Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which one do you play with? Free aim or auto aim on GTA O?

63 replies to this topic

Poll: Which one do you play with? Free aim or auto aim on GTA O? (154 member(s) have cast votes)

Free aim or auto aim?

1. Free aim (69 votes [44.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.23%

2. Auto aim (64 votes [41.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.03%

3. You play them both equally (23 votes [14.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.74%

Vote Guests cannot vote
bobblunderbust
  • bobblunderbust

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:16 AM

auto aim needs to go. No other modern game has it and I don't hear people bitching.

if they had better crosshairs but just a small white dot ...............are you kidding me but if it just wasn't a small white dot I would love free aim and would prefer it

You can change this in the settings menu and I'd reccomend it regardless of what aiming style you use. Even with auto-aim I do have to free aim a lot of the time because my weapon can't lock on to the enemy and having just that white dot which is almost invisible to me is horrible.

ty ill look for it

Serbian Snacks
  • Serbian Snacks

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:20 AM

I switched to Free-Aim two weeks ago, loving every minute of it.

The game was getting kinda boring on Auto-Aim for me, since people could kill you instantly when you're driving.

I haven't had these "ghost lobbies" everyone's talking about, but I do notice a lack of mics. Not sure if it's worth going back to Auto-Aim to chat though. 

GT Motion
  • GT Motion

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:49 AM

I prefer to use free aim, but the people in regular lobbies are usually more fun.  There are lots of people who are good at the game but have no clue there are even two different lobbies.

Mikeol2014
  • Mikeol2014

Flyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:53 AM

Auto aim is for people that cant play the game. Free aim all day everyday.
  • scrublord likes this

bobblunderbust
  • bobblunderbust

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:31 AM

how do you find a good free aim crew?

Vendicta99
  • Vendicta99

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:01 AM

My honest opinion is free aim=skilled players and auto aim=wannabe skilled players

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:55 AM

I enjoy both, but there are problems with each.

With free aim, the problem is that it isn't as "true to life" as auto aim. Auto is more indicative of how I would shoot in real life.

But with auto, it's annoying when you're trying to kill someone in Freemode and the cops are next to him while they're gunning for you. The auto aim will, for whatever f*cking reason, lock onto the cops first. I literally locked and unlocked onto three different cops when the guy was standing near them, which gave him time to kill me. I'm yelling at my television, HE'S RIGHT THERE!!!!!!

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:58 AM

Bullsh*t, elitist attitude. You sound like a prick, Mike.

I enjoy free aim quite a bit, but it is not as indicative to real life as auto aim. In real life, if a guy was in a car driving away from me, I would have a pretty damn good chance at shooting him in the head as he drove away. Using free aim to do the same in GTA is nearly impossible. Again, I enjoy free aim, but it's annoying when I know that in a real situation, I could easily have taken the guy out.

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:00 AM

My honest opinion is free aim=skilled players and auto aim=wannabe skilled players

I think you mean free aim=dickheads who think they're hardcore gamers.

People with this attitude are the ones who think that using free aim somehow makes them better than other people in a game, while sucking and being a douche in real life. Of course, if that's your goal, then congrats! lol

scrublord
  • scrublord

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:01 AM

A controller isn't built to be played with free aim if you ask me, so I'll go auto aim all the way.

Works fine for me.

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:03 AM

I switched to Free-Aim two weeks ago, loving every minute of it.

The game was getting kinda boring on Auto-Aim for me, since people could kill you instantly when you're driving.

I haven't had these "ghost lobbies" everyone's talking about, but I do notice a lack of mics. Not sure if it's worth going back to Auto-Aim to chat though. 

Of course, then you have the problem where in free aim, the guy in the car has a huge advantage instead. And it seems to be much worse in V than in IV, and IV was already bad enough. So many free aim users never leave their cars for that specific reason, though then they turn around and say they're the better players. Uh huh ... get out of your car and don't just strafe with an assault rifle against my pistol and we'll see who's left standing. lol

I've played both and started slaughtering people in free aim. But the missions just take too long. I'm playing the Story Mode in free aim, though.

