Quantcast

» «
Photo

Am I the only one who loved every GTA ever made?

16 replies to this topic
woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

I can't speak on 1 or 2 because I honestly never played them.

I love III for how it perfected the open world concept and I still love it's vibe.

I love VC for the 80s Miami Vibe

I love SA for it's 90s west coast vibe and just how huge it feels even if it's size is just a programming trick

I love IV for the raw and gritty NY vibe and how dirty the criminal acts feel. You can almost smell the pissy stairs in the projects

I love V for the LA vibe and how action packed the missions are. I also love how Sandy Shores just feels like the wild west.

I love them all. Am I the only one?

• G.S.T likes this

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:14 PM

Obviously not

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

Course not. Each installment has their own distinctive charm which allows me to replay them all multiple times.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

I check for Breast Cancer. Call me.

• United-States

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:21 PM Edited by Vanzant, 23 October 2013 - 10:22 PM.

*Moved to GTA series chat

I didn't care for Vice City stories. I didn't like the property thing at all, it was a pain in the ass and that mission where you have to use a rocket launcher to the antennas still pisses me off. I may never play it again.

I still to this day cannot be assed to get any further than eight missions of GTAIV before I was wishing I was playing any other game. I got the expansion packs which I never touched but I might try them out when I'm done with GTAV.

Vatus
  • Vatus

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

I like them all. Some more than others tho.

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:30 PM

Nope, I've had some amount of fun with at least every single one, even the first two and Chinatown Wars. The only one I haven't played is Advance.

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:36 PM

Nope you are not alone. Each one was my favorite game up to that point. They all seem dated now,but they were all great at the time.

I wished they would have made another Vice City... there was something very campy about that 80s city... I was really wishing that they would do Vice City again, back when nobody knew what GTA5's location would be. Sadly we will probably never see another Vice City on a next gen console... 

Woggleman said: "I love IV for the raw and gritty NY vibe and how dirty the criminal acts feel. You can almost smell the pissy stairs in the projects"

Yeah, I grew up in NYC, so I just went and stole the pants off a sleeping hobo the next time I visited my old neighborhood, just so I could have that genuine raw NYC smell while playing... very effective! You just have to make sure the pants aren't too damp... and wear gloves!

Cicero The Great
  • Cicero The Great

Only We can use majestic plural, deal with it

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

I can't speak on 1 or 2 because I honestly never played them.

I love III for how it perfected the open world concept and I still love it's vibe.

I love VC for the 80s Miami Vibe

I love SA for it's 90s west coast vibe and just how huge it feels even if it's size is just a programming trick

I love IV for the raw and gritty NY vibe and how dirty the criminal acts feel. You can almost smell the pissy stairs in the projects

I love V for the LA vibe and how action packed the missions are. I also love how Sandy Shores just feels like the wild west.

I love them all. Am I the only one?

We love them all, but we were expecting something different than l.a. this time, or at least more than 1 city

And a vice city spin-off with the keys and cuba as well for the future

Target13
  • Target13

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:27 PM

I'm simply obsessed with GTA, Even more obsessed then i was for my first Girlfriend.

But GTA Advance...Its an insult to the series.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:03 AM

I dearly love every GTA game. Always will.

notsoslimshady14
  • notsoslimshady14

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:15 AM

You're not the only one bro :)

I gotta admit I havent played any of the ones before GTA 3. All of them are amazing games.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

I've played every GTA and I love them all. Plus with every new GTA, the series just gets better imo.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:29 AM

Although I have the tendency to tear SA a new asshole I still love it in a way. It's like that feeling you have towards that one family member who whatever reason irritates you, but at the end of the day they're still family.

To me every GTA has its own charm. Some more than others, but I'd say I love them all even if I'm critical at times.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:37 AM Edited by Tycek, 24 October 2013 - 11:37 AM.

I've bought all of them, I've completed many of them multiple times. Sure, my love for some parts lost its power and faded a little, but I can't say I hate either one of them. 

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

iFruit fanboys are idiots

• Members
  • Mars
  • Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:31 PM

No you're not.
Grand Theft Auto was fun with three states and 8 playable people.
GTA London games are proving that Rockstar CAN make a GTA with real-life cities which isn't ruined.
GTA2 was best futuristic open-world game at its time.
III was a revolution in open-world genre.
Advance was a big improvement to classics.
VC was a nice vibrant successor to III.
SA had a decent map and a long exciting storyline.
LCS showed us what happened before events of Advance, in a great way.
VCS showed story of poor Victor and what he done before getting killed by Diaz.
IV was biggest graphical improvement in the series up to its time.
TLaD had Johnny Klebitz, does it need anything more to be awesome?!
TBoGT showed how vibrant and happy would a busy city be.
Chinatown Wars was best top-down game you can think of for iOS, and best DS game.
And V... Hugest map, mission which don't appear as same as last time, everytime, and three-protagonist thing which is done in best way.
  • G.S.T likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:56 PM

Although I have the tendency to tear SA a new asshole I still love it in a way. It's like that feeling you have towards that one family member who whatever reason irritates you, but at the end of the day they're still family.

To me every GTA has its own charm. Some more than others, but I'd say I love them all even if I'm critical at times.

San Andreas is one those things that start to annoy you because the fans are so annoying but in reality you know it is great.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:50 AM

As much as I look down on III(3), there were some cool things about the game.

(1) Taken in New York City, my hometown. Loved the atmosphere, and the vehicles.

(2) The only characters I likes was Leone, and Maria.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users