Photo

Is glitching money that bad?

104 replies to this topic
Luftwaffle
  • Luftwaffle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:41 AM

Play the game how you want to play. The amount of money you have effects nobody else in the game. So what if someone has a tank from glitches and blows you up a few times!!

Please tell me you can see the flaw in that logic. Regardless if you think it's fun or not some people simply don't want to deal with that crap. Also, to say that not ALL cheaters ruin everyone else's game is a very very weak argument as to why there is nothing wrong with doing it.
Tell me the diffrence to you from being blown up by a legit tank or sticky bomb and being blown up by them from someone who glitches?

Nothing, is the answer. You have no idea of their bank balance, how they acquired the ammo unless they tell you. The crying and complaining makes it entertaining for them either way, glitcher or not.
You have 2 players. One is legit and farms base invaders for cash. The other does the LSC glitch.

The legit player wants to call in a Airstrike. He knows that he will have to make another base invaders run to make up for the loss in funds due to the Airstrike.

The Glitcher also wants to call in a Airstrike. He knows that he can make 10x the cost of the Airstrike in 30 seconds by selling his chrome adders.

You tell me who is more likely to call in the Airstrike. The guy that has to play a mission or the guy that can make his money x10 back in 30 seconds?

Eradicate
  • Eradicate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:43 AM

Play the game how you want to play. The amount of money you have effects nobody else in the game. So what if someone has a tank from glitches and blows you up a few times!!

Please tell me you can see the flaw in that logic. Regardless if you think it's fun or not some people simply don't want to deal with that crap. Also, to say that not ALL cheaters ruin everyone else's game is a very very weak argument as to why there is nothing wrong with doing it.

Tell me the diffrence to you from being blown up by a legit tank or sticky bomb and being blown up by them from someone who glitches?

Nothing, is the answer. You have no idea of their bank balance, how they acquired the ammo unless they tell you. The crying and complaining makes it entertaining for them either way, glitcher or not.

Yes, a griefer is a griefer. A cheating griefer is a lot more powerful and causes a lot more grief. And is also a cheater. How is this an argument in your favor again?

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:44 AM Edited by Jack Reacher, 24 October 2013 - 09:47 AM.

The glitch does affect you're gameplay because it effects the entire meta game that is GTAO. I don't understand how the gaming community has accepted this stuff so easily, it really goes to show how messed up the gaming industry is these days.

At first glance, it seems like it doesn't affect you, at least not directly. But the entire value system in the economy is now destroyed. There could have been some degree of value in earning a rare car or apartment, but now that entire paradigm is shattered. You see someone with cool stuff, all it does is represent how often they glitched. The entire social paradigm in free roam is now... useless. It doesn't exist as so many people do the glitch, its just mindless crap. 

Now im not going to take the game so seriously as to say it has destroyed my experience and the game itself, im just saying you need to look a little closer at the other side of the argument, it does affect people on some level.

• riksterinto and TheProphet78 like this

abfirstr8
  • abfirstr8

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

Wow, other people here glitch so you're right somehow! Fact is cheating gives these players an unfair advantage over other players. Of all those who do it the only argument for it that doesn't amount to "because I like what I get" is that R* deserves it, which is great except for the whole cheating the other players part.

I wish I could say all players were as mature as you and were considering how glitching is affecting other players experience, but we're not. I do respect you playing legitly and for the right reasons. Fact remains people want to enjoy their experience, not so much worry about others experiences. Other fact is people want to have fun. I personally am still luckily in the good sport games and have never been faced with any tanks etc, but whenever anything out of the ordinary or annoying gets going I just hop sessions. Nothing you can do bout it

sgllocal
  • sgllocal

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

at first i was like yeh its bad. then after rockstar decided to nerf replay then nerf payouts on missions. i think its ok. what is bad is trying to force gamers into buying gta$ cards

• abfirstr8 likes this

Brainberry
  • Brainberry

Tiger Lion King Of The World

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:47 AM

I've glitched about 40 mil, the thing is I did it at first because cash cards werent avail. The way I play is, if I want something I will try to get it and I wanted the Apt asap, I waited 3 days for the cash cards to be avail and they werent then I heard about the glitch. But once I started doing it I couldn't stop, having money is better than not having it in this game, it just makes me play the game on my terms. GTA games will never be be a grindy game for me, its been about instant satisfaction since San Andreas. The only games I can grind are RPG's. 

• Eradicate likes this

Eradicate
  • Eradicate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:48 AM

Wow, other people here glitch so you're right somehow! Fact is cheating gives these players an unfair advantage over other players. Of all those who do it the only argument for it that doesn't amount to "because I like what I get" is that R* deserves it, which is great except for the whole cheating the other players part.