The Acidpiss
  • The Acidpiss

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:58 AM

free aim isn't hard with controllers at all, it just takes a little practice.

it annoys me that people say "free aim with controllers is hard so I wont try it" so why is everyone else in the lobby using controllers also and they aren't complaining so why are you?

even in story or in mission a lot of people use free aim, and its twice a fun as auto aim.

take a challenge and a change, you might just like it.

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Best Topic 2014 [Things you didn't know about GTAO until now]

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:50 AM

What does assisted aim do? Exactly?

Pelican
  • Pelican

The one who knocks

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:59 AM

A controller isn't built to be played with free aim if you ask me, so I'll go auto aim all the way.

Works fine for me.

Me: "Okay, gently to the right. Gentlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..." *cursor goes hard right* "...what?" Not to mention it's insanely difficult to get your cursor moving at the right speed to follow someone. An ever so slight nudge will change the speed from too slow to way too fast. 

Broblab
  • Broblab

Homicidal maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:09 AM

I play with " assisted aim"

Epi
  • Epi

might be a girl in rl

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:15 AM

nades and stickies all day... so free aim

Mikeol2014
  • Mikeol2014

Flyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:45 PM Edited by Mikeol1987, 24 October 2013 - 01:55 PM.

I enjoy free aim quite a bit, but it is not as indicative to real life as auto aim. In real life, if a guy was in a car driving away from me, I would have a pretty damn good chance at shooting him in the head as he drove away. Using free aim to do the same in GTA is nearly impossible. Again, I enjoy free aim, but it's annoying when I know that in a real situation, I could easily have taken the guy out.

Give me a break pal this proves my point you cant actually play the game as intended. I have become very good at shooting other players in cars at any angle and any speed. On free aim... yeah sometimes you miss but thats life. Your post makes you look like a right nob mate hahhaha not me.
Because in real life we all have auto aim don't we

Mikeol2014
  • Mikeol2014

Flyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:47 PM Edited by Mikeol1987, 24 October 2013 - 01:53 PM.

Works fine for me.
Me: "Okay, gently to the right. Gentlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..." *cursor goes hard right* "...what?" Not to mention it's insanely difficult to get your cursor moving at the right speed to follow someone. An ever so slight nudge will change the speed from too slow to way too fast.

If you put sensitivity right down in the menu to 1 before the bar disappears, and take the time to get used to free aim without getting your panties in a twist that someone has killed you loads, learn free aim, learn the movements you'll find its fine on a controller.

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

Works fine for me.

True. Aim sensitivity is another problem that you have to deal with in free aim. Sometimes, a higher sensitivity is needed for one situation, then you turn around and need it to be lower to shoot the next guy more accurately. This is how it works in real life. But there's just no way to do this in a game with a controller.

I personally only use Assisted Aiming, because even though snapping from one enemy to the next is more indicative to how I would probably be in a real life situation, there's a bit of an added challenge ... and I get to use free aim a bit just to have a little more fun.

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

Auto aim.

And I do it proudly.

Velociraptorius
  • Velociraptorius

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

I play auto aim because I mostly fight NPCs and their aim is already godly for me to handicap mine. Sometimes when I'm sniping, they still end up scoring perfect shots on me even if I'm partly behind cover and they're using pistols or smgs at a freaking SNIPER range. While moving. So yeah, if it's like that when sniping, I don't even want to imagine what free aim would be like when you're in their EFFECTIVE range, where you basically die in seconds, even with the best armor (all round protection my ass). If I was using a mouse and keyboard, I might consider free aim, but with a controller? And the ridiculous enemy accuracy? Hell no.

As for players, I've only played deathmatch and LTS once, and sniped in both, so you could technically call that free aim. But I dislike both modes, and in free mode I don't fight players unless attacked first, at which point I will utilize auto aim to shoot drivers chasing me in of their cars until they get the message and leave me alone. So auto aim doesn't bother me much either, where other players are concerned.

