Three Reasons why I like Grand Theft Auto IV more than Grand Theft Aut

158 replies to this topic
fridaynightscream
  • fridaynightscream

Just an average gamer.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

GTA V is a great game, no doubt about it. I've played it almost everyday since Launch Day and I'm not bored of it yet, I doubt I ever will. But GTA IV blew me away at how good it was. Countless times when I was playing GTA IV, I was really enjoying myself and it was a lot of fun. GTA V? Well, it is enjoyable and fun. But the only time I've had a moment where I thought I was REALLY having fun in GTA V is when I was blowing up cars with a tank. Here are three reasons why I like GTA IV more than GTA V.

1. The Map- While GTA V does have the desert and countryside where you can go offroading for hours on end, the map of GTA IV felt more structured and detailed. I could walk around it for hours. The map of GTA V is pretty to look at, but it feels empty and rushed. The map of GTA IV feels a lot more real.

2. What's In The Map Itself- GTA IV had great enterable places. The only enterable places in GTA V are stores. GTA V needed more. And there were some really great places you could enter were you could hold off the cops (I'll get to the cops in GTA V later) forever. In multiple buildings I could get behind cover and just spay cops with bullets. How many places are there in GTA V where you can do this? ZERO. In GTA V, I went into an Ammu-Nation, killed the clerk, and took cover behind the counter away from cops, but I got killed within five minutes. In GTA IV, I could hide behind places for HOURS and not die. Also, in GTA IV, there were multiple places to get helicopters and other cool things. In GTA V, only one place on the edge of the map. Like I said, the map of GTA V looks pretty, but it's empty. It's like drinking chocolate milk and then finding out it's expired, or seeing a food that looks good but it tastes disgusting. The map of GTA V looks good, but it isn't. 

3. The Cops Are Too Damn Hard To Kill- The difficulty of the cops in GTA IV was perfect. They weren't too hard, but they weren't too easy either. In GTA V, the cops are the devil. Like I said, I get killed hiding behind cover too quickly. 

I could give a few more reasons, but that's all I wanna give. GTA V is a great game, 9/10 rating for me, it has a lot of good things to it. But GTA IV is a perfect 10/10, with a lot of GREAT things to it. That it all. Let's hope Rockstar steps it up a little with the inevitable Grand Theft Auto VI and makes it as good, if not better than GTA IV. 

• Deadly Target, IGhostUlt, russian hotman and 1 other like this

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

ok

• Itzreality and TJK319 like this

Immigration
  • Immigration

420 Warrior

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:31 PM

GTA V is definitely not 9/10. But i do agree IV>>>V , and i hated IV. 

• AtomicPunk and -inVADER- like this

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:33 PM

tldr;

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:34 PM

GTA IV by itself?  Probably not.  However, when you take the complete package (GTA IV, GTA TLAD, and GTA TBOGT), then there's some competition.

• baskerwil likes this

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

No, that's not a Paul Smith coat.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

tldr;

Then learn to read, you illiterate first grader.

• Street Mix, vivalavendredi, ten-a-penny and 2 others like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:38 PM Edited by StingrayX, 24 October 2013 - 08:49 PM.

tldr;

Get a f*cking life you supposed 33 year old. Pfft... :yawn:

Anyways OP, I feel you. GTA IV is my favorite Rockstar game at the moment because, I don't know, it just felt more - more complete. Yes, it had less content. Yes, it has lesser graphics than V -- which has more detail only in most areas(some areas are seriously lacking in the world though unfortunately) -- but it felt better at what it was trying to be.

I also have a feeling, this is just me, that IV was the last game with that signature, that magic GTA feeling. V just feels... it looks good but it just is lacking that feel that I had wanted. That puts a huge damper on the game for me know it is a GTA. My feeling on the mechanics are biased towards IV. I prefer it. V just felt less responsive in a few way. Climbing is sh*t in V, you cannot grab onto things anymore and the ragdoll physics were destroyed. If you slowly walk into a car you will somehow be throw around like you're made of something even weaker than paper. You cannot control how you fight, you cannot control your walking, jogging, sprinting speed unlike in IV -- I am just like, why did they throw away what was good from IV.

IV just felt better in my opinion. Little details were cared about in IV that were just thrown away in V. That GTA feeling is gone and I hate how such little features were just tossed. Feels rushed. Feels slapped together.
  • shadyslady, Ferocious Banger and PkUnzipper like this

TeCNeEk
  • TeCNeEk

GTA Legend

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

GTA V > GTA IV

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:42 PM Edited by ThroatSlasher2, 24 October 2013 - 08:45 PM.

I think the main problem with the cops in V is that their reaction speed is way too quick. Just yesterday, I was speeding through the highway in my Adder with Franklin. I dont know how I did it, but I got to 289 mph (465 km/h) and I had the cops on me. Just as I saw a cop car in the distance, I activated Franklin's special ability, now keep in mind I am driving at 465 km/h. When the cop car saw me from behind, it quickly turned to the right. I began to swerve left and right, trying to desorient the cops in front of me but it never seemed to. In what seems like only 1 second in slowmotions, I swerved probably 5 times and at the exact moment I was turning the steering wheel, so was the cop's car. They know what you're about to do BEFORE you do it. That's starting to being a far too pushy R*.

