Three Reasons why I like Grand Theft Auto IV more than Grand Theft Aut

158 replies to this topic
BlackScout
  • BlackScout

A Ninja

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:39 AM

Hmmm, to be honest I have not enjoyed GTA 4. It is rather a good game. But I do not feel like playing straight for a long time, I feel that there isn't much things to do **I know there's bowling, comedy clubs and etc.. but I don't like these activities** and the map in my opinion has very similar places, since the GTA 5 has several different landscapes, it cheers me up a little more. Despite not having played much since I have no consoles "I played GTA V on XBOX of a friend," I feel that GTA 5 in my opinion entertains me more than the IV...
**I'm not saying which is better, just saying what makes me happier playing.**

DaTerror
  • DaTerror

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:40 AM

4 is better. 5 just offers a few things 4 was missing. What we saw here was R* turn into the same nickel n dime developers as everyone else anf pushed out a broken multiplayer with a sh*tty matchmaking system.

Heists, planes, and graphics are all 5 has over 4

DaTerror
  • DaTerror

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:41 AM

GTA IV and Red Dead... the two most overrated games of this gen. Al though I will admit, a lot of people didn't like IV. So maybe IV isn't so overrated.   But Spec Ops The Line is definitely the number one mot underrated game. Just thought I'd throw that in there. Goodbye

Go to the spec ops forums k bye

IGhostUlt
  • IGhostUlt

LSLKS

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:47 AM

It's funny how everyone used to hate IV and said the same negative things comparing SA and IV. Now suddenly everyone loves IV and praises it so much, while hating on V. I'll bet you when VI comes out people will be talking about how V is far superior and they loved that game all along. Some things will never change...

And your point is? I bet people were saying the same exact thing u did when gta iv came out if thats the case

Wug Shug
  • Wug Shug

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:51 AM

Dear Mr. OP, I have to say, in GTA Online, helicopters spawn in generally 3 areas. 

• Sandy Shores Airfield
  • Los Santos Internation Airport
  • And the dock place.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:05 AM

My problems with V Ragdoll Physics, THE DRIVING, and Online. (Nobody does jobs, and everyone just kills you for no reason)

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:17 AM

It's funny how everyone used to hate IV and said the same negative things comparing SA and IV. Now suddenly everyone loves IV and praises it so much, while hating on V. I'll bet you when VI comes out people will be talking about how V is far superior and they loved that game all along. Some things will never change...

This

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:22 AM

This

I never complained about GTA IV. Niko Bellic is my favorite character and should've came out V as the MAIN CHARACTER

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:34 AM

This

I've said IV is a good game in the past, but I never really liked it that much. Skydiving and planes replaced with bowling and darts. Sure, the core elements were there, but we're used to those by now. And V gave me pretty much everything I thought was missing from IV. Hell, I even got a small amusement park. I'm pretty happy with V.

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:41 AM

Btw helicopters is sp are on top of the impound building on the police station, on top of the hospitals, close to the marina, so not just the military base.

Foxhunt
  • Foxhunt

Highway To Hell

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:52 AM

At first, I thought V was better then IV. At this point, I think IV is better then V.

Grand Cannon
  • Grand Cannon

Everywhere and Nowhere

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:11 AM

Stores aren't the only interiors you can enter off mission in V but, they are a bitch to find. I found a bank-like building you can enter in LS, A laundromat ( I think), a Police Station, and a Fire House garage.

Still sucks you can't enter fast food places like in the previous IV. "Welcome to Burget Shot mofuucckkaa, Bonnapetit , mo'f*cka"

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:38 AM

I haven't played GTAV so I can't comment on that but GTAIV is a nearly perfect GTA game.

The most thing that really interested me is because of the story. It has a very strong and powerfull story, also serious

and it felt you really can focuse on it. It's like you are in the game participating the strong story, the past, the present and so on.

How the East-Europeans and Russians handles the situation. The story is the most feature that keeps me loving GTAIV.

I miss that game.

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:06 AM

OP if you're so obsessed with gta iv go play it and sell gta v or do whatever you want instead of talking here with your lame opinion.

Gta iv is not even close to Gta San Andreas.

