vapid bullet

143 replies to this topic
trappinbenny12
  • trappinbenny12

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:35 AM

They do not perform the same, nor do they look the same. Very similar yes, but very different cars. The new car out handles the old one by far. It's also bigger. Quite different drive train also.

Also, the Sports Classics class is for cars that are actually classics. Not cars inspired by classics.

New car on the left, old on the right.

2011103003-border.jpg

Edit: I'm not trying to sound like a smarta*s or anything. Just saying based on the track days I've been to, the new GT runs circles around the classic GT40 based cars. I think it belongs in the Super class, but I would not be opposed to a older variation in Sports Classics.

Na you're cool. I never said they were exactly alike but in overall design they are roughly the same aside from size. And in terms of performance I stand corrected, I thought for the longest they were about even until you're last post made me look it up, I was going to edit my original post to correct my false statement but you already posted your response so I'll say I was wrong on that. Honestly when I'm driving my bullet I get a nostalgic feeling like I'm driving the old GT40 but maybe that's because it's my dream car :lol:

No doubt they are both awesome cars. The classic GT40 exhaust note was wicked.

Indeed a very awesome car. I only wish the bullet got more shine as it's a beast of a vehicle able to soak up damage the best out of any super car. Sure is a lot better than another useless car to recently hit gta online that I won't mention.

Chang
  • Chang

Co-Owner of CMG

• Members

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:41 AM

Any Bullet pics with the new tint option? Soldings mine round 1.15...please only slick color combos, i already kinda got a headache.

:) i Chang

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• The Connection
  • United-States
  • Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:47 AM Edited by Mach1bud, 11 October 2014 - 01:50 AM.

They do not perform the same, nor do they look the same. Very similar yes, but very different cars. The new car out handles the old one by far. It's also bigger. Quite different drive train also.

Also, the Sports Classics class is for cars that are actually classics. Not cars inspired by classics.

2011103003-border.jpg

Edit: I'm not trying to sound like a smarta*s or anything. Just saying based on the track days I've been to, the new GT runs circles around the classic GT40 based cars. I think it belongs in the Super class, but I would not be opposed to a older variation in Sports Classics.

Na you're cool. I never said they were exactly alike but in overall design they are roughly the same aside from size. And in terms of performance I stand corrected, I thought for the longest they were about even until you're last post made me look it up, I was going to edit my original post to correct my false statement but you already posted your response so I'll say I was wrong on that. Honestly when I'm driving my bullet I get a nostalgic feeling like I'm driving the old GT40 but maybe that's because it's my dream car :lol:

Indeed a very awesome car. I only wish the bullet got more shine as it's a beast of a vehicle able to soak up damage the best out of any super car. Sure is a lot better than another useless car to recently hit gta online that I won't mention.
I actually quite like the Coquette Classic. Insane acceleration, but handles like it's on ice. I use it for races with great success, but one mistake and I'm done. It's exhaust note pisses me off too.

Edit: Just realized you may be talking about the Furoe GT.

trappinbenny12
  • trappinbenny12

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:58 AM

2011103003-border.jpg

I actually quite like the Coquette Classic. Insane acceleration, but handles like it's on ice. I use it for races with great success, but one mistake and I'm done. It's exhaust note pisses me off too.

Edit: Just realized you may be talking about the Furoe GT.

I'm not denying it, but I won't admit either. And the Coquette classic isn't that bad to me. Decent speed for a classic car, handles are meh but when you buy classic cars you're not exactly buying them for performance.

justinlynch3
  • justinlynch3

GTA legit player

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:12 AM

In terms of racing the Bullet is in the low end of super cars and is really rival to the Voltic and maybe Vacca.   

Pro's

- Looks awesome.

- Awesome, unique engine sound.

- Bulletproof back window.

- OK traction and handling overall (but falls short of Infernus and up).

Con's.

- Sub-par acceleration and speed.   It could race a Voltic or Vacca, but anything Infernus or higher will just be gone in races.

- Lacks cosmetic mods.   In appearance you have literally paint and wheels.   No window tint, spoilers, hoods, etc.

