, and didn´t unfinished school, thats just my opinion. I would like a different story mode and would like some things added. 

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

To work on that online moded al content to resell as greedy DLC more, oh and also to probably cut 85% of the single player content and make it multiplayer only. No way was it bug fixing or testing, this game has so many bugs and issues to the point that it just loses its fun factor and feels like some cheap, half-done game they cancelled mid-way in development so they could shift their focus to multiplayer, because we all want to play multiplayer... Can I do better? Not by myself, but for a company famous for open-world games, it's sub-par.

I don't see 5+ years of development in this game, nothing is revolutionary about it, sure the map is big, but it's bland, every building is solid, you can barely enter any, making a skyscraper model takes about 5 - 10 minutes, since it's just the outside, I could make a building more detailed... The countryside is pretty nice, but console limitations means we can't have forests, or a decent amount of trees. Since they used RAGE and many other assets from GTA IV, lots of the game was already done after they released GTA IV (which myself think had more effort put into it).

I agree 100% with this.
I wish that GTA online was a DLC. I would much rather of had a game I purchased be single player game with more content

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Play Toy

• The Connection
  • Finland

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

What´s not rushed these days? Competition is so hard that everyone pushes unfinished hardware and software on the market.

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:02 PM Edited by lol232, 25 October 2013 - 09:05 PM.

Probably to add properties and much more.

In November 2012 reviews they said there will be NO buyable properties whatsoever, but now, we have properties...

EDIT: Bert, a few days back I agreed with you, but you keep on saying the same thing and you add some stupid bullsh*t. 

I mean, cut 85% of singleplayer for mp? If that was done, we would have only had 5 missions in sp...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users