Photo

Being caught taking a selfie

13 replies to this topic
tokyocean
  • tokyocean

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:01 AM Edited by tokyocean, 24 October 2013 - 08:03 AM.

Before I start, let me briefly tell you what a selfie is in case you didn't know. A selfie is basically a self-taken photo of yourself, likely via a cell phone. It's essentially a self-portrait.

I don't even take selfies that frequently. It's just that I do every once in a while when I feel like it. My uncle recently caught me taking a selfie while I was wearing a Warriors snapback. I guess I did that because the Golden State Warriors are about to start off their season, and I'm a fan of theirs. I don't think that many of you on here care so much about sports from what I've seen.

Anyway, that embarrassed the hell out of me. For a moment, I felt purposeless. These past several days, I've been thinking of starting to collect snapbacks again. I did that a while back, but I stopped since I just lost interest in it. Now, I guess I've gained newfound interest in hats. I'd only buy and wear hats of teams that I truly like, though. I'm not one of those teenage kids who care about and talk about "swag" all the time. Those kids would wear snapbacks of teams they don't even know about, but they buy and wear them just for the colors. There's nothing wrong with that since that's just part of growing up and evolving as a person, but that just isn't my cup of tea.

I guess I deal with social anxiety, so I might be overreacting about the situation. It should be normal of a thing to do, but I guess it's just different for me. I wouldn't mind if one of my cousins around my age caught me doing that, though, since they'd understand. They'd understand the hype, I guess you can say, about Instagram, selfies, social networking websites, and so on. I'm trying to convince myself that it's perfectly fine since I'm still eighteen and I'm still a kid in a way, but it's not helping enough.

Finally, I'd like to apologize if you think it's strange that I care so much. I've been misjudged a lot in middle school and high school, so I've become self-conscious, being extremely concerned about what others think of me. Prior to those years, I didn't let much phase me. I guess I decided to tell you this to vent and to request your advice. Have you dealt with this?

• Ramyhyday likes this

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:07 AM

Just tell him a girl asked you to send it to her. He'll understand.

tokyocean
  • tokyocean

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:12 AM Edited by tokyocean, 24 October 2013 - 08:14 AM.

Haha, are you trolling? Sorry. I can't seem to tell. Besides, it's already over, so I can't even say that even if I wanted to.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:17 AM

Haha, are you trolling? Sorry. I can't seem to tell. Besides, it's already over, so I can't even say that even if I wanted to.

How is that trolling? He'll be glad his nephew isn't gay and proud that he's trying for the girls. Seriously though, it's not that bad, I take like 20 selfies a day for snap chat haha, and so do most of my friends.

tokyocean
  • tokyocean

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:46 AM

How is that trolling? He'll be glad his nephew isn't gay and proud that he's trying for the girls. Seriously though, it's not that bad, I take like 20 selfies a day for snap chat haha, and so do most of my friends.

Taking selfies shouldn't be considered feminine to begin with. I guess I'll start changing my habits. After all, I'm kind of tired of being so concerned about how I look.

stu
  • stu

I'm finished.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

So how did it get resolved?

Anyways it's nothing to be bothered about, he only caught you taking a selfie. Unless you were also sexting at the same time with your cock out then it's no big deal.

• F4L? likes this

Sauron
  • Sauron

chillin' like a mega villain

• The Precinct

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

Guess what? I"M JUDGING YOU RIGHT NOW

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

forum prankster haha i prank u!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

Who cares? Tell him you were taking a picture of yourself. There's no such thing as social anxiety. Just low confidence.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

You could go for a completely different approach. Tell him you were getting ready to sext your boyfriend who just got outta prison
  • OG Sunny, RoadRunner71 and PaletoChickenCapo like this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

You could go for a completely different approach. Tell him you were getting ready to sext your boyfriend who just got outta prison

You, sir, have made my morning xD

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

5KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

This sounds like the kind of subject you would see in a reality show. I don't take pictures of myself very often and I don't like the kind of photos you are talking about, especially mirror shots. Those are lazy and I don't see the point in taking a dozen pictures of yourself that all look the same (this is what usually happens on social networks). You're not that beautiful. In fact statistically speaking everybody is pretty much average in terms of looks.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

My uncle recently caught me taking a selfie while I was wearing a Warriors snapback.

Better than being caught giving a selfie.

• Moonshield and PaletoChickenCapo like this

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:12 AM

Selfies aren't "hype." Calling it a selfie is what's new, but people have taken pictures of themselves like that ever since pictures started getting easy to do. Your uncle understands, and if he doesn't he at least doesn't care as much as you do, and probably not at all.

If it's not a problem you think you can fix then the best thing you can do is take your mind off the mistake you think you made and move on. Go find a cool hat or something. :^:

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

Yeah. "Selfies" aren't a problem, don't worry about it. Snapbacks, however...

• Harley likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users