Is glitching money that bad?

104 replies to this topic
JOEBEEZ
  • JOEBEEZ

Fanny Bandit

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:37 AM

Until now I have been against glitching money, however when you think about GTAO and what R* have done it's pretty clear they want to take advantage of diehard fans of the series.

They have purposefully turned GTAO into a grind and have worked tirelessly to destroy anything which helps ease this.

Other things are questionable too, such as:

Being truly free in 'freeroam' means bad sport punishment and paying for death?

A game called Grand Theft Auto requires you to purchase cars in order to keep them?

Glitching to get money is poor form but money from cash cards/stimulus package isn't?

With this in mind does glitching money make someone such a bad person?

If R* show no respect to their fanbase should the fans be obligated to show respect going the other way? I'm not so sure...

RobinTheBrave
  • RobinTheBrave

\ RobinTheDerp /

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

I totally understand people who glitch. I really don't see the difference between buying cash and glitching. You worked for neither of them, one just wastes your real life money. 

BurningBalls
  • BurningBalls

The furthest minion of the Crimson King

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:45 AM Edited by BurningBalls, 24 October 2013 - 08:48 AM.

Considering the absolute mess that is GTA online, with people losing characters/money/properties and progress at the drop of a hat, I can't see how Rockstar can even force people into micro transactions at this point.

We the fans of Rockstar gave them $1 billion on release day. That money didn't come out of thin air, it came out of our pockets.

Just take one look at GTA online and tell me why we the fans of Rockstar should be paying EVEN MORE for the heap of junk called GTA online.

It was arguably the biggest launch failure in history. Shocking, especially from such a high quality company like Rockstar.

Saul G Man
  • Saul G Man

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:49 AM

Nope. You better be fast though, before they patch it :D

Eradicate
  • Eradicate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:49 AM

It's amazing how much gets ignored in the cheaters needs to justify themselves. Yes, the glitching is roughly equal to those who would buy money and that's on R* for the cash grab, however the cheating that we see in the servers is a problem due to how people use it AGAINST OTHER PLAYERS.

Every time a tank is used (minus the maybe 2 people that have gotten it legitimately), every time an attack chopper that was purchased is used, every time a bounty is called by people with no concern for money, every time they used a maxed out super car to hunt down other players, every time they use explosives that they again purchased with no thoughts toward the cost etc etc you are cheating the other players. If you did this in single player mode it would not be an issue at all. Facts are facts though, you're cheating those that do not cheat themselves.

• Slacca likes this

TheProphet78
  • TheProphet78

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:55 AM

I personally glitched only because i was kicked off xbox live for patch 1.03 after i FINALLY found a good farming team doing rooftop rumble. i farmed about 450,000 and got up to lvl 50 then BANG (Disconnected from xbox live)

i felt raw about this  so much i searched (this website) and found out a new much faster way to get money. the $50k bike glitch, which later transformed into the $219k adder glitch. i took full advantage of that and im sitting high up with $70mil.

and i only started farming (which turned into glitching later on) because rockstar erased/ the cloud forgot my lvl 20 character with a legitimate 190k and full stats + 30 races won. once all that was wiped i threw the rulebook out the damn window

so no sir. glitching is not bad.

it is not bad at all

TheProphet78
  • TheProphet78

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

It's amazing how much gets ignored in the cheaters needs to justify themselves. Yes, the glitching is roughly equal to those who would buy money and that's on R* for the cash grab, however the cheating that we see in the servers is a problem due to how people use it AGAINST OTHER PLAYERS.

Every time a tank is used (minus the maybe 2 people that have gotten it legitimately), every time an attack chopper that was purchased is used, every time a bounty is called by people with no concern for money, every time they used a maxed out super car to hunt down other players, every time they use explosives that they again purchased with no thoughts toward the cost etc etc you are cheating the other players. If you did this in single player mode it would not be an issue at all. Facts are facts though, you're cheating those that do not cheat themselves.

its your fault for not glitching kid. i spent the time to do the glitch so i can do ^^^^all this to you and the others that were unaware to the glitch.

i do it because i enjoy it. dont take it personal bro

karmaman1010
  • karmaman1010

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:02 AM

I think I spotted the token rager in every session.

So tell me...is it cheating when I spend $40 and get 2.5million GTA$...and then use that 2.5mil to buy a tank, or buy an attack chopper, or place bounties, or max out a super car, or buy explosives constantly?

ste123
  • ste123

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:05 AM

I need it to feed my ignition bomb addiction.

