Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is it just me or do all the mics on the PS3 suck?

53 replies to this topic
CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:07 PM Edited by creaper210, 24 October 2013 - 11:31 PM.

I have both consoles, plus I game on PC, and yes PS3 is by far the worst of all of them when it comes to voice chat.

Peoples voices sound like they're talking through a static radio, and you can hear all the crap that is going on in the background, as described in the OP.

And I've used numerous different headsets. I used the Sony brand headset that came out within the first year of the PS3's release. That was easily the worst headset I've ever used in my entire life of gaming. Then I've used two different turtle beach headsets, the sound from the game is fine, but when other people talk... it's god awful.

I use the same turtle beach on my Xbox 360 and while people may not sound exactly like they do in real life, at least their voice is very clear and clean.

Most PC games OR while using Skype, is crystal clear and easily the best voice chat I've ever experienced. And Xbox One uses the same system, and they've showed demo videos of it in action and it sounds amazing.

Tantrix
  • Tantrix

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:12 PM Edited by Tantrix, 24 October 2013 - 10:12 PM.

Most PC games OR while using Skype, is crystal clear and easily the best voice chat I've ever experiences. And Xbox One uses the same system, and they've showed demo videos of it in action and it sounds amazing.

Yeah, except the PS4 smokes the Xbox (once again) at actual gaming.

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:14 PM

I have Turtle beaches and everyone's mic sounds fine, except for the occasional loud, overzealous negro of course

karmaman1010
  • karmaman1010

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:26 PM Edited by karmaman1010, 24 October 2013 - 10:28 PM.

I wish more people would spend some money on decent headsets. I have the Pulse Elite ($130) and the Astros A50 ($300). Why can't others have the same...or at least similar in quality? :(

MackRotten
  • MackRotten

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

I use Turtlebeach PX21's, sound quality is amazing on both ends.

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

I wish more people would spend some money on decent headsets. I have the Pulse Elite ($130) and the Astros A50 ($300). Why can't others have the same...or at least similar in quality? :(

Not every one has the money, or have other priorities. I rip on my friend all the time for using the sh*te bluetooth that I gave him a year ago. He wants to get a decent headset, but he's got a kid to look after and a car to keep on the road.

Yakito
  • Yakito

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

It's mostly stupid c*nts using low quality mics they got form a dollar store, the background noise is not GTA's fault it's the peron using the mics fault.

I am stupid c*nt because I don't want to spend 50 dollars on a microphone, just so I can say "f*ck  you" to a prick in GTA in a clearer voice?

Wow... the morons I meet on this forum. People like you ruin the reputation of your country, and that's why it's constantly being torn to shreds for having the biggest amount of idiots.

To the point - Most of the in-game voice chat programmes are sh*t. Same with PC games.
Take WoW for example - in game chat was always sh*t. Nothing beats a proper voice chat software like TeamSpeak and so on.

I do not know the reason behind this, but I am just assuming - programmers wanted to make sure that voice chat doesn't use too much bandwidth so maybe they lower the quality of the sound to avoid making the servers laggy.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

Most PC games OR while using Skype, is crystal clear and easily the best voice chat I've ever experiences. And Xbox One uses the same system, and they've showed demo videos of it in action and it sounds amazing.

In your opinion.

I wasn't trying to start a console war anyways, just describing the voice chat.

Tantrix
  • Tantrix

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

In your opinion.

No, that's not opinion...the hardware is simply better.  That's what happens when a software manufacturer makes a console, and a hardware manufacturer makes one.

BigSean715
  • BigSean715

The deaf hear me and the blind lookin'.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:45 PM

i use the ps3 camera. 

works great

Lmao

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:47 PM Edited by creaper210, 24 October 2013 - 10:49 PM.

In your opinion.

No, that's not opinion...the hardware is simply better.  That's what happens when a software manufacturer makes a console, and a hardware manufacturer makes one.

The hardware does not affect my gaming. If I was ever worried about that, I would've switched to PC a long time ago, which is infinitely more capable than either console.

Besides, the hardware really isn't all that different. Trying to say it is doesn't make you sound anymore knowledgeable. You're just blindly following the "facts" that fanboys have started.

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

In your opinion.

Go away troll.

