Photo

Vehicle stats misleading?

11 replies to this topic
darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

So I raced my elegy, and I thought it was as fast as you can make it, but I saw some other people using the same car, and they were faster.  So after that, I went and upgraded the transmission of my car, and now it seems faster, but the stat bar is the same.  So does the stat bar really mislead you when you tune your cars?

SHarm
  • SHarm

Reincarnation of Tommy Vercetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

Racing bars are different to LSC bars, long story short, just upgrade everything to max

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:38 PM

Racing bars are different to LSC bars, long story short, just upgrade everything to max

No, I mean if you put a turbo in the elegy, you can see the stat bar for acceleration up to the max.  But you still can tune it faster.

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:39 PM

No, I mean if you put a turbo in the elegy, you can see the stat bar for acceleration up to the max.  But you still can tune it faster.

Yes, because it's not at max. This has been covered in multiple threads.

Look at your stats in LSC, then look at them in a race.

ablockkid21
  • ablockkid21

GTA Lover

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

yea its something wrong like as in when you upgrade your car the only thing that really improving is the accerlation but when you race in that car it got totally different specs hopefully it get fixed

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

yea its something wrong like as in when you upgrade your car the only thing that really improving is the accerlation but when you race in that car it got totally different specs hopefully it get fixed

Oh, I see.  Well I hope they fix it so that the engine upgrades make the top speed faster, and the rest make the acceleration faster.  Oh, and they should add superchargers for muscle cars.

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

I have a feeling the mods do indeed change everything, but perhaps they are bugged and onlybthe accel moves

I say this as my Buccaneer can outrun my friends sultan rs on the highway like a champ. And before it was maxed, it was at the back of the pack.

Crookid
  • Crookid

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

My theory is that the mods improve the car in races only, but in free roam, only the acceleration is adjusted.

However, although a decent theory, my fully upgraded cars definitely track better, have better breaks and the top speed seems improved.

I was driving circles around another elegy in free roam.

/shrug

Kushedout510
  • Kushedout510

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

I think the reason the cars seem to have higher top speed when modded is because cars can't reach top speed without performance upgrades.

lRushdown
  • lRushdown

HERO

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:43 PM Edited by lRushdown, 25 October 2013 - 07:51 PM.

It's kinda hard to explain, but LSC (and pressing down on the d-pad) show your stats out of 5.  The real max is 10 (as shown in the races). 

And they're not shown as some kind of reduced fraction either.  ie If LSC shows that your accleration is 4/5, that does not mean that your true acceleration stat is 8/10, it means that it's 4/10.  If LSC shows your acceleration stat at 5/5, it could really be anything from 5/10 to 10/10 if you bought additional upgrades once the bar was maxxed (although I don't think anything reaches 10/10 even with full upgrades).  You need to check the races to see the real stats.

EDIT:  wait I've got it.  Think of it as measuring penises with a ruler.  Just because someone takes pictures that only show the 0-6" portion of the ruler, doesn't mean that maximum dick size is 6".  You need a picture of the whole ruler.

Deagy87
  • Deagy87

Apex Stalkers

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

i know for a fact that in races my entity is quicker than an elegy because of the race times.but strangely in free roam the elegy is quicker because i raced a guy across the map from the east los santos customs to the west end and i was ahead of him until about half way he blasted past me and i was maxed out

but to answer your question yes the stat bar is misleading

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:37 AM

i know for a fact that in races my entity is quicker than an elegy because of the race times.but strangely in free roam the elegy is quicker because i raced a guy across the map from the east los santos customs to the west end and i was ahead of him until about half way he blasted past me and i was maxed out

but to answer your question yes the stat bar is misleading

I also think that if you have catch up on, then the first car is a lot slower than if it's off, because I was in the lead with my elegy, and it didn't even accelerate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users