I knew police were overpowered...

75 replies to this topic
BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:57 AM

They just spawn where it fits.. And their cars is the best cars ever- when I drive on the high way with my fully modded Coquette, they catch up on me and bumps me so hard sometimes that my car spin. BUT!! When I steal a cop car, it's just a medium/slow car..

they do have a bit of a hard time keeping up with my upgraded f620

Depends on how many stars you have, at least it does for me. With one or two stars, they usually can't catch up, but with three stars they have like a switch turbo that turns on.. 

jesg
  • jesg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:57 AM

Real pain when using the attack buzzard. Was just in a fight with a tank. As soon as I shot the cops show up, then you can't use missiles cause they do nothing but lock onto cops.

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:22 AM

Cops are insane. They throw their cars in front of my tank. I haven't met anyone else that takes his job so seriously.

• rampage08 and gnad1992 like this

petenasty
  • petenasty

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:23 AM

They just spawn where it fits.. And their cars is the best cars ever- when I drive on the high way with my fully modded Coquette, they catch up on me and bumps me so hard sometimes that my car spin. BUT!! When I steal a cop car, it's just a medium/slow car..

they do have a bit of a hard time keeping up with my upgraded f620

Sometimes they can't keep pace
Sometimes they have jet engines

Its random when they want to be a real pain in the ass.
  • BuyMeTheMoon likes this

Pelican
  • Pelican

The one who knocks

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:48 AM

Cops are such a big buzzkill when you're trying to have fun. You shoot another player and you engage in a little fun exchange of bullets? Cops will come and shoot at both of you to stop you from having fun! 

Trying to hide from the cops in a location where they couldn't possibly know you are? They will zone in on you!

Think you got away? SPAWNTIME!

Oh look, the chopper that can spot you through walls and roofs. 

OMFG, IT'S BEEN A WHOLE MINUTE. STOP COMING AFTER ME! 

How the hell are you hitting me from so far? Stop with your perfect aim, damn it! 

Courtesy Flush George
  • Courtesy Flush George

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:50 AM

http://weknowgifs.co...-since-no-pics/

If someone has to click on a link to see your gif... Then sir, you have failed.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

This has happened to me on single player but I can't remember for GTAO, but I was in deep in the subway trying to hide from cops, when suddenly random muzzle flashes from a shotgun began appearing in my direction, when I stood up out of cover I saw two muzzle flashes before I died.. The GTA4 Curse is still going.

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:13 AM

But i didn't know they could teleport?

I was on a roof just sniping peds out of boredom and had a wanted level and felt pretty safe since nobody could get on the roof without a helicopter.

I got shot in the face by a policeman on the roof of the building and he can't have got up there without the use of magic.

35284117.jpg

• Cool Story Bro likes this

rampage08
  • rampage08

I do not fear, for you are with me...

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

Cops are insane. They throw their cars in front of my tank. I haven't met anyone else that takes his job so seriously.

You've gotta give credit for their motivation bro, aint got no cops having that kind of motivation in real life lol

gnad1992
  • gnad1992

f*ck off

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:49 AM

And this is another reason to do glitches. Just call lester and it's done :)

Victor_714
  • Victor_714

Kid Detector

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:52 AM Edited by Victor_714, 24 October 2013 - 09:54 AM.

The cops really need to be toned down in this game. Some of the sh*t they do is just ridiculous, lol.

They suicide in order to take your tank down. Every time I'm on a tank at least 3 or 4 police cars ram by tank from behind. The cars obviously explode damaging my tank. 

Inb4 thats what she said. 

igottapi4
  • igottapi4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

I hate cops. When I start robbing stores I do all 20 one after the other in twos. It takes time but loosing a 3 star is a pain I rather avoid. Anyways. the last three stores I do together since the last store has a bridge right there where I can escape the heli but for some reason the last time I did it it just didnt work. I was hidden but the stars wouldnt go to blinking and all of sudden it started raining cops, there were five or six cops car on the bridge and all those cops just started dropping and they just killed me.

NombreDeLaBeast
  • NombreDeLaBeast

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:56 AM Edited by NombreDeLaBeast, 24 October 2013 - 09:59 AM.

I love it when I drive off a cliff. Clearly I am not going to stop so why the hell do they feel the need to fly with me, and they go flying over/under/into my car. half the time they explode on impact or barrel roll down the side of the mountain while I do a back flip, flip them off and go on my merry way. 

The aim is the only thing that bugs the hell out of me. The turbo speed doesnt really bother me because I usually zig zag the entire time and they panic then stop ramming speed...most of the time lol.

CunoVonRembold
  • CunoVonRembold

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

Easy deaths > need cash to refill ammo'n sh*t > dont have cash > buy cash card.

simple as that.

Pburke1
  • Pburke1

The Boss

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:13 AM

I quite like how brutal they are, makes people think twice about just going on a rampage. But I do understand how annoying it is when a cop goes full rambo and kills you for jack sh*t.

Pelican
  • Pelican

The one who knocks

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

I quite like how brutal they are, makes people think twice about just going on a rampage. But I do understand how annoying it is when a cop goes full rambo and kills you for jack sh*t.

