Quantcast

» «
Photo

If GTAO was instead a $20 DLC, would you have purchased it?

59 replies to this topic
CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

I say we start a petition saying no online for gta 6. It was a colossal failure.

Krad Oren
  • Krad Oren

Pißwasser Movement Member

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:52 PM

Nope, I hate online only DLC's.

ShopToCustomer
  • ShopToCustomer

Ven rįpido

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

would a f*ck

mattymcs
  • mattymcs

For sho'

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:17 PM Edited by mattymcs, 24 October 2013 - 02:18 PM.

Without a doubt, assuming it worked well with little bugs, heists were available and the mission creation mode were available from the offset.

Easily worth $20/£15 in that state.

SavageSalad
  • SavageSalad

#nojetpack

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

not until heists are out, I really think the online we are playing now is just a beta test because all of the big things are missing such as heists, the content creator, and actual houses that we can buy instead of apartments. Though I'm not sure how they would handle multiple people owning the same house in public lobbies.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

No
Ask me any figure to pay for the world's best Single Player Freedom and goodness of countless activities in a beautiful Game.

Spoiler

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

I'd have paid £20 extra if they put all the Online features into SP. Well, the features that don't require you to be online anyway.

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

It's a stupid question really because it is part of GTA V and always was going to be part of V, so no, if they released it seperately from V not everybody would be interesting or would get it, looking at the social numbers for both single player and multiplayer trailers, there is a huge market divide there. The question should be, if online was released months down the line, or a year down the line, and was completely detached from V, then yes I would buy it. Or, would you buy anything additional DLC for the multiplayer down the line, the answer is yes. The bottom line is we didn't have to pay, it's part of the GTA V game and everybody who plays it enjoys it, so is such a question needed? Not really.

VolkXue
  • VolkXue

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

If this had been 20$ of mini-games and the ability to create a character in sp I would, for a bunch of minigames packaged as an "online" mode.. I doubt it..

• CrustyFapSock likes this

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

Why would you pay for something we are getting for free?

trickeh2k
  • trickeh2k

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

Yes, but only if they had fixed the glitches allowing kiddies to get unlimited money.

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

It's a stupid question really because it is part of GTA V and always was going to be part of V, so no, if they released it seperately from V not everybody would be interesting or would get it, looking at the social numbers for both single player and multiplayer trailers, there is a huge market divide there. The question should be, if online was released months down the line, or a year down the line, and was completely detached from V, then yes I would buy it. Or, would you buy anything additional DLC for the multiplayer down the line, the answer is yes. The bottom line is we didn't have to pay, it's part of the GTA V game and everybody who plays it enjoys it, so is such a question needed? Not really.

I was trying to determine the value people have given online to conclude if neglecting single player was worth it. And it doesn't seem like it was.

*Moondog*
  • *Moondog*

24/7 Gamer

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

definitely, since i had so much fun on GTA 4's online.

• Kayli likes this

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

Why would I wanna pay for more aggravation and disappointments? I can get that for free, mang.

ELCHANFLE
  • ELCHANFLE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:28 PM Edited by ELCHANFLE, 24 October 2013 - 05:28 PM.

So many conflicting opinions on online. Some think it sucks. Others consider it a second life. Would it be worth it?

In a heartbeat!
Are you one of those that consider it basically another game within a game

it is technically. Its designed apparently by a different team than the one that made single player. even when you start playing it the first time it has its own introduction and credits.

and to OPs question I would have much rather paid even $30 as a standalone DLC as I do not have any interest in single player.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:00 PM Edited by ThroatSlasher2, 24 October 2013 - 08:04 PM.

@ ELCHANFLE

You are the sole reason why we're stuck with GTA Online right now. Please let me applaud you, and your lovely crew, that made GTA's Single Player what it is today. Bravo.

@ *Moondog*

Oh yeah definitely, GTA IV's online and GTA Online ... same sh*t, right ? :)

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

Nope.

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

@ ELCHANFLE

You are the sole reason why we're stuck with GTA Online right now. Please let me applaud you, and your lovely crew, that made GTA's Single Player what it is today. Bravo.

@ *Moondog*

Lmao why you jimmies so rustled bro

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

@ ELCHANFLE

@ *Moondog*

My jimmies are rustled because it saddens me to see my favorite video game franchise, which I cared for since I was only a young child, go down a dark path. Online shouldn't be the future of GTA. If it is, then GTA shouldn't have any future.

• Cornholio83 likes this

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:58 PM

@ ELCHANFLE

@ *Moondog*

My jimmies are rustled because it saddens me to see my favorite video game franchise, which I cared for since I was only a young child, go down a dark path. Online shouldn't be the future of GTA. If it is, then GTA shouldn't have any future.
Sadly I agree. They need to either go full on online focus mmo style somehow or stick to it's roots with single only (what I would prefer). But not a mediocre both.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

@ ELCHANFLE

@ *Moondog*

Sadly I agree. They need to either go full on online focus mmo style somehow or stick to it's roots with single only (what I would prefer). But not a mediocre both.

