Quantcast

» «
Photo

Bad Sport for Personal Vehicles Overkill?

20 replies to this topic
Faytalchaos
  • Faytalchaos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:31 AM Edited by Faytalchaos, 24 October 2013 - 01:32 AM.

Anyone else think that you getting awarded Bad Sport points for destroying someones vehicle is overkill and actually a little out of place? I mean you can kill that particular person as many times as you want with no repercussions whatsoever other than them trying to retaliate and police getting involved. But destroy their vehicle and you get bad sport points AND have to pay their insurance premium? The premium I don't mind at all. In fact I'm grateful it is implemented. But getting Bad sport for it? What makes the vehicle so much more special that you should get a double whammy for destroying over killing that player repeatedly. When chasing a player in their vehicle who has a bounty on their head you should only be able to use bullets to take them out? On top of them having Armor on that car it makes things a little ridiculous. If anything you should get bad sport for killing someone in Passive Mode since it doesn't protect them from getting hit by a car. 

I'm not gonna lie I am a little irritated because of this car protection I am sitting in a Bad Sport Lobby.  I was having fun going back and forth with a friend of mine killing each other when he decides to take it up a notch by tacking on a 9k bounty on me. I immediately call in for my tank and stake out in front of my house destroying anyone that FIRED FIRST at my tank...which was almost everyone seeing as how I got a large bounty on my head. Before I realize it they take me out (which was awesome seeing that many people work together) and I respawn with the dreaded Dunce cap in a Bad sport lobby.

abfirstr8
  • abfirstr8

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:35 AM

I do love the premium too, its very fair. The bad sport system (though so far I haven't had problems with) could been possibly lightened. Like make it so that you need like 10-20 etc amount of cars destroyed within a certain time period in order to be placed in bad sport. I mean so far I haven't run into many players who purposely go around hunting to destroy cars

Faytalchaos
  • Faytalchaos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:47 AM

Thats the thing...with the premium system who would WANT to destroy personal cars. Other than a minor inconvenience for the owner what is the point. It cost someone nearly 8k to blow up my cheetah. Why add on getting Bad sport at all? 

SocalZHP
  • SocalZHP

Yeah buddy

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:48 AM

Stop blowing people's sh*t up then.

buddybravo
  • buddybravo

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:49 AM

Thats the thing...with the premium system who would WANT to destroy personal cars. Other than a minor inconvenience for the owner what is the point. It cost someone nearly 8k to blow up my cheetah. Why add on getting Bad sport at all? 

If they don't have money, you have to pay that 8k. I think if that's the case, they should be given Bad Sport.

Faytalchaos
  • Faytalchaos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:49 AM

Adding bad sport CAN make it very tedious to take out a bounty. Only using bullets can take  some time against some cars. For example the back of the entity and the voltic (i think its called) makes it very hard to kill the driver from behind when it could easily be solved by a thrown sticky bomb

Faytalchaos
  • Faytalchaos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:50 AM

If they don't have money, you have to pay that 8k. I think if that's the case, they should be given Bad Sport.

Definitely didn't think about if they didnt have money. Very valid point. So make it to where bad sport kicks in at that point so there is a penalty for destroying the vehicle

abfirstr8
  • abfirstr8

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:51 AM Edited by abfirstr8, 24 October 2013 - 01:51 AM.

Well if its a glitcher who made millions they wont care. Thats why I think they should just up the amount of cars blown up to get throw into the bad sport pool

Faytalchaos
  • Faytalchaos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:52 AM

I do love the premium too, its very fair. The bad sport system (though so far I haven't had problems with) could been possibly lightened. Like make it so that you need like 10-20 etc amount of cars destroyed within a certain time period in order to be placed in bad sport. I mean so far I haven't run into many players who purposely go around hunting to destroy cars

Definitely would make sense for people ACTIVELY going out destroying everything in sight

iPone
  • iPone

Super Thug

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:53 AM

Only if you knew what you would be up against if they didn't have bad sports. People who want to blow up 10 cars in 30 mins need to go to bad sport and play with others like them I love it. 

