Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is it ok to be gay in a gaming community?

73 replies to this topic
na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• BUSTED!
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:31 AM

How are we (heterosexuals) flaunting our sexuality

volleyball.pngvolleyball.pngvolleyball.pngvolleyball.pngvolleyball.pngvolleyball.png

Stuff like this is all up in everyone's face when they play video games. I mean, there are a lot of games that don't have sexy women, but there are also a lot of games that do. Same with guys who have gamer tags like "getbitchesf*ckhoes4994" and people who hit on girls through the mic (And it does happen - http://www.youtube.c...h?v=nGBDtXqZeis - (forgive the retsupurae in the foreground, I'm not sure I can find the original video, especially if it's on one of machinima's channels.))

• Blastoise1994 likes this

Reaper Madness
  • Reaper Madness

Snitch

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:31 AM

Ahh. To bash a group to defend their own group. There's a lot of that too. Not surprised.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:33 AM

what kind of dumb question is this?

it's ok to be gay period.

it doesn't matter what community you're in.

• Frank Brown likes this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:34 AM Edited by lil weasel, 25 October 2013 - 03:37 AM.

How about "Skyrim"?

Now there is a game that allows for Homosexual Marriage. Yet, the games NPCs are for the most part Racists, but no homophobia there.

In what way does the homosexual affect the Forums, or the people on it? It reminds me of the 60s when ugly white women/girls were making out with negroes just to upset their parents. Now you can't view a TV show or Movie without it being a 'required' scene, just as the 'gay' token guy is required.

"Ische ga bibble?"

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:43 AM

How are we (heterosexuals) flaunting our sexuality

volleyball.pngvolleyball.pngvolleyball.pngvolleyball.pngvolleyball.pngvolleyball.png

Stuff like this is all up in everyone's face when they play video games. I mean, there are a lot of games that don't have sexy women, but there are also a lot of games that do. Same with guys who have gamer tags like "getbitchesf*ckhoes4994" and people who hit on girls through the mic (And it does happen - http://www.youtube.c...h?v=nGBDtXqZeis - (forgive the retsupurae in the foreground, I'm not sure I can find the original video, especially if it's on one of machinima's channels.))

Wait, sexy women is flaunting our sexuality? Are you telling me women can't be gay?

I know, I'm nitpicking, the best example would've been GTA 5's strippers, honestly. Or the prostitutes. You're right, some heterosexuals do "flaunt" their sexuality.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:47 AM

Now you can't view a TV show or Movie without it being a 'required' scene, just as the 'gay' token guy is required.

what?

I disagree.

there are MANY, MANY movies and TV shows that have nothing to do with homosexuality or gay characters or gay lifestyle or gay anything.

homosexuality is finally becoming accepted (as it should be) but just because we have some Queer Eye for the Straight Guy shows doesn't mean it's suddenly everywhere. pop culture is certainly more gay friendly but the VAST majority of popular media is still VERY heterosexual.

do I really have to remind you??

Miley-Cyrus-performance-at-MTV-VMA-2013-

Nonpareil1983
  • Nonpareil1983

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:52 AM

I don't have any problem with gay people. Most gamers don't, a lot of gamers just call someone a "fa**ot" or a "queer" because it's a popular insult in our culture today, they don't even think about how it could bother someone. Especially since it's the internet where most people say whatever the hell they feel like saying.

tokyocean
  • tokyocean

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:56 AM

It's okay to be gay in any community.

• Tyler likes this

Irviding
  • Irviding

he's going to get into the ring and put boots to asses

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:57 AM

most people are fine with it, thing is there's a lot of 12-14 year olds here floating around in the V forum.. if you can learn to silence them like the rest of us can, then a gay person should be fine around here.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:03 AM

For reference:

http://en.wikipedia....ision_and_radio

http://en.wikipedia....LGBT_characters

http://en.wikipedia....LGBT_characters

http://en.wikipedia....g_LGBT_subjects

To inject some humour here:

Spoiler

Again, I say Ische ga bibble?

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:32 AM

nothing that you have shown here refutes my point.

homosexual themes in the media are still the minority.

the VAST majority of popular media today still deals exclusively with heterosexuality. just because you can find a list of homosexual characters doesn't change the fact that they're severely outnumbered by heterosexual characters.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:24 AM

I don't think it's really all that bad that there are less LGBT characters or etc. in media; I think anyone should be able to create anything that they want in any form of media without the fear of being censored and I hate that groups like feminism are out to try to make games and tv shows PC.  They need to get lost.  My point is just that these people who are annoyed by others who are open about their sexuality are hypocritical and often times don't even realize it.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:05 AM Edited by finn4life, 25 October 2013 - 06:08 AM.

"Gay" is just a colloquial term, others have elaborated so I probably don't need to.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:48 AM

"Is it ok to be gay in a gaming community?"

Does it matter?

Unless someone stresses the point, would anyone know?

And, why should anyone need to ask?

The title sounds like someone is asking permission.

Who has the power to deny the request?

I say, NO. Then again, YES, or maybe...

Why should I worry? If GOD made a mistake, would you call him on it?

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:57 AM

and how would anyone find out your gay? don't tell them if your insecure about it, if your mature about it no-one will care.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:06 AM

I would think it is... except not on this one. LOL! I have in fact come across a few gaming forums setup either for or by the gay community. 

surgeongirl
  • surgeongirl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:14 PM Edited by Otter, 25 October 2013 - 04:46 PM.

