• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

Bump for tonight.

Saint.
  • Saint.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

I honestly don't notice any difference between the wheels. They all just seem to perform like how they were before.

Alwintheboy
  • Alwintheboy

Too old to be a boy.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

How about doing some test on the tracks and see how will they affect the times.

ChristiaaaaaanxD
  • ChristiaaaaaanxD

Player Lover

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

How about doing some test on the tracks and see how will they affect the times.

I can test it, It's just I can't record the tests/results ._.

Kulgrim
  • Kulgrim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

Track would only be a viable test if the tester did not know what kind of tires they were rolling on. If they know, they may subconciously drive different due to expectations as to how the car handles. You would also need to run many laps on each type to come up with a baseline performance.

KoingWolf
  • KoingWolf

If Found: Return to Online Section

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

OP, if you're on PSN add me, same name as what's the username here. I can record and we'll test this out and see for sure. 

ChristiaaaaaanxD
  • ChristiaaaaaanxD

Player Lover

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:46 AM

OP, if you're on PSN add me, same name as what's the username here. I can record and we'll test this out and see for sure. 

I'll add you up then :)

ChristiaaaaaanxD
  • ChristiaaaaaanxD

Player Lover

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:50 AM

Tested with KoingWolf, I just noticed a big difference on Tuner.

The rest, Just a bit, Minor difference.

TSB203
  • TSB203

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:03 AM Edited by TSB203, 29 October 2013 - 04:04 AM.

In San Andreas, didn't the wheels make a difference after a vehicle was taken to a mod shop? Anicdotally, in GTA 5, my elegy handled better on dirt after I added offload tires; I'm pretty sure it wasn't a placebo effect.

If anyone would be interested in seriously measuring the performance of different tires, it would be interesting to see the results.

Who knows, maybe R* support has an answer,

AssassinHawkins
  • AssassinHawkins

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:43 AM

To the people saying it doesn't do anything and that the different classes only effect the look, then why would they have repeats of some rims between different classes? If they were purely cosmetic they wouldn't have some of the same rims in low-rider as they do in muscle.

ChristiaaaaaanxD
  • ChristiaaaaaanxD

Player Lover

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:44 AM

In San Andreas, didn't the wheels make a difference after a vehicle was taken to a mod shop? Anicdotally, in GTA 5, my elegy handled better on dirt after I added offload tires; I'm pretty sure it wasn't a placebo effect.

If anyone would be interested in seriously measuring the performance of different tires, it would be interesting to see the results.

Who knows, maybe R* support has an answer,

I just sent a ticket/request.

NDE108
  • NDE108

Real Talk

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:47 AM

I'm surprised this hasn't been tested since it could easily save a lot of people money if it's just cosmetic.  

Need to test:

-wheel types

-suspension

AscendantWyvern
  • AscendantWyvern

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:48 AM

Ran a couple races with my Ruiner with Tuner tires, and found myself making turns that others spun out on. 

I'm not that good a driver and don't fully know the limits of muscle cars and their tendency to chase their tail, so i'm willing to assume the Tuner helped with gripping even if it's just a little bit.

Will need to actually test things though.

Yakito
  • Yakito

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:48 AM

I remember spending about 100k swapping rims and testing them out.
I still can't tell whether there's any proper difference. Sometimes it felt like there was, sometimes it felt exactly the same with different types.

What I'd want to see - if somebody could record himself doing corners with the same car, but each time with different rims.

Actually, does anybody know how to record GTA? Do I need to buy some software for PS3 or is it free of charge?

Eradicate
  • Eradicate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:53 AM

Yeah I've tried a few different ones across classes for long stretches just trying to find the right look for my car and I didn't notice any difference at all in performance. I think placebo.

ChristiaaaaaanxD
  • ChristiaaaaaanxD

Player Lover

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:55 AM

Ran a couple races with my Ruiner with Tuner tires, and found myself making turns that others spun out on. 

I'm not that good a driver and don't fully know the limits of muscle cars and their tendency to chase their tail, so i'm willing to assume the Tuner helped with gripping even if it's just a little bit.

Will need to actually test things though.

I'm surprised this hasn't been tested since it could easily save a lot of people money if it's just cosmetic.  

Need to test:

-wheel types

-suspension

To the people saying it doesn't do anything and that the different classes only effect the look, then why would they have repeats of some rims between different classes? If they were purely cosmetic they wouldn't have some of the same rims in low-rider as they do in muscle.

Damn, Finally. They're believing meeeee ! :O

Prophaetwo
  • Prophaetwo

Wayward

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:05 AM Edited by Prophaetwo, 29 October 2013 - 06:10 AM.

The best example I can give would be to put sport tires on a futo and enjoy the slide. Then switch to tuner an feel the increased control in the slide. Muscle and lowriders tires slide like crazy, must be for all the colored smoke enthusiasts.

