158 replies to this topic
PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

The Libertonian grandmaster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:07 AM

It's no longer to cool to hate on IV because it is now the old one. V is the new kid on the block and the one that is now cool to hate on because it is so popular in the mainstream. I have learned that some gamers are worse than hipster elitists and backpack rap fans in hating anything that is successful. SA had the luxury of coming out before gamer elitism got to the point it is today.

Wrong. Why do GTA 5 fanboys assume everyone who doesn't like V automatically hated on IV when it came out. I was amazed when IV came out, and I still think it outshines V in almost every single way. 

A lot did but there are also some IV fans who are starting to become just as bad as SA fans.

We'll never be as bad as those scum. ;)

ObiWan
  • ObiWan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:41 AM

Don't feed the troll, guys...

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:06 AM Edited by spamtackey, 27 October 2013 - 08:06 AM.

It's no longer to cool to hate on IV because it is now the old one. V is the new kid on the block and the one that is now cool to hate on because it is so popular in the mainstream. I have learned that some gamers are worse than hipster elitists and backpack rap fans in hating anything that is successful. SA had the luxury of coming out before gamer elitism got to the point it is today.

Wrong. Why do GTA 5 fanboys assume everyone who doesn't like V automatically hated on IV when it came out. I was amazed when IV came out, and I still think it outshines V in almost every single way. 

A lot did but there are also some IV fans who are starting to become just as bad as SA fans. R always switches things up with each new GTA but for some reason in the HD era it's sin to not make the exact same game twice.

GTA III:

Taxi

Vigilante

Paramedic

Firefighter 

Off-Road (collect the checkpoints)

Rampages 

Stunt Jumps

Import/Export

Story Missions

Phone Missions

Hidden Packages

Vice City

Taxi

Vigilante

Paramedic

FireFighter

Pizza Delivery

Off-Road

Rampages

Stunt Jumps

Import/Export

Asset Purchasing

Asset Missions

Races

Main Story

Phone Missions

100% bonuses 

Hidden Packages

Shooting Range

GTA SA:

Taxi

Paramedic

Vigilante

Firefighter

Courier (Pizza boy)

Freight

Burglary

Off-Road 

Chiliad Challenge

Gambling

Import/Export

Dating

Asset Purchasing

Asset Missions

Low Rider Competitions

Attack the Syndicate (Get the money as it leaves San Fierro or the guy selling the drugs)

Gang Wars

Shooting Range

Tags 

Oysters

Horseshoes

Photos

Schools

Character Stats and progression

Even more 100% bonuses

They suuuure mixed up these games so much. I mean, I can just feel how different they are. None of them brought back the stuff from the past while adding to it, no sir. 

• PkUnzipper likes this

Muse182
  • Muse182

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:12 AM

I feel like IV and V are just totally different in almost every way. It's nice though. If I feel like just messing around in free roam, I'll just go back to IV. Friendly Fire off and Police on was my favourite preference. Everyone hanging out at the airport racing up and down.

I feel like V offers a lot more though, in terms of things to do when you get bored. With IV, I'd maybe go on for an hour and have an amazing time, get a bit bored then go and do something else. With V, I never really get bored. I have a full garage and the 400k apartment yet I still find time to have endless fun. Whether it's in free-roam, missions or races. Admittedly, a lot of the cars I have are cheap and sh*t, I just wanted to see what a full garage would look and feel like. So I suppose I do have actual things to work towards, like nicer cars. Always need money for ammo too.

Definitely had some great times on IV, both SP and MP.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:23 AM

A lot did but there are also some IV fans who are starting to become just as bad as SA fans. R always switches things up with each new GTA but for some reason in the HD era it's sin to not make the exact same game twice.

GTA III:

Taxi

Vigilante

Paramedic

Firefighter 

Rampages 

Stunt Jumps

Import/Export

Story Missions

Phone Missions

Hidden Packages

Vice City

Taxi

Vigilante

Paramedic

FireFighter

Pizza Delivery

Off-Road

Rampages

Stunt Jumps

Import/Export

Asset Purchasing

Asset Missions

Races

Main Story

Phone Missions

100% bonuses 

Hidden Packages

Shooting Range

GTA SA:

Taxi

Paramedic

Vigilante

Firefighter

Courier (Pizza boy)

Freight

Burglary

Off-Road 

Chiliad Challenge

Gambling

Import/Export

Dating

Asset Purchasing

Asset Missions

Low Rider Competitions

Attack the Syndicate (Get the money as it leaves San Fierro or the guy selling the drugs)

Gang Wars

Shooting Range

Tags 

Oysters

Horseshoes

Photos

Schools

Even more 100% bonuses

They suuuure mixed up these games so much. I mean, I can just feel how different they are. None of them brought back the stuff from the past while adding to it, no sir. 

GTA III:

Taxi

Vigilante

Paramedic

Firefighter 

Rampages 

Stunt Jumps

Import/Export

Story Missions

Phone Missions

Hidden Packages

Vice City

Taxi

Vigilante

Paramedic

FireFighter

Pizza Delivery

Off-Road

Rampages

Stunt Jumps

Import/Export

Asset Purchasing

Asset Missions

Races

Main Story

Phone Missions

100% bonuses 

Hidden Packages

Shooting Range

GTA SA:

Taxi

Paramedic

Vigilante

Firefighter

Courier (Pizza boy)

Freight

Burglary

Off-Road 

Chiliad Challenge

Gambling

Import/Export

Dating

Asset Purchasing

Asset Missions

Low Rider Competitions

Gang Wars

Shooting Range

Tags 

Oysters

Horseshoes

Photos

Schools

Even more 100% bonuses

Of course the basics are the same but the feel of the game is different with each release and the driving has changed each time but V changed the driving from IV and people scream bloody murder.

Smackcat
  • Smackcat

Never Quit!

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

I could give a few more reasons, but that's all I wanna give. GTA V is a great game, 9/10 rating for me, it has a lot of good things to it. But GTA IV is a perfect 10/10, with a lot of GREAT things to it. That it all. Let's hope Rockstar steps it up a little with the inevitable Grand Theft Auto VI and makes it as good, if not better than GTA IV. 

wtf.gif

RockstarGROUPIE
  • RockstarGROUPIE

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

i had to sign in for the first time just to comment my opinion, seeing as everyone is :L i played gta 4 for years like most people here, but come on really 5 beats it all hands down, you just gotta explore the map the hugggeee map, im on my sencond playthrough and will straight away start again, and everything is easy to find like helicopters, go to the parachutes and shot the pilot :L theres one at least a mile away in any direction, ive found lods of places to go into and garages to hide from cops, and the cars have there own steering pretty much that is better then the same steering for all the cars and i love niko but trevor!!!! that guy shows true emotion during his cutsceens, best gta protag todate man !

roostersrule2
  • roostersrule2

I'm Batman

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

I like GTA IV but GTA V has it covered, in every aspect.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

i had to sign in for the first time just to comment my opinion, seeing as everyone is :L i played gta 4 for years like most people here, but come on really 5 beats it all hands down, you just gotta explore the map the hugggeee map, im on my sencond playthrough and will straight away start again, and everything is easy to find like helicopters, go to the parachutes and shot the pilot :L theres one at least a mile away in any direction, ive found lods of places to go into and garages to hide from cops, and the cars have there own steering pretty much that is better then the same steering for all the cars and i love niko but trevor!!!! that guy shows true emotion during his cutsceens, best gta protag todate man !

What a bullsh*t post. You think your thoughts are facts. We all have different opinions and I disagree with most of your points.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users