» «
Photo

annihilator and buzzard: understanding them and their roles

55 replies to this topic
xMementoMorix
  • xMementoMorix

GTAO Aerial Ace

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:31 AM Edited by xMementoMorix, 24 October 2013 - 07:12 AM.

As a veteran pilot, we will be going through an explanation between these two attack helicoptors and what their pros and cons are so you can utilize their strengths for the right situations. And i could care less about ur whining for a helicopter buff just because u noobs cant aim ur machineguns

ahem as i was saying we shall go over these two vehicles.

Annihilator:
this attack chopper suppose to hv stealth capabilities as it said in the description, it does not. anyways many would think that the buzzard is superior in every way. this is clearly false as the annihilator has its own pros. due to its large and heavy fame, this chopper is slightly slower than the buzzard but makes up for it with great defense and stability. its been shown through testing that its easier to aim the machine guns with the annihilator due to its stability and its large size as well as larger cockpit actually protects you from incoming fire more efficiently but the size also means that a poor pilot has a greater chance of colliding to a building. It has four machine guns that can provide a greater suppresion to the enemy as opposed to the buzzards two machine guns and thus makes more useful against infantry but poor against vehicles. the problem though is that the machine guns are spread apart from the crosshairs so you may need to turn slighly to hit ur mark. its also great for transportation since it can hold 6 ppl and the buzzard can only carry four.

Buzzard:
compared to the annihilator, the buzzard boast tremendous speed and agility as well as firepower but it also has its drawbacks. its light and small frame allows you to become much more maneuverable and can dodge missile with relative ease as well as being able to operate in a more confined space. however its defense are pretty low since ur cockpit is surrounded by glass, you are more prone to get shot in the buzzard than in the annihilator. the two machine guns are abit more closer to the crosshair so you hv a better chance of scoring a hit but its low stability will give you trouble aiming ur shots. the missiles is wat gives it a superior firwpower over the annihilator and capable of locking on to aerial vehicles (any enemy in missions) making it strong in vehicle destruction. the copilot can take over the missiles and fire then in a nightvision camera, though not much information can be added for that featr since i rarely use it

so in all the annihilator is a defense type helicopter that has a supression role and effective against infantry while the buzzard is an attacker role with hit and run tactics and effective against vehicles. i hope this helps some of u pilots out there. I apologies if i made any spelling errors since im typing from a mobile device
  • Tordenkylling, LeRocket, Violent Duct and 5 others like this

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:33 AM

InB4 TL;DR memes flood.

qop
  • qop

Overpowered

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:36 AM

Very informative and impressive since you typed all this with a mobile device good work

• Tordenkylling likes this

xMementoMorix
  • xMementoMorix

GTAO Aerial Ace

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:40 AM

Very informative and impressive since you typed all this with a mobile device good work

ty^^. i was on a android galaxyS when i typed this

xMementoMorix
  • xMementoMorix

GTAO Aerial Ace

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:52 AM

Can anyone pin this thread as well so ppl can know about these chopper instead of asking which is bettr? i would be greatly appreciated :)

Zombiejaeger
  • Zombiejaeger

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:57 AM

A question to people who use helicopters a lot (and are good at it):

Which cam do you use in chopper? The "1st person" view or the normal 3rd person view?

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:07 AM

Can anyone pin this thread as well so ppl can know about these chopper instead of asking which is bettr? i would be greatly appreciated :)

All you did was state the obvious.

• GamerPatriot and arziben like this

Jolly SWAGman
  • Jolly SWAGman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:13 AM

Nice thread. Very informative. Can this please be pinned?

xMementoMorix
  • xMementoMorix

GTAO Aerial Ace

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:09 AM

Which cam do you use in chopper? The "1st person" view or the normal 3rd person view?

the third person is a must because u need to keep watch of ur helicoptor tail from hitting obstacles

xMementoMorix
  • xMementoMorix

GTAO Aerial Ace

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:14 AM

All you did was state the obvious.

not everyone knows this. as i said, many ppl look at the buzzard without considering the annihilator's strengths

kotaco
  • kotaco

Clan mXm

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:14 AM

In simpler words, the Annihilator is based on the Blackhawk and a great transport chopper for moving people.

The Buzzard is a based on the Little Bird which is meant more for offensive/attack roles or quick insertion/extraction of a smaller team.