Overall: It's a good cruise car.   If you are a exceptionally good racer wanting a challenge, this car may be just fast enough to keep up, but for the general racer it'll simply get left behind.    I've seen a few Bullets in races and even use mine time to time, I've won 1 race with it simply cause I knew the track and all the Zentorno's crashed constantly.      Otherwise I never seen a Bullet place first.    So it's certainly not a racers first option.

• dead goon, Arrows to Athens and trappinbenny12 like this

trappinbenny12
  • trappinbenny12

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:45 PM

In terms of racing the Bullet is in the low end of super cars and is really rival to the Voltic and maybe Vacca.   

Pro's
- Looks awesome.
- Awesome, unique engine sound.
- Bulletproof back window.
- OK traction and handling overall (but falls short of Infernus and up).

Con's.
- Sub-par acceleration and speed.   It could race a Voltic or Vacca, but anything Infernus or higher will just be gone in races.
- Lacks cosmetic mods.   In appearance you have literally paint and wheels.   No window tint, spoilers, hoods, etc.

Overall: It's a good cruise car.   If you are a exceptionally good racer wanting a challenge, this car may be just fast enough to keep up, but for the general racer it'll simply get left behind.    I've seen a few Bullets in races and even use mine time to time, I've won 1 race with it simply cause I knew the track and all the Zentorno's crashed constantly.      Otherwise I never seen a Bullet place first.    So it's certainly not a racers first option.

Yeah I agree that in terms of performance the bullet can only compete with the voltic and vacca. It has really bad acceleration, taking an eternity to reach max speed. I think that's because of it's heavy weight, which is it's gift also because it makes it harder for other cars to knock you off the road while being chased. Overall the bullet is a cruiser, not a racer, a unique super car in a league of it's own. What it lacks in stats, it makes up for in style. BULLET FTW!!!!!!
  • ~TKP~ likes this

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2014 - 02:13 PM

You might buy a monroe, looks pretty similar.

~TKP~
  • ~TKP~

Wind yer neck in! TKP_1st(PS4)

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:36 PM

I've had a few bullet wins in a unfinished modded up car. No turbo yet or last 2 engine and transmission upgrades. It was hard work and thank gawd for slipstreaming but it is possible especially if you know how to brake because this is the issue with most racers I think. They all think crashing round a corner is a winning technique. lol

fbsketcher
  • fbsketcher

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2016 - 02:06 PM

It's ok, I have one.  Doesn't seem to matter a damn what you use anyway as people just ram you off road in races.  Apparently no-one has any skill at overtaking or just the general concept that two vehicles cannot share the same space at the same time.  Physics huh.

And yes, I know this is GTA, but the classification is race, not bumper cars.

Greatest fun I've had racing in GTA was a few hours in a decent racing lobby where everyone tried to actually race.

Ok, rant over.

I totally agree anytime trying to actually race it ends up being a practice in pit manuevers.  how are you going to win $$ and Rp if you cant or wont actually race?   Tired of bad sports who have to T bone ya over and over.

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Kings and Thieves

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:34 PM Edited by Fearx--, 09 February 2016 - 11:37 PM.

Acceleration is among the poorest in the supers class, alongside the the Vacca. Top speed is not too bad, but is still the 4th worst in terms top speed. It's still faster than half or most of the sports cars in a straight line. It's the worst around a track, so this car should mainly used for cruising in free roam. It goes well with its price, though.

Mrnrfan182
  • Mrnrfan182

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:50 PM

It's a steaming pile and the only car I've ever sold back. To be fair, I only sold it because I needed to make room for something else (Tourismo I think) and at that time we only had two garages. I guess the point is, it didn't make the cut. If it's any further indication to how sh*tty it is, I now have an open space in my "super garage" and I still won't re-purchase the car.

As for racing in general, it's no match for the Tourismo, Zentorno, Osiris, T20, or ridiculous Banshee, which is what you'll be up against.

If you like the look and you're a fan of the GT(40) than have at it, for free mode/missions. If you want to get a feel for it just buy it in single player and give it a go.