JohnMcClainNYPD
  • JohnMcClainNYPD

New York Undercover

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:54 AM

I've blown up cars by accident. I think paying the premium is enough. The Bad Sport title should be reserved for those that bail out on races etc.

Faytalchaos
  • Faytalchaos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:55 AM

Only if you knew what you would be up against if they didn't have bad sports. People who want to blow up 10 cars in 30 mins need to go to bad sport and play with others like them I love it. 

In that situation i described I destroyed a total of around 3-5 cars before i realized i was a Bad sport. All for using the tank in a defensive manner

abfirstr8
  • abfirstr8

Mark Chump

• Members

Definitely would make sense for people ACTIVELY going out destroying everything in sight

I said over an extended period of time... So like if you blew up 10 cars in 1 week etc. 

CavScout00
  • CavScout00

Player Hater

• Members

Sad thing is it doesnt take that much.  Goto the dunce lobby about 10-15% of the people you come accross daily are like that.  Most of the people that want to play like that are stuck in there now.  The rest get misplaced by goofing off and enjoy the game.

rebel29535
  • rebel29535

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:30 AM Edited by rebel29535, 24 October 2013 - 02:43 AM.

I agree.

I was in a free roam battle a little while ago. After a few minutes, it became 6 vs 3 so we were outnumbered. I turned on passive mode, tried to run away  to my vehicle to flee, but kept getting run over by this one player in a truck. After the 3rd time, I decided to buy the tank and show him a lesson.

I wipe him and his whole team, the he left and rejoined. Then he ran 2 personal cars into the tank, and I'm a bad sport? So lame. I even stood still with the second personal car cause it was literally my 1st time using the tank. obviously didnt work lol

Jgagnon10
  • Jgagnon10

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:36 AM

I agree.

I was in a free roam battle a little while ago. After a few minutes, it became 6 vs 3 so we were outnumbered. I turned on passive mode, tried to run away  to my vehicle to flee, but kept getting run over by this one player in a truck. After the 3rd time, I decided to buy the tank and show him a lesson.
     I wipe him and his whole team, the he left and rejoined. Then he ran literally 2 personal cars into the tank, and I'm a bad sport? So lame. I even stood still with the second personal car cause it was literally my 1st time using the tank. obviously didnt work lol

Literally?

rebel29535
  • rebel29535

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:42 AM

Illlitterally

Mikeol1987
  • Mikeol1987

GTAF Rep

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:59 AM

Costs 'em 12, 000 for destroying my car. Sooo satisfying hearing people rage about all their money being gone!

CavScout00
  • CavScout00

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:35 AM Edited by CavScout00, 24 October 2013 - 04:36 AM.

Costs 'em 12, 000 for destroying my car. Sooo satisfying hearing people rage about all their money being gone!

Sometimes someone has to be that guy and you have to blow their car to prevent from being spawn killed.  How can you escape from someone in a highly modded car on foot when they keep trolling you for no reason?  This is when the GTA Moral Police chime in with "quit and wait 20-40 minutes to rejoin a server with your friends"

Then your trying to hunt a bounty and a couple other dudes arrive and start shooting at the guy to and somehow you get the car kill with an uzi when the other guy whipped out a mini gun (happened to me twice).

What about an eye for an eye you blow up mine, I blow up yours?

Look set the limit for how many you can blow up in a day, if you go over make them be locked into passive mode for a set amount of time wearing the dunce cap and see how well that works out for them walking around the servers.  

Then you could get rid of the stupid bad sport crap and probably take some heat off the bounty guys from getting their cars blown and hunted by everyone in the lobby.  Which doesn't that promote and lead to destruction of cars?

Skardsen
  • Skardsen

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:37 AM

I don't see why the bad sport thing is even necessary when the victim doesn't even have to pay to get the vehicle back.

ILuvRockstarGames
  • ILuvRockstarGames

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:57 AM

Bad sport is simply stupid and not necessary on GTA. I don't even get why gta has rules now. It's gta ffs

If ppl blow up cars, they pay the premium and that's it. If they don't have the money, they should go into the negative, i.e. -$1220. Simple. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users