Photo

Grinding for pennies?

17 replies to this topic
Heisenb-rg
  • Heisenb-rg

King Pin

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:30 AM

R* is taking the sh*t out of us with these missions and patches. The money earned from missions are relatively low - I just finished a Gerald mission where I got chased by The Lost from Blaine County or something all the way to his house just to get a measly 7K... I dunno about you guys, but I feel like they need to increase the pay-outs or give us new missions, 'cause right now, I don't see it's worth. 

The game has great potential, but things like this will lead other players to start glitching for money and I kind of don't blame them either. It's obvious this will boost sales in Money Cards, but if they're just going to start trying to squeeze money out of us with every chance they get, I don't see myself playing the MP much longer. 

I want to hear your take on this matter, I can't be the only one that feels this way. 

(Also, I'd like to keep this topic friendly, if you could all keep your replies and posts civilized as well as mature, that would be greatly appreciated) 

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:55 AM

R* is taking the sh*t out of us with these missions and patches.

Now as an American, I always thought the phrase went "taking the piss" but are you telling me "taking the sh*t" is also acceptable?

I think this would make for the far more enthralling discussion gentlemen.

Proceed.

• Itzreality and HakatoX like this

fish61324
  • fish61324

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:06 AM

Now as an American, I always thought the phrase went "taking the piss" but are you telling me "taking the sh*t" is also acceptable?

I think this would make for the far more enthralling discussion gentlemen.

Proceed.

As an American myself.....wtf did you just write? Mumbo Jumbo

Heisenb-rg
  • Heisenb-rg

King Pin

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:28 AM

Now as an American, I always thought the phrase went "taking the piss" but are you telling me "taking the sh*t" is also acceptable?I think this would make for the far more enthralling discussion gentlemen.Proceed.

I'm an Australian, we use both terms, which is kind of weird, hahaha.

Shinto
  • Shinto

R.I.P KANE '92

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:03 AM

You have to realise that Rockstar wants this to grow to be an MMO, in MMOs it takes time to reach the top and getting all the great stuff, it really shouldn't take a few hours to be able to afford a high end apartment or a super car. However, I do see your point because at times I spend more on a mission then what I am given from it.

TheQuestfor100Percent
  • TheQuestfor100Percent

King of San Andreas

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:06 AM

I actually like how low payouts are. It makes me work hard for what I want. Adds longevity for me. I can understand how someone wouldn't want to have to play forever to get an apartment though.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:11 AM

You can't "grind" a mission that doesn't pay so I submit instead you were noobing missions. Not trying to be a dick but if you want money you don't play those jobs. Race or survival after patch 1.04. R* wrote they were paying attention to user data as far as jobs were concerned so it would benefit everyone not to play low paying jobs. You will make more money doing other activities and it's far more likely to get payouts increased.

Heisenb-rg
  • Heisenb-rg

King Pin

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:25 AM

You can't "grind" a mission that doesn't pay so I submit instead you were noobing missions. Not trying to be a dick but if you want money you don't play those jobs. Race or survival after patch 1.04. R* wrote they were paying attention to user data as far as jobs were concerned so it would benefit everyone not to play low paying jobs. You will make more money doing other activities and it's far more likely to get payouts increased.

I apologize for my wording.
I just feel like for the effort I'm putting in, I'm not making enough. I know that you have to out the work in to get what you want, I've been playing for a while and I've got a great apartment and a stack of cars, I guess I'm just not happy yet till I feel like Tony Montana or something, heh.

I understand what you're saying and I don't think you're being a dick at all. I guess with time we'll see what happens. I hope it doesn't become a pay-to-win type of scenario.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:45 AM

You have to realise that Rockstar wants this to grow to be an MMO, in MMOs it takes time to reach the top and getting all the great stuff, it really shouldn't take a few hours to be able to afford a high end apartment or a super car. However, I do see your point because at times I spend more on a mission then what I am given from it.

Rockstar has to realise that the future of GTA lays on the Single Player experience only. It's this or nothing. Im sorry but an MMO GTA is just pure waste.

