Photo

Intention vs. Reality?

9 replies to this topic
Celtics
  • Celtics

Montreality.

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

You know that feeling when you want to clean your room badly for no f*cking reason at all... At first the motivation is like crazy, but at the end you're just throwing stuff away because you've been doing this sh*t for the last 5 hours and at the end you don't really give a sh*t. Do you think R* did the same thing with GTA V? The game is good no doubt, of course it's going to be the GOTY, I mean it's GTA... But there was a lot of things missing.

The ghettos are so f*cking nice but unrealistic... 25 guys shooting at me for stealing a BMX, really? Oh and where's my 200 000$ SP apartment from the gameplay trailer? And could you please tell me guys where can I buy the Yacht that I've seen on 432809 screens before the release? Oh,also, can you explain me why when I'm walking around Chamberlain some green guys wants to pop for no reason? And can you please explain me why the cops are still shooting at me at 1 star when I'm running around with no weapon? You guys know I could keep it up for hours but it's pissing me off because I thought they invested 265 000 000$ in this game, right?

GTA V project. (2008)

5826192008.png

GTA V result. (2013)

5971262013.png

Toy Story is a great movie by the way... Don't hate me because I picked that picture.

• saintsrow and pilscy like this

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

Completely understand where you're coming from. I think a lot of it boils down to overhyping a game within the gaming community. I am still being amazed in the single player free roam on a daily basis. But of course it isn't close to the insane expectations people make up in their minds.

GTA V would have me giving a 10/10 if they didn't manage to f*ck up a few features that were already there in 4. Features like tap vehicle enter/exit key to leave engine on. Buying food from street vendors. Interiors for fast food restaurants and other various locations.
  • pilscy likes this

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

its like instead of rockstar combine all the good features and put them in the game, they select a few

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

In the wise words of yahtzee: "Reality will always disappoint when compared to the things we can imagine. Because everything I imagine has a set of massive tits that lactate creamed rice".

• Sweettooth187 and wackyweed like this

Sweettooth187
  • Sweettooth187

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:31 PM

Exactly. Wake up. More often than not, reality IS a disappointment.

Celtics
  • Celtics

Montreality.

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

I understand what you guys mean but I'm talking about small details here... I'm not saying:

'' F*CK YOU COCKSTAR, I WANTED 5 CITIES... ONY LOS SANTOS? f*ck, I WANTED LOS SANTOS, VICE CITY, LIBERTY CITY (It's already created fools, just copy/paste the damn map!!!), LONDON AND ALSO MONTREAL! GAME IS A HUGEEE DISSAPOINTEMENT ''

As a objective fan I just don't understand why they don't put simple things in the game like they used to... The AI is also pissing me off, where's the improvement? If improvement mean getting a wanted level for jumping out of a airplain then I must be off the f*cking track.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:22 PM

I understand what you guys mean but I'm talking about small details here... I'm not saying:

'' F*CK YOU COCKSTAR, I WANTED 5 CITIES... ONY LOS SANTOS? f*ck, I WANTED LOS SANTOS, VICE CITY, LIBERTY CITY (It's already created fools, just copy/paste the damn map!!!), LONDON AND ALSO MONTREAL! GAME IS A HUGEEE DISSAPOINTEMENT ''

As a objective fan I just don't understand why they don't put simple things in the game like they used to... The AI is also pissing me off, where's the improvement? If improvement mean getting a wanted level for jumping out of a airplain then I must be off the f*cking track.

I don't think I am dissapointed by V because I hyped it up in my own crazy little mind but because Rockstar made it seem like it was going to be a fantastic, revolutionnary, video game and ... meh. It's good. I give it a 7.5/10. But I was expecting it to be more in depth with what it is.

P.S: I lol'd at Montreal. Vive le Québec !

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

:^: :^: I agree with OP, great analogy. 

At least the art team kept at it, and created a beautiful virtual world.  Looks like the game designers and story writers got tired.  :rol:

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

I can't help but think that rockstar lost the plot towards the end of development, I genuinely think that rockstar got caught up and lost themselves in development, they didn't know where they wanted GTA to go. GTAV to me is a could've of been game, it could have been so much more.

• theGTAking101 likes this

Smackcat
  • Smackcat

Never Quit!

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:57 AM

..Because everything I imagine has a set of massive tits that lactate creamed rice".

OH-prah.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users