Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyone else think bounty needs a buff?

49 replies to this topic

Poll: Bounty patch? (112 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think bounty should be patched for how much money you get if you survive?

1. bounty should make you lose $500 every time you are in your house, but still have the same bounty for other players? (8 votes [6.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

2. It should not allow you to win the bounty on yourself. (9 votes [7.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.50%

3. Stay the same (32 votes [26.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

4. If you are in your house, the bounty time freezes until you come out. (71 votes [59.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 59.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote
darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

Now yesterday I put a 7k bounty on someone.  So he just goes and sits in his house for 48 minutes.  Now idk if he was just a straight pussy, or was so broke that he needed 7k for something.  But does anyone think that you shouldn't get the bounty another player puts on you?  Or rockstar could just make it so you lose $500 every 5 minutes you are in your house.  That way you would have to get out and survive.  But I still won, because he lost 48 minutes of his life trying to get 7k while I can do one race and get 7k easily.  What a noob.

• Upton likes this

cayler
  • cayler

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

Agreed, should not have money for hiding in apartment, another player or NPC bounty placed regardless.

Personally I have fun avoiding hunters and give credit to these who can finally get me (if so).

Had a few really god fights and air fights that way.

/Tuomaz
  • /Tuomaz

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

No! Definitely not.

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

Anyone that has 48 minutes to sit in their apartment to get the few dollars that goes into a bounty really needs to reassess their lives. If I'm online 48 minutes I'm not going to waste it doing that. You could make that up in 20 minutes robbing stores. Sheesh. 

bobblunderbust
  • bobblunderbust

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

who_cares.gif?1320322263

• Courtesy Flush George and atomicmask like this

Terp 31
  • Terp 31

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

I agree with making the timer freeze while they are in the apartment. Think its dumb when i can't hunt a bounty on some guy sitting in his garage or his apartment for a 5k bounty

Boogieroc
  • Boogieroc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

That's the point of buying a safe house. I agree that waiting in the apartment is cheap and a bitch move, but that's the point of a safe house.

TheBeautifulGame
  • TheBeautifulGame

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

Now yesterday I put a 7k bounty on someone.  So he just goes and sits in his house for 48 minutes.  Now idk if he was just a straight pussy, or was so broke that he needed 7k for something.  But does anyone think that you shouldn't get the bounty another player puts on you?  Or rockstar could just make it so you lose $500 every 5 minutes you are in your house.  That way you would have to get out and survive.  But I still won, because he lost 48 minutes of his life trying to get 7k while I can do one race and get 7k easily.  What a noob.

Don't you get a trophy/achievement for surviving a bounty? May be thats why he did it and not for the 7k?

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:05 PM Edited by GraniteDevil, 24 October 2013 - 05:06 PM.

There's so much wrong with your post.  Here's your itemized list of fail:

1. you put a bounty on someone

2. you cry that he hid in his apartment

3. you think people should be further penalized for having bounties on them

4. you think you have the solution to a problem that doesn't exist

5. you think you "won"

6. you think he "lost"

7. you used the word "noob"

The system should stay the same.

• NoMeansYes likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

The problem here is that you can put a bounty on anyone for any reason, so i'm afraid I respectfully disagree.

If the system was something like, you can only put a bounty on someone who has killed you 3 times in a row or something, then I might agree.

Kulgrim
  • Kulgrim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

S/he spent more money on that safehouse then the bounty you placed on his/her head cost. So yea, I think he should be able to hide in his safehouse till it expires if s/he wants.

one_-AFRO-_three
  • one_-AFRO-_three

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

I just let a crew member claim the bounty..
We both win yet the other guy loses.
:)

Matticus88
  • Matticus88

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

I voted for the bottom option, but expand that to ANY place where you can't get killed for the bounty. shops, lsc etc.

petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

the problem is ... there is no problem stop being bad lol

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

The Bounty-timer could Freeze when you are in your apartment :)

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

People who choose to hide in the safe house should be allowed to do so without penalty. The reality is, their house has basically become a jail and they're serving their time. I think if you spend the majority in your house though the person who placed the bounty on your head should have the money returned to them.