It makes people think twice about doing anything. Rob a store, carjack one guy, just punch someone for sh*ts and giggles, shoot ONE OTHER PLAYER ONCE. 

Hypertion
  • Hypertion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

Ahem....

Get a 2 star wanted level and find a big intersection.. drive in circles and see how many cops you can get corralled.

i have gotten 10+ Cop cars in a bumper car like lump, smashing into each other trying to follow me only to drive into a buddy. at 2 stars they wont shoot unless they get out of their cars and because you are constantly moving they will keep following you in their cars.

if you do this, then suddenly accelerate away, you leave behind them all because of how long it takes them to actually get to where they can follow you.

Ya NPCs in general have some crazy accuracy and i have been one shot in the head while sniping at the absolute limit of the range the AI will actually shoot back.

BravoTwoZero
  • BravoTwoZero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

I've been 3 shot killed by a heli at high altitude whilst barrel rolling in a cash truck down mount chiliad. There aim is beyond impressive.

DEERxBanshee
  • DEERxBanshee

Badder den dem

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:33 AM

The police are annoying as hell. I love how I can be driving in the railroad track tunnels and the spawn driving down there as well

James_Rogers
  • James_Rogers

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

What irks me is R* have the commitment to nerf all mission payments but can't fix inherent flaws like the cop AI

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

I've been 3 shot killed by a heli at high altitude whilst barrel rolling in a cash truck down mount chiliad. There aim is beyond impressive.

1388845-vader.jpg

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:07 PM

Cops that feel the need to:

Get in front and slam on the brakes, most annoying because desoute you having more power, somehow their cars are made nuetrin star cores

Driving towards you, veer directly into your path, causing you to slam into them, at speed, and they are completely unscathed. Horsesh*t right there let me tell you, if I slam into you in a semi, you shouldnt just turn around and keep in keepin on.

All pilots are clones of maverick and goose. Period.

Can get out of their cars with weapons already drawn apparently.

Are also all WANTED bullet curving assassins.

I think our characters have rfid chips. Thats the only way how cops seen to "smell" that "that guy who we have no clue what he looks like or what he drives is uo the ridge behind that rock 2 miles away from the scene of the crime", and how random ass citizens out bounties on you for stealing their car, because they just dial up 1800"thatf*ckingf*ckwhostolemycar" and the operator gives them your name and cell number.

jerrodh7244
  • jerrodh7244

The Big Boss

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

they didnt teleport up there, they get dropped off by helicopter via fast roping

Why this does happen, they do teleport too...

hugh750
  • hugh750

JUST PLAIN CRAZY!!!

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

Cops that feel the need to:

Get in front and slam on the brakes, most annoying because desoute you having more power, somehow their cars are made nuetrin star cores

Driving towards you, veer directly into your path, causing you to slam into them, at speed, and they are completely unscathed. Horsesh*t right there let me tell you, if I slam into you in a semi, you shouldnt just turn around and keep in keepin on.

All pilots are clones of maverick and goose. Period.

Can get out of their cars with weapons already drawn apparently.

Are also all WANTED bullet curving assassins.

I think our characters have rfid chips. Thats the only way how cops seen to "smell" that "that guy who we have no clue what he looks like or what he drives is uo the ridge behind that rock 2 miles away from the scene of the crime", and how random ass citizens out bounties on you for stealing their car, because they just dial up 1800"thatf*ckingf*ckwhostolemycar" and the operator gives them your name and cell number.

they seem to sometimes have bullets that go through cars as well.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

The biggest pain is that they start cheating inside their cars at 3 stars.

2 stars and they´re lame drivers that you can get rid of just naling two corners.

3 stars and you can drive in Vettelesque fashion all you want, they won´t lose you as they get a spaceship of a car, and if they corner wrong, they just respawn 5 meters behind you.

Building a proper AI that could actually drive, and throw it in big numbers after you, THAT would have been way better than throwing us these cheaters. You don´t get any satisfaction fighting/escaping them even if it goes well most of times.

Frostyman007
  • Frostyman007

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

I shot some guy out by the beach with a silenced gun while getting the cargo drop box, one star wanted level, got killed by one of the attackers, no cops in sight. "Your car has been impounded by the cops"

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

No cheap excuses for glitching, please.

gnad1992
  • gnad1992

f*ck off

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

No cheap excuses for glitching, please.

That is just my opinion.

If you don't like glitching, that's ok for me.

primevil60
  • primevil60

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

LOL @ all these ppl whining about the cops.  YOU HAVE THE ADVANTAGE.  YOU KNOW WHERE THEY ARE AT ALL TIMES.  Who cares if they are accurate if you keep one eye on the radar you can get away 95% of the time within 5 minutes. 

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

LOL @ all these ppl whining about the cops.  YOU HAVE THE ADVANTAGE.  YOU KNOW WHERE THEY ARE AT ALL TIMES.  Who cares if they are accurate if you keep one eye on the radar you can get away 95% of the time within 5 minutes. 

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, a worthless post, brought to you by a poster with nothing worthwhile to add.

~fin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users