Rich-tv
  • Rich-tv

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

I like free aim but it seems like everytime I que up a mission there's nobody to play with

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

Give me a break pal this proves my point you cant actually play the game as intended. I have become very good at shooting other players in cars at any angle and any speed. On free aim... yeah sometimes you miss but thats life. Your post makes you look like a right nob mate hahhaha not me.

Play the game as intended? Oh ... so you're the guru on how these games were intended to be played? I guess I'll go to you from now on to make sure that I'm doing it the "correct" way. lol

I never said that it's IMPOSSIBLE to shoot people on foot when they're in a car ... it's just MUCH harder. I've shot people like that in free aim quite a bit, in fact. But even the most seasoned free aim player in GTA IV -- guys who played Mafiya Work and Death Match for five years straight, every single week (some, almost ever day) -- will tell you that staying in a car gives you a big advantage. It's because of the mechanics of the game -- driving in a circle, spinning the camera, and shooting is mechanically much easier and faster than a person spinning in a circle trying to track you will ever be, even with the sensitivity turned all the way up. Heck, the driving/shooting is completely unrealistic, because firing a gun from a moving vehicle is damn hard to do with any kind of accuracy. If you still don't think that's all true, though, I'll introduce you to a few guys who can prove it with relative ease. 

And in real life, YES ... we kinda do have auto aim. It's called being a human being with REAL REFLEXES instead of restrictive game mechanics. Perhaps you've never shot a gun in real life, but I have ... quite a bit, in fact. If I have two targets several feet away from me, I can shoot one dead center (or at least close -- it's been a while since I've been out shooting) and then snap to the next target, "lock on," and hit that one within seconds. And if a car passes me, and I want to take a shot at the driver, I can -- as a human being with real reflexes -- immediately spin and take car before the guy is halfway down the street. These are things that you simply cannot do in games like this, because the mechanics don't make it possible. So being great at free aim simply gives a perception of being superior ... which is apparently what you're going for.

I know a bunch of great free aim players, but I've only met ONE player so far who has really amazed me at free aim. This guy can make amazing shots -- so amazing that even the free aim players who don't know him will think he's somehow cheating by using auto aim in a free aim match. I've seen videos of him playing and it's freaky -- he's really intense about it and he sets his sensitivity all the way up and only using the small dot for his reticle. How did he learn to do this? He says that he spent two years in free roam, using only free aim, playing an average of 4-6 hours every day. Most people don't have that kind of time or dedication.

But, honestly, why does it matter? Play the game however you want. We all love playing games here. But don't waddle in here and pull a superiority complex over a video game that proves nothing except you can jerk off really well. Seriously, I thought AMERICANS were the assholes of the world. Show some class, man.

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

American MuSScle Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

Free aim. f*ck assisted aim... The reason i quit assisted im is cuz when i was flying a jet plane trying to blow up somebody who reached the drop crate i wanted, i ended up getting killed by one bullet to the head... Its too easy for skill-lacking people to kill you. Been playing free aim since, and been doing so successfully.
Assisted aim makes it too damn easy to kill and get killed.

Mikeol2014
  • Mikeol2014

Flyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

Play the game as intended? Oh ... so you're the guru on how these games were intended to be played? I guess I'll go to you from now on to make sure that I'm doing it the "correct" way. lol

I never said that it's IMPOSSIBLE to shoot people on foot when they're in a car ... it's just MUCH harder. I've shot people like that in free aim quite a bit, in fact. But even the most seasoned free aim player in GTA IV -- guys who played Mafiya Work and Death Match for five years straight, every single week (some, almost ever day) -- will tell you that staying in a car gives you a big advantage. It's because of the mechanics of the game -- driving in a circle, spinning the camera, and shooting is mechanically much easier and faster than a person spinning in a circle trying to track you will ever be, even with the sensitivity turned all the way up. Heck, the driving/shooting is completely unrealistic, because firing a gun from a moving vehicle is damn hard to do with any kind of accuracy. If you still don't think that's all true, though, I'll introduce you to a few guys who can prove it with relative ease. 

