47 replies to this topic
iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

Breaking the Sound Barrier

Part One: Super Cars

Hello everyone, I was bored so I decided to test the speed of each car in the so-called "Super Car" class. If this sparks any interest I'll continue down the line and determine the fastest cars in each class. If your attention span is too short, I've included a "TL;DR" at the bottom that includes the average speed of each car.

The Setup:

- Route 68 Race Track (Total Distance: 3.79 Miles/6.10 Kilometers)

- Clear Skies at Noon

- One Lap

- No Traffic

- No Wanted Level

- No Catchup

- Max Acceleration

- No Braking

Spoiler

The Cars

The Truffade Adder

270px-Adder-GTAV-Front.jpg

Better known by it's real life model, the Bugatti Veyron, the Truffade Adder is extremely rare. With a price tag of 1,000,000 USD, the Adder is sure to catch the eyes of all of the ladies (or gentlemen, if you're into that) and scream to the world, "Look at me, I'm a glitcher rich!"

Test Results: The Adder was able to cover a (relatively straight) distance of 3.79 miles/6.10 Kilometers with a time of 2:03:487, placing it's average speed at 110.49 Miles Per Hour (177.82 km/h), well below the stated top speed of 250 MPH (402 km/h).

The Overflod Entity XF

270px-Agera%28Front%29-GTAV.jpg

The first Swedish-made mock-up to appear in a Grand Theft Auto video game, the Entity XF (real model: Koenigsegg CCX) is no feeble automobile. With a price tag of $795,000, this car isn't for the conservative spender.

Test Results: the Entity XF was able to cover the distance of 3.79 miles/6.10 Kilometers with a time 2:05:133, placing it's average speed at 109.06 MPH (175.52 km/h). Once again, well below the stated top speed of 240 MPH (386 km/h).

Spoiler

The Grotti Cheetah

300px-Cheetah-GTAV-Front.jpg

The Grotti Cheetah strongly resembles the Ferrari LaFerrari, taking on a totally new design from the previous Grand Theft Auto iterations. The cost of this vehicle is $650,000.

Test Results: The Cheetah was able to cover the distance of 3.79 miles/6.10 Kilometers with a time 2:07:863, placing it's average speed at 106.68 (171.68 km/h).

The Pegassi Infernus

325px-Infernus_GTAV-Front.jpg

The Pegassi Infernus is a staple of the Grand Theft Auto series, appearing in each game since Grand Theft Auto III. It keeps it's Lamborghini Murcielago-style look from Grand Theft Auto IV. This vehicle retails at $440,000, well below the Adder and Entity XF.

Test Results: The Infernus was able to cover the distance of 3.79 miles/6.10 Kilometers with a time 2:08:454 placing it's average speed at 106.18 (170.88 km/h). Only .5 MPH (.8 km/h) less than the Cheetah, for $110,000 less.

The Pegassi Vacca

300px-Vacca-GTAV-Front.jpg

Another Pegassi, just like it's older brother, this one takes after a Lamborghini (specifically, the Lamborghini Gallardo). This vehicle retails at $240,000.

Test Results: The Vacca was able to cover the distance of 3.79 miles/6.10 Kilometers with a time 2:09:257 placing it's average speed at 105.52 (169.82 km/h).

The Vapid Bullet

300px-BulletGT-GTAV-Front.jpg

The first American made supercar on the list, the Vapid Bullet retails at a mere $155,000. Based on the Ford GT, the Bullet is a patriot's dream. What better way to support your country and contribute to the rising cost of gas than by driving this gas-guzzling status symbol?

Test Results: The Bullet was able to cover the distance of 3.79 miles/6.10 Kilometers with a time 2:09:802 placing it's average speed at 105.12 (169.17 km/h). $85,000 less than the Vacca with a loss of only .4 MPH (.65 km/h)

The Coil Voltic

270px-Voltic-GTAV-Front.jpg

An electric supercar? What blasphemy is this? The Coil Voltic was introduced in Grand Theft Auto Five and is the first and only imitation Tesla Motors vehicle available. Modeled after the Tesla Roadster, this near-silent automobile retails at a cheap $150,000.

Test Results: The Voltic was able to cover the distance of 3.79 miles/6.10 Kilometers with a time 2:16:961 placing it's average speed at 99.59 (160.27 km/h). The runt of the group, the Coil Voltic doesn't hold a candle to the higher-end cars, such as the Adder or Entity XF.

Too Long, Didn't Read? (Price and Average Speed)

1. Truffade Adder - $1,000,000 - 110.49 Miles Per Hour (177.82 km/h)

2. Overflod Entity XF - $795,000 - 109.06 MPH (175.52 km/h)

3. Grotti Cheetah - $650,000 - 106.68 (171.68 km/h)

4. Pegassi Infernus - $440,000 - 106.18 (170.88 km/h)

5. Pegassi Vacca - $240,000 - 105.52 (169.82 km/h)

6. Vapid Bullet - $155,000 - 105.12 (169.17 km/h)

7. Coil Voltic - $150,000 - 99.59 (160.27 km/h)

My Advice:

If you're going to purchase a super car and you're trying not to break the bank, purchase the Vapid Bullet, it nearly matches the Pegassi Vacca and Infernus in terms of average speed, and costs much less. If you absolutely must have THE fastest car, I'd recommend a Cheetah or Entity. Adders are tacky.

Nice experiment!

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Ghetto Star

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

Winner is clearly the Adder but OP still recommends Entity or Cheetah...lol....