Imo anyway, its no different than buying cash cards, one just costs people money.

Luftwaffle
  • Luftwaffle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:06 AM Edited by Luftwaffle, 24 October 2013 - 09:21 AM.

I personally glitched only because i was kicked off xbox live for patch 1.03 after i FINALLY found a good farming team doing rooftop rumble. i farmed about 450,000 and got up to lvl 50 then BANG (Disconnected from xbox live)

i felt raw about this  so much i searched (this website) and found out a new much faster way to get money. the $50k bike glitch, which later transformed into the $219k adder glitch. i took full advantage of that and im sitting high up with $70mil.

and i only started farming (which turned into glitching later on) because rockstar erased/ the cloud forgot my lvl 20 character with a legitimate 190k and full stats + 30 races won. once all that was wiped i threw the rulebook out the damn window

it is not bad at all

Glitching to get back lost content is one thing, but you made 70 mill. There's no f*cking way you had that much on a level 20. Your whole I lost a character so it's ok to glitch excuse went out the window along with your rulebook.

You cheated and everytime you kill a player, throw a sticky at someone's car, set a bounty on someone, call Mercs etc. etc. you are directly affecting their game with your cheating.

I lost a level 37 with 2 million. I didn't resort to glitching.

On cash cards: I'm sorry cash cards and glitching are not the same. Take mr 70 mill here. I seriously doubt he would spend $1,166 on cash cards. More money has been made (much more) by glitching than money that ever will be made from cash card sales. If you ask the glitchers if they would buy anywhere near the amount of money they glitched in cash cards I bet everyone of them would say hell no. On a person to person basis it is no different if some glitched or bought 5 mill, but community wide, a hell of a lot more people have glitched than will buy cash cards. LSC glitching has introduced much more cash into the game then cash cards have or will. So glitching=/=cash cards.

everydaynormalguy
  • everydaynormalguy

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:06 AM

the glitching has gone to a point where i see rockstar saying f*ck it and cutting their losses and just accepting their online game is a fail. 

Eradicate
  • Eradicate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:06 AM Edited by Eradicate, 24 October 2013 - 09:07 AM.

So tell me...is it cheating when I spend $40 and get 2.5million GTA$...and then use that 2.5mil to buy a tank, or buy an attack chopper, or place bounties, or max out a super car, or buy explosives constantly?

Yes this is me overcome with rage. And I do actually agree with you on that point, which is why R* themselves have no right to complain, other than their loss of funds. What you have done though is bait and switch. Fact is you still cheated for money that is then by and large used to affect other players' time negatively. But yes, R* is implementing micro transactions, great (if irrelevant) point.

GTAVMNKYIII
  • GTAVMNKYIII

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:10 AM

Play the game how you want to play. The amount of money you have effects nobody else in the game. So what if someone has a tank from glitches and blows you up a few times!! It's fun to try to take on a tank. It's either that probably never see one at all. And to think that all who glitch just spawn rape and troll is wrong. They just want the money fast and are doing everyone else a favour by keeping the cash cards off the market place. A big F**k you very much to R* who are trying to exploit it's loyal fans with microtransactions for sh*t. I do not glitch by the way, finally got to 200k last night.

Eradicate
  • Eradicate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:13 AM

Play the game how you want to play. The amount of money you have effects nobody else in the game. So what if someone has a tank from glitches and blows you up a few times!!

Please tell me you can see the flaw in that logic. Regardless if you think it's fun or not some people simply don't want to deal with that crap. Also, to say that not ALL cheaters ruin everyone else's game is a very very weak argument as to why there is nothing wrong with doing it.

Raindancer
  • Raindancer

Beer monster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:13 AM

LOL found it funny you are all talking about GTA$ and the advert at the bottom of the thread is 

Government Schemes & Debt Help. 75% of your debts written off today

Luftwaffle
  • Luftwaffle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:18 AM Edited by Luftwaffle, 24 October 2013 - 09:19 AM.

Would you actually spend $40 though?

BrightonGTA
  • BrightonGTA

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:19 AM Edited by BrightonGTA, 24 October 2013 - 09:19 AM.

the glitching has gone to a point where i see rockstar saying f*ck it and cutting their losses and just accepting their online game is a fail. 