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:18 AM

Makes me wanna watch black hawk downn

xMementoMorix
  • xMementoMorix

GTAO Aerial Ace

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:28 AM

I understand why ppl go to buzzer though. most dnt even know how to aim the machine guns so ppl spam missiles lol

petenasty
  • petenasty

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:30 AM

All in all, I still can't hit a goddamn thing with the guns on either so I gave up.
  • iJuanYouLost likes this

jesg
  • jesg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:46 AM

If i'm using weapons I use first person, if i'm flying/landing I use 3rd

xMementoMorix
  • xMementoMorix

GTAO Aerial Ace

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:42 AM

All in all, I still can't hit a goddamn thing with the guns on either so I gave up.

keep practicing and ull get the hang of it :)

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:56 AM

Co-pilot dosn't take control of missiles, they get access to a secondary set of missiles.

Also worth noteing that the buzzard can have 2 people in the back armed with primary weapons (such as the mg)

xMementoMorix
  • xMementoMorix

GTAO Aerial Ace

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

Co-pilot dosn't take control of missiles, they get access to a secondary set of missiles.

Also worth noteing that the buzzard can have 2 people in the back armed with primary weapons (such as the mg)

u cant use the missile wen copilot takes control, this i know. im pretty sure alot would know they can use their primary weapon wen riding in the bak. good input though

GRINCH ASS BITCH
  • GRINCH ASS BITCH

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

First person.

wallpaper42
  • wallpaper42

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:45 AM

I think the game needs a real attack helicopter. Like an Apache or something. 

Pixelhouse
  • Pixelhouse

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:50 AM Edited by Pixelhouse, 24 October 2013 - 09:52 AM.

So the buzzard allows 2nd person to aim and shoot?
I bought the annihilator because i thought that was the chopper but it was not.

I also hate to fly it its very linear, might buy the buzzard.

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

the buzzard is the best helicopter on this game. the anallater is too slow and once more people unlock the rpg you are a sitting duck. the buzzard doesn't even need the machine guns when you can just spam missiles at other players.

the buzzard is free at level 45 the other one im not sure if it unlocks or has to be bought at $2 million.

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

Buzzard

- Faster

- More manoeuvrable

- Smaller target

- Missiles

- Cheaper to buy

- More common to find

Annihilator

- Better protected cockpit

- Seats 6 rather than 4

- More stable flight

Reaaally not seeing the point in the Annihilator. The missiles make the Buzzard much better vs aircraft, much better vs ground vehicle and better vs infantry (better might be arguable, easier is definitely true).

You can score good missile hits from pretty far away but the from my experience the miniguns seem to have pathetic range even which kinda undermines the point of being accurate with them and the Annihilator having extra guns doesn’t seem to help because the guns are more spread out. And even if you’re good at scoring long range kills with the guns you STILL won’t have the same ability to kill infantry around corners or hiding in-cover.

DSO_BillV
  • DSO_BillV

Wiggle goo

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

Or, we could use either chopper however we goddamn wish.

xMementoMorix
  • xMementoMorix

GTAO Aerial Ace

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

You can use watever u want. I just wanted to share this imformation in case anyone is planning to buy either one

Kracus
  • Kracus

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

Good info! Explains why that buzzard was shooting missiles directly down at me the other day. I couldn't figure out how the pilot was pointing them down without losing control of the chopper.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

u cant use the missile wen copilot takes control, this i know. im pretty sure alot would know they can use their primary weapon wen riding in the bak. good input though

I took control over the Buzzard's camera, but I couldn't get the thing to fire any missles. Any help? I wasn't in the passenger seat for long enough to figure it out....pushing triangle doesn't work   LOL

GamerPatriot
  • GamerPatriot

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:37 PM Edited by GamerPatriot, 24 October 2013 - 06:37 PM.

I think the the Annihilator needs tracers and more damage for the guns. I have no ideal if my rounds are hitting the target and they somehow survive getting hit by 4 guns. 

A1-WaSHoUt-1
  • A1-WaSHoUt-1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:39 PM Edited by A1-WaSHoUt-1, 24 October 2013 - 06:39 PM.

The annihilator is more of an assault helo, it can take a bit more of beating and carry 2 more ppl so could be good for heist getaway.

finath
  • finath

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

I took control over the Buzzard's camera, but I couldn't get the thing to fire any missles. Any help? I wasn't in the passenger seat for long enough to figure it out....pushing triangle doesn't work   LOL

You shoot with R2.

• Black Rabbit likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users