Just due to it being overused and idolized by nearly every player.

Shpongled
  • Shpongled

Psychedelelicable

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

Wow, this makes my commuter car look like a $1,000,000+ super car in the world of Los Santos.  110 mph?  Wow.

Eradicate
  • Eradicate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:09 PM

Just due to it being overused and idolized by nearly every player.

Not to mention price point. Unless you're one of the unlimited fund cheaters the saved 200k plus can really come in handy. Especially to mod the car you just bought.

jeager1999
  • jeager1999

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

You know its times like these I ask myself why Rockstar never thought to add a speedometer.

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Ghetto Star

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:14 PM Edited by Vlynor, 24 October 2013 - 08:16 PM.

Great info. Thanks!

I bought the Carbonizzare. Interested to see where it fits in. I just liked that car the best!

I just ran another test, this time using the Carbonizzare with the same settings. It had a race time of 2:09:843, placing it's average speed at 105.12 MPH (169.17 km/h). This ties it with the Vapid Bullet and puts it in the ballpark of the Pegassi Vacca. The test could be off by 1/2 seconds. So any cars that are neck-and-neck may or may not be 1/2 seconds slower/faster.

stankowalski
  • stankowalski

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

Because the Adder has awful acceleration and even worse handling. No idea why anyone buys that car in the first place.

I own the Adder, and while I do agree the Entity has faster acceleration (even though 0-60 for the Adder is supposedly 0.5 seconds faster than Entity), I think the Adder is the better car.  Not sure why some people don't like the handling, as I have no problems driving this car and beat every other car on a regular basis.  Having said that, I don't think the Entity would be bad in the right hands, and I've contemplated buying one because of the nice acceleration.

haythem09
  • haythem09

Honorbru Dispray

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

Carbonizzare is a damn good sports car, It could pass for Super. By the way would I be correct in saying the Infernus is the only 4WD Super Car?

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Ghetto Star

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:26 PM

Carbonizzare is a damn good sports car, It could pass for Super. By the way would I be correct in saying the Infernus is the only 4WD Super Car?

You know, I'm not actually sure. I'll have to check it out.

voad1
  • voad1

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:34 PM

Because the Adder has awful acceleration and even worse handling. No idea why anyone buys that car in the first place.

Fully modded super cars hit top speed so fast it is actually advantageous to have a higher top speed rather than acceleration. You can also throw the back end out on the Adder soo much more easy than the Entity which is really helpful. I catch up to Entitys all day. I have driven both plenty and the Adder is an easy winner.

Yes I love how you can throw the rear end of the adder out almost like my sabre but with much more traction and control obviously. Lots of fun to drive and I think that wouldn't a higher top speed make up for lower acceleration a little bit?

haythem09
  • haythem09

Honorbru Dispray

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

Well my method is literally tipping the car upside down, waiting till all the wheels stop, and then accelerate. (By the way tipping a car over and holding it is harder than it sounds)

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Ghetto Star

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:49 PM Edited by Vlynor, 24 October 2013 - 09:52 PM.

Well my method is literally tipping the car upside down, waiting till all the wheels stop, and then accelerate. (By the way tipping a car over and holding it is harder than it sounds)

Hm. Sounds like a good idea, I'll definitely try that out and get back to you, I have an Infernus in my garage, give me a little bit.

Coil Voltic is modeled of a Lotus Elise

I opted for saying it was modeled after the Tesla Roadster as the company in-game (Coil) is a direct parody of the Tesla coil.

TigerVsLion
  • TigerVsLion

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

I have reached 143.64mph at the airport in a fully upgraded Adder, they clearly lied about the speed.

The Cheetah is a Ferrari Enzo primarily as Grotti is a parody of Ferrari, but the back is based a bit on a Koenigsegg Agera R, not a LaFerrari.

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:27 PM

well if thats the case my supercar will def. be the Bullett. thanks OP for finding this out.

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Ghetto Star

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:31 PM Edited by Vlynor, 24 October 2013 - 10:33 PM.

well if thats the case my supercar will def. be the Bullett. thanks OP for finding this out.

No problem. This is average speed on a fairly straight track, the average MPH/km/h may vary based on each track.

I have reached 143.64mph at the airport in a fully upgraded Adder, they clearly lied about the speed.

The Cheetah is a Ferrari Enzo primarily as Grotti is a parody of Ferrari, but the back is based a bit on a Koenigsegg Agera R, not a LaFerrari.

Thank you. I saw the Cheetah and the LaFerrari as almost identical, but if that's what it is actually based off of, I apologize.

Ferrari-LaFerrari-Top.jpg

Verodox
  • Verodox

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:30 AM

Wow this is great man, real top gear-esque, we should get a top driver to test cars out on a well rounded map stig style, would be incredibly entertaining

Some say he's a deleted character and he only glitches Dump Trucks but all we know is... He's the Stig!
Nice :D

Some say he's Trevor's father and that he only can't be stalked on Lifeinvader... But all we know is... He's the Stig!

• christo976 likes this

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:48 AM

Bump

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Ghetto Star

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

Can you do the same thing with all the other models and post the results

I'll be back in ten minutes

Will do. It may take me a bit longer than 10 minutes though.

Wow this is great man, real top gear-esque, we should get a top driver to test cars out on a well rounded map stig style, would be incredibly entertaining

I see how it is, I'm not top driver enough?

I propose OP reviews sedans and muscles etc in the same way and add them to the thread, in his own time of course!

Proposition accepted. First up will be Muscle.

• victor1987 and Vitamin PWN like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users