I'm pretty confident that they'll be tagging all the glitchers, who will have their characters reset & money taken away in good time.

Too much is at stake, both in credibility and in $$$ for them not to do that.

abfirstr8
  • abfirstr8

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:21 AM

No its not wrong you gave Rockstar 60 bucks along with the millions of other people who bought the game and they released a product that had a whole economy shaped around cash cards... Then even after that they kept on nerfing all the payouts making it bs to make any real money.

Rockstar said that microtransactions are there for people who want to earn it quicker. How is this in theory any different than glitching other than the fact that in one scenario youre throwing more money at a company that just made billions of dollars?

Eradicate
  • Eradicate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:23 AM

No its not wrong you gave Rockstar 60 bucks along with the millions of other people who bought the game and they released a product that had a whole economy shaped around cash cards... Then even after that they kept on nerfing all the payouts making it bs to make any real money.

Rockstar said that microtransactions are there for people who want to earn it quicker. How is this in theory any different than glitching other than the fact that in one scenario youre throwing more money at a company that just made billions of dollars?

I guess sticking to your beliefs is very easy when you ignore all the previous arguments that blatantly explain how you are cheating the game/other players.

Luftwaffle
  • Luftwaffle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

Speaking of bans. I have some info that points to R* is atleast thinking about bans, but I know the idiots on here will just rant, rave, and deny it so I'm keeping it to myself.

TheProphet78
  • TheProphet78

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:24 AM Edited by TheProphet78, 24 October 2013 - 09:27 AM.

it is not bad at all

Glitching to get back lost content is one thing, but you made 70 mill. There's no f*cking way you had that much on a level 20. Your whole I lost a character so it's ok to glitch excuse went out the window along with your rulebook.

You cheated and everytime you kill a player, throw a sticky at someone's car, set a bounty on someone, call Mercs etc. etc. you are directly affecting their game with your cheating.

im not using my character loss as an excuse. im using the fact that they patched farming as an excuse. i had already blew 300,000 of the 450,000 on all the guns/attachments i unlocked farming expecting to keep earning the 25k but rockstar patched that. i had in my head all the things i would buy and what i would do with what i bought as i was farming but rockstar snatched that dream from me. 

so obviously i would take full advantage this time around with the glitch. they broke their own game by removing replay. it literally forced everyone (who has no morals concerning video games) to glitch (because remember, we dont care about your video game morals, we just want teh muunneeeess$ss)

honestly if rockstar kept farming around i would have never bothered with the glitching. but im glad things worked out this way. i dont think i would have ever made 70 mill by farming. ill be somewhere around 4 mil maybe

Eradicate
  • Eradicate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

Speaking of bans. I have some info that points to R* is atleast thinking about bans, but I know the idiots on here will just rant, rave, and deny it so I'm keeping it to myself.

I don't really hope for bans, I hope for complete resets. Could you imagine these people that go around like they've accomplished something because they have 100 million dollars and can kill so easily because of all the crap they have? The thought of them being so humbled is delicious.

GTAVMNKYIII
  • GTAVMNKYIII

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

Play the game how you want to play. The amount of money you have effects nobody else in the game. So what if someone has a tank from glitches and blows you up a few times!!

Please tell me you can see the flaw in that logic. Regardless if you think it's fun or not some people simply don't want to deal with that crap. Also, to say that not ALL cheaters ruin everyone else's game is a very very weak argument as to why there is nothing wrong with doing it.

Tell me the diffrence to you from being blown up by a legit tank or sticky bomb and being blown up by them from someone who glitches?

Nothing, is the answer. You have no idea of their bank balance, how they acquired the ammo unless they tell you. The crying and complaining makes it entertaining for them either way, glitcher or not.

Luftwaffle
  • Luftwaffle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:35 AM

it is not bad at all

im not using my character loss as an excuse. im using the fact that they patched farming as an excuse. i had already blew 300,000 of the 450,000 on all the guns/attachments i unlocked farming expecting to keep earning the 25k but rockstar patched that. i had in my head all the things i would buy and what i would do with what i bought as i was farming but rockstar snatched that dream from me. 

so obliviously i would take full advantage this time around with the glitch. they broke their own game by removing replay. it literally forced everyone (who has no morals concerning video games) to glitch (because remember, we dont care about your video game morals, we just want teh muunneeeess$ss)

honestly if rockstar kept farming around i would have never bothered with the glitching. but im glad things worked out this way. i dont think i would have ever made 70 mill by farming. ill be somewhere around 4 mil maybe

Regardless of what you think, removing replaying was a choice made by R* which they had every right to do within their game. In their view of the game they broke nothing and replaying missions was not what they wanted for their game. Just because you don't like rockstar's vision for the way you are supposed to play online doesn't give you the right to cheat. It's a bullsh*t excuse.

