Heavy Sniper Vs Tank?

48 replies to this topic
SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:14 AM

Does anyone have a picture of where abouts you shoot the driver in the tank? tried practicing it with a friend by shooting the hatch etc but didnt hit him though it

SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:27 AM

bump

FoolCool
  • FoolCool

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:53 AM

You gotta shoot right down the barrel of the tank so the sniper round hits the tank ammo and the whole thing blows up.  This is confirmed by R*

pcasupreme
  • pcasupreme

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:58 AM

Good look on that.. haha 

Taky
  • Taky

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

Does anyone have a picture of where abouts you shoot the driver in the tank? tried practicing it with a friend by shooting the hatch etc but didnt hit him though it

Same happened with me n my friend, maybe it's an xbox only thing or I'm just doing something wrong...

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:28 PM Edited by CryptReaperDorian, 24 October 2013 - 08:29 PM.

I don't think that's possible.  You might be able to start the Rhino on fire though with somewhere around 80 shots with the Heavy Sniper to its engine block.

However, I do remember being able to shoot people out of Rhinos in GTA SA though.  If I recall correctly, then that required shooting right between the hatch and the tank's body.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

I don't think that's possible.  You might be able to start the Rhino on fire though with somewhere around 80 shots with the Heavy Sniper to its engine block.

However, I do remember being able to shoot people out of Rhinos in GTA SA though.  If I recall correctly, then that required shooting right between the hatch and the tank's body.

It's possible in GTA Online. I've done it already to a few tank drivers. I don't know exactly where to shoot. I think it's just as long as you keep shooting, you will eventually hit the driver.

Luftwaffle
  • Luftwaffle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

Equip heavy sniper.

Go a fair distance away from the tank. For some odd reason you can't snipe the driver within a certain distance of the tank. 

Aim near the driver's hatch till you see their HP bar appear.

Pull trigger and you should get a dead tank driver.

I will demonstrate it to you if you are on xbox.

OffroadRunner
  • OffroadRunner

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

Yeah someone got me last night. lmao, I was like DA FUQ? Then got raped for 5 minutes by like 8 people spawn trapping me. That's what I get! Hahaha
  • vahnx and coach_wargo like this

Taky
  • Taky

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

OMG! I just did it on ps3! You have to do what the other guy said, be alittle distance away and aim at the hatch. When the bar shows up shoot and it should kill them.

Belstead
  • Belstead

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

It can be done. I killed a guy in a tank twice with the HS, only a couple of shots each time.

Eradicate
  • Eradicate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

Yeah someone got me last night. lmao, I was like DA FUQ? Then got raped for 5 minutes by like 8 people spawn trapping me. That's what I get! Hahaha

Honestly I detest people that would go around in a tank just screwing the game up for everyone, but I can at least respect that you own the consequences. Glad that happened to you.

• Deadly Target, The Rangler and nmk15 like this

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

Just hover around the area where the player gets in and when you see a hp bar, PING! :)

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

Remember, not all tank drivers are dumb. If you're like me, you'll always park facing a wall or somewhere safe from a smarty assed sniper.
  • Emma_vtecEJ9 likes this

JC-0001
  • JC-0001

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

All you do is shoot by the hatch. I'm currently in bad sport server, and it's full of idiots in tanks. So I just pick a nice rooftop, take out my heavy rifle, shoot someone in a tank and laugh at the shocked reaction I get.

Belstead
  • Belstead

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

Remember, not all tank drivers are dumb. If you're like me, you'll always park facing a wall or somewhere safe from a smarty assed sniper.

Facing a wall is no guarantee of safety, you just pen yourself in and make yourself even more vulnerable. Snipers can still take you out like that as well.

.Polar_Bear.
  • .Polar_Bear.

Suave GAYmer

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:32 PM

Everyone knows the Faggio wins against both the Tank AND the Heavy sniper.

• weaver76 likes this

OffroadRunner
  • OffroadRunner

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:58 AM

Honestly I detest people that would go around in a tank just screwing the game up for everyone, but I can at least respect that you own the consequences. Glad that happened to you.

Dude.. Come into a bad sport lobby once, and you'll wish you had a tank. It's not like I whip it out in regular free roam and demolish people. Now I love the bad lobby though, wouldn't go back to free roam at all.

xMementoMorix
  • xMementoMorix

GTAO Aerial Ace

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:18 AM

Why use a sniper if i can get a fighter jet:-D

Infinite2324
  • Infinite2324

Whatever

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:30 AM

The best way to take down a tank is to use a grenade launcher. It reloads faster than the rocket launcher and you can shoot it faster. Just try to get in a spot where you can't get shot. Not easy but I works for me at least.
I think it's cool that you can kill them with a snipe tho.

Brainberry
  • Brainberry

Tiger Lion King Of The World

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:32 AM

You can shoot the driver of a tank through the black vents on the back of it. 

Shaunr
  • Shaunr

Cooljunk Productions

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:52 AM

You can shoot the driver of a tank through the black vents on the back of it. 

from any distance?

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:07 AM

All you have to do is aim near the hatch with the heavy sniper, wait for the name and health bar to come up and shoot.

I've clocked well over a hundred tank kills in the past few days and listening to them rage and getting the messages from them calling me a modder is hilarious. Especially now they are stranded on the ground surrounded by all the people they were spawn killing and they quit.

• PaulDPearl likes this

kalr89
  • kalr89

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:30 AM

You don't need a heavy sniper it works with both just aim for the hatch.

MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:33 AM

All you have to do is aim near the hatch with the heavy sniper, wait for the name and health bar to come up and shoot.

I've clocked well over a hundred tank kills in the past few days and listening to them rage and getting the messages from them calling me a modder is hilarious. Especially now they are stranded on the ground surrounded by all the people they were spawn killing and they quit.

This.  I love seeing this happen.  Its like being fed to the wolves.

• EyeMacHunt likes this

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:04 PM Edited by EyeMacHunt, 30 October 2013 - 01:05 PM.

This is my new favourite thing to do. Racked up 361 heavy sniper kills now.

Unjust
  • Unjust

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

My sniper is my best friend. Sniping people out of tanks, jets, shamals, stunt planes, choppers... It's the best feeling ever. Especially when you get to hear "How the f.."
  • EyeMacHunt likes this

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

PM sent

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:41 PM Edited by iSkreenLooker, 30 October 2013 - 01:42 PM.

Somebody kill me in a tank before with a weapon, IDK how somebody did that.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:35 AM

The best way to take down a tank is to use a grenade launcher. It reloads faster than the rocket launcher and you can shoot it faster. Just try to get in a spot where you can't get shot. Not easy but I works for me at least.
I think it's cool that you can kill them with a snipe tho.

Im gonna have to disagree, havent tried the sniper thing yet but it sounds much easier, ive hit the tank with countless grenades from the launcher but it doesnt seem to take much damage, nor does it from rockets. Rockets need a damage boost I think, shouldnt take more than 2 to kill a tank.  But hey, if one sniper bullet does the trick then thats what ill be using from now on, haha!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users