• NinjaWJ likes this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

Agreed 100%.

Even the stat progression in GTA IV is more organised.
  • SilverRST and Sting4S like this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:13 PM Edited by Official General, 24 October 2013 - 09:16 PM.

The only enterable places in GTA V are stores. Like I said, the map of GTA V looks pretty, but it's empty. It's like drinking chocolate milk and then finding out it's expired, or seeing a food that looks good but it tastes disgusting. The map of GTA V looks good, but it isn't. 

This is exactly how I feel. GTA V's map (especially Los Santos) looks amazing, the graphics and visual effects are simply stunning. But unfortunately, that's as much acclaim I can give it. Los Santos just feels a bit empty because there is not enough accessible interiors. You can only go in convenience store so much, and even then, most of the time the store was in empty. In GTA IV you saw a good number of people sitting down and eating in fast food restaurants and diners or standing around. 

• Sting4S likes this

ThinRedLine1981
  • ThinRedLine1981

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:18 PM Edited by ThinRedLine1981, 24 October 2013 - 09:19 PM.

I pretty much agree with everything. I had more fun playing IV. V really doesn't want you to have fun and go on rampages.

But yeah, we do have virtual nipples in V...

EDIT:

And yes, not enough interiors. I still can't believe they didn't put more. It was the next logical step. Only an idiot would not add more interiors.

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

- A good story mode

- Cops n crooks

- All of its multiplayer

• ThroatSlasher2 and annefrankthejew like this

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

The plane flight was much better t- oh wait.

annefrankthejew
  • annefrankthejew

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:45 PM

San Andres needs to be restored with modern graphics and physics
So much fun having car chases with flying cars. It made my childhood awesome

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:47 PM

Yeah IV is without Doubt better IMO i have already gone back to playing  IV. 

annefrankthejew
  • annefrankthejew

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

San Andres needs to be restored with modern graphics and physics
So much fun having car chases with flying cars. It made my childhood awesome

Vatus
  • Vatus

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:06 PM

3. The Cops Are Too Damn Hard To Kill- The difficulty of the cops in GTA IV was perfect. They weren't too hard, but they weren't too easy either. In GTA V, the cops are the devil. Like I said, I get killed hiding behind cover too quickly. 

I could give a few more reasons, but that's all I wanna give. GTA V is a great game, 9/10 rating for me, it has a lot of good things to it. But GTA IV is a perfect 10/10, with a lot of GREAT things to it. That it all. Let's hope Rockstar steps it up a little with the inevitable Grand Theft Auto VI and makes it as good, if not better than GTA IV. 

Really? I found it to be too easy to escape from them and easier to take them out. All you had to do was drive a block away, and wait like 10 seconds for them and the cops would give up. They usually give up away too easy. There was no challenge imo.

I really like the difficulty of the GTA V cops a lot better, but I find like they should balance the choice of weapons within the stars. I would rather the cops use nightsticks or tasers in star one. The helicopters shouldn't shoot at you in star 3, but in star 4. Star 4 and 5 are fine tho. And to balance it the difficulty of the cops, they should lower down the sensitivity of the cops being alerted as well.

Jinkla
  • Jinkla

Casablanket

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

tldr;

Is it? Ok i'll sum it up for you

1. Opinion

2. Opinion

3. Opinion

I hope this assisted yee.

Jinkla
  • Jinkla

Casablanket

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:30 PM Edited by Jinkla, 24 October 2013 - 11:31 PM.

OP, just what the f*ck do you think you're doing?

This a very repitive forum topic, that has little value. if you were to actually put forward a decent argument, then maybe we could get a good discussion out of your post. But all you've done is state your opinion. This isn't how forums work! you don't just start posting your ideology as a topic, It's not a f*cking blog! your post would be more suited for the review section. Post it there, and kindly f*ck yourself.

hflgk
  • hflgk

gtaforums.com

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:41 PM Edited by hflgk, 24 October 2013 - 11:50 PM.

In my opinion, V is better than IV.

V offers actual flight (besides just helicopters) and actual swimming (diving and actual interaction with the water). It also offers 3 protagonists which helps provide more depth.

Sure, IV offered more interiors, and possibly more shelter during gunfire to a certain degree, however going in pretty much empty, non-interactive buildings simply for shelter over and over again can become a bit boring over time.

The graphics presented in V are also superior to IV's, plus V offers more side activities and more customization capabilities.

The difference in mechanics (car control, etc.) really isn't dramatic enough to bother me personally.

I also find it quite fun and amusing. The dialogue (even post-story) and humor hidden throughout all aspects of the game is interesting to discover.

Oh, and I don't think the cops are that bad, actually. Remember it's a 5 star max, not 6. Plus I've read some users' comments claiming an instant star for carjacking and/or gunfire, but I can confirm that isn't always the case. Especially in the rural regions.

Also some users claim V is sparsely populated. There aren't enough pedestrians. Actually, I've counted at least 14-15 people plus 15-16 cars at one intersection on numerous occassions. It largely depends on the time of day/night as well.

