Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyone else think bounty needs a buff?

49 replies to this topic

Poll: Bounty patch? (112 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think bounty should be patched for how much money you get if you survive?

1. bounty should make you lose $500 every time you are in your house, but still have the same bounty for other players? (8 votes [6.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

2. It should not allow you to win the bounty on yourself. (9 votes [7.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.50%

3. Stay the same (32 votes [26.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

4. If you are in your house, the bounty time freezes until you come out. (71 votes [59.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 59.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

Who's the real noob here? The one who collected the bounty or the one who put it on another player? :/

If you wanted them dead that bad you should have just killed them.

Eradicate
  • Eradicate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

Who's the real noob here? The one who collected the bounty or the one who put it on another player? :/

I think that covers it pretty well. Giving them money on top of them kicking your ass leaves only yourself to blame.

Jvalor
  • Jvalor

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:47 PM

Recommended bounty changes.
-Bounties travel with the player into whatever mode and can be claimed by any player in the new mode.
-low bounties can be bought off.
-1000 to 10,000 bounties last 24 game hours.
-10,000 to 50,000 bounties last 48 hours.
-50,000 to 100,000 bounties last 4 days.
-100,000 to 500,000 lasts 1 week.
-passive mode, apartments and stores pause the bounty cool-down or slow it.
-players can set bounties on self.

$500,000 bounties? That last a week? I want some of what you are on.
  • GamerPatriot likes this

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

Should freeze in your apartment or you should pay a fine to change sessions (just like paying to go to a mission if you have wanted level).

If a bounty gives me a good, fun, exciting chase. I'll just give the player the bounty money so he'll hopefully continue to play that way. 

Had a guy blasting through city streets on a motorcycle when I was in chase with a Buzzard. Took around 15 minutes and I finally got contact with a shoot-way-in-front-of-him missle. I gave him the bounty amount because I had enough fun just chasing him down. 

FJack
  • FJack

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:12 AM

Bounties should be multiplied by the amount of stars the bounty has when killed. That way makes the bounty want to stay hidden or stealthy. Also maybe a small bonus for killing bounties that were recently in the bad sport servers, just to give them more reason to play nice or risk being hunted for good money.

D_Marco
  • D_Marco

The Anti-Theist

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

The bounty system does indeed need a revamp.

Heck I stole a smack heads van and he sends me txt as if he was grew up in Grove Street and his name was Lamar.

I digress.

Here's what I think;

Bounties should be placed on the heads of bad sports and bad sport lobbies should be removed. Boom, 2 birds with 1 stone.

everydaynormalguy
  • everydaynormalguy

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:59 AM

The bounty system is dumb, it limits the amount of the bounty which is retarded as sh*t.   If somebody really pissed you off you should be able to put a 50k bounty on someone.

But then on the next flaw.. who the f*ck cares? if i get killed i only lose 500, I wont lose any of my cars.. wont lose  more then 100 of onhand money and i wont lose any bank money.. honestly You spend 9k to put a bounty on me I get killed and only lose 500.. while you're still out 9k lol.  I think I still win.   

they set this game up for boring people and little kids, theres no risk with anything in the game and only minor reward .

ripit2011
  • ripit2011

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:14 AM

If I'm playing with friends or crew I just let them kill mentor the money. If I'm by myself I just sit in my appt go take a dump, go have a smoke, or watch the police chases on the TV. Placing bounties on someone is a waste of money in my opinion.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

I think that covers it pretty well. Giving them money on top of them kicking your ass leaves only yourself to blame.

But that is the whole reason for the bounty system.  To have them killed.