Ruiner, Phoenix and Sabre Turbo slide better with tuner as well.
  • ChristiaaaaaanxD likes this

ChristiaaaaaanxD
  • ChristiaaaaaanxD

Player Lover

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:14 AM

The best example I can give would be to put sport tires on a futo and enjoy the slide. Then switch to tuner an feel the increased control in the slide. Muscle and lowriders tires slide like crazy, must be for all the colored smoke enthusiasts.

Agree ! Agree ! :D 
Though, The Tuner isn't good on appearance but quite better on performance.

I used it on my Sultan, 'cause the brakes aren't enough for me so I want to use the handbrakes.

NDE108
  • NDE108

Real Talk

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:24 AM

So, which offers the best handling?

-Tuner

-Sport

-High End

According to this thread Muscle and Low Riders offer poor handling.

ChristiaaaaaanxD
  • ChristiaaaaaanxD

Player Lover

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:28 AM

-Tuner

-Sport

-High End

It's the Tuner, More Grip.

High End, Less Grip. 

NDE108
  • NDE108

Real Talk

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:51 AM

-Tuner

-Sport

-High End

It's the Tuner, More Grip.

High End, Less Grip. 

I just put a Tuner on the Rapid GT and I'm not quite sure if the handling improved or got worse.  Someone needs to test this objectively, i need to see numbers.  

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

R.I.P. in peace Aesthetic, you beautifully beta bastard you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:16 PM Edited by Omnifarious, 30 October 2013 - 08:18 PM.

I really like the look of my Comet, but the car handles like shtako. Just barely tap the analog stick, and it spins wildly out of control. I'm trying to figure out if it's the spoiler, or the tires or something... I've got a GT wing and tuner tires. Mayhaps it's even the suspension? Should I remove the suspension upgrades? Or?

ChristiaaaaaanxD
  • ChristiaaaaaanxD

Player Lover

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:23 AM Edited by ChristiaaaaaanxD, 31 October 2013 - 10:26 AM.

I'm still waiting for Rockstar to reply on my Request. 

I really like the look of my Comet, but the car handles like shtako. Just barely tap the analog stick, and it spins wildly out of control. I'm trying to figure out if it's the spoiler, or the tires or something... I've got a GT wing and tuner tires. Mayhaps it's even the suspension? Should I remove the suspension upgrades? Or?

Suspension ? I think not. 

I don't know anything about the Comet though :p

Nipper
  • Nipper

/\-/\

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:06 AM

Just how the Comet handles.

Much like its real life counterpart, all the weight is out in the back, can be wild at high speeds.

My friend has a standard Comet with the exact traits you reported, it's just how the car is.

Basically, don't waste your money trying to fix what isn't broken.

ChristiaaaaaanxD
  • ChristiaaaaaanxD

Player Lover

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:16 AM

Just how the Comet handles.

Much like its real life counterpart, all the weight is out in the back, can be wild at high speeds.

My friend has a standard Comet with the exact traits you reported, it's just how the car is.

Basically, don't waste your money trying to fix what isn't broken.

This may be the reason ;)

I haven't driven a comet yet.

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

It's the Quenchiest!

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

Until proven by Rockstar Support or otherwise, it's all just cosmetic changes to me. Unless you do about 50 Laps on each of the wheels and find the average then it's not very accurate.

Nipper
  • Nipper

/\-/\

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

Until proven by Rockstar Support or otherwise, it's all just cosmetic changes to me. Unless you do about 50 Laps on each of the wheels and find the average then it's not very accurate.

Even then it's not overly accurate.

For example, if I was the driver, and I believed they are more than cosmetic, I would probably adjust my driving style for each wheel unnecessarily, which in turn could hurt lap times.

Only true way to know for sure is, like you say, R* confirms or denies it, or for there to be a totally unbiased driver who doesn't know which wheels he is currently using, thus he won't adjust his lines or anything to accommodate for extra/lack of grip.

haythem09
  • haythem09

Honorbru Dispray

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:10 PM Edited by haythem09, 31 October 2013 - 04:39 PM.

Agree ! Agree ! :D 
Though, The Tuner isn't good on appearance but quite better on performance.

I used it on my Sultan, 'cause the brakes aren't enough for me so I want to use the handbrakes.

Tuner wheels are sexy. Rally master are probably the sexiest wheels in the game.

Anyway I'm pretty sure there are people out there who can look at the code of the console GTA V. I mean people found out spoilers with the downloadable version so....

Also if Tuner is the grippiest why does the Futo start with them? Maybe to counter-act the drifting? (Though it still drifts everywhere) But the only reason people buy the Futo is to drift.

Emric
  • Emric

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:11 PM

I really do think there's a difference. I remember putting lowrider wheels on my Surano because I thought they looked nice, I found myself spinning out many times or losing grip from the road really quickly. I then tried putting high end wheels and tuner wheels and I noticed more grip in the steering. That's just me though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users