I like gta iv but it's not better than gta v and san andreas.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:14 AM

I would've never believed that IV would even be close to V.....but it is. R* led ppl to believe that if they put a few badly redered animals in V that fans would be like: "Red Dead woo hoo!!" Then they purposely had Franklin driving a green car, that looked like it had hyraulics(hahahahahahahahahahahahaLOLOLOL) wearing green colors in many screens just so the ppl who liked Grove Street in San An would go wild. And they did. We see how that R* horsesh*t turned out. Then those cops in V..........those......f*cking super cops who ruin all the fun every time..........and that cougar..............

• PkUnzipper likes this

VolkXue
  • VolkXue

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:15 AM

GTA IV by itself?  Probably not.  However, when you take the complete package (GTA IV, GTA TLAD, and GTA TBOGT), then there's some competition.

^ Agreed.

Vatus
  • Vatus

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:19 AM Edited by Vatus, 25 October 2013 - 03:19 AM.

Well, people still don't like IV that much from other forums as well. Ppl still make fun of the reptitive missions and bowling. But I agree with you. I think this thing will become a cycle.

VolkXue
  • VolkXue

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:21 AM

I still hate 4, no worries lol..   I did enjoy the DLC packs, but the basic, drab, emo 4? No thanks..

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:34 AM

OP if you're so obsessed with gta iv go play it and sell gta v or do whatever you want instead of talking here with your lame opinion.

Gta iv is not even close to Gta San Andreas.

I like gta iv but it's not better than gta v and san andreas.

Ever heard of opinions ?

You should probably take a chill pill and relax man. I don't consider GTA IV to be near the scale and magnitude of San Andreas but if people have intelligent arguments to defend that, then I welcome them to.

PIOCapacitor
  • PIOCapacitor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:36 AM Edited by PIOCapacitor, 25 October 2013 - 03:41 AM.

I like 4, I'm only about halfway through it though. I admit I keep waiting for this awesome story I keep reading about. 

It's just the usual GTA stuff, Drive here, kill someone, steal the drugs, escape. 

Drive here, kill someone, escape. 

I know I haven't finished the whole story so I can't judge,..but so far barely anything is happening. Estella, (I think that was her name) shooting Manny and the Cameraman so far was the most interesting part. 

I'm getting anxious to be done with the game, it's repetitive and not all that fun. And I'm tired of Roman and everyone calling to hangout and do sh*t when I'm in the middle of doing other things, which gets a thumbs down when I turn them down. 

You're also ridiculously overpowered and the enemies are borderline retarded. Just take a shotgun or mp5 and you can just walk around mowing down 20 people at a time. It's easy. 

The cops are pretty stupid too. They seem to avoid collision so it's pretty easy to check them into walls and other cars right and left just by jerking the wheel to the side. Add to that you just drive to a pay and spray and you're golden and it's all pretty easy. 

The cops in 5 are pretty easy too. Just break line of sight, get out of the car, hide behind a bush or behind a dumpster down an alley, and a few seconds later you're fine. 

Or just drive to the mountains,....or if there's helicopters chasing drive into the windfarm and watch them f**k themselves up in the blades. 

5 is a hell of a lot of chaotic fun. 4 is starting to feel like a grind. I'm just not seeing the amazing story I kept reading about here (which is why I bought it.)

They're both good games,...different games with different feel. 

I think nostalgia colors a lot of peoples perceptions. 

My nostalgia is for Vice City, that was the one that really grabbed me. 

GTA 5 reminds me of Vice City so I tend to favor it I suppose. 

3, VC, SA, 4, 5,...they're all different,..but they're all sort of the same too. 

"Go here, kill someone, steal sh*t, drive away, ditch the cops."

....I guess that's the formula. 

...not complaining,..it's a fun formula. 

In terms of all out fun and freedom (and preferring the control scheme) 5 is probably my favorite. 

I'm never bored with 5, or looking for things to do. And it's visually exciting. 

Like someone else mentioned upthread, 4 is a bit depressing and there's a certain softness and blur to the game I can't seem to get rid of no matter how much I play with the settings. 

....and Orange,....there's a hell of a lot of Orange everywhere. ..is that supposed to be sunlight filtered through smog?  ...I don't get all the Orange. 