BigJoe_1
  • BigJoe_1

I'll rustle your jimmies if you give me some sugar ;)

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:00 AM

It's a steaming pile

Well it's got to be the best looking one in the game then.

• Arrows to Athens likes this

Gerarghini
  • Gerarghini

Rocket Bunny Bolts

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:13 AM

I remember way back on the early days of last gen how a Bullet was a challenge to beat people with. I still have mine, sharp looking af.

Now, you better hope you're driving with the equivalent of a grandma on the 405 or the lobby decides to Mad Max itself. Absolute trash stats comparatively now  :cry:

Mrnrfan182
  • Mrnrfan182

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2016 - 07:21 AM

It's a steaming pile

Well it's got to be the best looking one in the game then.

Looks may be subjective but performance is not...as far as that goes, this car is a pile.  Slow, severely outmatched in its class by easily half a dozen more cars and completely void of any customization options...it may look good (if you're a fan of the GT) but it's not worth the price or the garage space it'll occupy unless you're collecting it for the appreciation of its real world counterpart.

Arachne
  • Arachne

It's me.

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 10 February 2016 - 12:44 PM

The best thing about the Bullet is the handling.

Urustay Gordov
  • Urustay Gordov

JAPANESE CARS>AMERICAN CARS.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2016 - 01:41 PM

Acceleration is among the poorest in the supers class, alongside the the Vacca. Top speed is not too bad, but is still the 4th worst in terms top speed. It's still faster than half or most of the sports cars in a straight line. It's the worst around a track, so this car should mainly used for cruising in free roam. It goes well with its price, though.

Meanwhile the zentorno is too fast for its price, making it a bit op against other supers of the same price range.

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Kings and Thieves

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:17 PM

Meanwhile the zentorno is too fast for its price, making it a bit op against other supers of the same price range.

I agree that it's a bit too cheap for its performance. Plus, it's based off a Veneno/Sesto Elemento, so I expect it to cost at least a million or very close to it. The Turismo seems a bit too cheap, too.

gfen
  • gfen

GTAF Minister of Propaganda

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 10 February 2016 - 06:07 PM

With ketchup and slipstream, the Bullet can win against average racers.

It was my first super car, and while it's now relegated to freeroam only, it's still got a special place.

0_0.jpg

Urustay Gordov
  • Urustay Gordov

JAPANESE CARS>AMERICAN CARS.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2016 - 06:26 PM Edited by Urustay Gordov, 10 February 2016 - 06:27 PM.

With ketchup and slipstream, the Bullet can win against average racers.

It was my first super car, and while it's now relegated to freeroam only, it's still got a special place.

0_0.jpg

Agree, its my first supercar also, bought it in the old days on my ps3 after the apologize gift of 500k Rockstar gave us.
Also, almost no one uses it neither in freeroam or in races, which is a plus for those who are offbeat, like me.

Imposssible
  • Imposssible

(sits on the commission)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2016 - 08:37 PM

Ladies & Gentlemen, I present to you...

"The One Bullet to Rule Them All"

E998BDF2-B0F9-48FE-9A94-E860A34EF3DE_zps
  • Arrows to Athens likes this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Kings and Thieves

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 February 2016 - 08:41 PM

What's the colour?

Imposssible
  • Imposssible

(sits on the commission)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2016 - 08:50 PM

What's the colour?

The hex is #1F2E2E
Pearlescent : Salmon

Search for Zanthera's Kustom color thread if you don't know how to add hex colors on Social Club.

Beez
  • Beez

Given To Fly

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:04 PM

It's the only supercar my female character has. Got it back on the PS3 when my crew hosted a Bullet only racing playlist.

I've been using her more lately so I need to get her a better super to be competitive but I'll never sell this and it is one of my favorites.

i-5gn6zrL.jpg

• gfen likes this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Kings and Thieves

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:05 PM

What's the colour?

The hex is #1F2E2E
Pearlescent : Salmon

Search for Zanthera's Kustom color thread if you don't know how to add hex colors on Social Club.

Thanks, but the crew colour pearls still don't work on last gen. 

Bloody Greedstar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users