I'll take Battlefield for example.

If I don't like the fact I can't unlock every gun in a day does that mean I have the right to hack my game and unlock everything? Maybe I think the G36 is weak compared to the ScarH. Does that mean I can hack my guns to have double damage? No of course not.

Back to GTA. Just because you think Rockstar is not letting you earn money fast enough doesn't give you the right to cheat.

abfirstr8
  • abfirstr8

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:35 AM

I guess sticking to your beliefs is very easy when you ignore all the previous arguments that blatantly explain how you are cheating the game/other players.

You're one to talk. You're nearly the only person in here pretty much saying not to do it. The fact is  Rockstar made over priced weapons etc and very little mission payouts barely enough to break even... So people got fed up with it and the fact that their characters got lost etc so they decided to glitch. Frankly I don't care if a sticky bombs and ammo are bought with legit cash or not, if someone is gonna be a dick and attack you then they will do it... Doesn't mean everyone who glitched is running around just rampaging everyone. Dicks are dicks

Eradicate
  • Eradicate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

You're one to talk. You're nearly the only person in here pretty much saying not to do it. The fact is  Rockstar made over priced weapons etc and very little mission payouts barely enough to break even... So people got fed up with it and the fact that their characters got lost etc so they decided to glitch. Frankly I don't care if a sticky bombs and ammo are bought with legit cash or not, if someone is gonna be a dick and attack you then they will do it... Doesn't mean everyone who glitched is running around just rampaging everyone. Dicks are dicks

Wow, other people here glitch so you're right somehow! Fact is cheating gives these players an unfair advantage over other players. Of all those who do it the only argument for it that doesn't amount to "because I like what I get" is that R* deserves it, which is great except for the whole cheating the other players part.

Epi
  • Epi

might be a girl in rl

• Members

farming = lame but legal

glitching = lame and illigal, stop making excusses it's lame.

buy cards - lame and legal, but mostly for ppl that dont have a lot of time

i dont care how much you think rockstar f-ed up the game

you'r still doing something you know you shouldnt

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

As much as I love Rockstar and their games... no one can deny that they HAVE made earning money hard. At first I thought that was because they wanted Heists to be the main attraction but to be completely honest...... I think its the cash cards. I dont blame them, they have to support this project for long term and I have absolutely no problem with it unless you start shoving your cash cards down my throat... unfortunately thats what they have been doing. 

Taking out replay toggle, I understand.... but ridiculous rewards for missions and then a half of it when you repeat it... taking out ways to complete survival to make it harder.... thats bullsh*t. Thats where I can see they are now being desperate. You cant make a game which has expensive cars with expensive mods and properties and then expect people to do $3-9k jobs for the rest of their lives. Ofcourse people will want to buy better cars, no one wants to wait a year and repeat jobs for half of the reward for months. 

They keep saying they did it to balance the economy... no thats not how you do that. To have a fully modded Entity XF I need atleast around $1 million, how the hell can I earn 1 million with those 3k or 9k or even18k payouts that I cant even replay? Thats unbalanced. To make it all balanced they should create more missions.

Today a guy just posted his career overview screenshot, he was level 100 and had invested 8 full days in this game and the most he made was $4 million...... you call that balanced?.. I call that bullsh*t!

Eradicate
  • Eradicate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:40 AM

farming = lame but legal

glitching = lame and illigal, stop making excusses it's lame.

buy cards - lame and legal, but mostly for ppl that dont have a lot of time

i dont care how much you think rockstar f-ed up the game

you'r still doing something you know you shouldnt

The fact that they refuse to face what they're doing head on is a great indicator that they know they're wrong.

Marcus-F1
  • Marcus-F1

Benefactor collector

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:41 AM

You're totally right, I never glitched, but I couldn't care less if someone did. I like the some what slow progress, but I can understand that some people what tot have everything in the beginning. And even if you're playing legit you can be a complete ass.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users