I wish I could say all players were as mature as you and were considering how glitching is affecting other players experience, but we're not. I do respect you playing legitly and for the right reasons. Fact remains people want to enjoy their experience, not so much worry about others experiences. Other fact is people want to have fun. I personally am still luckily in the good sport games and have never been faced with any tanks etc, but whenever anything out of the ordinary or annoying gets going I just hop sessions. Nothing you can do bout it

Ha, nice virtual "I know you are but what am I??" 

I understand that the cheaters get joy out of cheating. All the glossing over and justification doesn't change what they are though. If it works for you then you're right, nothing I can do about it. Being a self delusional ass that takes the joy from others is your problem, not mine.

Plus, even though you refuse to admit it, I think you really know how wrong you are.

Jvalor
  • Jvalor

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

This thread is making me smile, I don't know why. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that so many people are whining and having hissy fits/throwing tantrums because R* wants our money. They are a video game development company. They aren't your friends. Of course they want your money. Lmao, jeez. Surprise surprise. Boo f*cking hoo.

Bottom line, glitch until you you can't glitch no more because eventually, R*will figure out a way to stop money glitching. I doubt there will be bans or resets, but they will definately figure out a way to stop most if not all major money glitches.

So glitch while you can. And no, I'm not a glitcher. Just friendly advice.

kotaco
  • kotaco

Clan mXm

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:53 AM

Considering the absolute mess that is GTA online, with people losing characters/money/properties and progress at the drop of a hat, I can't see how Rockstar can even force people into micro transactions at this point.

We the fans of Rockstar gave them $1 billion on release day. That money didn't come out of thin air, it came out of our pockets.

Just take one look at GTA online and tell me why we the fans of Rockstar should be paying EVEN MORE for the heap of junk called GTA online.

It was arguably the biggest launch failure in history. Shocking, especially from such a high quality company like Rockstar.

You paid for the single player and maybe a fraction of the online but most of that came free. In reality, a working online could arguably be sold as an entirely separate 60 dollar game, but you're getting it free.

You also make it sound like they expected a perfect launch from the beginning which was not the case and you were warned of that before diving in headfirst.

As for microtransactions, there are a variety of factors to take into account, one such being that after medical bills were lowered, they could have percieved less need for the higher mission payouts to cover deaths. We must also use our brains to consider that there is nothing separating a free player vs somebody who gets a little boost with money. All guns are still the same, all cars and mods are the same, all homes are the same. There is no distinction, no paywall, no permanent advantage, therefore the only thing "forcing" players to buy cash cards is their own impatients and inability to think long term.

abfirstr8
  • abfirstr8

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

Ha, nice virtual "I know you are but what am I??" 

I understand that the cheaters get joy out of cheating. All the glossing over and justification doesn't change what they are though. If it works for you then you're right, nothing I can do about it. Being a self delusional ass that takes the joy from others is your problem, not mine.

Plus, even though you refuse to admit it, I think you really know how wrong you are.

No I believe that there are 2 sides to every argument. I'm always open to a new outlook that I might have missed, or did you not notice that in between your attempted judgmental snide remarks? I admitted that some glitchers are using their money in a annoying way that does ruin the experience for those who are attempting to enjoy themselves. The problem is you make it sound like all glitchers are totally dickwads who just go around blowing stuff up in tanks and buzzards. A lot of glitchers just wanted to buy those nice cars etc. Maybe you have had a different experience than I have, but I haven't encountered many out of the ordinary problems with glitchers that ruined my experience, and I doubt glitchers have caused many legit players to simply feel like the game is ruined because they have less money and supplies than someone else. 

Eventually it probably won't matter once Rockstar gets their stuff together finally, so I vote just everybody enjoy in the way that you do

TheProphet78
  • TheProphet78

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:03 AM

I personally glitched only because i was kicked off xbox live for patch 1.03 after i FINALLY found a good farming team doing rooftop rumble. i farmed about 450,000 and got up to lvl 50 then BANG (Disconnected from xbox live)

i felt raw about this  so much i searched (this website) and found out a new much faster way to get money. the $50k bike glitch, which later transformed into the $219k adder glitch. i took full advantage of that and im sitting high up with $70mil.

and i only started farming (which turned into glitching later on) because rockstar erased/ the cloud forgot my lvl 20 character with a legitimate 190k and full stats + 30 races won. once all that was wiped i threw the rulebook out the damn window

so no sir. glitching is not bad.

it is not bad at all

Glitching to get back lost content is one thing, but you made 70 mill. There's no f*cking way you had that much on a level 20. Your whole I lost a character so it's ok to glitch excuse went out the window along with your rulebook.

