Quantcast

» «
Photo

Show some consideration when hosting missions.

23 replies to this topic
lessthan3
  • lessthan3

Intensity In Ten Cities

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:29 AM

When you're the host of a mission, every other player who joins your mission start next to you at the spot where you were standing when you accepted the mission. So please, PLEASE stop starting missions on the opposite side of the map, forcing everyone to drive 5 miles to get to the starting point.

When you look at the job list in your phone, it says how far away the mission is.

Ex.

Gerald

Invite to Gassed Up (2325m) (1 to 4 Players)

Usually, if you click on it and actually bother reading the text you'll see something along the lines of:

"First exchange is happening at the Los Santos State Gas Company in Cypress Flats."

Now you simply drive somewhat closer to Cypress Flats before starting the mission. No one is saying you have to be right on top of the mission marker before starting it, but no one wants to spend half of the mission driving to it from the middle of the wilderness. Please be more considerate of other players.

• karmaman1010 likes this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:35 AM

Life is about the journey, not the destination.
  • demonjlh likes this

philthethrill81
  • philthethrill81

Japan makes hawt women (ai shinozake)

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:38 AM

Good idea!!!

But won't happen.

Too many kids/morons out there

Muse182
  • Muse182

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

I hate doing sh*t paying missions and having to drive 5 miles for it. Not even worth it. I do like to drive a little bit to the objective but that distance, someone always ends up getting left behind and not even playing a part in any of the mission.

• karmaman1010 likes this

Anti Warhol
  • Anti Warhol

Internet Amogger

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

I hate doing sh*t paying missions and having to drive 5 miles for it. Not even worth it. I do like to drive a little bit to the objective but that distance, someone always ends up getting left behind and not even playing a part in any of the mission.

This happens a lot

karmaman1010
  • karmaman1010

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

So true.

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

Just had to drive from LS International to Paleto Bay. Stopped off at ammu-nation. Team had already wasted two lives by the time I got there.

Tomsz
  • Tomsz

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

Life is about the journey, not the destination.

well said.

z-Poteto
  • z-Poteto

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

Good idea!!!

But won't happen.

Too many kids/morons out there

It could be a glitch sometimes because I joined a session with two players and one of them switched places with my spot before I joined. I was in the Grand Senora Desert and they were in the Los Santos Docking area, then one of them appeared next to my FIB Buffalo for some reason...

demonjlh
  • demonjlh

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

everything about this post is accurate. 

when i decide to start doing the sh!t pay missions with people....i just resign myself to the fact that we will start 30 miles away. but i WILL get out my 4 door car so we can at least all get there together.

Solid1000
  • Solid1000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

Agreed. I've had too many instances where I've had to drive all the way across the map to a mission and whoever gets there first just goes in guns blazing without backup. They either use up all the extra lives making it difficult when the other players get there or finish the mission on their own. I wouldn't mind them finishing without me but that marks that mission as completed when I didn't even get to play so when I do actually get to do it I get a half payout for my efforts.

I'm going to get my own back tomorrow if it happens again. I'll make sure I get there first and just charge in screaming LLEEEEEEERRROOOOOOOY JEEEEENNNKIIIIINNSS down the mic.

WildmouseX
  • WildmouseX

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

i fell asleep once while waiting for the server to fill up, only to find out that the original host left leaving a room full of people screaming at me over the headset to start the match. mic was on and I was snoring and everything. - about the worst I've done, I usually drive to the rings if i am going to start up a match.

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

Yay, someone that thinks the same. I don't start the mission until I am less than 50m away. Unless it's a Fort Zancudo mission. Then I start at the hospital near the strip club to get my Buzzard.

AJ-in-JAX
  • AJ-in-JAX

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

Or it could turn into a good thing.

Did a mission called Wet Work with a crew the other night and started on the other side of the map.

I decided to call Lester and find a chopper. It happened to be a little bird... :sly:

We flew to the mission location and I stayed in the chopper raining missiles down while my crew stayed back.

They had to steal a boat and bring it to another location. I flew above them on their way back clearing the way.

Banana Duck
  • Banana Duck

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

It's a right pain in the arse that planes and choppers don't spawn on missions too, I call in merry weather an shoot the pilot.

Benny26
  • Benny26

Lion Heart

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

In my experience, the spawn points don't always work right. I've started a mission right next to my friends before and it's moved us way apart on the map for some reason.

So it's not always player fault.

buskape
  • buskape

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

I've had once where I was in the middle of grand senora and joined a mission starting on the docks, I was teleported to the docks next to the mission marker with no cars in sight, but the Host of the mission was teleported next to my personal car in the grand senora desert...  

grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

they need to fix that. you start a mission out in the middle of nowhere and then it drops you back off in the middle of nowhere after the mission.

just send me back to where i was when i accepted the mission.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast and shoot at enemies in gta.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

if i join a mission that's on the other side of the map i just get in my car and drive at top speed (like i do in free roam) and also like in free roam i have to deal with npc drivers who love to cut me off when i'm passing them they don't signal when they change lanes or when i'm going through an intersection they wait until im going through the intersection then they make a left turn right in front of me. :angry:

Masher8559
  • Masher8559

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

Feel free to leave my mission at any time. If i feel like doing a job i'll accept right away. 

loudanddumb
  • loudanddumb

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

most of the time when i enter a game i get stuck doing the whole mission myself... 

host puts the level on hard and then leaves the game or host watches me hoping i die and waste 20-30 mins trying to beat the level.. 

Kulgrim
  • Kulgrim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

The only one that really annoys me is when they accepted the mission on top of a friggin moutain. Really? Thanks ass, now we all get to run down this damn thing because our cars are spawned on a road at the BOTTOM of the damn mountain.

WildmouseX
  • WildmouseX

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:35 AM

The only one that really annoys me is when they accepted the mission on top of a friggin moutain. Really? Thanks ass, now we all get to run down this damn thing because our cars are spawned on a road at the BOTTOM of the damn mountain.

This just gave me a great  Idea for griefing - get a chopper, go to the top of the sky scraper, blow it up - start a low level mission and send out invites.......

lessthan3
  • lessthan3

Intensity In Ten Cities

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:14 AM Edited by lessthan3, 25 October 2013 - 04:15 AM.

Feel free to leave my mission at any time. If i feel like doing a job i'll accept right away. 

The problem is you get bad sport for leaving too many missions.

This just gave me a great  Idea for griefing - get a chopper, go to the top of the sky scraper, blow it up - start a low level mission and send out invites.......

Tried doing that but without destroying the helicopter. The helicopter disappeared and everyone started on the street next to the skyscraper. So I'm pretty sure they thought of that.

You can however host a mission in mid air, then you (and only you) will spawn in the air with a parachute. Kinda fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users