Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which one do you play with? Free aim or auto aim on GTA O?

63 replies to this topic

Poll: Which one do you play with? Free aim or auto aim on GTA O? (154 member(s) have cast votes)

Free aim or auto aim?

1. Free aim (69 votes [44.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.23%

2. Auto aim (64 votes [41.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.03%

3. You play them both equally (23 votes [14.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.74%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Vatus
  • Vatus

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

I mostly play free aim. It's harder and much more immersive. It takes a bit more skill as well, which is always fun. I didn't even know that GTA O had auto aim until ppl started to complain about the auto aim on some sites, lol.

I do play auto aim if there is nobody in free aim mode. Especially if I want to race or something.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

When people say auto aim do they mean traditional gta or assisted aiming?

Vatus
  • Vatus

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

When people say auto aim do they mean traditional gta or assisted aiming?

Both are auto aim, but I didn't make it clear. I forgot about assisted aiming to be honest.

Son_Of_Sparda
  • Son_Of_Sparda

Demon Desparado

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

I enjoy playing the game without It holding my hand, soo.. free aim.

• dethbiker likes this

HammerLarry
  • HammerLarry

Boss member

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:33 PM Edited by HammerLarry, 23 October 2013 - 10:35 PM.

Auto aim. the AI has auto aim as well, so why not.

to each their own.

Jedi Master Tom
  • Jedi Master Tom

Be with you, the Force may

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

Free aim, because I like to actually use my own player skill to get kills. Pulling two triggers and watching people drop like flies all day gets boring, real quick.

Pelican
  • Pelican

The one who knocks

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

A controller isn't built to be played with free aim if you ask me, so I'll go auto aim all the way.

CheaterMcCheat
  • CheaterMcCheat

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:51 PM Edited by CheaterMcCheat, 23 October 2013 - 10:52 PM.

I don't think free aim requires more skill at all. I use it because I got fed up of auto aim locking on to sh*t I didn't want it to. I don't consider myself above auto aim players, tbh the combat in this game isn't anything special anyway and people bragging about leet skills really need to realise what they are playing. See you pros on GTA V e-sports soon lmao

Brainberry
  • Brainberry

Tiger Lion King Of The World

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

lmfao, how is Free Aim winning? Considering how hard it is to find a full session in Free Aim. You shouldn't have made the poll public, posers gonna pose. 

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

GHMC President

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:12 PM

Free aim FTW

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:13 PM

You do know there are actually 3 aim settings?

Free
Assisted
GTA style

Vatus
  • Vatus

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:43 PM

Free
Assisted
GTA style

I honestly forgot about assisted aiming.

abfirstr8
  • abfirstr8

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:47 PM

I played the SP all free aim but I play online with auto aim and just squeeze the trigger halfway to use free aim whenever I want

dethbiker
  • dethbiker

basketball and heavy metal.

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

auto aim needs to go. No other modern game has it and I don't hear people bitching.

CriminalHero
  • CriminalHero

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:22 AM

A controller isn't built to be played with free aim if you ask me, so I'll go auto aim all the way.

That is pretty much baloney.

SuperSpartan747
  • SuperSpartan747

The Intel Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:24 AM

Vatus
  • Vatus

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:43 AM Edited by Vatus, 24 October 2013 - 01:14 AM.

auto aim needs to go. No other modern game has it and I don't hear people bitching.

There are some modern games that have it, but they are more subtle about it like Bioshock 1 and 2, and Mass Effect 3.

I don't mind it being in GTA, because I look at it as

Traditional GTA: Easy mode

Assisted style: Normal mode

Free: Hard Mode

Free aim simple: Very hard mode

I think a lot ppl don't know you turn off the auto aim. It may be better to have free aim by default in future games, but R* probably won't do that.

Kreuzn
  • Kreuzn

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:51 AM

Free
Assisted
GTA style

Assisted and Traditional GTA are both auto aim so it doesn't matter. I figured assisted would just help your reticule stick to your target while you were aiming before I tried it, and if that were the case it would deserve it's own category. But it automatically locks on, so it's auto aim.

@OP I've been playing free aim since online dropped, still not the best at it but I'm loving it. After sticking to soft-lock in RDR and MP3 multiplayer I figured it was about time I started aiming for myself instead of running around feeling like a king because I knew how to aim slightly for headshots lol.

Kreuzn
  • Kreuzn

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:53 AM

Assisted: Easy mode

Traditional GTA style: Normal mode

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought Traditional GTA was hard lock and assisted was soft lock, which would make assisted the normal mode and traditional gta easy mode in your equation.

• MaizeG likes this

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

DON'T HATE ME 'CAUSE I'M BEAUTIFUL, N**GA

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:55 AM

If I'm moving, I like to keep aimed down the sights so it doesn't jump to anyone.  But assisted aiming mostly because all the NPCs have aimbot and do ridiculous amounts of damage even if you're line-firing.  So I just find it easier to use skill for shots on enemies out of range and utilize the assist with an immediate short climb for the headshot when I'm firing from cover.

Vatus
  • Vatus

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:13 AM Edited by Vatus, 24 October 2013 - 01:14 AM.

Assisted: Easy mode

Traditional GTA style: Normal mode

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought Traditional GTA was hard lock and assisted was soft lock, which would make assisted the normal mode and traditional gta easy mode in your equation.

I thought it was the opposite? I might be wrong. I have to look it up or test it out.  *looks up*

You're right. Assisted aim is more of a soft lock on than traditional GTA aiming. Time to edit my post..

SeaJey
  • SeaJey

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:18 AM

free aim all the way, though sadly my friends don't, so sometimes auto aim. SO annoying being in a car and being instantly shot in the face. also just makes it so f*cking boring fighting someone as luck is 50% of the battle

Zonegamer
  • Zonegamer

Front Yard Balla

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:50 AM

I play with traditional aim/assisted as I'm not about to make my playthrough any harder especially with the majority of other players using Auto aim, but if free aim was compulsory I wouldn't have a problem with that as kills would feel more rewarding.

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:52 AM

Both, switch it up sometimes depending on how I feel.

More auto aim because all my friends are there, and usually more active lobbies.

karmaman101
  • karmaman101

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:58 AM

I generally switch it up, but I tend to lean on the free aim side. The AI in this game are crazy, though. They really need to tone them down quite a bit.

HeroicFails
  • HeroicFails

Heroic Since the start, Fail till i die!

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:02 AM

I am used to PC gaming, still getting used to the whole sensitivity of not being able to control the thumb stick like a mouse, but I find that free aim and a sensitivity between the middle and lowest setting is best

buddybravo
  • buddybravo

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:09 AM

Auto-aim, it's the default setting and there's nothing wrong with it. Maybe if I did more PvP game modes I'd have a problem with it though. I like it against the AI who have amazing reflexes and pin point accuracy.

2mlg4u
  • 2mlg4u

♣2mlg4u♣

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:13 AM

I Play on Auto-Aim.

Not one of those elitist free aim people.

bobblunderbust
  • bobblunderbust

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:13 AM

if they had better crosshairs but just a small white dot ...............are you kidding me but if it just wasn't a small white dot I would love free aim and would prefer it

buddybravo
  • buddybravo

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:14 AM Edited by buddybravo, 24 October 2013 - 02:16 AM.

if they had better crosshairs but just a small white dot ...............are you kidding me but if it just wasn't a small white dot I would love free aim and would prefer it

You can change this in the settings menu and I'd reccomend it regardless of what aiming style you use. Even with auto-aim I do have to free aim a lot of the time because my weapon can't lock on to the enemy and having just that white dot which is almost invisible to me is horrible.

• bobblunderbust likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users