Heisenb-rg
  • Heisenb-rg

King Pin

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

Rockstar has to realise that the future of GTA lays on the Single Player experience only. It's this or nothing. Im sorry but an MMO GTA is just pure waste.

Not necessarily. We all know that the GTA franchise has become what it's become with their SP, it would definitely be nothing without it. An MMO GTA isn't such a bad idea, they've got a good thing going, but since this is their first big try at it, it's not going very well at the moment. 

Sweettooth187
  • Sweettooth187

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:56 PM Edited by Sweettooth187, 24 October 2013 - 06:59 PM.

I too kind of like the low or non existent payouts. Not that I'm a career criminal or anything but in that life, you don't get a hundred thousand dollars for everything you do. Sometimes people ask favors, and you do them, and you earn their respect. When you earn their respect, they maybe start using you for bigger jobs, and maybe start paying you. You do well there and they introduce you to the people whose respect they themselves have earned. Anyone with common sense knows that this is how the criminal ladder works, which ironically is sort of how the corporate ladder works. A big part of the climb is spent simply getting in good with the right people until you can afford to start calling your own shots and naming your own prices.

The real problem here isn't the amount of money we're being paid, or even the frequency in which we're being paid, it's the variety of ways in which there are to make money. Rockstar simply needs to create more ways to make money, that way each person can customize the way they make their weekly income in between missions. I like that idea, being on the grind, getting your hustle on, doing anything legal and/or illegal to make that money. You know why? Because I'm a fine, upstanding, boring citizen that works a dead end corporate job and I don't have the balls or knowledge to become a career criminal haha

Heisenb-rg
  • Heisenb-rg

King Pin

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

I guess the more that I think about it, the more it makes sense and how it's better off this way. Other wise it'll be too easy for everyone. I guess it's the missions that bother me in the end. Everything is pretty much the same, steal the meth here, steal the meth there and bring it back. Take this rich guy's car, take this poor guy's car. The racing too feels so sh*tty; I wish they had drift tracks, and that the cars wouldn't bump so easily, they're almost uncontrollable when I get rammed and it's stupid. 

Going a little off topic, but yeah. 

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

I thought they fixed the money glitch

Curlypyebs
  • Curlypyebs

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

Now as an American, I always thought the phrase went "taking the piss" but are you telling me "taking the sh*t" is also acceptable?I think this would make for the far more enthralling discussion gentlemen.Proceed.

I'm an Australian, we use both terms, which is kind of weird, hahaha.

I'm English, we gave you ruffians the language and we say taking the piss.

Are you taking the sh*t out of our language?

Curlypyebs
  • Curlypyebs

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

R* is taking the sh*t out of us with these missions and patches. The money earned from missions are relatively low - I just finished a Gerald mission where I got chased by The Lost from Blaine County or something all the way to his house just to get a measly 7K... I dunno about you guys, but I feel like they need to increase the pay-outs or give us new missions, 'cause right now, I don't see it's worth. 

The game has great potential, but things like this will lead other players to start glitching for money and I kind of don't blame them either. It's obvious this will boost sales in Money Cards, but if they're just going to start trying to squeeze money out of us with every chance they get, I don't see myself playing the MP much longer. 

I want to hear your take on this matter, I can't be the only one that feels this way. 

(Also, I'd like to keep this topic friendly, if you could all keep your replies and posts civilized as well as mature, that would be greatly appreciated) 

Spend a few hours racing, you'll rank up and make money even if you lose a race

Curlypyebs
  • Curlypyebs

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

They should patch in another free roam mode, one where they have little boys driving about shooting anything that moves and one where there's no player killing and you join with the intention of doing jobs together

That would get me straight back into GTAO

• Itzreality likes this

JoeyDeacan
  • JoeyDeacan

Donkey Rapist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

They should patch in another free roam mode, one where they have little boys driving about shooting anything that moves and one where there's no player killing and you join with the intention of doing jobs together

Love you

Curlypyebs
  • Curlypyebs

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:43 PM

Love you

:inlove:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users