And in real life, YES ... we kinda do have auto aim. It's called being a human being with REAL REFLEXES instead of restrictive game mechanics. Perhaps you've never shot a gun in real life, but I have ... quite a bit, in fact. If I have two targets several feet away from me, I can shoot one dead center (or at least close -- it's been a while since I've been out shooting) and then snap to the next target, "lock on," and hit that one within seconds. And if a car passes me, and I want to take a shot at the driver, I can -- as a human being with real reflexes -- immediately spin and take car before the guy is halfway down the street. These are things that you simply cannot do in games like this, because the mechanics don't make it possible. So being great at free aim simply gives a perception of being superior ... which is apparently what you're going for.

I know a bunch of great free aim players, but I've only met ONE player so far who has really amazed me at free aim. This guy can make amazing shots -- so amazing that even the free aim players who don't know him will think he's somehow cheating by using auto aim in a free aim match. I've seen videos of him playing and it's freaky -- he's really intense about it and he sets his sensitivity all the way up and only using the small dot for his reticle. How did he learn to do this? He says that he spent two years in free roam, using only free aim, playing an average of 4-6 hours every day. Most people don't have that kind of time or dedication.

But, honestly, why does it matter? Play the game however you want. We all love playing games here. But don't waddle in here and pull a superiority complex over a video game that proves nothing except you can jerk off really well. Seriously, I thought AMERICANS were the assholes of the world. Show some class, man.

I love wanking my little heart out all the way into the wee hours of the night 
keeps my cock primed and practised ready for the next lady in my life.
YES I AM A SINGLE MAN playing GTA I am very sad very very sad
But I have a nice penis.

I have shot a Glock 17 but thats about it, I'm more into Archery.

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

Works fine for me.

If you put sensitivity right down in the menu to 1 before the bar disappears, and take the time to get used to free aim without getting your panties in a twist that someone has killed you loads, learn free aim, learn the movements you'll find its fine on a controller.

Personally, I think that's a terrible way to learn. In fact, that's what I did when I first wanted to try using free aim ... and all you end up doing is getting frustrated because you can't hit a damn thing fast enough. It's like trying to aim in water. That's one reason why I refused to try free aim for years.

When I finally decided that I wanted to learn how to shoot in free aim -- and I'm still not great, but decent -- I turned the sensitivity all the way up and used the basic reticle. That was the only way that I could learn. But that was in GTA IV. I've noticed a much higher sensitivity for V and I imagine that is insane.

Still doesn't make anyone a better player, though, because shooting is only one part of the game except in Death Match, but it's still fun to learn and quite satisfying at times.

Mikeol2014
  • Mikeol2014

Flyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

Trust me though its much more satisfying in free aim.

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

Free aim. f*ck assisted aim... The reason i quit assisted im is cuz when i was flying a jet plane trying to blow up somebody who reached the drop crate i wanted, i ended up getting killed by one bullet to the head... Its too easy for skill-lacking people to kill you. Been playing free aim since, and been doing so successfully.
Assisted aim makes it too damn easy to kill and get killed.

Um ... sorry, I'm not trying to be a dick, but it's hard to take you seriously when you talk about other people lacking skills when you're using a f*ckING JET WITH ROCKETS to kill people on the ground who only have guns.

And I don't know the situation, but those jets are fast, so it's more likely that you were killed with a sniper rifle. If you were in a Buzzard, sure, but a jet? Were you in a VTOL that I've never seen? lol

K.Walters
  • K.Walters

Keep calm and facepalm

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

This ^

Mikeol2014
  • Mikeol2014

Flyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

This ^

I thought that too after 10 years of being an ardent PC gamer, but I got used to it. I can do both now with ease. good times.
Just bloody take the time to get used to it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users