You cheated and everytime you kill a player, throw a sticky at someone's car, set a bounty on someone, call Mercs etc. etc. you are directly affecting their game with your cheating.

I lost a level 37 with 2 million. I didn't resort to glitching.

im not using my character loss as an excuse. im using the fact that they patched farming as an excuse. i had already blew 300,000 of the 450,000 on all the guns/attachments i unlocked farming expecting to keep earning the 25k but rockstar patched that. i had in my head all the things i would buy and what i would do with what i bought as i was farming but rockstar snatched that dream from me. 

so obliviously i would take full advantage this time around with the glitch. they broke their own game by removing replay. it literally forced everyone (who has no morals concerning video games) to glitch (because remember, we dont care about your video game morals, we just want teh muunneeeess$ss)

honestly if rockstar kept farming around i would have never bothered with the glitching. but im glad things worked out this way. i dont think i would have ever made 70 mill by farming. ill be somewhere around 4 mil maybe

Regardless of what you think, removing replaying was a choice made by R* which they had every right to do within their game. In their view of the game they broke nothing and replaying missions was not what they wanted for their game. Just because you don't like rockstar's vision for the way you are supposed to play online doesn't give you the right to cheat. It's a bullsh*t excuse.

I'll take Battlefield for example.

If I don't like the fact I can't unlock every gun in a day does that mean I have the right to hack my game and unlock everything? Maybe I think the G36 is weak compared to the ScarH. Does that mean I can hack my guns to have double damage? No of course not.

Back to GTA. Just because you think Rockstar is not letting you earn money fast enough doesn't give you the right to cheat.

i didnt hack though. i took advantage of an exploit multiple times so i dont have to think while buying ammo. so i dont have to feel like crap when i lose cash when i die. so i can change car colors anytime i want to without feeling like i wasted anything. i want to enjoy this game comfortably with out a worry.. like im doing now. its very noble that some of you guys avoided the glitch just because its mmbad mmkay. but there is no cookie at the end of the road for you guys. just a long grind. i do not want to waste time grinding when theres something 200x faster and requires no thought to do.remember is not a hack, just an exploit. you call me a cheater well guess what NEITHER I OR ROCKSTAR CARE evidently so now what?? i guess you could just keep on grinding

if they ever find a way to ban/reset us like your all praying for,  it would be horrible timing considering COD and battlefield AND next gen

proweedsmoker
  • proweedsmoker

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:05 AM Edited by proweedsmoker, 24 October 2013 - 10:08 AM.

Ive never glitched cheated or hacked any game in 16+ years of playing, but I simply don't care if they ban me from GTAO. To be quite honest, I've honestly seen many launches with bugs and glitches that people take advantage of with zero penalty.

I was tired of being broke, losing toons etc.., so I've joined the majority to take advantage of this chance before it gets fixed.

Besides if they really cared, how hard would it have been to code in car sales payment when you exit LSC and not instantly / 15sec payment timer. Billion dollar company lol.

abfirstr8
  • abfirstr8

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:06 AM

Rockstar would be crazy to reset/ban players who used the exploit unless its like those over a ridiculously high number like 100 million. Plus they would loose a lot of players who wouldn't want to put in any more time to essentially start over, and considering that a bunch of new games are coming out soon they probably won't want to risk loosing customers 

Eradicate
  • Eradicate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:06 AM

I personally glitched only because i was kicked off xbox live for patch 1.03 after i FINALLY found a good farming team doing rooftop rumble. i farmed about 450,000 and got up to lvl 50 then BANG (Disconnected from xbox live)

i felt raw about this  so much i searched (this website) and found out a new much faster way to get money. the $50k bike glitch, which later transformed into the $219k adder glitch. i took full advantage of that and im sitting high up with $70mil.

and i only started farming (which turned into glitching later on) because rockstar erased/ the cloud forgot my lvl 20 character with a legitimate 190k and full stats + 30 races won. once all that was wiped i threw the rulebook out the damn window

it is not bad at all

Glitching to get back lost content is one thing, but you made 70 mill. There's no f*cking way you had that much on a level 20. Your whole I lost a character so it's ok to glitch excuse went out the window along with your rulebook.