Deagy87
  • Deagy87

Apex Stalkers

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

Anyone that has 48 minutes to sit in their apartment to get the few dollars that goes into a bounty really needs to reassess their lives. If I'm online 48 minutes I'm not going to waste it doing that. You could make that up in 20 minutes robbing stores. Sheesh. 

or you could just do a race and make that in 2 minutes

robbing stores is a complete waste of time it was only handy when you first start the game

Born_Homicidal
  • Born_Homicidal

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

if someone puts a bounty on my head for no apparent reason I just either hop to a private server and go afk, or go to my apartment and go afk (afk meaning I go do something else off my 360 while I lose the bounty), that way I give a big f*ck you to the random who decided to donate cash to me, and I didn't waste any time since I completely left the game

Luftwaffle
  • Luftwaffle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

Even if it was a 9k bounty I says it's worth it if it keeps the guy I put it on out of the game for 48 mins.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

if someone puts a bounty on my head for no apparent reason I just either hop to a private server and go afk, or go to my apartment and go afk (afk meaning I go do something else off my 360 while I lose the bounty), that way I give a big f*ck you to the random who decided to donate cash to me, and I didn't waste any time since I completely left the game

But won't it kick you from the game?  Because it does that when you are in a public server, idk about private.

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

People who choose to hide in the safe house should be allowed to do so without penalty. The reality is, their house has basically become a jail and they're serving their time. I think if you spend the majority in your house though the person who placed the bounty on your head should have the money returned to them.

THIS.

I look at it the same way. I was killed last night while driving into my garage to save my car mods. I was pissed, just wanted to save my game and some asshole sticky bombs me and my car.

I put a bounty on his head. He ran straight home to JAIL. The guy did not come out and bother anyone else for the rest of my session.

I basically paid to get the asshole out of Free Roam for 48 min.
love it!!

Tymerc
  • Tymerc

Dark Souls 2 Beta Tester

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:26 AM Edited by Tymerc, 26 October 2013 - 04:32 AM.

It's not called a safehouse for nothing. Whenever I go to my house, bounty or no bounty, I simply watch other players on my tv, which can be quite amusing. Especially in the case that you do have a bounty. You can watch all the fail bounty hunters set up sticky bombs, ring your apartment and run off screen via your camera. In other words, it's not like people are sitting in their for 48 minutes staring at their virtual walls. You can have fun watching others too. I do support the whole "time stops when you're in there" thing, though.

I also agree with the people saying they do it because an npc placed a bounty on them. That is bs and I would go to my place too. Also, not everyone wants to fight. Passive mode can protect you, yes, but you can still be killed by things like being ran over. I have also seen a passive bountied player which I imagine they had prior to their bounty since you cannot turn passive mode on once you have it.

TeCNeEk
  • TeCNeEk

GTA Legend

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:29 AM

Realistically though, if someone had a bounty on you, wouldn't you hide at your house? Who would be out riding around with a big target on their back.

businessman_with_target_on_back_700-0015

Tymerc
  • Tymerc

Dark Souls 2 Beta Tester

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:46 AM

Well said, TeC. Also, patience is a must for any hunter. It's also not fun when it's easy. It seems the majority of the players lack both patience, and logic.

Garrison64
  • Garrison64

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:58 AM

What a lot of you don't seem to realize is that it's just as easy to switch to an invite only server and do the time that way. You can run around in the game world, steal and sale cars, rob stores, work on leveling stats, shop for clothes, mess around with the cops, or any number of things totally unhindered by other players and still collect the bounty. The guys sitting in their homes for 48 mins probably don't realize this either and are pretty dumb for wasting time just sitting there doing nothing. 

Tymerc
  • Tymerc

Dark Souls 2 Beta Tester

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:05 AM Edited by Tymerc, 26 October 2013 - 05:13 AM.

That's another good point, Garrison. But most don't seem to realize that logical way out either. 

Honestly, it just seems like people complain for the sake of complaining nowadays. I think it's perfectly okay for someone to sit in their apartment for the reasons listed above in mine and other people's posts. It's also okay to go do an invite/crew/solo session too to escape it. Not everyone wants to fight other players, and sometimes npc bounties are just a plain nuisance. It's also lame when you get a bounty from a random player for no reason. I can understand it if you stole their car or killed them, but when it's for no reason aside from trying to ruin someone's experience by forcing them to deal with players/pvp, I can completely understand hiding in your property.

Passive mode doesn't give complete immunity like I stated earlier, so that's out of the question for escaping bounties.

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:16 AM

I just let a crew member claim the bounty..
We both win yet the other guy loses.
:)

I don't like that

Usually I'll send merc at kids who do that

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users