IV isn't bad, but I think V is better.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:45 PM

The only enterable places in GTA V are stores. Like I said, the map of GTA V looks pretty, but it's empty. It's like drinking chocolate milk and then finding out it's expired, or seeing a food that looks good but it tastes disgusting. The map of GTA V looks good, but it isn't. 

This is exactly how I feel. GTA V's map (especially Los Santos) looks amazing, the graphics and visual effects are simply stunning. But unfortunately, that's as much acclaim I can give it. Los Santos just feels a bit empty because there is not enough accessible interiors. You can only go in convenience store so much, and even then, most of the time the store was in empty. In GTA IV you saw a good number of people sitting down and eating in fast food restaurants and diners or standing around. 

Going back to IV made me realise how much I under estimated this game. GTA IV feels more GTA imo. I instantly got reminded of all the times I went and did a massive shootout at a Burger Shot or inside the abandonned Sprunk Factory or even the 20 stories + building in which you kill Teddy Benavidez ( if I remember correctly ).

And to people who say its only been one month since V was released, every other GTA I played in my life ( III, VC, SA, LCS, IV, TLAD, TBOGT, you could count RDR ) had special, memorable moments in the first few weeks. V doesn't have that.

• PkUnzipper likes this

AlmightyHabbib
  • AlmightyHabbib

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:46 PM Edited by AlmightyHabbib, 24 October 2013 - 11:49 PM.

What you say is truth, but I don't think it has that big of an impact. For example, enterable buildings, the only time you'd go there in IV, maybe during a cop chase, you go in climb to the top and get shot or jump off, it's nothing magical, but I suspect the lack of interiors is in part because of the current-gen limitation, because unless you do a loading screen when entering a building or whatever, everything has to be rendered in player's proximity, and since the game has better graphics the load may be too much for optimal game performance on console, and that's why I think the city felt empty to some, not only because of the interiors, but more because there were less peds and traffic, less trees and other detail, that it was advertised in trailers.

IV was a good game, so is V, each have their own features, some shared some not, and I suppose that's where people find the problem, they want all the things from all previous GTA to be implemented in V, on Xbox360 and PS3, I mean come on, you should've realized before setting yourself on hype-train by the fire in one of the carriages, by a little hobbo-style fire, cooking canned beans and dreaming up unrealistic expectations from the game. Yup, the hype is almost always more fun, you get to use your imagination.

But, I must agree on the cops, it's good to have more aggressive cops on car chases, because those were absolute bore in GTAIV, but it is not particularly fun when you get shot down in 2 seconds. Rockstar need to do some more balancing on that thang

PlasmaFLOW
  • PlasmaFLOW

Oracle

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

People always have something to complain about...

IGhostUlt
  • IGhostUlt

LSLKS

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:01 AM

great post op agree with everything 

IGhostUlt
  • IGhostUlt

LSLKS

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:02 AM

People always have something to complain about...

bet u wouldnt say that if he said gta v is better than gta iv with terrible reasons instead

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:03 AM Edited by legend9090, 25 October 2013 - 12:04 AM.

Five Reasons why I like Grand Theft Auto V more then Grand Theft Auto IV:

1. Whenever I played GTA IV, I liked it. But it was so grey and depressing (I know it's supposed to be like that) but it never felt like a GTA game to me.

2. The countryside was missing from IV, you get bored of a concrete jungle after a while. 

3. GTA Vs graphics are next gen worthy, GTA IV was good for it's time and still looks beautiful today (apart from the depressing greyness of it all) but GTA V sh*t's on it graphics wise on so many levels.

4. The gameplay in IV never felt like a GTA game to me, it just felt..different.. but with GTA V it feels like a GTA game should feel like.

5. Better characters. GTA IV had memorable characters, (mainly little jacob, brucie, and packie) but every single person in GTA V is memorable, especially Trevor. He just kicks ass. 

• TJGM likes this

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Life's a game...don't take it so seriously

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:08 AM

It's funny how everyone used to hate IV and said the same negative things comparing SA and IV. Now suddenly everyone loves IV and praises it so much, while hating on V. I'll bet you when VI comes out people will be talking about how V is far superior and they loved that game all along. Some things will never change...

• Lucchese likes this

kastrenzo
  • kastrenzo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:10 AM

I had a more memorable experience, and was overall more surprised and impressed by 4, than 5.

After all, 4 didnt have broken microtransactions, and an overhyped online sect that was basically 1/3 of their game, fail from day 1.

Still waiting for that stimulus package,

and on that note,  still waiting for the frigging shark cards to open so I can cash the two $20 PSN cards that are non-returnable,  despite what the store clerk told me. 

• PkUnzipper likes this

fish61324
  • fish61324

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:31 AM

GTA IV and Red Dead... the two most overrated games of this gen. Al though I will admit, a lot of people didn't like IV. So maybe IV isn't so overrated.   But Spec Ops The Line is definitely the number one mot underrated game. Just thought I'd throw that in there. Goodbye

• BlackScout likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users