You cheated and everytime you kill a player, throw a sticky at someone's car, set a bounty on someone, call Mercs etc. etc. you are directly affecting their game with your cheating.

im not using my character loss as an excuse. im using the fact that they patched farming as an excuse. i had already blew 300,000 of the 450,000 on all the guns/attachments i unlocked farming expecting to keep earning the 25k but rockstar patched that. i had in my head all the things i would buy and what i would do with what i bought as i was farming but rockstar snatched that dream from me. 

so obliviously i would take full advantage this time around with the glitch. they broke their own game by removing replay. it literally forced everyone (who has no morals concerning video games) to glitch (because remember, we dont care about your video game morals, we just want teh muunneeeess$ss)

honestly if rockstar kept farming around i would have never bothered with the glitching. but im glad things worked out this way. i dont think i would have ever made 70 mill by farming. ill be somewhere around 4 mil maybe

Regardless of what you think, removing replaying was a choice made by R* which they had every right to do within their game. In their view of the game they broke nothing and replaying missions was not what they wanted for their game. Just because you don't like rockstar's vision for the way you are supposed to play online doesn't give you the right to cheat. It's a bullsh*t excuse.

If I don't like the fact I can't unlock every gun in a day does that mean I have the right to hack my game and unlock everything? Maybe I think the G36 is weak compared to the ScarH. Does that mean I can hack my guns to have double damage? No of course not.

Back to GTA. Just because you think Rockstar is not letting you earn money fast enough doesn't give you the right to cheat.

i didnt hack though. i took advantage of an exploit multiple times so i dont have to think while buying ammo. so i dont have to feel like crap when i lose cash when i die. so i can change car colors anytime i want to without feeling like i wasted anything. i want to enjoy this game comfortably with out a worry.. like im doing now. its very noble that some of you guys avoided the glitch just because its mmbad mmkay. but there is no cookie at the end of the road for you guys. just a long grind. i do not want to waste time grinding when theres something 200x faster and requires no thought to do.remember is not a hack, just an exploit. you call me a cheater well guess what NEITHER I OR ROCKSTAR CARE evidently so now what?? i guess you could just keep on grinding

if they ever find a way to ban/reset us like your all praying for,  it would be horrible timing considering COD and battlefield AND next gen

Actually I believe the glitching going on would qualify under the definition of "hacking". The fact that they put up ways to try to stop it and players keep going around those ways by modifying the method make it a hack, not that the actual definition means as much as you seem to want it to anyway. Yes, you're a cheater, no we can't do anything about it, no your justifications change nothing about what you are. We all just have to live with it I guess.

• TheProphet78 likes this

Eradicate
  • Eradicate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

Rockstar would be crazy to reset/ban players who used the exploit unless its like those over a ridiculously high number like 100 million. Plus they would loose a lot of players who wouldn't want to put in any more time to essentially start over, and considering that a bunch of new games are coming out soon they probably won't want to risk loosing customers 

Umm, customers who already paid them and have cheated their way around giving them more money? Who needs competition with customers like those. I seriously doubt they would care what happened to the cheaters.

abfirstr8
  • abfirstr8

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

From what I've heard hacking would only be if the code was altered in some way, I don't think exploiting their mistake counts.

GTAVMNKYIII
  • GTAVMNKYIII

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

Yes, a griefer is a griefer. A cheating griefer is a lot more powerful and causes a lot more grief. And is also a cheater. How is this an argument in your favor again?

Why are you acting like there is some sort of moral values being broken here? Is it because someone has more pretend guns than you do? You seem to jump on anyone who doesn't care about others who glitch. And to the guy with the airstike quote, why would you use an airstrike?? $12500 for an obvious attack. If you grind missions for air strikes your playing it wrong. Suppose you could go and collect the $100 from the kill.

Eradicate
  • Eradicate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

Why are you acting like there is some sort of moral values being broken here? Is it because someone has more pretend guns than you do? You seem to jump on anyone who doesn't care about others who glitch. And to the guy with the airstike quote, why would you use an airstrike?? $12500 for an obvious attack. If you grind missions for air strikes your playing it wrong. Suppose you could go and collect the $100 from the kill.

If you don't see the basic point then go back and read the thread. If you disagree with the basic point by all means tell me where I'm wrong. This is a total digression.

abfirstr8
  • abfirstr8

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

Umm, customers who already paid them and have cheated their way around giving them more money? Who needs competition with customers like those. I seriously doubt they would care what happened to the cheaters.

Probably not. But I would assume it would be a PR bitch to ban that many people

proweedsmoker
  • proweedsmoker

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

This games online content is doomed forever because of them being lazy and not hot fixing these things asap.

Their only way to fix this would be complete fix of every glitch, then complete reset for everybody.