This all discussion if seen by the future human he/she  will laugh. The statement is self contradictory .but this is what I read

and y are not dissimilar . In fact they are so similar that y is called x with missing leg. If that is correct then there remain no difference in blue print . if blue print is same how can the structure erected on the basis of this can be different. Only difference must be in arrangement and for a capable mind that is no difference at all . so to say man is just the woman with clitoris enlarged as penis. Vagina stitched to be scrotum and ovaries dropped down from the tummy as testis........(Ref-man is the extension of woman)

If you're going to be insane, please do so in a smaller font, thanks - Otter

Brown Sugar
  • Brown Sugar

Gangsta

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

There's nothing wrong with somebody telling you they're gay, I don't get the whole thing with people not liking gay people who "shove it in your face" that just seems to me like a way of getting away with saying you don't like gay people. There's a difference between people who mention their sexuality commonly and people who use it as an entitlement, those are the ones that annoy me.

There is. No one cares. Be gay, straight, bi, etc. just don't tell me unless it's brought up. If I hit on you and you say, "I'm a lesbian." that is perfectly fine, but there's no reason to bring it up out of the blue.

If you don't have a problem with people being gay I don't see why you should be so bothered by them bringing it up out of the blue. How do you know there's no reason for it? Some people may bring it up randomly as a way of feeling more comfortable around new people. People are more tolerant towards gays now in general but they used to get a lot of sh*t for their sexuality, and there are still people who are prejudice towards them. If a gay person brings up their sexuality without being asked it could just be to make sure the people they are talking to don't have a problem with it or because they feel insecure and are more comfortable when people know for sure.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

There's nothing wrong with somebody telling you they're gay, I don't get the whole thing with people not liking gay people who "shove it in your face" that just seems to me like a way of getting away with saying you don't like gay people. There's a difference between people who mention their sexuality commonly and people who use it as an entitlement, those are the ones that annoy me.

There is. No one cares. Be gay, straight, bi, etc. just don't tell me unless it's brought up. If I hit on you and you say, "I'm a lesbian." that is perfectly fine, but there's no reason to bring it up out of the blue.

If you don't have a problem with people being gay I don't see why you should be so bothered by them bringing it up out of the blue. How do you know there's no reason for it? Some people may bring it up randomly as a way of feeling more comfortable around new people. People are more tolerant towards gays now in general but they used to get a lot of sh*t for their sexuality, and there are still people who are prejudice towards them. If a gay person brings up their sexuality without being asked it could just be to make sure the people they are talking to don't have a problem with it or because they feel insecure and are more comfortable when people know for sure.

Why bring it up, then? I'm nice to anyone who's nice to me, I have no problem with gay, lesbian, or transgender people. Why do you care if someone's okay with it? It's your sexuality, f*ck everyone else. If I don't ask I don't want to hear about it. What's the problem with that?

Brown Sugar
  • Brown Sugar

Gangsta

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

Why bring it up, then? I'm nice to anyone who's nice to me, I have no problem with gay, lesbian, or transgender people. Why do you care if someone's okay with it? It's your sexuality, f*ck everyone else. If I don't ask I don't want to hear about it. What's the problem with that?

I just don't see why it would bother you so much, unless it makes you feel uncomfortable in which case you probably do have a problem with gays. If somebody says they're gay I'm not going to get all agitated by it.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:14 PM Edited by Vlynor, 25 October 2013 - 06:14 PM.

I just don't see why it would bother you so much, unless it makes you feel uncomfortable in which case you probably do have a problem with gays. If somebody says they're gay I'm not going to get all agitated by it.

I don't get agitated. I'm not homophobic. It's your life, do what you want, sleep with who you want. I have the same philosophy towards drugs and alcohol. I'm just curious as to why it's necessary to bring up your sexuality if it's not asked?

Brown Sugar
  • Brown Sugar

Gangsta

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:07 PM

It seemed like it agitated you based on your original post in this topic.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

It seemed like it agitated you based on your original post in this topic.

I have nothing against gays, I have a problem with people who find it necessary to throw their life story out there when I'm playing with them. If I'm talking to you about automobiles and you bring up your sexuality, I have a problem.

I have a problem when someone brings something up out of nowhere or brings up their sexuality in a conversation that's not related to that at all, yes, but I have nothing against people who are gay, straight, bi, transgender, etc.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:49 PM

Let's have a gay section.

• theadmiral likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

Can we add a coloured section too?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:10 PM

and possibly a pink section.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:31 AM

What about a gay colored section? Or a colored gay section? Although I have no idea how you would color someone gay.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:18 AM

What about a gay colored section? Or a colored gay section? Although I have no idea how you would color someone gay.

Rainbow crayons.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:41 AM

OP, are you serious?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

Really, who should care. It's not like a 'Gay' person is prancing around with that silly language tone that the flamers use. Who would notice? Is there some text or grammar form that would identify a person's persuasion? Only a person who wants to announce it would be identified. And, again, who should really care?

"God's Mistake?"

"A Choice?"

"A Genetic Defect?"

"A normal, and repeated act of nature (even among the other animals and bugs?"

It is what it is. Why should we worry?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users