Maybe it was just a stylistic preference for that title, but I prefer the bright and clear air of GTA 5. And I found the missions much more interesting. 

Even one as simple as Michael getting the boat back with Franklin and Jimmy was more interesting and exciting then anything I'm seeing in GTA 4 so far. 

(the prison break in in TLaD was pretty cool,..again though,..way too easy.) 

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:39 AM

So what you're saying is that absolutely NO ONE enjoyed IV until V came out? Now EVERYONE loves IV and no one loves V?

Interesting.

Also i have questions...that logic doesn't sound stupid to you at all?

I mean, could it be just that the people who enjoyed IV (lord knows why but whatever) are just more vocal now?

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:01 AM

So what you're saying is that absolutely NO ONE enjoyed IV until V came out? Now EVERYONE loves IV and no one loves V?

Interesting.

I mean, could it be just that the people who enjoyed IV (lord knows why but whatever) are just more vocal now?

Well I loved GTA IV long before GTA V was even an idea on a piece of paper and still do now.

• Foxhunt likes this

Vatus
  • Vatus

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:07 AM

Well I loved GTA IV long before GTA V was even an idea on a piece of paper and still do now.

I'll probably post this on the GTA IV subject, but what is it you like about IV?

I always found the missions to be the dullness missions of all the GTA because it was too repetitive and heavily scripted. Lots of car chasing scenes with nothing you can to interfere with it except for chasing. There are also nothing to buy like Vice City, San Andreas, and GTA V. All of them you can buy properties/businesses, and in SA and GTA V you have way more features.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:12 AM

I'll probably post this on the GTA IV subject, but what is it you like about IV?

I always found the missions to be the dullness missions of all the GTA because it was too repetitive and heavily scripted. Lots of car chasing scenes with nothing you can to interfere with it except for chasing. There are also nothing to buy like Vice City, San Andreas, and GTA V. All of them you can buy properties/businesses, and in SA and GTA V you have way more features.

The way the city feels like a real environment. The sights, the sounds, Niko (of course). Most of the characters are just so entertaining to me. They're kinda lame in GTA V IMO.

I also like the side missions and activities too. I guess the missions are left for debate, but I've never felt they're all dull as people make them out. I like the gritty, hitman vibe of them actually.

undftd8
  • undftd8

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:15 AM Edited by undftd8, 25 October 2013 - 05:17 AM.

Storyline-IV
Missions-V
Map-V
Environment(in terms of peds)-IV
Easter Eggs-V (obviously)
Graphics-V
Environmental Structure(buildings and sht)-IV
Protagonist-IV NIKO BELLIC FTW
Driving-IV
Cars-V

A lot to compare but they are both GTA franchises. If you want to play IV go and play IV, you want V go play V. Either way R* still hoards money from us because of their magnificent games.

Foxhunt
  • Foxhunt

Highway To Hell

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:21 AM

Interesting.

Well said.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:34 AM

Storyline-IV
Missions-V
Map-V
Environment(in terms of peds)-IV
Easter Eggs-V (obviously)
Graphics-V
Environmental Structure(buildings and sht)-IV
Protagonist-IV NIKO BELLIC FTW
Driving-IV
Cars-V

A lot to compare but they are both GTA franchises. If you want to play IV go and play IV, you want V go play V. Either way R* still hoards money from us because of their magnificent games.

Environment (in terms of PvE and environment interaction)- V

Underwater exploration/larger immersive looking map - V

DP Man
  • DP Man

GH3††O ▲SS

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:41 AM

Four Leaf Clover was 100x better than any heist we got in GTA V.

There, I said it.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:48 AM

Four Leaf Clover was 100x better than any heist we got in GTA V.

There, I said it.

Don't be ashamed either. For a game built around heists the heists are unfortunately underwhelming IMO.

None of them have the raw intensity of Three Leaf Clover. Just thinking about the first time running through Chinatown with almost the entire police force breathing down Niko's neck, fighting hordes of cops through the streets and the subway with a slither of health praying you don't get clipped and having to start all over again.

• DP Man and AtomicPunk like this

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:52 AM

GTA IV > GTA V.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users