• NoMeansYes likes this

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

the problem is ... there is no problem stop being bad lol

I'll just stop...

(•_•) 
( •_•)>⌐■-■ 
(⌐■_■)

... Breaking Bad.

gnad1992
  • gnad1992

f*ck off

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:24 PM

who_cares.gif?1320322263

Eradicate
  • Eradicate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

The problem here is that you can put a bounty on anyone for any reason, so i'm afraid I respectfully disagree.

If the system was something like, you can only put a bounty on someone who has killed you 3 times in a row or something, then I might agree.

Agreed. This whole thing is more like a complaint that you can't ruin other people's gameplay enough.

• theadmiral likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

Agreed. This whole thing is more like a complaint that you can't ruin other people's gameplay enough.

Exactly! Even if the OP did not intend that, if you implemented this system, there are enough people in GTAO that would use it for no reason other than to irritate people.

Masher8559
  • Masher8559

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

Nope, rich glitchers are randomly putting high bounties on me and so i go home for a nice cup of tea to claim my money. Cheers. 

• NoMeansYes likes this

AcuRaw
  • AcuRaw

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

People who choose to hide in the safe house should be allowed to do so without penalty. The reality is, their house has basically become a jail and they're serving their time. I think if you spend the majority in your house though the person who placed the bounty on your head should have the money returned to them.

THIS.

I look at it the same way. I was killed last night while driving into my garage to save my car mods. I was pissed, just wanted to save my game and some asshole sticky bombs me and my car.

I put a bounty on his head. He ran straight home to JAIL. The guy did not come out and bother anyone else for the rest of my session.

I basically paid to get the asshole out of Free Roam for 48 min.

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

I like my beer like I like my violence: imported.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:38 PM Edited by the7ftmidget, 24 October 2013 - 05:40 PM.

Dont be sore losers. If you put a bounty on someone and they manage to outsmart you and keep the money, then tough! Dont be putting bounties on people, its a waste of money and shows that u gave up trying to kill someone on your own after probably getting killed multiple times by the person u set a bounty on. Setting a bounty on people makes you as much a pu$$y as the person hiding till the bounty comes off.

I eithers stay in the aprtment if i have the time to waste, or will call a crewmate or friend to kill me and give me the money so i can take away the chance to give the satisfaction of killing from the bounty setter. Haters gona hate.

GamerPatriot
  • GamerPatriot

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

Keep it the same!! Heck I don't even have a apartment and I survive. I just get in a chopper and fly around for 48mins. 

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

Recommended bounty changes.

-Bounties travel with the player into whatever mode and can be claimed by any player in the new mode.
-low bounties can be bought off.
-1000 to 10,000 bounties last 24 game hours.
-10,000 to 50,000 bounties last 48 hours.
-50,000 to 100,000 bounties last 4 days.
-100,000 to 500,000 lasts 1 week.
-passive mode, apartments and stores pause the bounty cool-down or slow it.
-players can set bounties on self.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:16 PM

He did destroy my car, so I wanted revenge, but he just kept killing me over and over, so I put a bounty on him.

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

For bounties, it's simple:

If you're in your apartment or in a private server, the bounty timer shouldn't count down.

• Ertrick36 likes this

Areacode8O8
  • Areacode8O8

Phuken Ninja

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:29 PM

If he's going to sit in his apartment till his bounty is up he's already lost. It's the guys that leave the game that should be penalized.

Knight.
  • Knight.

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:34 PM

In my opinion this whole bounty thing is stupid. When I get a bounty I just make sure not to have $ on me and keep playing until someone kills me or I get a chopper and mess around for a bit.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

I love getting bounties on me. I go into store robbery mode for a while, earn 10-50k that way, then 1-9k for outliving the bounty. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users