Tantrix
  • Tantrix

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:43 AM Edited by Tantrix, 25 October 2013 - 01:46 AM.

In your opinion.

The hardware does not affect my gaming. If I was ever worried about that, I would've switched to PC a long time ago, which is infinitely more capable than either console.

Besides, the hardware really isn't all that different. Trying to say it is doesn't make you sound anymore knowledgeable. You're just blindly following the "facts" that fanboys have started.

It's obvious you don't know anything about electronics and/or hardware.  You can simply look at the specs of both consoles and plainly see the PS4 is superior as far as gaming performance goes.  Just stop now before you sound even more stupid.

"The hardware does not affect my gaming"   Lmfao...

Freeze2244
  • Freeze2244

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:51 AM

Its nothing to do with the mics its the game. Play FIFA 14 the mics are absolutely perfect like they're in the same room

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:59 AM

Lol who is even using ps3 mics???? L2use skype with ur friends

Well that must be nice, but are you using it with friends you know physically or just random strangers you play with online from message boards and stuff?  

See, none of my actual friends play this game.  As such, I only play with those from forums and servers.

ProblemChiild88
  • ProblemChiild88

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:07 AM

Its mostly sh*tty bluetooth headsets. I don't play this game anymore on ps3 but when I played Black ops I rarely encountered someone I could hardly hear.

buddybravo
  • buddybravo

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:16 AM

i use the ps3 camera. 

works great

2413937-2169924-kappa.png

loudanddumb
  • loudanddumb

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:27 AM

almost everyone on a mic seems like they dont know how to work it.. 

most times right when i enter a game i mute everyone... they should shoot the person that came up with this concept.. its like talking on the phone while playing a video game and the worst part is when you have people that talk different languages..

match making in this game sucks ass 

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:15 AM Edited by creaper210, 25 October 2013 - 09:18 AM.

It's obvious you don't know anything about electronics and/or hardware.  You can simply look at the specs of both consoles and plainly see the PS4 is superior as far as gaming performance goes.  Just stop now before you sound even more stupid.

You don't seem to know much about it yourself. Just because a video you watched on youtube has some guy claiming the PS4 is "40% MORE POWERFUL YEAH!!!!" doesn't make it true. Because quite frankly, it's just not. The ram, graphics card, processor, all of it, it's all nearly the same. Put each piece of hardware from each console into two different PCs and you won't see much different results when compared.

Can you explain to me how it does? If I cared about that, I would've moved on to PC completely by now. Fact is, I just prefer Xbox for gaming.

Not that it matters, I will end up with both consoles either way, just so I can get my hands on every exclusive. I just prefer Xbox overall, and it's usually what I buy my multiplatform games on.

Its nothing to do with the mics its the game. Play FIFA 14 the mics are absolutely perfect like they're in the same room

Really? I knew games had a little to do with it. But I always assumed it was a big problem with the PS3 operating system, that simply wasn't optimized for mics. Because I've played lots of multiplatform games on both consoles like GTA4, Call of Duty, and Battlefield, and the mics sounded awful on each game for some reason. Unless they patched it, I haven't played multiplayer on my PS3 for a while now...

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:43 PM

People actually play Fifa?

roamin21
  • roamin21

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

quality of the mic makes a HUGE difference, i have a friend who uses the ps3 camera and the sound from that is sh*t, when i talk i can hear a reverb coming back as his speakers play my voice and the mic than plays that back to me.

he also uses a blutooth ear thing and that too is excessive with the sound and reverb but not as bad as the camera.

another friend uses turtle beach and has no issues at all, sounds clear and hears me clear.

myself and another friend both use the ps3 wireless headsets and they work great too. hear each other clear and no reverb or echo effect, just the way it should be

so yes, spend a little bit extra and get a proper headset, beauty of the ps3 headsets is sony has said they will work on ps4 too. i would imagine they all will but knowing mine will defiantly work makes me a happy chap!

GM Inc
  • GM Inc

Get Money Industries

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:12 AM

tin-can-telephone.jpg

GamerPatriot
  • GamerPatriot

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:26 AM

I have a clear turtle beach headset and other's still sound like crap. I do think it's the other guys crap mics. 

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

SHUT UP AND BLEED

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:35 AM

mine is wired and works fine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users