Considering GTA Online lacks the very thing that made IV and RDR's online enjoyable, a very free, free roam. No bounderies or punishement. Just good old fun.

Kayli
  • Kayli

Love Bites

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:33 AM

@ ELCHANFLE
@ *Moondog*

Erm actually I was reading the single players like it is because people were whining that GTA IV was too long. Can't please everyone:)

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:43 AM

@ ELCHANFLE
@ *Moondog*

Erm actually I was reading the single players like it is because people were whining that GTA IV was too long. Can't please everyone:)

Of course you can :) its called ''sticking to what you do best''. But now its too late, unfortunately. Rockstar is f*cked no matter what because now, you have people (like me) that want the next GTA to be mainly focused on the Single Player and THEN online. You have other people that hope they bring back the old online ( which I am rooting for also ) for the next GTA AND then you have the 3rd group that wants GTA Online to become what GTA is all about.

Rockstar has done enough in the last 15 years to earn my trust, they can stop being so innovative and think ''innovation'' rhymes with ''better''. I never thought that after playing GTA Online for a few weeks, I would have to put IV back in my ps3 and start a good old Airport free roam in GTA IV Online, just to balance my f*ckin brain back. I wish I could love and embrace GTA Online, but I can't, its just not GTA-ish. 

gzam1312
  • gzam1312

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:48 AM

That's about how much i spend on lunch, considering i'll play gta:o for 200 hours or thereabouts, it's obviously worth $20...if we're being rational about things.

• Kayli likes this

Kayli
  • Kayli

Love Bites

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:55 AM Edited by Kayli, 25 October 2013 - 08:56 AM.

@ ELCHANFLE
@ *Moondog*

Of course you can :) its called ''sticking to what you do best''. But now its too late, unfortunately. Rockstar is f*cked no matter what because now, you have people (like me) that want the next GTA to be mainly focused on the Single Player and THEN online. You have other people that hope they bring back the old online ( which I am rooting for also ) for the next GTA AND then you have the 3rd group that wants GTA Online to become what GTA is all about.
Rockstar has done enough in the last 15 years to earn my trust, they can stop being so innovative and think ''innovation'' rhymes with ''better''. I never thought that after playing GTA Online for a few weeks, I would have to put IV back in my ps3 and start a good old Airport free roam in GTA IV Online, just to balance my f*ckin brain back. I wish I could love and embrace GTA Online, but I can't, its just not GTA-ish.
Well people complained about certain things in the old gta's I'm sure of it! Bet lets be honest in the future the online is here to stay for sure who said we can't have great sp and mp together! :)

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:19 AM

@ ELCHANFLE
@ *Moondog*

Well people complained about certain things in the old gta's I'm sure of it! Bet lets be honest in the future the online is here to stay for sure who said we can't have great sp and mp together! :)
Rockstar demonstrated that by deliberately leaving things out of sp from multi and vice versa. Along with the story being ridiculously short no doubt because they were focused on multi which ended up shoddy and a huge letdown. Anyone notice the people that love this game are always the ones that never played the previous ones.
  • ThroatSlasher2 likes this

RuiRuichi
  • RuiRuichi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:44 AM Edited by RuiRuichi, 25 October 2013 - 09:57 AM.

It's not even worth 1$. It's not the "FOCUSED ON" and "ROCKSTAR DITCHED SP FOR MP" quality that everyone is making it out to be. Everyone bitching on MP getting more attention than SP isn't what it seems to me. All missions are just kill and pick up and deliver missions.

What it seems to me that majority of the stuff online could have been(or might HAVE been) in Singleplayer. All those Parachuting missions, those races, the gang attacks, los santos customs car selling, running errands for Madrazo, carjacking for Simeon, coke dealing with Gerald, apartments and garages. After playing MP for almost a month, I really felt that these were simple taken out of SP and pasted on MP to pave way for a more appealing MP.  If those mechanics were fitted in with SP it could work, really work so good that it's scarily fitting and compatible.SP took 96 hours for me, if those MP mechanics were in SP, it could have stretched to 150 and 200 hours. Despite that its fun though, especially racing and survival with strangers. Haven't yet tried out jobs and missions with people other than my crew mates though. I'm still hyped for the heists.

In short I feel like MP was just SP material cut out. Explains why it is free and why should be free.

The_Big_Lebowski
  • The_Big_Lebowski

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

Is that all glitches and bugs included? then no.

ctkgod
  • ctkgod

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:29 PM Edited by ctkgod, 25 October 2013 - 01:30 PM.

hell no. one of the worst onlines I've ever played. lost my character, lost my cars later on, people glitching millions and throwing 9k bounties and mercenaries on me over and over. game is a joke.

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

Buy a dlc where I play as an empty shell character with no personality or any backround in a ghost town ( cause that is what LS looks like sometimes in MP ) with no wildlife whatsoever?? I don't think so

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users