Eradicate
  • Eradicate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

This games online content is doomed forever because of them being lazy and not hot fixing these things asap.

Their only way to fix this would be complete fix of every glitch, then complete reset for everybody.

That would then be unfair to those who didn't cheat. The only way to REALLY fix it would be a time machine and not botch the release so bad. Short of that the best they could do is figure out as many glitchers as they can and delete their characters. Let those people come by it honestly if they want to play the game.

TheProphet78
  • TheProphet78

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

lmao if they do this i would be laughing so hard

abfirstr8
  • abfirstr8

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

If you don't see the basic point then go back and read the thread. If you disagree with the basic point by all means tell me where I'm wrong. This is a total digression.

This thread was more aimed towards is it wrong to glitch in terms of Rockstar. This thread was questioning the decisions that Rockstar made in the game and how they possibly caused this due to them pushing cash cards. You brought in a new aspect of the way it affects other players... Which hasn't really been a large complaint in here at least. Like Mnky said I feel this is becoming some weird morals type issue... People want to have fun, so they'll do that however they can. If this is becoming a morals issue we could go and talk about how screwed up this game is in general as it promotes grand theft, murder and other things

Bottom Gun
  • Bottom Gun

Formless

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:19 AM Edited by Bottom Gun, 24 October 2013 - 10:20 AM.

A brief answer to OP's question.

URkH6HB.jpg

GlaciusTS
  • GlaciusTS

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

It is a problem yes, but Rockstar needs to take it as a sign that right now money is too scarce and difficult to earn. They are trying way too hard to force those cards down our throats. They should take glitching as a sign that they need to let up.

That said, it does give an unfair advantage over the honest players. But like myself, they should be taking their complaints to Rockstar, not the people glitching.

Eradicate
  • Eradicate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:23 AM

It is a problem yes, but Rockstar needs to take it as a sign that right now money is too scarce and difficult to earn. They are trying way too hard to force those cards down our throats. They should take glitching as a sign that they need to let up.

That said, it does give an unfair advantage over the honest players. But like myself, they should be taking their complaints to Rockstar, not the people glitching.

I would say the cheaters should be taking it to R*, not in their own hands and ruining others' experiences. To each their own I guess.

Luftwaffle
  • Luftwaffle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

it is not bad at all

Hack, exploit same thing in this context. It's cheating and you know it. You cheated. You can't justify it. You've tried and failed. First it's because you lost a character, then it's because you didn't like that R* nerfed farming. Now it's because you don't want to worry about buying stuff. WTF is the point of money in the game at all then. You managed to remove a very important part of multiplayer progression. 

I wouldn't be so sure about R* not caring. They got all the money they are going to get out of you. You obviously aren't going to buy cash cards. Companies don't take kindly to people cheating them out of money. You also discouraged others from buying cash cards. Why spend $20 to buy a Adder now that it's the symbol of a douchebag.  Why leave you around to pollute the community. As for CoD and BF coming out. GTA sold god knows how many copies. There's more than enough people that bought GTA that don't give a sh*t about CoD/BF to keep the community going for a while. Banning glitchers is nothing but a plus for them. Sure it would cut some of the community back but there's no more revenue to be made from the glitching community anyway. Might as well ban them and save money paying for server space not to mention make having 1.2 million mean something again and help with cash card sales. 

GTAVMNKYIII
  • GTAVMNKYIII

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

This thread was more aimed towards is it wrong to glitch in terms of Rockstar. This thread was questioning the decisions that Rockstar made in the game and how they possibly caused this due to them pushing cash cards. You brought in a new aspect of the way it affects other players... Which hasn't really been a large complaint in here at least. Like Mnky said I feel this is becoming some weird morals type issue... People want to have fun, so they'll do that however they can. If this is becoming a morals issue we could go and talk about how screwed up this game is in general as it promotes grand theft, murder and other things

Exactly.
  • abfirstr8 likes this

karmaman1010
  • karmaman1010

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:25 AM

You guys are still debating this? Lol, adorable.

*yawn*

• abfirstr8 likes this

Eradicate
  • Eradicate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:26 AM

Actually the thread was just about if it's wrong to glitch, but I guess sorry if you thought the discussion wasn't following the OP close enough. In that case your issue is with the discussion, not whether I'm right or wrong.

Also a very weak point about the morals of the game, since you could literally take that to any level short of murder.

"Sure I figured out a way to use the online client to steal other people's credit card information and bankrupt them, but this game has MURDER in it so how dare you question my morals!"

Seriously, how hard is it to just admit that you cheat the game and other people without any qualifications?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users